Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Must be nice to be able to call all your sponsors pedophiles because you're a millionaire....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Sean never explicitly said that "your accountant's kid" was underage. Quickbooks is the real villain here, making a mountain out of a molehill.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

They need more of those one-of fart/poop ads, whatever that one where the guy got really pissy about them making fun of it.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Who needs Patreon when you have those sweet Howl residuals rolling in?

waxluthor
May 28, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

So, the good news is that Wild Horses: The Perspective is back for more episodes on Stitcher, and you can still do the downloading trick without paying for it. The bad news is it's a 250mb mp3 and when I transferred it onto my microsd card, it immediately corrupted it. So that's nice.

I only had 110gb worth of music/podcasts on there. It's going to take days to put all that stuff back in. Very annoying.

Did they just fixed the downloading trick? I tried view page info on firefox on the episode page while signed out and cannot find any mp3s, but I can see it while signed in.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

waxluthor posted:

Did they just fixed the downloading trick? I tried view page info on firefox on the episode page while signed out and cannot find any mp3s, but I can see it while signed in.

Nope -- this, at least, still works fine, just grabbed the new eps. Rather than manually searching the page source, just open the page, hit F12 to open the console, and paste this into the console command line:
code:
var a='data-stream-url';$('['+a+']').each(function(){var b=$(this),c=b.clone().attr('href',b.attr(a)).removeAttr(a),d='fa-play';c.find('.'+d).toggleClass(d+' fa-download');b.after(c);})
...and download buttons will appear next to the play buttons

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I’m really enjoying Jess’s new character she’s workshopping where she calls piano sounds very resonant

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Big Grande's The Teacher's Lounge rules.

I've had "Osama's got a golf course in Abbottabad" stuck in my head for days.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

LesterGroans posted:

Big Grande's The Teacher's Lounge rules.

I've had "Osama's got a golf course in Abbottabad" stuck in my head for days.

I didn't believe the hype but it is unbelievable how funny it is. I love improv where the game/challenge is to make everyone break/laugh.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
My dream for Teacher's Lounge is that they actually make Finding the Wemberleys

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I just can't believe they actually did The Preacher's Lounge this week and managed to go like 40 minutes without working blue. (I do wish it had somehow tied into the larger Hamilton High School mythology, though.)

Franchescanado posted:

I love improv where the game/challenge is to make everyone break/laugh.

The South Pole Santa bit is a drat marvel, as that drive results in them managing to one-up each other for like 6 minutes straight.

OH! OH! OH!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

JethroMcB posted:

The South Pole Santa bit is a drat marvel, as that drive results in them managing to one-up each other for like 6 minutes straight.

OH! OH! OH!

For some reason the fact that South Pole Santa comes in through the front door is the one that got me the hardest.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

LesterGroans posted:

For some reason the fact that South Pole Santa comes in through the front door is the one that got me the hardest.

I like that he's going to make you eat his cookies and that he sits on YOUR lap.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

25 bucks plus shipping for a t-shirt? I love you and I'm in love with you, but not that much

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 381 days!
I don't get the scoring on the Jimmy Pardo episode, but there's no universe where witnessing a shirtless, suspenders-wearing Scott Aukerman handing a supportive note to Jim Rash at the gym is only worth ONE point

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
so the unofficial rss is just dead now? do I have any option besides using that loving piece of poo poo stitcher app

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

bump_fn posted:

so the unofficial rss is just dead now? do I have any option besides using that loving piece of poo poo stitcher app

It’s still working for me, although the past two weeks the Teacher’s Lounge shows up real late.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I listened to a few episodes of the new Canon. They were fine, I think the rotating guests is a good feature, though I still would only ever listen to it when someone of interest is on. I still think Amy has a surprisingly limited range of both film knowledge and critical thinking for a film critic, but she works much better when not paired with that domineering manchild Faraci.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Raised by TV is dumb but fun.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Raised by TV is like...obnoxious and delightful in waves. After a few minutes of "Remember this??? Urkel??? FRUIT BY THE FOOT???" I start to wonder if I really enjoy this show and if I should keep listening, and then Jon and Lauren will share a genuinely entertaining personal story that reengages me (Or they'll reference something mildly more obscure than what they were talking about and I'll say "But I thought I was the only one who remembered or cared!")

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
The guest skits they've started adding are a step in the right direction. I'll listen because I love Lapkus and gabrus but man that recent ep just singing theme songs for like 10 minutes straight was brutal. I don't know, they'll probably mellow out as it goes along and it'll turn into something more interesting.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'll check back in, in like 10 eps and see if they've settled down any.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Lol if you think Raised By TV is ever going to be anything other than them half-remembering things and screaming back and forth/over each other.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Aren't they gonna run out of stuff to talk about by episode 10

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Help Im Alive posted:

Aren't they gonna run out of stuff to talk about by episode 10

When they run out of stuff between the two of them, that's when they'll bring guests in to also yell about Amazin' Fruit

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
It's just like all the Wolfpop shows, it'll stagnate to the point of being intolerable within a few months, then limp onward to a quiet death shortly thereafter. Not that I need to be a doomsayer for such mediocrity, just the way these things go. I kinda like the show, but I'd rather get my fix from the hosts' respective premium podcasts, Action Boyz and The Perspective, which are some of the finest shows around.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Is it me or does Raised By TV have the worst intro theme song of any Earwolf podcast? I’m struggling to think of a less enjoyable one.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

my podcast is called "is it just me, or"

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Tacier posted:

Is it me or does Raised By TV have the worst intro theme song of any Earwolf podcast? I’m struggling to think of a less enjoyable one.

HDTGM's remix theme is bad and also like 4 hours long

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I like on the new Womp It Up that nobody is quite able to remember which country Dubai is in and has to veer off every time it comes up.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
I love raised by TV, but I was an ADHD kid who watched 4-8 hours every weekday and remembered+repeated tons of specific details. If you don’t get a small physical rush hearing them “oh-my-god-do-you-remember” about tangential topics then this podcast will make no sense.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I really like it.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

In the interest of fairness, I have to point out the original HDTGM theme is also shite.

There's a third one too I think, that they used once and never again. It was rock.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So, someone listen to I4H and tell me if it's worth listening to. I'm skeptical based on the theme.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

So, someone listen to I4H and tell me if it's worth listening to. I'm skeptical based on the theme.

it has lots if big hits and at least as many near misses, with plenty of true misses scattered throughout. i like it

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ArtVandelay posted:

Do you like Hanford's John Lennon?
Do you like Horatio's brusque improv style?

I'm a "yes" to both; it's not blowing me away, but it's fun.

Also it's fun to have Brett on-mic so he can occasionally point out just how little Hanford actually knows about John Lennon.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 7, 2017

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Tacier posted:

It's Lauren Lapkus singing.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Analytic Engine posted:

I love raised by TV, but I was an ADHD kid who watched 4-8 hours every weekday and remembered+repeated tons of specific details. If you don’t get a small physical rush hearing them “oh-my-god-do-you-remember” about tangential topics then this podcast will make no sense.

I also watched a shitload of TV, and specifically cartoons, and could not make it more than a few minutes into their episode about cartoons. They just started listening to and singing theme songs. Like, I knew the songs and the words and all, but hearing Lapkus sing them wasn't really entertaining. Maybe it got better later, but I really couldn't listen to it anymore.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I love Gabrus and Lapkus, but I think they shine when they have someone grounded to play against and provide contrast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ArtVandelay posted:

It's everyone making GBS threads on will Hines as he tries to defend the song, its funny