Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I got lost there too, basically stay far right and keep going up on paths you see and there's a way that goes to the right and then loops up to the town as long as you're to the right of the stairs. The map is garbage and it's hard to spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So I'm not sure where to go. I just met Zeke and I'm in that area.

I'm at the base of these stupid huge stairs it obviously wants me to go up to but there's no way out of the water and onto the rock and the area is surrounded by level 72 fish and also some giant 37 jerkass. I've swam around the entire area and I got nothing. Help?

Hard to describe, but there’s a little path on the I wanna say left side of the lake way before you get to those giant stairs you can go up to to the sluice, which you have to destroy with Roc and Pyra. There are a ton of lizard men and those horrible spitty scorpions
It’s miserable to get to that area but you’ll get there. Just keep exploring

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Internet Kraken posted:

Which one is that?

She's got a hosed up dog face and dragons growing out of her shoulders.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The maps are so so bad, the worst in any game I've played that has maps

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
i've taken to using my eyes

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Welp, just finished Chapter 3. Time for the real story to begin. :getin:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Calaveron posted:

Hard to describe, but there’s a little path on the I wanna say left side of the lake way before you get to those giant stairs you can go up to to the sluice, which you have to destroy with Roc and Pyra. There are a ton of lizard men and those horrible spitty scorpions
It’s miserable to get to that area but you’ll get there. Just keep exploring
Head for the sidequest icon that's on an island, then go up the way that doesn't lead you backwards and around to the sluice.

(if it wasn't for that merc sidequest existing I would have zero directions to contribute beyond this post)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Do quests expire? I'm in chapter 2 while getting parts for Noppi, and these are like impossible to do with one character.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I am lost in the Old Factory. I just got the key to the hanger division and I'm pursuing Bana and the other guy. Tora has left my party. I've explored this whole factory area twice and I have no idea where I need to use this key, please help me

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Axel Serenity posted:

Welp, just finished Chapter 3. Time for the real story to begin. :getin:

You think that, then you almost immediately get caught up in some Scooby Doo poo poo for a bit.

Ciaphas posted:

Has anyone reached a point yet where they have success with going 'off-spec' for their drivers, like making Rex a tank and Nia an attacker or somehting?

I used Electra (tank) on Rex for a while in Chapter 3 when I had four party members. It works alright for random fights, but it gets dicey in boss (or unique monster) battles. Nia has two attack blades (Dagas and Azami) and that works fine; she'll bounce back and forth between attack and healing as needed, though a spike in burst damage can ruin your day if she's not on healing.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Just finished chapter 5 and I am enjoying this Xeno-Story as usual. Other than the interface problems that I have this game is pretty good.

Also in regards to blades and their owners dying ... I know that one quest was setting up the old guy was gonna bite it and I felt terrible while you hear her hit the floor while cooking his favorite meal... :smith:

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I am lost in the Old Factory. I just got the key to the hanger division and I'm pursuing Bana and the other guy. Tora has left my party. I've explored this whole factory area twice and I have no idea where I need to use this key, please help me

There should be a terminal that you need to activate on the 3rd floor.

edit: Also my timer is broken as poo poo with sleep. I'm at 60 hrs already :smith:

ghostinmyshell fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Dec 4, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tae posted:

Do quests expire? I'm in chapter 2 while getting parts for Noppi, and these are like impossible to do with one character.

Nope or at least not before you get more than one character. You're pretty pushed to follow the main story until chapter 3 at least which is pretty much the first time you get three people in your party + freedom to explore.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So did they really double down on the fetch quests compared to the first game?

Like one of these Chapter 2 sidequests has me grinding treasure spots for Confusion Ivy and I'm just like why. I already had to beat up monsters for this quest, and apparently there's a still a third part beyond this. These first two parts at least just feel like what would be individual quests in the first game, but bunched together.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

Raxivace posted:

So did they really double down on the fetch quests compared to the first game?

Like one of these Chapter 2 sidequests has me grinding treasure spots for Confusion Ivy and I'm just like why. I already had to beat up monsters for this quest, and apparently there's a still a third part beyond this. These first two parts at least just feel like what would be individual quests in the first game, but bunched together.

