Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

the iPhone X doesn’t really feel like a thousand dollar phone ☎️

just lying on a table it’s a featureless slab honestly indistinguishable from any other android phone from last year

thinking about going back to the 8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

a featureless slab honestly indistinguishable from any other
dsyp!

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
Ocean State Job Lot mystically supported Apple Pay but not EMV the last time I went

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
i love my iphone x

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
apple pay got 100x better after chip+signature became ubiquitous in the us. let me stand here for 30 seconds with my card in the terminal waiting for it to make an error sound indicating the transaction was approved. or wave my phone for 2 seconds and walk away while the people in line behind me stand up and clap

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

creationist believer posted:

or wave my phone for 2 seconds and walk away while the people in line behind me stand up and clap

they are clapping because they think u have a brain disease and making a purchase is a big accomplishment for you

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

the iPhone X doesnt really feel like a thousand dollar phone ☎️

it's full of gimmicks that make it even less useful than the 8.

lol that u bought one

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
apple pay works fine at the national grocery chains like amazon food hole and traitor joes. the weird regional grocery chains don't really count.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
i got an iphone x and the main thing i actually want back in it is a headphone jack.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

C.H.O.M.E posted:

apple pay works fine at the national grocery chains like amazon food hole and traitor joes. the weird regional grocery chains don't really count.

trader joes is the poorest excuse for a grocery store.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

akadajet posted:

trader joes is the poorest excuse for a grocery store.

yes it is all frozen and prepared food and plastic wrapped salad greens and plastic wrapped produce

that's why you go to the amazon food hole for all the fresh stuff. trader joes is good if you want a couple cheap dips for a party

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

akadajet posted:

it's full of gimmicks that make it even less useful than the 8.

lol that u bought one

Honestly ? Yeah

Face ID might be really cool in like 3 versions but rn now it loving sucks compared to Touch ID

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

C.H.O.M.E posted:

HEB is the best drat grocery store goddamnit

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

C.H.O.M.E posted:

"ugh i hate saving money" - forums poster chome

I'd think supporting the best grocery chains would be a valid use case

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

infernal machines posted:

:ironicat:

how do you not get this?

????

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

how do you not get this?

they only just got ST:TNG in latvia. he must not've gotten to that episode yet.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

blugu64 posted:

HEB is the best drat grocery store goddamnit

HEB is good but i am not going to expect a regional privately held grocery chain that targets mostly toward low income areas to be super up to date with technology.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Doc Block posted:

they only just got ST:TNG in latvia. he must not've gotten to that episode yet.

i have not seen other star trek than the modern movies

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

cinci zoo sniper posted:

you're missing out bro, get some banana peanut ham curry pizza and binge tng, it is worth it

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

it means you're not a huge dork, don't sweat it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

the person in the emoticon you posted is literally the person Dixie Cretin Seaman's joke was referencing

i was just amazed that you didn't get the reference, but somehow managed to use a picture of riker to respond anyway

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

it means you're not a huge dork, don't sweat it

trust me, it's for the best

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

apple pay works fine and has almost universal adoption. why would they give up on the most successful phone payment system outside of africa/scandinavia?
iOS has over 50% market share in Sweden.

Apple pay now works with Nordea, one of the big banks in Sweden. It also works with MasterCards offered by ST1, a gas station chain. Anyone can get a ST1 MasterCard that has apple pay support now. Works at all stores with contactless payment support which is most stores.

What verb did the banks in Sweden decide to use for paying with a contactless card?

Blip or "blippa"
verb
6. give (someone) money using wireless technology.

Blip bloop bloop blip.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

the person in the emoticon you posted is literally the person Dixie Cretin Seaman's joke was referencing

i was just amazed that you didn't get the reference, but somehow managed to use a picture of riker to respond anyway
i'm not sure if we have other emotes that convey the same meaning

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ted hitler posted:

Blip bloop bloop blip.
your kwinkles impersonation could use some work

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

how do you not get this?

pretend I know nothing and am an idiot (unlike reality) and explina it.. for the lurkers?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

echinopsis posted:

pretend I know nothing and am an idiot (unlike reality) and explina it.. for the lurkers?

it's a new star trek tv show reference of some kind

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

echinopsis posted:

riker, the face of the :wtc: smiley, is a character in a television show called star trek: the next generation. in an episode of that tv show, the character riker does the things dixie cretin seamen referenced in his post, except the place is called risa, rather than riga.

the humour being that cinci didn't get the reference, but still managed to respond using the appropriate image

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

what am i looking at?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
the pause button is painfully off centre like some android garbage

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

the pause button is painfully off centre like some android garbage

is my phone one of those autism tests now

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

this is good, and means you probably aren't a pedophile. youre on my team

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Dislike button posted:

this is good, and means you probably aren't a pedophile. youre on my team

pedophilia is only a team sport in alabama

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
if you didn't watch Star trek as a kid do not try watching as an adult. it's really awful.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

riker, the face of the :wtc: smiley, is a character in a television show called star trek: the next generation. in an episode of that tv show, the character riker does the things dixie cretin seamen referenced in his post, except the place is called risa, rather than riga.

the humour being that cinci didn't get the reference, but still managed to respond using the appropriate image

i never knew that smiley was riker

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

creationist believer posted:

chip+signature became ubiquitous in the us.

lol forever at chip & sig

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Chris Knight posted:

lol forever at chip & sig

it is the dumbest thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

exploded mummy posted: