Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

Hahahah gently caress Buemi that was an awesome battle, he should be proud to have put on that good of a show in the final lap. His pissy reaction totally ruins that.

Also hello racing goons. This is the first racing series I've ever paid attention to. It's fun!

edit: look how good this poo poo is:

https://twitter.com/FIAformulaE/status/891403764736954369

Tres Burritos fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jul 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Buemi even argued with the wrong amlin andretti driver for a bit. Frijns was super confused.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

And now Buemi gets DQ'd for having an underweight car. He's going to be extra salty tomorrow.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

Does that sort of stuff happen a lot? He was DQ'd in germany for having under pressured tires too, right?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I think the explanation is that his second car was underweight because that was the car he crashed during practice. They didn't have time after rebuilding the car to weigh the car.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
The Buemi clusterfuck continues :allears:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
http://e-racing365.com/formula-e/jaguar-i-pace-series-to-support-formula-e/

Electric crossover support races :allears:

Shine on, you crazy diamond, Formula e.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Pretty big news, Renault out, Nissan in as part of a motorsport partnership between the 2 according to Motorsport. Will likely end up being for the 2018/19 season with e.dams staying on as the actual owner of the spot. The article says Buemi will probably stay on despite driving for Toyota in WEC but I heavily doubt that.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I suspect that will very much not be a problem by then.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Will somebody be making a Season 4 thread?

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Who's staying up for the first race? This guy.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

If the posts on the FE subreddit are any indication, there won't be any more non-geoblocked VLC streams this year.

At least there is now a legit way to watch the races live in :finland: and a Eurosport Player subscription isn't massively expensive, I guess.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Who's staying up for the first race? This guy.

Same here, but it's more of an accident to be honest

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Doc Morbid posted:

If the posts on the FE subreddit are any indication, there won't be any more non-geoblocked VLC streams this year.

At least there is now a legit way to watch the races live in :finland: and a Eurosport Player subscription isn't massively expensive, I guess.

Yeah slightly obnoxious but at least Fox Sports airs the races live in the US on one of their channels. Currently watching quali time delayed on FS2

e: according to reddit, singapore is open on youtube, we'll see if it's open during the race.

MazeOfTzeentch fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Dec 2, 2017

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Heh, Alain was pissed at his boy for loving his car up and dragging an advertising banner along, getting it stuck in Jerome D'ambrosio's wheels in quali

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
3-wide into turn 1, Lotterer bins it in turn 3 blocks the track for mortara evans and prost, red flag

Formula E trying to be Macau

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
man I fell off Formula E kinda early last season and now stuff is geoblocked and harder to watch so maybe I won't bother with-

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

3-wide into turn 1, Lotterer bins it in turn 3 blocks the track for mortara evans and prost, red flag

Formula E trying to be Macau

nevermind time to track down a stream

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

abraham linksys posted:

man I fell off Formula E kinda early last season and now stuff is geoblocked and harder to watch so maybe I won't bother with-

nevermind time to track down a stream

non-geoblocked stream: http://live.weibo.com/show?id=1042152:6bd2e6be7af3ae88212e94d03eed0428

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
A) the Eurosport commentator is bad.
B) the nextEV / Andretti liveries are really confusing.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Great battle between Vergne and Bird

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hahaha Bird

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I don't understand why these new onscreen graphics don't show how much battery everyone has left (edit: oh, it was a glitch, now they're back) They got rid of the little car color indicators as well.

fake edit: haha gently caress off Buemi

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Come on Heidfeld get your first win.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Drive through for Bird not leaving his car in the tent (and also for nearly pasting a dude)

edit: ahahaahahahaha bird still in front from a drive through

e2 also the new graphics are kinda crap, i'm sure they'll tweak it throughout the season. especially the position swap animations during the pit stops

MazeOfTzeentch fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Dec 2, 2017

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Overall a pretty entertaining clusterfuck of a race.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Channel 5 seem to have improved their coverage, they actually have Vernon Kay at the track now and it's not just 2 people in a cupboard. Still extremely rear end that they're not showing the race live though.

He does pronounce Dario's surname "Frankitty" though.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I don't like how the graphics are slowly turning into 4K wank-fodder, I have dodgy eyes and a poverty TV, I'm feeling othered.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

HJB posted:

I don't like how the graphics are slowly turning into 4K wank-fodder, I have dodgy eyes and a poverty TV, I'm feeling othered.

Yeah I watched the race on my TV and while the TV is HD I watch TV through the regular antenna because lol spending an HDMI port on a TV box. The stack was super hard to read and I completely gave up trying any time numbers were on screen. Fun race though, I hope Mortara can keep doing cool stuff through the whole season and doesn't just completely fade after one race.

Also, Bird has a 10-place grid penalty tomorrow for nearly killing a man in the pits.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Second race starting behind the safety car because the grid lights aren't working. :allears:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Green flags are so 20th century. :jerkbag:

e: AHAHAHAHAH ROSENQVIST

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Good job Rosenqvist, that's pretty much what happened the first time I tried a Formula E car in Forza.

edit: The Eurosport commentator is so bad :ughh:

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Dec 3, 2017

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Well it looks like the Renault won't be dominating this year

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Doc Morbid posted:

Good job Rosenqvist, that's pretty much what happened the first time I tried a Formula E car in Forza.

edit: The Eurosport commentator is so bad :ughh:

The Danish Eurosport commentator randomly interjects with “and now I have to provide a summary for the replay”, proceeds to sum up some of what’s going on, and invariably gets distracted. He also missed every single fan boost announcement, except for the one by Abt. I can’t tell if he’s incompetent or overworked.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Lotterer DQ'd first race, binned it on the last corner in the second. Not exactly a great debut.

e:

poty posted:

Well it looks like the Renault won't be dominating this year

can't wait for buemi's temper tantrums

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

NFX posted:

The Danish Eurosport commentator randomly interjects with “and now I have to provide a summary for the replay”, proceeds to sum up some of what’s going on, and invariably gets distracted.
The Finnish one keeps talking about stuff we can clearly see onscreen, and still gets at least half of it wrong.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Apparently Team Audi is under investigation for something.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

gret posted:

Apparently Team Audi is under investigation for something.
Apparently, "the FIA security stickers on the inverters and motors did not correspond with those declared on one of his car's technical passport." As a result, Abt has been disqualified, handing the victory to Rosenqvist.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The security stickers would basically be the things to identify the internals to ensure they haven't been changed from what the team say is in the car if I understand right. So he wasn't running with the motors the team said he had which is either the team being caught cheating or someone hosed up and declared the wrong equipment.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Formula E Season 3: Stick(er) It To The Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Audi are both appealing the decision and also saying it was a gently caress up with the paperwork and they weren't trying to cheat honest.

• Locked thread