Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Skippy McPants posted:

Panel three is breaking the rules; a bad loss.

There is no good loss you fool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/SamNeukirch/status/937027347055808513

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

The General posted:

My only issue is why isn't the gravy on top of the cheese? And why so little gravy?

You don't use kraft singles for poutine you philistine.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Only the midwest considers Kraft singles to be cheese.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

VanSandman posted:

Only the midwest considers Kraft singles to be cheese.

In Australia they call it "plastic cheese", which is pretty on point.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Maybe you don't.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Trig Discipline posted:

In Australia they call it "plastic cheese", which is pretty on point.

When Kraft introduced processed cheese in the '50s, traditional cheese manufacturers lobbied to have it labeled as "embalmed cheese" :gibs:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

That wouldn’t be called poutine anywhere in New Jersey, them’s disco fries.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Kraft is really good on microwaved hot dogs with a little sweet baby rays and eat it in the movies.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

Snowy posted:

That wouldn’t be called poutine anywhere in New Jersey, them’s disco fries.

Yeah that (often delicious) slop has been , although I could see them getting labeled as poutine by some misguided place trying to be trendy. There seems to be a large number of places "discovering" poutine down this way and trying their hand at it. Poorly most of the time.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Blendy posted:

Let me tell you about "Irish nachos"

Irish Nachos?

Is that the one where you go down on a chick with her period and you come up with a little red leprechaun beard?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Irish Nachos?

Is that the one where you go down on a chick with her period and you come up with a little red leprechaun beard?

That's lick of the irish

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

Rolo posted:

Kraft is really good on microwaved hot dogs with a little sweet baby rays and eat it in the movies.

With your baked beans?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Raisin box ain't wrong :shrug:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I do agree, but if all you have at home is singles and a packet of brown gravy, I could see it happening. Like I edited though, it has no place in a restaurant.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

LogisticEarth posted:

Yeah that (often delicious) slop has been , although I could see them getting labeled as poutine by some misguided place trying to be trendy. There seems to be a large number of places "discovering" poutine down this way and trying their hand at it. Poorly most of the time.

I don’t understand why the US has such a problem figuring out poutine. Like it’s literally the simplest loving thing to make and not gently caress up, but here it’s always either a Kraft singles abomination like that picture or some froo-froo version with the wrong cheese and weird herbs on top.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Super Grocery Kart posted:

I don’t understand why the US has such a problem figuring out poutine. Like it’s literally the simplest loving thing to make and not gently caress up, but here it’s always either a Kraft singles abomination like that picture or some froo-froo version with the wrong cheese and weird herbs on top.

It's just not known in most of the US. Gravy has infinite variations and cheese curds are a total mystery most places.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I had "poutine_ with Colby jack cheese and bacon gravy and it was delicious.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
First time I went to Montreal I had a poutine with some sort of fancy-rear end cheese and truffles and stuff on it and it was amazing but I felt like it was also sorta missing the point of poutine.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Like halfway through my meal I wanted a plate of regular poutine to climb onto my table and beat my poutine's rear end for gentrifying.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

Super Grocery Kart posted:

https://www.privateselection.com/artisan-products/frozen-foods/frozen-appetizers/poutine-poppers/
These are kinda ok. Need a Canada goon to tell me why I'm wrong.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Poutine themed tater tots? Sure

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

I can't fault you for enjoying them, but they are to poutine what these things are to pizza:

i.e. not poutine

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
My God...

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Will it burn my mouth?

It'll DESTROY your mouth.

-This has been your Jim Gaffigan quote of the page

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

RCarr posted:

Will it burn my mouth?

It'll DESTROY your mouth.

-This has been your Jim Gaffigan quote of the page

I don't know that I've ever felt worse for a standup comedian than for Jim Gaffigan when, in his 4th standup album, the biggest cheer and laugh he got was for simply saying the phrase Hot Pockets in a sing-songy voice, because it was his most popular bit from his previous album.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

dumb. posted:

I can't fault you for enjoying them, but they are to poutine what these things are to pizza:

i.e. not poutine

"And your crust, sir? How would you like it?"

"Hm, make it garlic... aw, hell, make it garlic buttery!"

"Sir, have you suffered a stroke?"

"...I have, yes."

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Thank goodness they used the reduced fat mozzarella

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
uhm a butter glazed with garlic crust is pretty dope yo.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

dumb. posted:

i.e. not poutine

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

SpacePig posted:

I don't know that I've ever felt worse for a standup comedian than for Jim Gaffigan when, in his 4th standup album, the biggest cheer and laugh he got was for simply saying the phrase Hot Pockets in a sing-songy voice, because it was his most popular bit from his previous album.

Jim Gaffigan is terribly unfunny. He just tries way too hard. Andy Dick is the same way. They both just try too hard to be funny, and they're just not.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yeah he's not that great. the only standup that still makes me laugh is Chappelle

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zipperelli. posted:

Jim Gaffigan is terribly unfunny. He just tries way too hard. Andy Dick is the same way. They both just try too hard to be funny, and they're just not.

I think Jim is funny :ohdearsass:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

saw this a few days ago and it's still making me chuckle sensibly.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

Yeah he's not that great. the only standup that still makes me laugh is Chappelle

"It only takes 80 hours to become a pilot."

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

We were so in phase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zipperelli. posted:

Jim Gaffigan has a weirdly-shaped head so he's got that going for him tho.

e: Also "Jim Gaffigan" can be sung to the tune of "Nils Holgerson" and "Andy Dick" can't.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 01:15 on Dec 5, 2017