Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Beet Wagon posted:

Friend, poster, Citizen, lend me your.... Eyes I guess.

Anyway, shut up. At this point both AP and Derek have moved on from this idiot smoothbrained slapfight. Please consider also moving on.

Beet is being super-nice.
Nice as in "anvil hidden inside boxing glove".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

boviscopophobic posted:

I always thought the Aurora looked like some kind of ugly insect, and the way it waggles its rear end as it sinks into the asteroid looks like burrowing behavior. :barf:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

I don't understand why he bothers, it's crap he even thinks it's crap. Why force yourself through this, streaming anything else would have to be better.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

AP posted:

I don't understand why he bothers, it's crap he even thinks it's crap. Why force yourself through this, streaming anything else would have to be better.

An interesting question. Almost as though there was an obligation.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

AP posted:

It's almost as if Star Citizen streamers have some other incentive to stream the game besides their own wishes

e: f;b

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

big nipples big life posted:

just put it in a big ol bucket and dunk the well done steak into it.

Yummy!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ENe7B6WDA

That intel hard-drive spaceship looks super cheap. Seriously it looks like an asset from a completely different game.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

As a Star Citizen streamer he's a somebody I guess

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Hav posted:

By every measurable metric, a raging success, though.

Goddamned haters.

Freaking doors man. Hardest thing in game design.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
So they went from selling in game ships to selling in game moons?

The twitch streams are all low fps crapfests. What is going on?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dude looks like Gay Cowboy Hitler

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

Right up until the controlled detonation of the suspect package.

Serioustalk, looks like heat death for any processor.

Are you saying a computer needs airflow? But can't you see that this chassis is doing something no one has ever done before?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sickening posted:

Star Citizen is finally good

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Sickening posted:

dreams

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

Friend, poster, Citizen, lend me your.... Eyes I guess.

Anyway, shut up. At this point both AP and Derek have moved on from this idiot smoothbrained slapfight. Please consider also moving on.

Apply that logic universally and I have no problem with it.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

An interesting question. Almost as though there was an obligation.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/206947640?t=02h56m55s

:gary: at his face just after he exits the door.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

AP posted:

Maybe once you've streamed Star Citizen nothing else will do. You know, like hunting man.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sarsapariller posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ENe7B6WDA

That intel hard-drive spaceship looks super cheap. Seriously it looks like an asset from a completely different game.

Looks like one ship has landed on top of another, thus giving us CIG's trademark "gently caress knows which end is the front" look.

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

Maybe once you've streamed Star Citizen nothing else will do. You know, like hunting man.

Star Citizen is the deadliest game. To your CPU.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

AP posted:

:gary: at his face just after he exits the door.

'I must shout gently caress but I have to stream'.

I've made the same face around two hours into a meeting when someone asks if really obvious thing that we started the meeting with had been done.

Then I go play race the sun for fifteen minutes.

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

The most dangerous prey.

hot balls man no homo posted:

Ah yes, the "make him first" manouvre. I would have gone with the "he started it" gambit but still a clever play.

Have we exhausted the 'mom, tell him' and 'quit taking all the room' plays?

Hav fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 5, 2017

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Apply that logic universally and I have no problem with it.

Ah yes, the "make him first" manouvre. I would have gone with the "he started it" gambit but still a clever play.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

PederP posted:

In my son's social sciences class they got asked to give examples of out-of-the-ordinary internet communities for study (and the teacher asked them to please not pick 4chan). As the good boy he is, he mentions "the fans of that scam game, Star Citizen", which was immediately met by "that's not a scam! what proof do you have?" from someone in his class. Turns out he's got a cultist in his high school class. I'm prepping him to mention Derek Smart in any remotely relevant context. This could be good.

:getin:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Sickening posted:

CIG is doing something that nobody has ever even attempted before. So what you’re seeing is them failing spectacularly in real-time, and learning the hard way why nobody tries to make a universe replacement sim.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Toops posted:

CIG is doing something that nobody has ever even attempted before. So what you’re seeing is them failing spectacularly in real-time, and learning the hard way why nobody tries to make a universe replacement sim.