Yeah it's pretty bad, there are a lot of farm/mine thingy for quest and good luck finding it. All I can recommend that you farm all the time so that if you get at least one you can look at your item menu to figure out where it came from. Unless you want to google it of course.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Ornamented Death posted:

You think that, then you almost immediately get caught up in some Scooby Doo poo poo for a bit.
Oh godddddd that stupid bullshit with the kids and core crystal who the gently caress thought that would be appropriate at that point in time

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The worst in the first village is the fix the crane quest that wants five of something I have to salvage, out of 9 common whatever salvages I got one.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

The worst in the first village is the fix the crane quest that wants five of something I have to salvage, out of 9 common whatever salvages I got one.
Ugh I was thinking of doing that quest too but I guess I'll just pass on it now.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also what are the advantages of buying a market stall because the game didn’t make it super quick or didn’t prevent me from mashing A because get onnnnn with itttttttt

And what the hell is happening any time a character levels up an Idea (Justice, Compassion, Truth, and whatever the fourth one was I forget)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'll beeline through until I get 3 characters, I guess.

Is there any point in actually using the common generic blades, I don't want to waste money on them when my purse is tight right now.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Are monsters at or just below your party supposed to be HP sponges? I'm keeping my core chips up to date as much as possible, and I'm never in any real danger of dying, but it just feels like it takes forever to chew through all the HP on common enemies. I can understand big, tanky monsters like all the random dinosaurs wandering around, having huge amounts of HP, but it seems like loving mosquitoes of the same level have just as much HP and that's just stupid.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Calaveron posted:

Also what are the advantages of buying a market stall because the game didn’t make it super quick or didn’t prevent me from mashing A because get onnnnn with itttttttt

And what the hell is happening any time a character levels up an Idea (Justice, Compassion, Truth, and whatever the fourth one was I forget)
You get cheaper prices at that stall (who cares) and the deeds give abilities - the three deeds I have are Auto-Pickup Radius Up (from that quest), +10% Gold Dropped (Fishy Fishy right outside the Inn in Argentum), and +5% Run Speed (Knick-Knack in Fonsa Myma). Haven't found any other deeds you can get right away (e: as in without grinding Development Level) but those three were totally worth it because gently caress your poo poo that's literally everything I want, more money and go faster.

The Idea is the same stat that Boosters boost when you bond with a Core Crystal and it has something to do with how likely you are to get a Blade of the associated elements from the Crystal.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I'm in the cleansing spring room in chapter 3 right after the Merc village. There's an island here with two chests on it, but no apparent way to get on it. Any ideas?

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Saxophone posted:

I'm in the cleansing spring room in chapter 3 right after the Merc village. There's an island here with two chests on it, but no apparent way to get on it. Any ideas?

I've run into similar situations in several areas. I'm assuming deed or something will eventually let you jump longer/higher so you can reach that stuff.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I really like Nia with the tank katana but it feels like i really need her to be healing to survive any on-level fights

Is there any way to make Tora the healer? I did set Poppi to heals but it doesn't seem to do much if anything

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Okay, I'm about to puke what seems like a bunch of word nonsense so hopefully someone can help here.

What does a character's thought cloud do? It appears that a thought cloud virtue gets boosted every time a bonded blade unlocks an affinity node containing an idea. But then there's no evidence that the idea was attached to the node because it disappears when it's activated?

Then when I try to bond new blades with a core I get a 'select a booster' screen which allows me to add one to five boosters for any one of the four ideas and when you select one it looks like different rings of elemental power appear and get sucked into the core? Does that increase the number of affinity nodes, or just the number of ideas, or does it alter the core in some other way?

