Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

matt breaking character and saying there was some reason for hope made me triple take

it's really, REALLY, loving important to hold on to the hope for this poo poo and I'm glad between very justified screaming sessions guys like Matt do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

At first, I thought he meant James Hodgkinson. The only thing James Hodgkinson did wrong was not do excessive target practice and down a dozen pentazemin before he started.

the "joke" is that paddock would have been more effective in hodgkinson's position...

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Screaming rage filled Felix is the best chapo.

Great episode

Malaria fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Dec 5, 2017

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can you make recommendations of funny leftist poo poo like this?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Breadallelogram posted:

the "joke" is that paddock would have been more effective in hodgkinson's position...

Why must it be only one of the two? Give me 5 good Paddocks where and when and with the ideology of any amount of Hodgkinsons.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Turtlicious posted:

cum town

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Apoplexy posted:

THAT'S A METAL GEAR SOLID REFERENCE. IT'S THE DRUG YOU TAKE WHEN SNIPING TO STEADY YOUR AIM

It was diazepam in the first MGS and then they changed it to pentazamin in the games after

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
One of my meds is Pro-Lorazepam.

I thought it was in one of the MGS games.

Unbootable
Jul 3, 2003

Turtlicious posted:

Street Fight Radio

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Unbootable posted:

Street Fight Radio

brett and bryan will never be problema-

*bryan goes on a tirade about how drunk driving should be legal and the post office should shave your head*

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Dr.Radical posted:

It was diazepam in the first MGS and then they changed it to pentazamin in the games after

I thought that was the drug you had to take when Snake got a cold, which would give away your location.

padijun posted:

*bryan goes on a tirade about how drunk driving should be legal and the post office should shave your head*

Isn't Bryan a flat earth guy?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Forceholy posted:

in terms of kayfabe thats starts off funny, gets annoying, then loops back to being funny? yes

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Forceholy posted:

Ironically

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Nothing ironic about owning ball earthers. Suck it losers.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Lol if you haven't seen the great ice wall

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The earth is actually a Stage where all of history is just a play being performed for Hastur in Dread Carcosa.

When the Curtain Calls, we'll remember who we really were, or turn out to have simply been props.

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.
Street Fight Radio praxis is true leftist praxis

the black friday/stealing from your boss saga of 2016 is better than anything Chapo has done.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Apoplexy posted:

Surely enough, hours after they released that podcast, the tax bill turns out to be so flawed that it accidentally hosed up the one thing it was trying to do: Corporate tax breaks. Whoops! Now they have to re-vote on it and might not get it through because Republicans are loving morons.

They always had to revote on it. It passed the House, a different version passed the Senate. The chambers go to conference and hash out a bill that's identical and then both chambers vote on it again before it's sent for signing.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Your Kickstarter Sucks is really good but they don't talk explicitly about politics as much because Jesse is actually committed to Matt's bit and has zero hope whatsoever. they are also untouched by scandal except for the time they made fun of an app that reminds you to wipe your rear end.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Forceholy posted:

I thought that was the drug you had to take when Snake got a cold, which would give away your location.

The cold medicine is just called cold medicine

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

padijun posted:

Yeah Bryan rules

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

padijun posted:

yea don't know why you stopped yourself Bryan is a cool guy

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I hear Citizen Radio is pretty good.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I don't know any political podcast that's as consistently funny as chapo. Street fight is ok but boring at times. Cum town is way less political but has a similar style of humor with the "problematic" elements cranked way up.
Delete your account and discourse collective are mostly serious. I'd say the show that's most similar to chapo in tone and subject matter is struggle session, which is specifically about the intersection of pop culture and politics. I forget what episode it was but they had a really good bit where a guest did a Hotep Obama impression.

Also my favorite serious left podcast lately has been citations needed.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Pomplamoose posted:

I don't know any political podcast that's as consistently funny as chapo. Street fight is ok but boring at times. Cum town is way less political but has a similar style of humor with the "problematic" elements cranked way up.
Delete your account and discourse collective are mostly serious. I'd say the show that's most similar to chapo in tone and subject matter is struggle session, which is specifically about the intersection of pop culture and politics. I forget what episode it was but they had a really good bit where a guest did a Hotep Obama impression.

Also my favorite serious left podcast lately has been citations needed.

Struggle Session sounds cool, I'll give it a listen. It's hard for me to listen to serious podcasts because I exclusively listen while I'm doing something else, so it needs to have a flow where I can kinda pop in and out. I'm making an exception for the Revolutions podcast because it's really good and worth giving my whole attention to.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Megan McGriddle’s hits keep coming
https://twitter.com/asymmetricinfo/status/938082293175988224

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Yeah, better call in backup to defend against the 10 comments and 7 favorites your tweet received.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

The_Rob posted:

ball earthers
I hadn't heard this before, I'm going to start using it

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
loving destroyed

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
McArdle is the worst writer in the history of English language. Comparing her to William McGonagall or Amanda Ros would be an insult to them, since they weren't morally bankrupt and actively malevolent.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Gozinbulx posted:

Holy poo poo I grew up live 5 minutes from there and had never heard of this shootout thing.

For the same reason that the news never allows you to see all the chases cops lose.

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

padijun posted:

drunk driving should stay illlegal but the limit should be raised to .12

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
drunk driving should remain a crime but if you can out race the cops you get a pardon.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

yoober posted:

drunk driving should stay illlegal but the limit should be raised to .12

How drunk is that?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Joementum posted:

loving destroyed

Unironically agree with the quoted McArdle tweet.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

prefect posted:

Unironically agree with the quoted McArdle tweet.

McGriddle does not though.

https://twitter.com/asymmetricinfo/status/938082293175988224

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

sexpig by night posted:

drunk driving should remain a crime but if you can out race the cops you get a pardon.

drunk driving should stay illegal but if you get caught you get busted down to a less-harmful car, like a golf cart or some poo poo

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Antares posted:

Your Kickstarter Sucks is really good but they don't talk explicitly about politics as much because Jesse is actually committed to Matt's bit and has zero hope whatsoever. they are also untouched by scandal except for the time they made fun of an app that reminds you to wipe your rear end.

Which YKS episode is this? I remember the tweet that mocked the self-care app, but didn’t look into it until now.

Skyscraper posted:

drunk driving should stay illegal but if you get caught you get busted down to a less-harmful car, like a golf cart or some poo poo

aka the “George Jones Law”

quote:

Once, when I had been drunk for several days, Shirley decided she would make it physically impossible for me to buy liquor. I lived about eight miles from Beaumont and the nearest liquor store. She knew I wouldn't walk that far to get booze, so she hid the keys to every car we owned and left.

But she forgot about the lawn mower. I can vaguely remember my anger at not being able to find keys to anything that moved and looking longingly out a window at a light that shone over our property. There, gleaming in the glow, was that ten-horsepower rotary engine under a seat; a key glistening in the ignition.

I imagine the top speed for that old mower was five miles per hour. It might have taken an hour and a half or more for me to get to the liquor store, but get there I did.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Godzilla07 posted:

Which YKS episode is this? I remember the tweet that mocked the self-care app, but didn’t look into it until now.

i think it's free ep 26, "please remember to breathe"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

what a mad man

https://twitter.com/JeffFlake/status/938160754490052609