Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

goferchan posted:

what unlocks more stages for Tiger Tiger anyways? I'm not sure when or how I unlocked Stage 2 but beating it didn't unlock Stage 3. Also what's the bonus for getting all medals in a single run? Still haven't pulled it off

Story progress. Getting all the bonuses gets you more Ether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Raxivace posted:

I like Tiger Tiger well enough I just wish it was slightly more lenient.

It's hard to play with my Hori pro controller because the dpad isn't the best. This is my gripe.

I should pick up one of those Switch compatible 8bitdo pads when they come out in a few days. I already have an older usb one and it's pretty cool.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I got Gorg. Gave him to Four
Also everyone should start calling the fourth party member Four kind of like how everyone called the seventh party member of XB1 Seven to avoid spoilers (even though everyone sees the fourth member coming from a mile away)

quaunaut
Sep 15, 2007

WHOOSH

SlayVus posted:

Depends on how much you want to grind. You can use tier 1 rarity to increase your characters core grid (Justice/Compassion/Truth/Bravery). When you increase them to max affinity you also get an item you can use to increase WP on any weapon you choose on any character. The small one for tier 1 blades with like 2k WP. Tier 1 blades with under 18 affinity circles would be easiest to grind out since they only need like 250/300 trust total for all 5 levels.

Hand Row posted:

Keep them unless you need the room. Also bad ones might not be bad depending on what field skills they have.

Where do you guys learn this? Is there a decent central resource to the game?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

quaunaut posted:

Where do you guys learn this? Is there a decent central resource to the game?

I learned it by playing the game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm hoping boss battles ramp up soon. I'm still just randomly pushing buttons until the QTE's pop up, but I'm early in the game (chapter 3 boss).

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Tae posted:

I'm hoping boss battles ramp up soon. I'm still just randomly pushing buttons until the QTE's pop up, but I'm early in the game (chapter 3 boss).

Don't overlevel if you are overleveling. Try to beat a boss by relying on cores and blades and poo poo. There's some bosses and situations on 4 that will absolutely beat the poo poo out of you if you're not well prepared

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Caesar Saladin posted:

Zenobia is a beast, she is my bread and butter. She has a move which does massive damage and doubles for toppled enemies, and a lot of what i do involves toppling and cancelling to her for them big big hitz.

Sounds like I'm going to burn an overdrive moving her to Rex then and let her take my 3rd Blade spot for his setup then. :black101:

Annath posted:

On a scale of Batman to Batman Ninja, how anime is this game?

1.5x as anime, 0.05x as grimdark.

Tae posted:

I beat chapter 3 at level 22-23 and the last boss fight in it killed Tora multiple times from (near) full HP.

I imagine if I had been on level he probably wouldn't have died and the threat would've been much lower in general.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Sounds like I'm going to burn an overdrive moving her to Rex then and let her take my 3rd Blade spot for his setup then. :black101:

1.5x as anime, 0.05x as grimdark.

I beat chapter 3 at level 22-23 and the last boss fight in it killed Tora multiple times from (near) full HP.

I imagine if I had been on level he probably wouldn't have died and the threat would've been much lower in general.

I was close to lv 30 and he still died twice

It was a good battle though. But then the story went completely nuts.

How many permanent characters are there, out of curiosity?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

bizarre deformity posted:

How many permanent characters are there, out of curiosity?

There are 5 of them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Calaveron posted:

I got Gorg. Gave him to Four
Also everyone should start calling the fourth party member Four kind of like how everyone called the seventh party member of XB1 Seven to avoid spoilers (even though everyone sees the fourth member coming from a mile away)

The party members in this are pretty blindingly obvious given how rare unique Blades are, it's nowhere near as spoilerific as Seven was.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Mythra in the opening cut scenes of Chapter 5 sounds like she both has a cold and is on the verge of crying while having really casual conversations.

It's weird.

Edit: Also, it's a real bummer Rex doesn't have Launch if you assign him the two special cores he gets. It's screwed up my whole combat routine.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

This game holds off on new party members for so long it makes you wonder why they even bothered having more than the core three.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TurnipFritter posted:

This game holds off on new party members for so long it makes you wonder why they even bothered having more than the core three.

Given the pacing in terms of teaching gameplay, it's probably with the idea that by the time you get them you'll understand what you're doing with their default Blades compared to Rex or Nia.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

TurnipFritter posted:

Did you forget how long it took to get all the party members in XB1?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Tae posted:

Did you forget how long it took to get all the party members in XB1?

