Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

that music is real good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

He looks super fun.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/ShonenGameZ/status/936498321341915136

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I already love those dialogue quotes already. Gotenks giving Nappa poo poo and Freeza looking at Fat Buu like this is really the ultimate evil?

:allears:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
I WOULD LIKE TO PLAY THIS VIDEO'D GAME

Gotenks giving poo poo to Nappa is excellent

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

That's pretty loving harsh gotenks.

I'm glad they had custom dialogue, I was a bit worried they'd all be generic intros.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ginyu should be mad his cells didn't go into making cell

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Remember that time Goku almost died because he didn't want to take his heart medication

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

God he looks amazing. Nappa/Kid Buu are a lock for my first team

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Remember that time Goku almost died because he didn't want to take his heart medication

That's DBZA dude that's not how it happened in the show

in the show he couldn't take the medication until he already had the virus

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

lol, i was about to ask if that was some bad anime filler i missed but it ended up even dumber

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Shindragon posted:

I already love those dialogue quotes already. Gotenks giving Nappa poo poo and Freeza looking at Fat Buu like this is really the ultimate evil?

:allears:

"My father told me the two things in this universe to never gently caress with were the God of Destruction and this wad of bubble gum?!"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

It's not quite that. In the show he doesn't get the heart virus when he's supposed to and so it isn't even something he considers. He just assumes it isn't going to happen because he was already supposed to be dead. Whoops.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I hope the Nappa-Vegeta dialog is as wonderfully awkward as I imagine it to be.

"Hey! That was a dick move!"
"Yeah. So what are you going to do now?"
"...nothing..."

Also, Adult Gohan and Ginyu in a pose off!

EDIT: Speaking of Nappa-Vegeta reunions, is GT considered canon these days?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

super hasn't outright contradicted it yet, so probably

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

I hope the Nappa-Vegeta dialog is as wonderfully awkward as I imagine it to be.

"Hey! That was a dick move!"
"Yeah. So what are you going to do now?"
"...nothing..."

Also, Adult Gohan and Ginyu in a pose off!

I believe Xenoverse threaded the needle by saying it's a possible continuation of the timeline from Z, but not the one and only one.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I hope dumb big neck buu is announced soon so I can roll with a team made entirely of the best dbz villian

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

super hasn't outright contradicted it yet, so probably

Yes it has. Among other things Pilaf's gang are now children while the plot of GT explicitly relies on them being old.

I mean they could put everything back in the box with a magic wish at the very end because it's Dragonball but at the current moment it doesn't make a lot of sense to assume GT comes after Super.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Dec 1, 2017

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Dragon Ball Super takes place between Kid Buu's defeat and Goku's fight with Uub.

As long as Goku's trainig with Uub doesn't change, then GT is a possible future.

shows what I know

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Yes it has. Among other things Pilaf's gang are now children while the plot of GT explicitly relies on them being old.

that was the only thing i could recall off-hand as being iffy and that could be undone before super's over with another wish

e: oh you edited that post; i do agree that it doesn't make that much sense for gt to come after super but it's not like dragon ball would be the first nerd franchise where adding new stories inbetween already existing stories makes little sense but happens anyway

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

that was the only thing i could recall off-hand as being iffy and that could be undone before super's over with another wish

There's also the fact that Kibitio-Kai is unfused when he isn't in GT.

And as I edited in and decided to move to a response post:
There's also a lot of little characterization bits that don't really flow from DBS to DBGT like... the entirety of the Super 17 saga which assumes a more antagonistic relationship between 18 and Goku than exists in Super.

Edit: I mean it's Dragonball, there's absolutely nothing that prevents it from ending with the Kai and Kibito refusing, Goku and Vegeta forgetting Ultra Instinct/SSB, Beerus and the celestial beings all vanishing and the Pilaf gang reaging, but honestly it seems safer to assume it's just a different story until they do a full reset ending. It's not like Dragonball lacks alternate timelines anyway.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Dec 1, 2017

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

There's also the fact that Kibitio-Kai is unfused when he isn't in GT.

fair enough! i hope you can understand why i might have forgotten kibito kai ever existed at any point in time, especially in gt

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

fair enough! i hope you can understand why i might have forgotten kibito kai ever existed at any point in time, especially in gt

The only reason I remember he exists is because the Supreme Kai is The Literal Worst. I don't even think Dragonball Super remembers Kibito exists now that they're unfused.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i always liked the supreme kai's design and felt a little bummed that he was such a nothing character after his cool introduction

zamasu ended up an actually cool kai though and i hope he's dlc

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Shin is an absolute failure but I am glad he's around in Super, where the show is mostly aware of this fact.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Blockhouse posted:

I'm watching Kai and Gohan says that he didn't take his medication because he didn't feel sick and thought he didn't have the virus

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Well gently caress me then I just thought that was a goof

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I want to know what is up with the pantheon in Future Trunks' parallel world and how they are reacting to Zeno's sudden disappearance

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

dr.acula posted:

I want to know what is up with the pantheon in Future Trunks' parallel world and how they are reacting to Zeno's sudden disappearance

They're all dead. Zenos was the last living thing in that universe before Goku yoinked him.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Blockhouse posted:

The thing to remember about DB is that Goku is dumb as hell

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

ImpAtom posted:

They're all dead. Zenos was the last living thing in that universe before Goku yoinked him.

Im talking about the Grand Priest and the angels and all the other universes

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

The thing to remember about DB is that Goku is dumb as hell

There is a bit where after Future Trunks gives Goku the medicine and warning about the androids and leaves where everyone else asks what he told them and he says he forgot. For a long time, I always assumed that was Goku stalling for time because poo poo, where do you even start to unload all of that?

I realize now this is probably not the case and everyone would have been hosed if Piccolo wasn't there to listen in.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Dec 2, 2017

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The easiest explanation for most things in Dragon Ball is that if Goku is involved, it's probably because Goku is a loving idiot.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Blockhouse posted:

DBZ abridged takes more than a few liberties but it's actually extremely true to the source material most of the time. They're gigantic DBZ nerds and love the series, which is what makes it such good satire.

Also, I haven't had that "holy poo poo, this guy's going on my team for sure" moment for any other character yet, and I've honestly never really cared about any of the buus much (as playable characters in dbz games, he's a cool antagonist though), but holy loving poo poo after that trailer I am absolutely 100% going to main him. His moveset looks amazing and visceral in a way that really stands out to me.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Wrist Watch posted:

"holy poo poo, this guy's going on my team for sure"

For me that's been pretty much N. 18 from the getgo. Followed closely by Gotenks and Ginyu.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Unlucky7 posted:

There is a bit where after Future Trunks gives Goku the medicine and warning about the androids and leaves where everyone else asks what he told them and he says he forgot. For a long time, I always assumed that was Goku stalling for time because poo poo, where do you even start to unload all of that?

I realize now this is probably not the case and everyone would have been hosed if Piccolo wasn't there to listen in.

Goku's dumb and loves to fight while Piccolo's smart and loves to cross his arms

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Goku's dumb and loves to fight while Piccolo's smart and loves to cross his arms

Piccolo's arch nemesis is Arms Akimbo.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2fsk11

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Wrist Watch posted:

Also, I haven't had that "holy poo poo, this guy's going on my team for sure" moment for any other character yet,

That moment will probably never happen for me either unless they acknowledge the movies and add in either Cooler or Janemba.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Biobroly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Does Cooler have moves that Frieza doesn't? I remember he had a Shredder form and a T1000 form but I don't remember them actually doing much of anything.