Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i have a Limbo sitting at 0 in my arsenal as an eternal reminder of the sins i almost committed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Avulsion posted:

Finally got around to building Limbo, and I have a couple of questions:

1) How do I avoid being "that guy" on missions?
2) How do I go about being "that guy"?

1) Dont bring Limbo on "Gotta go fast" missions (Exterminate, sabotage,ect). Bring Limbo on Rescue and banish the hostage. Bring limbo on defense and do crowd control. Pick and energy color that contrast with the mission tileset so your group see quickly what is and is not in the rift.

2) Banish everything, pick an energy color that is near invisible on the mission tileset, banish your allies and freeze time in the rift, bring a Helminth charger as a pet on infested survival.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Rainuwastaken posted:

They've straight up said that they design some weapons to be flat-out worse than others, though it was admittedly before Rivens came along and Very Definitely Fixed the Problem, so I doubt they'll ever make most of the old, garbage weapons any better.

Then again, they made the Sicarus pretty awesome...

in this case i think it has way more to do with it being a much earlier weapon. there's a noticeable trend of the more recent stuff being actually workable compared to a lot of trash that was added years ago. when it comes to a variant weapon like wraiths or vandals or whatever i would at least hope that the thing is moderately useful instead of what the machete wraith is, which is 'barely scraping by above the completely awful level' and completely outclassed otherwise

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Avulsion posted:

Finally got around to building Limbo, and I have a couple of questions:
1) How do I avoid being "that guy" on missions?
If you just think he looks cool use him as a gun platform/use explosives and hide in the void to let your shield recharge I guess.

Someone already pointed it out, but most of what Limbo brings to the table for group play other frames can do better or about the same with less liability.

He can make spy missions or rescues easier though, like spy sorties with limbo are cake walks since it lets everyone zoom to vaults untouchable.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

aleksendr posted:

1) Dont bring Limbo on "Gotta go fast" missions (Exterminate, sabotage,ect). Bring Limbo on Rescue and banish the hostage. Bring limbo on defense and do crowd control. Pick and energy color that contrast with the mission tileset so your group see quickly what is and is not in the rift.

2) Banish everything, pick an energy color that is near invisible on the mission tileset, banish your allies and freeze time in the rift, bring a Helminth charger as a pet on infested survival.

Please no. Please. NO LIMBO.

Was trying to farm AXI last night with some excavation runs. Pug Limbo dude did his best to make it as hard as possible for us to kill the power cell birds. It was baffling. EXCAVATION ISN'T HARD ENOUGH TO BANISH poo poo LIKE THIS.

If you want to bring CC to the team, please be Gara or something else that won't interfere with everyone else. I am so over Frost bubbles and Limbo banishment.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

RHINO: Nothing he can do will piss off your team!

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
https://clips.twitch.tv/RefinedDepressedMeatloafCurseLit

"Pwoof" indeed :allears:

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Night10194 posted:

For whatever reason, I don't see a lot of Rhino. I feel like he's been saddled with the "noob frame" status but he's pretty useful.

Geburan
Nov 4, 2010
He seems useful, but I can’t bring myself to build one. Excal was fun enough, but Loki and Nyx were more interesting. Wasn’t excited about Frost either, but hey, free Prime.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

rhino isn't very exciting so generally once people build more interesting frames (see: most of the frames in the game) they tend to move to those

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

commish posted:

For whatever reason, I don't see a lot of Rhino. I feel like he's been saddled with the "noob frame" status but he's pretty useful.

I play my rhino prime an enormous amount because there is absolutely no situation where I do not feel I am able to be helpful with him.

E: Also because I prefer playing around with a bunch of wild guns to using spells and frame powers on people.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
My theory is that since he's one of the earliest unlocked frame, by the time you get to mid-late game you have many more options for group play. Rhino does a lot of good thing but nearly every frame does it better aside from survival.

Also once you unlock the focus system you look for a frame getting a lot of afinity in kills and Rhino is not good at that, 3 out of 4 abilities not directly causing damage or enabling stealth.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Rhino's fun but very, very straight forward. I just think his 4 is one of the coolest looking things in the game still, though.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The fact that Rhino Prime gold-plates himself with Iron Skin was the best part of acquiring Rhino Prime.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
I like tanky frames a lot but compared to nekros or inaros rhino feels more precarious. If youre ever caught without your iron skin you go down in a split second. And it's not exactly obvious how much of your iron skin you have left, ley alone how strong the current cast is. It could really use some hud work to better indicate its state.

The refresh augment should really be baked into the ability i think and maybe with a blind or stagger when it fails so you get an unambigious "get out" signal and the chance to do so.

Rhino Prime is going to be unvaulted soon, isnt he? Would be a good chance for some tweaks.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Have you instead considered getting good at Limbo

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Just baking all the augments into their respective abilities seems like it'd do a lot to help older frames (and stop taking up a precious slot)

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

If I am going to take up one weapon slot for a bow(so I have something silent for soloing spy missions) should it be dread or paris prime?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

RFC2324 posted:

If I am going to take up one weapon slot for a bow(so I have something silent for soloing spy missions) should it be dread or paris prime?