They said it couldn't done. Well, here we are, proving them right.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

its still amazing to me how they're allocating the limited system resources they have to make this huge scope game

any large scale game fakes absolutely as much as it can in the back end to make savings. but star citizen is marrying fakery on the stuff people actually want to be real (like the guns) with weirdly intensive simulation on stuff that is dumb. it wants to be dwarf fortress with crysis graphics, but dwarf fortress still slows to a crawl when poo poo gets hectic even as an ascii game. granted a lot of that is because of the spaghetti code its made from, but lol if star citizen is any different.

dwarf fortress is a great example of a very intense simulation game that is birthed from the brain of one deranged man. the difference is that the df guy made the game before seeking peoples money, and actually focuses on making the game instead of making movies in loving Poser or whatever

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Fandred is troubling

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
:P

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sarsapariller posted:

Doesn't everything in this game? Everything looks like a random designer slapped his assets into Crysis 2 to me.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/206947640?t=04h09m00s

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

all the ships look like poo poo, like the most generic knockoffs of ships from other sci fi franchises.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

his nibs posted:

Fandred is troubling

if i had sunk a bunch of money into this trainwreck it'd keep me awake too

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Wise Learned Man posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Stupid Crowdfunding Accomplishment Mausoleum > Star Citizen: Assets to ashes, dreams to dust

:golfclap:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

juggalo baby coffin posted:

all the ships look like poo poo, like the most generic knockoffs of ships from other sci fi franchises.

what about the one designed by a convicted pedophile

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Raskolnikov posted:

Order "Thai hot" take out and enjoy your
brutal take out :smug:

My wife and I routinely order Thai/Indian hot and one night at our favorite Thai place we did it and whoever was in the kitchen either didn't know what he was doing or decided he was going to kill whitey because it was some of the hottest poo poo we ever ate. My wife ordered pumpkin curry (it was october and it was a special) and it was so hot that she couldn't eat it and she has way more heat tolerance than me. We brought it home and she tried thinning it with more rice, with coconut milk, with mashed potato, all kinds of poo poo. And it was never reduced to an edible state.

It wasn't just us being wimps because we overheard other people in the restaurant talking about how hot everything was. The next time we went back there everything was normal again.

Really good Thai food but that night was like whoa :stare:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

alf_pogs posted:

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVE--wait what's that? Um he was never a Star Citizen

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

My wife and I routinely order Thai/Indian hot and one night at our favorite Thai place we did it and whoever was in the kitchen either didn't know what he was doing or decided he was going to kill whitey because it was some of the hottest poo poo we ever ate. My wife ordered pumpkin curry (it was october and it was a special) and it was so hot that she couldn't eat it and she has way more heat tolerance than me. We brought it home and she tried thinning it with more rice, with coconut milk, with mashed potato, all kinds of poo poo. And it was never reduced to an edible state.

It wasn't just us being wimps because we overheard other people in the restaurant talking about how hot everything was. The next time we went back there everything was normal again.

Really good Thai food but that night was like whoa :stare:

I hear that when you order it "thai hot" they just douse it with pepper spray

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sunswipe posted:

We should start a campaign to get Braben knighted.

Can we also get Croberts named the royal fool?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Has Star Citizen youtube content been blacklisted for advertising?

quote:

Apparently my timelapse where not a single word is being said and only scenery is being shown is not advertiser friendly enough for youtube...this is a serious problem and small youtubers like me are having a hard time growing this way - Screenshot in comments
https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/7hp32w/apparently_my_timelapse_where_not_a_single_word/

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

idk which one that is but im going to assume its also terrible

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Bofast posted:

Can we also get Croberts named the royal fool?

Coutts jester?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dooguk posted:

Coutts jester?

:five: :vince: :downsbravo: etc