Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Haifisch posted:

This is also behind the grocery shrink ray(:rip: Consumerist). As long as people are paying roughly the same price for a thing, most don't seem to notice or care if the quanitity of the thing has gone down.

Just think of the horrors of what would happen if they actually raised prices, there might actually be political pressure to raise wages :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
Shut up and eat your glands.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Neon Noodle posted:

Shut up and eat your glands Amazon Essentials Meat ProductTM.

FTFY

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Krispy Wafer posted:

Duke's mayonnaise proudly tells you it's still 32 ounces.

Mayo's nice and all and I do buy Duke's, but I'm trying to not imagine the person for whom a few ounces of oil and eggs is a deal killer.

Too late:

Although she's a Hellmann's girl so hypothesis is wrong.

Is that a CTA bus or do all buses just look the same everywhere?

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I only stopped eating there when I started finding nasty meat in my food. Stuff with veins or weird glands.

I did a similar thing as Randaconda and one of my favorite places to go was a chinese buffet that eventually had allegations of serving dog/cat meat.

If I ever ate you, Mr. Kitty, I'm very sorry. I didn't know.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Krispy Wafer posted:

Duke's mayonnaise proudly tells you it's still 32 ounces.

Mayo's nice and all and I do buy Duke's, but I'm trying to not imagine the person for whom a few ounces of oil and eggs is a deal killer.

Too late:

Although she's a Hellmann's girl so hypothesis is wrong.

I once saw a woman drinking coffee cream at a Walmart, she was everything you're imagining right now.

It's hard to have faith in humanity.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Professor Shark posted:

I once saw a woman drinking coffee cream at a Walmart, she was everything you're imagining right now.

Jim Gaffigan has a bit where he saw a guy in Kmart drinking KFC gravy

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Professor Shark posted:

I worked with a Polish 2nd engineer that used to drink coffee cream. I wonder if he's still alive?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Do people from other countries drink higher fat % milk than 2%?

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

AvesPKS posted:

People don't want to admit to themselves how much prices have risen over that timeframe. Correspondingly, places compromise on quality instead of raising prices. At a place like 5 Guys, prices have risen drastically because quality has stayed the same. At a place like McDonald's, the Fish Filet has gotten ever so slightly smaller to accommodate the relative lack of price increase.

5 Guys have been shrinking their burgers for a while now...AND raising prices.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Professor Shark posted:

Do people from other countries drink higher fat % milk than 2%?

Yeah, homo in Canada is 3.5% and is commonly consumed.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

Wow, mods.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Subjunctive posted:

I might be wrong, but I think professor might be in Canada.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

SpannerX posted:

I might be wrong, but I think professor might be in Canada.

Oh!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah, I'm a Canadian. 3.5% is the red one, I've always wondered what it was for. I assumed it was baking or something :shrug:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I just drink whipping cream from a flask I keep on my side at all times.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Could you maybe think of a reason why an online retailer might need a lot of extra staff working in their warehouses this time of year?

In past years, there was a single email and text sent out about hiring. This year, it's been every single week. So either they severely need a lot more people or something is off in their hiring practice.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah, I'm a Canadian. 3.5% is the red one, I've always wondered what it was for. I assumed it was baking or something :shrug:

Coffee is what I use it for. I don't drink it straight, that would be too rich.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus - My parents used to take me & my brothers to Madison Sq Garden to sit this through this stupidity till we put our foot down. Yeah, that's what I want to do sit in a huge open building, in the dark with the smell of elephant poo poo, tiger piss mixed with the obnoxious scent of overcooked thousands of pounds of popcorn broiling together in the summer in NYC.

I give no fucks about PETA related concerns. All circus & their loser cavalcade of brightly colored diabetic weirdos, leather-mongoloids & junkie midgets were never, ever cool.

The only time anybody paid attention to any circus is when some high-flying euro-trash Wallenda got impaled after missing his mark from the stupid cannonball trick. gently caress the circus forever cuz it's a wrap.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus - My parents used to take me & my brothers to Madison Sq Garden to sit this through this stupidity till we put our foot down. Yeah, that's what I want to do sit in a huge open building, in the dark with the smell of elephant poo poo, tiger piss mixed with the obnoxious scent of overcooked thousands of pounds of popcorn broiling together in the summer in NYC.

I give no fucks about PETA related concerns. All circus & their loser cavalcade of brightly colored diabetic weirdos, leather-mongoloids & junkie midgets were never, ever cool.

