Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I played MH Freedom Unite for an unhealthy amount of time, and it burned me out of the franchise haaard. Loved that game a ton, but I bounced off each of the 3DS Monhuns really quickly, because even after all those years I was still sort of sick of it being more or less the same game but repackaged.

World looks like it changed the formula up enough for me to take another plunge. This is gonna be The One to win me back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

mycot posted:

drat, for a second I was actually hoping there was a battletoad cat or something.

They could have put in a robot thing from ReCore or something

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They could have put in a robot thing from ReCore or something

that'd involve anyone at all remembering recore came out

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the most microsoft thing they could have done was made tomb raider the tie-in for xbox (and pc for that matter)

3rd party game that's vaguely similar sort of if you squint hard enough and that people already touted as the xbox's answer to a sony game

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

master chief armor w/skins for great sword, hammer, and one of the bowguns + grunt costume for your cat

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I mean. They've done Mario and Zelda skins. It doesn't have to 'fit'

Although A lot fits very well.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

poptart_fairy posted:

Lot of people on friends list playing Seven Days to Die. Is that any good on the PS4 then?

If it's anything like the pc version, probably not. The devs keep adding mundane poo poo to extend the mid game but a lot of it feels unfun.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
I wish that somebody...ANYBODY...would release a Rival Schools United By Fate Part 2

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I wish that somebody...ANYBODY...would release a Rival Schools United By Fate Part 2

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

C2C - 2.0 posted:

got you, bro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUB9sWmUYnY

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

mycot posted:

drat, for a second I was actually hoping there was a battletoad cat or something.

Battletoads PS4 remaster??

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

fruit on the bottom posted:

Oh god yes. Please yes.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is Skyrim worth playing on PS4 ?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
No.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

So I now have a PS4, (and a switch and 3ds)

And have

Rise of Tomb raider 20th (playing now, and loving it so far)

The last of us remastered

Batman, return to Arkham

The last guardian

Nioh

Horizon zero dawn

And for switch, Star dew Valley, still have some BOTW (I beat it on Wii U rebought it for Switch ) and for Christmas I should be getting Mario Odyssey and Skyrim.

It’s a good time to be a gamer friends :)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

fit em all up in there posted:

Do it in VR :getin:

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Bombadilillo posted:

I mean. They've done Mario and Zelda skins. It doesn't have to 'fit'

Although A lot fits very well.

poo poo, they crossed over with Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah there’s no reason to play it any other way anymore.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bound feels like what people describe when they are being hyperbolic while making fun of indie games. This is ridiculously lame.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I want to play monster hunter world as bloodborne guy

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Monster Hunter World evolving guest costumes to straight up guest characters with Aloy means there's a non-zero percent chance that you could just play as Bloodborne guy at some point. Capcom loves having crossover spots with other games in Monster Hunter these days and since it's not a Nintendo game they probably need to tie up with SOMETHING!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

fit em all up in there posted:

Put a loving helmet on and go hog wild.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Hey guys is now a good time to purchase a new mouse pad :laffo:

NWSNMS

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-NieR-...70AAOSwFqNZShLO

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Dec 3, 2017

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Maaaaaybe mention NWS.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

veni veni veni posted:

Bound feels like what people describe when they are being hyperbolic while making fun of indie games. This is ridiculously lame.

It looks really cool in VR and I like the way your character moves.

However, it is the most bog standard platformer I have recently played.

revolther
May 27, 2008
It's weird I've only just started playing Nier Automata but I really hadn't even thought about the over-sexualized robot lady. But so far she hasn't done anything like Bayonetta overt yet.

The whole thing seems so sterile and abstract artsy japano-sci-fi and the camera work/shooting segments make it even more abstract that it didn't really click "oh that's totally unnecessary", I'm still grappling with the goofy enemy design versus the very serious boss designs and if there's some in game reason or if it's just like, eh beating up placeholder art works. But again, not too far.

How it all works with the shooting system, the aerial attachment, the chips; it's a very cool and ambitious "game systems as user systems" design goal that is kinda mind blowing.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

revolther posted:

It's weird I've only just started playing Nier Automata but I really hadn't even thought about the over-sexualized robot lady. But so far she hasn't done anything like Bayonetta overt yet.

It's probably because youre desensitised to it

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I played Nier demo and didn't think much about it either.

I don't get bothered about sexualized characters or violence often. At this point and with my job is hard to shock me with a videogame. TLoU can get there but not being a dad gives me +1 to resist dad feelings.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Got GT Sport free with my PS4 Pro. Couldn't even FIND the VR option.

Got Dirt Rally in the recent sale. VR is loving amazing. Not since the days of playing network Q rally on a postcard-sized screen size with a fresnel lens in front of me have i had such fun in a cargame.

Doesn't seem to stream that though so no footage whatsoever. Some motion sickness, went away after 5 minutes or so. Did not realise it would give me actual butterflies going over crests.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

iRend posted:

Got GT Sport free with my PS4 Pro. Couldn't even FIND the VR option.

It's under Arcade in the main menu. It...could use some work.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

GT Sport VR mode could be so good, but you don’t get access to all the cars and tracks and you can’t race online in VR

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Guillermus posted:

I played Nier demo and didn't think much about it either.

I don't get bothered about sexualized characters or violence often. At this point and with my job is hard to shock me with a videogame. TLoU can get there but not being a dad gives me +1 to resist dad feelings.

It doesnt have to shock you cuz honestly it doesn't shock me either but that doesn't mean you can't be aware of it as an issue and how problematic it is

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I finished Lost Legacy this morning and I would say it's precisely the right portion of Uncharted to enjoy the great visuals, witty banter and tomb raidin' while not getting too frustrated by 50/50 will-this-kill-me platforming and ho-hum combat. At least the checkpointing is extremely generous. More games should dare to provide 6-8 hours of a solid, focused campaign at a reduced price point. I'd buy stuff like Legacy and Hellblade all the time even without the trophy hunting to create more replay value.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fruit on the bottom posted:

Microsoft owns Rare so this is never going to happen

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Hey guys is now a good time to purchase a new mouse pad :laffo:

NWSNMS

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-NieR-...70AAOSwFqNZShLO

Or if you prefer your gaming merchandise to be more tasteful, try The Official Candle For Skyrim VR.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fridge corn posted:

It's probably because youre desensitised to it

Indeed though it's not the game's fault that some weirdo fucks made doggystyle buttcheek mousepads in its image, since they'll take any opportunity to do so; rather it more accurately reflects the intersection of commodity culture in general with Japan's particular brand of sexual restriction.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

TheDarkFlame posted:

Or if you prefer your gaming merchandise to be more tasteful, try The Official Candle For Skyrim VR.

Lol they made a bloodborne candle too that supposedly smelled like blood.

Edit: now I can't find it but I swear it was a thing.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

GT Sport VR mode could be so good, but you don’t get access to all the cars and tracks and you can’t race online in VR

Sadly, Sony if sticking to their "anything should run on both Pro and original" statement still, at least until mod of their userbase if on Pros, which is unlikely given how cheap the Slim was for Black Friday. The regular PS4 just isn't up to the task of processing all that poo poo at once. I'd bet the Pro could at least do online races with 4 people or maybe more, but because the mode can't be "Pro Only" we'll never get it.

I am in the process of transferring files to my new Pro. After that I'm gonna have to figure out what to do with the extra launch one.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

veni veni veni posted:

It would have been a lot more acceptable if the controls weren't both rear end and half-useless. I think you use the roll twice in the entire game, the first time as part of a tutorial, you have to hold down a trigger for the entire game to move at an acceptable speed, and all of the extra buttons to hit while dancing don't really do anything useful.

There were coin-style pickups that didn't seem to do anything; I suppose those are for the "speedrun" mode that I have zero interest in because the controls suck.

The art style was nice (except in desperate need of a non-terrible model for the MC in the real world parts), but as a game to be interacted with it's really not very good.

The story is probably the single most shopworn theme in indie games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Paracelsus posted:

It would have been a lot more acceptable if the controls weren't both rear end and half-useless. I think you use the roll twice in the entire game, the first time as part of a tutorial, you have to hold down a trigger for the entire game to move at an acceptable speed, and all of the extra buttons to hit while dancing don't really do anything useful.

There were coin-style pickups that didn't seem to do anything; I suppose those are for the "speedrun" mode that I have zero interest in because the controls suck.

The art style was nice (except in desperate need of a non-terrible model for the MC in the real world parts), but as a game to be interacted with it's really not very good.

The story is probably the single most shopworn theme in indie games.

It does feel sometimes like a bad childhood is an important element in indie game dev