Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
I think the Forest is neat in a sense that it delivers the good part of Destiny 2 (shoot mans) in a slightly randomized format instead of shooting the same four spawns on [planet] for weeks at a time. I still don't think it'll stay compelling the three months until Warmind Expansion, but it's better than I expected.

E: Apparently there are exotic armor ornaments now? Got one for the Lion Rampant which looks super rad, shame about, you know, Lion Rampant.

Orv fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Dec 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you can, however, only do the forest a finite amount of times a...week? day?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Really liking the expansion a lot so far. Gotten quite a few Osiris items already, as well as a few new ships from bright engrams.

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.
Having an alright time in the destiny 2 curb your osyrian.

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
Prometheus Lens is loving insane in PvP and better be hotfixed asap

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

kopasetic posted:

Why

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
https://clips.twitch.tv/GracefulRepleteEggnogPogChamp
ttk is rather short

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

you can, however, only do the forest a finite amount of times a...week? day?

What is "doing the forest" Like, if you just go in and get to the other end, do you get something? Or is it the adventurers? The heroic adventures are doable once per day it seems?

Also, what is this prophecy stuff for?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Heroic Adventures: Oh good, another activity where you take quadruple damage for no good reason, wooooo.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

I made the mistake of playing 2 strikes, both were different and new from the DLC today. It turned out as I played the dlc story, both were also story missions with no changes except a few tiny bits of dialogue. What the hell?

And another story mission was an old strike...

Ghetto SuperCzar fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Dec 6, 2017

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

What is "doing the forest" Like, if you just go in and get to the other end, do you get something? Or is it the adventurers? The heroic adventures are doable once per day it seems?

Also, what is this prophecy stuff for?

oh, if they’re daily that’s not awful. ‘Doing it’ being doing the adventures, yeah.

the prophecy stuff is the unique mercury weapons. i think there’s one for every weapon type?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The change to the Lucky Pants... is good. Now I get to live out the cosplay fantasy of my dreams: Bungie rewrites the classic character Miyamoto Musashi; in this version, I not only wield a power weapon sword but also a pair of hand cannons

Calsonic
Apr 13, 2008

Beat the story in 2 hours, did the 3 adventures, did some heroic strikes and...I guess, other than the raid, I've done everything in this expansion..?

What the hell.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i’m pretty sure there are more than two hours in the story, even if you hurry

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I did EVERYTHING in 30 min guys im done

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i’m pretty sure there are more than two hours in the story, even if you hurry

Nah the story is extremely short. Finished the main quest line in about an hour and a half. You can jump past every infinite forest encounter that isn’t locked by a daemon so that speeds things up quite a bit.

Kind of feel like I payed 20 bucks for a patch tbh.

Calsonic
Apr 13, 2008

In a couple days you all are gonna be agreeing with me, don't you worry.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Naw

Orv
May 4, 2011
No he's pretty much right. Aside from chasing new exotics/legendaries, doing the prophecy weapons which will take you three weeks of grinding PEs, and the raid, that's it.

It's is basically Dark Below 2. Which is to be expected, video game development, but still a bummer.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Coughing Hobo posted:

The change to the Lucky Pants... is good. Now I get to live out the cosplay fantasy of my dreams: Bungie rewrites the classic character Miyamoto Musashi; in this version, I not only wield a power weapon sword but also a pair of hand cannons

Double HC is so silly now you can go so long without reloading as long as you keep nailing headshots.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Are the daily heroic adventures supposed to be solo or group play? I got close to the end when it bugged out completely but the damage done by the mobs was brutal and it had nightfall modifiers.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

1stGear posted:

the uninspired Public Event

sorry, what?

It's by far the most involved and in-depth PE, yet...??

??????????????????????????????????

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Firebert posted:

Are the daily heroic adventures supposed to be solo or group play? I got close to the end when it bugged out completely but the damage done by the mobs was brutal and it had nightfall modifiers.

well they have the same recommended power level as the raid so that should give you some indicator!!

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Calsonic posted:

Beat the story in 2 hours, did the 3 adventures, did some heroic strikes and...I guess, other than the raid, I've done everything in this expansion..?

What the hell.