What the hell is going on?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Tiger! Tiger! loving sucks. What am I missing that makes it suck less? Or is it just trash and I should sideline Tora as soon as I get a real fourth who can tank.

e: those Boosters are the same as the ideas, each is associated with two elements (thus the rings when you use)... and the best we guess is that it increases the odds of getting a blade of one of those elements :shobon:

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Any advice for the the torna boys after meeting the man from the play house

Also thanks for the 3 deed advice.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Got my 3rd Blade slot open, and starting to feel a little overwhelmed now. Hopefully I'll just ease my way into it just fighting everything in my path. Other than that, I love the game so far. Actually, items and hp pots that fall off cliffs or into water sucks.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Tiger! Tiger! loving sucks. What am I missing that makes it suck less? Or is it just trash and I should sideline Tora as soon as I get a real fourth who can tank.

e: those Boosters are the same as the ideas, each is associated with two elements (thus the rings when you use)... and the best we guess is that it increases the odds of getting a blade of one of those elements :shobon:

Just put a podcast on and play it to grind out ether crystals because Tora is a fantastic tank and hearing YOU FIGHT POPPI NOW all the time is hilarious

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

numerrik posted:

Any advice for the the torna boys after meeting the man from the play house

Also thanks for the 3 deed advice.

AUX Cores are pretty helpful. Seriously make stuff like Humanoid Hunter or that core that lets you do more damage in daylight or in nighttime and fight them in those hours. Experiment a little
Also you don’t have to kill them, you only need to get one to half health before an unending cavalcade of cutscenes starts

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles
I'm about 3 hours in and I had to cave and get the Japanese voice pack. I never really thought I was picky but it seems like the English voice acting is just way off.

The voices are mostly okay but it seems like almost any shouting isn't timed right to the animations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

How far into the game do I need to get before I can have a third party member who can bind Blades? Just started ch4 and now sure whether to save or who to spend crystals on.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So does Mórag join your party?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I've just been using crystals as they come up in a vain attempt at getting KOS-MOS. I figure people are likely overstating how rare overdrives will be come down the end-game stretch (I already have two just from salvaging for cores and whatnot). Of course, I also have terrible luck so I may need more cores. I've given Nia like five and two were rares, so, welp. Rex only has Electra so far and I've spent like 30 on him.

That said, Tiny Thor is pretty good in a pinch. Tora has gone down a few times I kept getting mobs chained on me, so Electra was nice to have until I could get him back up.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ciaphas posted:

How far into the game do I need to get before I can have a third party member who can bind Blades? Just started ch4 and now sure whether to save or who to spend crystals on.

Chapter 5.

Deffo save some because your last party members only come with 1 and that really doesn't cut it by the time they join.

Like I stockpiled 33 commons and 3 rares and still only got 1 rare blade out of it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Chaosfirev posted:

I'm about 3 hours in and I had to cave and get the Japanese voice pack. I never really thought I was picky but it seems like the English voice acting is just way off.

The voices are mostly okay but it seems like almost any shouting isn't timed right to the animations.

They didn't seem to put any effort to making this dub work. The lip syncing doesn't match the models at all which creates really bad disconnect. The voice actors themselves could be fine but it sounds like they went with the first take for basically everything. Some lines are fine while others are total flops. Also the fact that they seem to have recorded only two lines for every character in battle is really lazy and annoying when they repeat those lines every two seconds.

THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME?
DON'T FORGET ME
THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME?
DON'T FORGET ME
THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME?
DON'T FORGET ME

:shepicide:

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Saxophone posted:

You’ll get a quest to get up there later and you’ll be able to get to it via jumping off the end of a water slide after a boss fight.

As far as I’ve seen everything is accessible without any long jump ability or anything so far, not counting the stuff where you can perform actions with Blade skills.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The japanese dub isn't synced with the lip flaps either. I think monolith cut corners to make the deadline by not doing a second runthrough of the dialogue.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Tae posted:

The japanese dub isn't synced with the lip flaps either. I think monolith cut corners to make the deadline by not doing a second runthrough of the dialogue.

Well that's just silly. Did the other Xenoblades have this problem? I don't remember it being an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Internet Kraken posted:

They didn't seem to put any effort to making this dub work. The lip syncing doesn't match the models at all which creates really bad disconnect. The voice actors themselves could be fine but it sounds like they went with the first take for basically everything. Some lines are fine while others are total flops. Also the fact that they seem to have recorded only two lines for every character in battle is really lazy and annoying when they repeat those lines every two seconds.

THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME?
DON'T FORGET ME
THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME?
DON'T FORGET ME
THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME?
DON'T FORGET ME

:shepicide:

Think you can take MEEEE?!