Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Is that Feudal Japan Gorilla Grodd?

I’m in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Why is Alfred there?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I'm down for some Batmanime.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

business hammocks posted:

Why is Alfred there?

How do you have a Batman movie without Alfred?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Why is there a non-Japanese Alfred in the Japanese Batman movie?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
To say Bruce-sama and make me crack the gently caress up

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alfred's a foreigner in American Batman media too.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

I'm pretty sure all of the Batman characters are transplanted from the present into the past (of Japan)

Based on who is writing this movie, this is going to be much more in the vein of Brave and the Bold Batman with anime style than anything remotely resembling a more "grounded" approach

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

They should make Batmanime Alfred a Portugese trader

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm pretty sure all of the Batman characters are transplanted from the present into the past (of Japan)

Based on who is writing this movie, this is going to be much more in the vein of Brave and the Bold Batman with anime style than anything remotely resembling a more "grounded" approach

Yep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mVTKEc-mu8

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Who's the pink haired lady supposed to be?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

hiddenriverninja posted:

Who's the pink haired lady supposed to be?

Poison Ivy

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Go loving nuts, it's a man dressed as a bat traveling in time to fight an evil daimyo clown

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
From the trailer, everyone is from Gotham transported to feudal Japan. It's not like Bruce Wayne is the only one who somehow found himself in a Japan where everyone is mysteriously like his rogues gallery/family or something.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

AnonSpore posted:

From the trailer, everyone is from Gotham transported to feudal Japan. It's not like Bruce Wayne is the only one who somehow found himself in a Japan where everyone is mysteriously like his rogues gallery/family or something.

I wonder how the gently caress they managed to convince Damian to get that haircut.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I wonder how the gently caress they managed to convince Damian to get that haircut.

Told him Dick would respect him if he did.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I think you mean Burusu Wayane

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

"Dark_Tzitzimine" posted:

You call this Batman: Ninja. Despite the fact that Batman is clearly dressed as a Samurai?

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

The Question IRL posted:

You call this Batman: Ninja. Despite the fact that Batman is clearly dressed as a Samurai?

Batmanurai.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Komori-kun

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The Question IRL posted:

Wikipedia says ninjas wore samurai armor.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I just can't get over it not being called Batmanime.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
This might actually be the most successful piece of animation DC's done in decades that isn't TTGO. This is too good of an idea for DC/Warner Brothers executives to intentionally come up with on their own, hiring a bunch of good animators and writers to just go nuts with Batman. This clearly must have been the work of a Wizard.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Dec 3, 2017

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

The Question IRL posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXmjaxI9yTU&t=197s

Timestamp 3:17 if it doesn't do it automatically.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

Nice

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Professor Wayne posted:

Good spot. I had forgotten about that episode of BTAS.

As for my quote I was trying to reference that Simpsons episode (22 Short Films About Springfield) where Chalmers says to Skinner "So it's called a Steamed Ham...Despite being clearly grilled."

Anyway on to the next topic which will clearly be Logan also going back in time to feudal Japan so they can both be Samurai, and sword fight.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Skwirl posted:

They burned through their Weeb quota with the Batmanga

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
It's irrationally irritating to me that the Japanese title is ニンジャマットマン (Ninja Batman) but the English title is Batman Ninja

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

AnonSpore posted:

It's irrationally irritating to me that the Japanese title is ニンジャマットマン (Ninja Batman) but the English title is Batman Ninja

All Batmen are ninja, but not all ninja are Batman (Jim Gordon exempted)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

AnonSpore posted:

The writer they wanted for the show was unfortunately just made editor in chief at Marvel

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

AnonSpore posted:

In Japanese they put the family name first, baka gaijin

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Professor Wayne posted:

I always enjoy when Bruce fights goes around without the mask on. Which may explain why Batman Returns is still my favorite superhero movie.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Marvel Television is working on Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors, an upcoming feature-length animated film about a new generation of diverse superheroes.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Marvel animated movies have been mostly misses with less than a handful of hits, but I'm down to at least check this out. It's a pretty good roster and cast.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That is a pretty excellent roster though man Captain Marvel seems remarkably out of place with the rest of 'em.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Is it just me or does the formatting of that article make it incredibly hard to read

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Strongly approve of Chloe Bennett getting to be Quake in a different setting, and Vayntrub as Squirrel Girl for that matter.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

AnonSpore posted:

Is it just me or does the formatting of that article make it incredibly hard to read

I'm not quite

sure what you

mean.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I thought it was my browser security plugins loving with the site. Yeesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
The article on the Marvel site is a tad better than that stupid Buzzfeed article.

I really like this roster.
But now I'm kinda missing Kate Bishop there. The patriot is sort of stupid and introducing us to her was the best thing he did. Maybe at some point in the future.
Did Stacey have pink streaks before at some point, or did she steal that hairdo from the other Gwen?

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Dec 7, 2017