The only time anybody paid attention to any circus is when some high-flying euro-trash Wallenda got impaled after missing his mark from the stupid cannonball trick. gently caress the circus forever cuz it's a wrap.

counterpoint: http://www.universoulcircus.com/ourshow

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
God drat, I don't think the circus is going to recover from the savage truths being laid down ITT.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That place is full of clowns.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

anonumos posted:

5 Guys have been shrinking their burgers for a while now...AND raising prices.

Perhaps. But the quality hasn't fallen as well as portions. Or something.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
5 guys is way overpriced for the quality. Whataburger is better and half the price.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

blugu64 posted:

5 guys is way overpriced for the quality. Whataburger is better and half the price.

Speaking of places going down the drain, I've heard that whataburger isn't doing too well. A shame because it was one of the few things I liked about visiting Texas.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

I didn't think it was possible to be an edgelord about the circus, of all things.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I may have mentioned it in this thread before but I'm pretty sure those shady Chinese places are money laundering fronts. There was a buffet near where I work that never had anyone eating in the dining room. I only ever saw one extremely young Asian girl working the counter no matter what time I went in. They had two of those long steam buffet things but only one was ever had food in it and it was only 10 different dishes, tops. I only went there for lunch cause the teriyaki chicken sticks and general tsos was top notch. Take out was by the pound so it was cheap as hell too.

That place was open for years and I think I may have been the only customer. I only stopped eating there when I started finding nasty meat in my food. Stuff with veins or weird glands. They eventually closed and there's a Fuddruckers in that spot now.

I strongly suspect this one non buffet chinese place is a front like that. I've never, EVER seen a dine-in customer, nor have I ever seen anyone working the front of the restaurant that was over 12 years old. But drat, they have the best tasting Chinese food in the county, so I keep going to them. They creep me out, but they're worth it.

Regarding buffet customers, ever been to a Mongolian BBQ? It looks kinda like a buffet, only all the ingredients are raw, and there's a station for sauces and spices. You get a bowl, fill it up how you want (they usually offer recipe suggestions as well) and then take it to this big stove area where a bunch of guys with big spatulas cook for you and try to be entertaining, cooking your homemade stir fry and putting it on a plate for you. It's pretty classic for first timers to overfill their plates, but one time last summer I was at one where I saw a woman literally put heaping piles of each ingredient in her bowl. By the time she got to the seasonings, she had to use her bare hand to hold it steady, as it was like, filled to 300% capacity.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Ones I've been to charge you extra if you overfill the bowl.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Mustached Demon posted:

Ones I've been to charge you extra if you overfill the bowl.

or by the pound at least

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

blugu64 posted:

Not as overpriced as Shake Shack. I wonder if they are due for a contraction as they seem to be expanding rapidly.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Gengis Grill doesn't care how much you fill it as long as it's on the bowl. I remember my location said that they had one guy from a car wash get a bowl big enough to share for him and a few coworker every Friday for lunch.

Sadly they shut that location down in the middle of the day one day. A customer of mine was an assistant manager there. Said he went to deliver a catering order and when he got back he was locked out and out of a job. :( I think there's only one location left in my state now.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Wanted to edit a post but accidentally quoted it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

AvesPKS posted:

Not as overpriced as Shake Shack. I wonder if they are due for a contraction as they seem to be expanding rapidly.
Shake Shack is actually good though

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

blugu64 posted:

In and Out forever. Gotta eat the fries fast though else you end up feeling like Mrs. John Lithgow.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Detective No. 27 posted:

I hate that they call them "apps." It's 2017, apps is already the dumbed down name for applications. You can't make it one for appetizers too. :argh:

Same but for when sandwiches are called "handhelds" on menus.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Shake Shack > Five Guys > Burgerville > Whataburger >> In-n-Out

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

Five guys is absolutely better than in-n-out, but its not like I wouldn't eat both. Come on now

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Maybe I got a bad one, but the only two times I've been to In-n-Out the food was borderline inedible. I shouldn't have to know some cool-kids secret handshake bullshit to get my fries cooked all the way or the burger to contain flavor.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

Gengis Grill doesn't care how much you fill it as long as it's on the bowl. I remember my location said that they had one guy from a car wash get a bowl big enough to share for him and a few coworker every Friday for lunch.

Sadly they shut that location down in the middle of the day one day. A customer of mine was an assistant manager there. Said he went to deliver a catering order and when he got back he was locked out and out of a job. :( I think there's only one location left in my state now.

Genghis Grill is good when you know what you are doing with the sauce and spice combination. I'm still fairly new to the place, so I'm still experimenting with the right bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

The area I live is pretty boring when it comes to burger joints. The only place we have that has been mentioned on this thread, that I know of, is Five Guys, and that place is overrated, IMO.