Dread cuts people in half

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Night10194 posted:

Dread cuts people in half

I have both, and dread is cool, but prime :v:

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

commish posted:

Rhino's the Soma Prime of Warframes. It's extremely reliable in a lot of situations. The charge and iron skin syndicate mods mean all you have to do is charge through 3-4 enemies, pop iron skin, and you can face-tank pretty much anything and only lose about 1%. Coupled with the damage boost from roar and crowd-control offered by stomp and you're an unkillable asset to your team. If you absolutely need to get poo poo done, Rhino's the way to go.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

RFC2324 posted:

I have both, and dread is cool, but prime :v:

Dread is called dread. And it cuts people in half. And has a slight chance for orange numbers.

Officer CockKnuckle
Feb 18, 2007
Can i get a reinvite back into the pc clan? Was out for a while, but im getting sucked back in. Bunionz

Geburan
Nov 4, 2010
Favorite frame (assuming non whale and less than one million hours)? Go!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Geburan posted:

Ivara

I farmed her in a very long night of grinding out a lot of spy missions so it meets the "less than one million hours" criteria

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Rainuwastaken posted:

They've straight up said that they design some weapons to be flat-out worse than others, though it was admittedly before Rivens came along and Very Definitely Fixed the Problem, so I doubt they'll ever make most of the old, garbage weapons any better.

Then again, they made the Sicarus pretty awesome...

Sicarus got buffed because it has a prime version and their data clearly showed nobody used Sicarus Prime. They only realized this when they were unvaulting it. Machete is a Grineer weapon so we won't see any prime version so it is highly unlikely they will ever buff it. You are better off going for Gazal Machete.

DE is very bad at acknowledging their terrible weapons until their data blows up on their face or if their *LORE* got messed up from it. They are still silently shameful about Valkyr Prime's design since obviously they forgot Valkyr's original look is the Gersemi variant instead of the mutilated one we have now.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

S.J. posted:

Dread is called dread. And it cuts people in half. And has a slight chance for orange numbers.

tootin my own horn here:

:smug:

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

Geburan posted:

Nidus 100%. Fun abilities, great survivability, and unique styling.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Geburan posted:

probably saryn right now for an all-around useful frame

toxic space barbie is A+

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Harrow. Excellent support for everything at the same time.

Hard to get and you need to do every main quest to even get the BP.

Banshee is super simple to get and can spread 5x damage weakpoints to every enemy on the map or soundquake and CC/Kill everything herself.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
Hmm, how can I get in on this game of recommending the most painful frames to farm? Oh, I know, I haven't played it yet, but Equinox is great, you should totally get that!

I just finished the grind last night and :smithicide:

I do love my Banshee, though.

LeisureSuit Canary
Dec 27, 2012

Zephyr is my favorite. She has her problems but is pretty fun. Hitscan tonkor is nifty and tailwind overall is good. Hopefully the rework irons out her rough spots.

I got a lot of poo poo from my buddies for formaing my zephyr and using the useless bird frame.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Rhino is great because of the Rubedo Skin. More things need Rubedo Skin.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Night10194 posted:

ACTUALLY :spergin:
I was playing Inaros with the Zarr yesterday. Normally I can catch myself in the blast one or two times and come out alive and kicking, but the rhino roar buff gave me enough damage to oneshot myself.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Geburan posted:

I would say that overall my favorite frame is Inaros, just because he is the premier lazy person frame. He doesn't need any crazy mods, doesn't need any crazy farming, so he's easy to get and set up. Just get Negation Swarm and Rage/Hunter Adrenaline from a goon, rank up your Steel Fiber and Vitality as high as you can, and you're good to go. Literally everything else mod-wise is frosting on top. He's by far the most forgiving frame in the game. He's so insanely tanky and has so much trivial CC that you can just muddle through literally any content without having to pay attention. I only EVER get downed on tier 3 sorties/kuva floods when a nullifier or scrambus pops my scarab armor and then something like a tech or cat lady blasts my rear end and even then it's only when I'm really not paying attention. Even after that you could still potentially get yourself back up (although not really if it's high level Grineer due to the armor).

Seriously everyone should have an Inaros loadout for when they are just feeling lazy as hell and don't wanna give a gently caress.

Also I'm going to post it again because I think it got lost in the shuffle but this is what the loving Pump Action Tenno Shotgun sounds like and it is everything anyone could have ever wanted: https://clips.twitch.tv/RefinedDepressedMeatloafCurseLit

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Mirage really needs a new 3, and for her current 3's active to become her passive (sans the in-light effect).

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm a whale with 1000+ hours, but my favorite is probably Vauban. I haven't run him in ages and started playing him again and it's so much fun. I've been re-learning his mines and they're pretty good, especially Concuss. AoE radiation to make enemies fight is nice. Add Bastion, Vortex and the ability to turn people into electric Christmas trees and you have a good frame for me.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i like mag

Just kind of unassumingly competent in all corners and has like 70 different skins and helmets to choose from

Honestly playing the more warcrime-y frames is fun but I feel I only really use them for very specific situations

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Berke Negri posted:

i like mag

Just kind of unassumingly competent in all corners and has like 70 different skins and helmets to choose from

Honestly playing the more warcrime-y frames is fun but I feel I only really use them for very specific situations

i've been using mag a lot lately and it's fun to watch armored and shield enemies melt when you use polarize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Octavia's my new favorite. It provides a shitload of bonus damage, armor/speed/multishot/melee damage+ for anyone with rhythm, a roller that taunts enemies, and sick jams all in one package.