I playing the game normally and not rushing through everything, I beat the story (most of which is visiting places you've already been on other planets) and adventures in around three hours, there is very little content here. Most of that three hours was spent doing stuff designed to pad out the game time by making you waste time travel from planet to planet to do a single thing.:smith:

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Dec 6, 2017

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Orv posted:

No he's pretty much right. Aside from chasing new exotics/legendaries, doing the prophecy weapons which will take you three weeks of grinding PEs, and the raid, that's it.

It's is basically Dark Below 2. Which is to be expected, video game development, but still a bummer.

Aside from all this content, there's no content!

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

i beat diablo 3's campaign mode in five hours blizzard please refund my money due to lack of content

Orv
May 4, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

Aside from all this content, there's no content!

That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying there is a low amount of content to tide you over for three months, especially since 80% (depending on how you look at more of the same mission design) of it is things you've already been doing for the last three.

Calsonic
Apr 13, 2008

Back Hack posted:

I playing the game normally and not rushing through everything, I beat the story (most of which is visiting places you've already been on other planets) and adventures in around three hours, there is very little content here. :smith:

Not to mention the new strike I played was pretty much the exact same as one of the story levels

This expansion is super rear end, dudes.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
"I sped through all the content guys, it's poo poo since there's only 30 minutes there cause I skipped everything."

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Orv posted:

That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying there is a low amount of content to tide you over for three months, especially since 80% (depending on how you look at more of the same mission design) of it is things you've already been doing for the last three.

It doesn't have to tide you over for 3 months. There are other games out there, you don't have to play Destiny every single night until the next Destiny expansion releases.

Play the new content, get some cool new guns, maybe raid, then move on with your life for a little while.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh good, this part of an SA thread.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

yes the part of an SA thread where various people with different opinions express those opinions

it's loving tragic that there is no groupthink on this damned website i tell you what

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

The Infinite Forest is pretty much a damp squib and it's amusing just how heavily they relied on it for the expansion story. Probably to reduce dev time/cost

That said, goddamn do I want the new Ophidian Aspects. Nezerac's was always better for PvE but I'd happily take faster reload and ready into the Crucible, especially for handcannons.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

kopasetic posted:

I just got this and yeah, crucible will be unplayable within the next couple days if it isn't fixed soon. It felt like using an aimbot.

Calus now has a recommended power level of 310 and it felt pretty challenging but rewarding for a group of 305-310. Every other fight felt the same if not easier.

Also went from level 302 to 305 just from the first three fights.

Cyks fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Dec 6, 2017

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The new gear is good and I will definitely be trying to collect poo poo but the actual new content is meh as gently caress and extremely repetitive. Whoever said it reeks of trying to meet a deadline was right on the money. Also lol at the heroic adventure god drat. That poo poo was not balanced for a single player, at least not if you're going for the time limit. At least it still lets you finish and get your milestone but that was a big ol' kick in the balls.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

DrNutt posted:

The new gear is good and I will definitely be trying to collect poo poo but the actual new content is meh as gently caress and extremely repetitive. Whoever said it reeks of trying to meet a deadline was right on the money. Also lol at the heroic adventure god drat. That poo poo was not balanced for a single player, at least not if you're going for the time limit. At least it still lets you finish and get your milestone but that was a big ol' kick in the balls.

I haven't done the Heroic milestone yet. Is that poo poo really timed like nightfalls?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

DrNutt posted:

With all the talk about solo heroic strikes which I've not tried yet, I'm curious. The menu claims it has Matchmaking, ala normal strikes which had me encouraged given my bite sized bits of play between other stuff.

So how are so many people ending up solo then? Is the matchmaking busted? Is it trying to find people but there's nobody doing heroic strikes so just spits you out in it solo?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It took until the ninth page, I think that's pretty good

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Section Z posted:

With all the talk about solo heroic strikes which I've not tried yet, I'm curious. The menu claims it has Matchmaking, ala normal strikes which had me encouraged given my bite sized bits of play between other stuff.

So how are so many people ending up solo then? Is the matchmaking busted? Is it trying to find people but there's nobody doing heroic strikes so just spits you out in it solo?

they're talking about Heroic Adventures, which are things you trigger from Vance in the Lighthouse and are PL300 with Nightfall-style modifiers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Skoll posted:

I haven't done the Heroic milestone yet. Is that poo poo really timed like nightfalls?

No

• Locked thread