It's like if Dunban was still the fourth party member, but didn't join you until you got to Eryth Sea.

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
Cutey-cutey, lovely-lovely, blushy-crushy...tee hee:allbuttons:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just can't see myself switching to new party members because of how the blade system works. Why would I bother at all, I could just put different blades on my existing party

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Sensual Simian posted:

Cutey-cutey, lovely-lovely, blushy-crushy...tee hee:allbuttons:

Yeah, that was, uh

yep

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'm really hoping they don't enforce needing specific combos because that means at some point I will have to get Blitzball Dog and that is just not possible. dog 2rare :(

why does everyone keep saying dogs rare? ive unlocked like, four, and they all have those circular blades...or am I thinking about a different animal? drogarth-like.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Was on my way to a city when some rear end in a top hat just picked a fight with me. Beat him up and now there's a tombstone.

Did Rex just kill a dude

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Was on my way to a city when some rear end in a top hat just picked a fight with me. Beat him up and now there's a tombstone.

Did Rex just kill a dude

anime is grim

(whatever it was it was a unique, you can interact with the tombstone if you want to fight it again)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

I just can't see myself switching to new party members because of how the blade system works. Why would I bother at all, I could just put different blades on my existing party

Well I have like almost 20 hours in and just realized each character has their own distinct weapon arts for each weapon so I guess that's one reason to experiment with them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If I've just reached mor Adrain, how much longer before I get more Poppis...it's seriously cramping my combo potential

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Well I have like almost 20 hours in and just realized each character has their own distinct weapon arts for each weapon so I guess that's one reason to experiment with them

Oh that's a good point. And if my hunch is correct that eventually Brigid and her driver join the party I'd probably use her because I think she looks cool

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

What the gently caress is poppi's favorite instrument

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

mabels big day posted:

What the gently caress is poppi's favorite instrument

The maracas in argentum

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

In Training posted:

If I've just reached mor Adrain, how much longer before I get more Poppis...it's seriously cramping my combo potential

Not much longer.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Can common blades even have Nopon Wisdom? I only have it on Poppi and Boreas and between them I'd have to max both out to pass some checks I already have access to.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

In Training posted:

One more donjon iirc (but that donjon sucks amazing rear end)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

The maracas in argentum

Thanks

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
loving softlocked. Fast travelled to Gormott and the floor didn't load, just cloud sea and NPCs. So I figured it'd show eventually, since I wasn't falling, and went to talk to the shop I came for. Now I can't do anything but move the camera. Any outs or am I just out hours of unsaved data?

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles
Just pulled Perun, took all of 2 seconds of looking at her design to know that the character designer of Code Geass made her. This brings my total up to 6.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Some of these rare blades don't seem to be really on par with one another. I got Adenine as my first and she's been an absurd power house despite being a healer type. Then I got Zenobia which attacks so loving slow and the damage output still seems less than Adenine's despite being at roughly the same enhancement level. And now I have Azami and she also does like no damage despite being attack and attacks soooo slow. Are fast hitting Blades just really OP or something?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I've only just started and I haven't the slightest idea whats going on, but it all seems rather fun and I like how very English everyone is. Also the camera seems to be urgently attempting to inform me that Pyra has really big tits.

I don't suppose there's any alternate costumes like Rex actually wearing his whole diving suit is there?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I sure hope Morytha is what I think it is

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Can common blades even have Nopon Wisdom? I only have it on Poppi and Boreas and between them I'd have to max both out to pass some checks I already have access to.

Yeah its liteterally only them and a rare blade you get from a late game sidequest

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Is there a healing weapon with range like the cannon?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

loving softlocked. Fast travelled to Gormott and the floor didn't load, just cloud sea and NPCs. So I figured it'd show eventually, since I wasn't falling, and went to talk to the shop I came for. Now I can't do anything but move the camera. Any outs or am I just out hours of unsaved data?

If you can get to the menu you can skip travel out. If not, well, the game does not auto save at all, bewilderingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
You know when you sit down and look at the blade affinity unlocks you enter a new kind of time sucking black hole.

Also does anyone know what they mean when one says get X out of y collectibles list. Where is this list? I’m blind.

I finally got into the bottom of the giant gently caress all staircase on Titan 3 via whirlpool. It’s neat but a little let down.