Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

red19fire posted:

Joe Derosa?!?!?!

You’d need shoulders to wear a sweater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
Some advertisers pulled out of Sean Hannity's show one of them being Keurig. So of course a bunch of conservatives are smashing their coffee makers and posting it on twitter. There is a story here:

http://www.businessinsider.com/keurig-boycott-coffee-machine-smashing-videos-2017-11

The first video they quote is Bob Levey.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Topical Louis CK video from TEFFT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ3pzH35LDQ

I'm just........... not surprised that Louis tried to lazily jerk off while 2 girls made out instead of actually put effort into a 3-some, but I didn't know it was from before he was even married

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Today's show was Jim, Ant and Ari Shaffir and it was really good.

They ripped into Opie quite a bit.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
How have the Benningtons been doing?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

T Bowl posted:

Ron and Gail are doing great, Chester not so much.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

T Bowl posted:

everyone is fine. unfortunately that will never be as compelling for radio as the Fez Meltdown Era.

AxisofIdiocy
Mar 5, 2009

What do you mean this
isn't the ketchup?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxaAR8AsDFE

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

T Bowl posted:

Pretty good. Great if you like hour long discussions of classic rock albums

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Rape Stink posted:

Great if you like hour long discussions of classic rock albums

I laughed at this, good job. I think I will listen to them on the drive home today. Name some classic album reviews of classic albums they've done recently?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Bennington is still a great show and I listen all the time

I got my friend to start listening to it because we had some 9 hour drive back from looking at the eclipse a couple months ago and he was dying at some of the bits

This was a really good bit recently that someone who no longer wishes to lead a public life was apparently not happy with lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GmLEZr0AZ0&t=4321s

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I've been listening to 2007 Ron & Fez and it's amazing how much happens in just one week at the start of the year. Fainting febreeze goat, master Po choking out Earl and Dave, the hot sauce incident, Dave voted off the show, Paul O's wife saying what a piece of poo poo he is, and then the Midnight Rider Saga.

Bennington is good radio and enjoyable while working in the afternoon, but I can't see myself in 2027 going back and listening to old Benningtons, Jim & Sams, Artie & Anthonys or anything else going with these guys right now.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
So apparently Fez was set to go on BL's show in florida and Ron was going to be on the air with him and they sent an uber to pick up Fez and at the last minute he refused to get in the car.

Also an interesting thing going on with Bennington is Ron is doing standup again and now when he brings in comedians he is bringing on people he has personally seen perform and the interviews are way better.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

T Bowl posted:

I laughed at this, good job. I think I will listen to them on the drive home today. Name some classic album reviews of classic albums they've done recently?

They for real did a "top ten desert island albums" last week.

Pet Sounds
Exile on Main Street
The Band
Nico
Dark Side
Sgt. Pepper

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I can tell you this about Bennington, Ron is an insufferable moody prick when Gail isn't around to balance him out. She wasn't in today and the first half of today's show was nigh unlistenable. Nigh I say.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

JFC posted:

I can tell you this about Bennington, Ron is an insufferable moody prick when Gail isn't around to balance him out. She wasn't in today and the first half of today's show was nigh unlistenable. Nigh I say.

Care to say what gets him moody? Politics? Bad staff? Terrible opinions from callers?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

jerkstoresup posted:

Bennington is good radio and enjoyable while working in the afternoon, but I can't see myself in 2027 going back and listening to old Benningtons, Jim & Sams, Artie & Anthonys or anything else going with these guys right now.

It's exactly this. I listen to Bennington everyday, it's great background fodder while I'm doing something else, but I have no interest in best-ofs like I did with old O&A bits. There aren't really bits, just fairly entertaining chat about bands / movies / current events. It's entertaining yet wholly digestable and forgettable.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Morter posted:

Care to say what gets him moody? Politics? Bad staff? Terrible opinions from callers?

I think it's just doing the show by himself. Chris and Vito couldn't do anything right according to him, anything anyone said wasn't the answer to his question, and every topic they discussed his hot take was "this is stupid". It reminded me of latter day Ron & Fez when he'd get sick of carrying the show and just make everyone else miserable since he was.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

this is almost worth paying for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MrtMSXNuOY

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Anthony was on Jim and Sam again this morning and he had one of the best lines I've heard in quite a while.

Ben Bailey: "They wanted me to do a quiz show in a public toilet."

Ant: "Well, i know a cameraman you could hire."

Foolhorn
Dec 5, 2003

Remember kids, be like Billy. Behave yourself.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
So Artie posted this pic on his Twitter and

I don't think there will be an A&A show for awhile

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
*tsk* He's supposed to telling punchlines not getting punched in the face and doing lines.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
You mean that's not rhinophyma?

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Is he shooting the dope into his nose?

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
his eyes are trying to escape from his nose

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Kak posted:

So Artie posted this pic on his Twitter and

*image of Artie's nose growing a tumor*

I don't think there will be an A&A show for awhile

Ant had to know about this, he knows that Artie is good for a month or two before he finally implodes.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Ant had to know about this, he knows that Artie is good for a month or two before he finally implodes.

He's paying him $750k a year.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Kak posted:

He's paying him $750k a year.

Oh, yeah, that wasn't going to be just immediately converted into heroin and cocaine

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
https://twitter.com/anthonycumiaxyz/status/940663003363659777

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
YOU'RE A GODDAMN OLD MAN IN HIS 50S WHY ARE YOU ENGAGING IN TWEET FOLLOWING SLASH UNFOLLOWING DRAMA

DON'T YOU HAVE UNDERWEIGHT, UNDERAGED WAIFS TO BE BEATING

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
If only he didn't eat that grape.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

You know I was going to laugh at Ant for paying Artie 750k for two months of work, but then I saw this and laughed harder because at least Ant is working. Opie is probably sitting around his house getting fat and trying to get gigs despite people not knowing him at all.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Well, looks like Artie got arrested for missing a court date.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

You know I was going to laugh at Ant for paying Artie 750k for two months of work, but then I saw this and laughed harder because at least Ant is working. Opie is probably sitting around his house getting fat and trying to get gigs despite people not knowing him at all.

Are you telling me you’re not tuning into Opie’s hilarious “pop up shows” where he fake laughs at everything the Cuban does?

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
https://clips.twitch.tv/DarkKindRaisinGOWSkull

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

So Artie plead guilty to possession of 81 baggies of heroin and has been flown by private jet to a rehab in an undisclosed location. The jet was paid for by two anonymous comedian friends of his, most think it's Colin and maybe Apatow.

He's still up for sentencing in February after he finishes rehab so he may still do jail time.

Ant still hasn't said a word about any of it :) The O&A-o-verse still delivers.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Jesus Christ. How does a poor, broke dude end up with 81 baggies of heroin? Oh, right, Anthony probably gave him a shitload of money up front.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Apoplexy posted:

Jesus Christ. How does a poor, broke dude end up with 81 baggies of heroin? Oh, right, Anthony probably gave him a shitload of money up front.

He does have a tendency to get duped by his supposed friends...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Ehh 81 baggies isn't that much. Like 500 bucks worth of cheap skag.