Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
If we go with a female human mage, I vote for this portrait.

Also, Blitz is fine. Yeah, I said it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Aeromancia posted:

Male Troll Mage named Armstrong. Muscle wizard!

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Female mage.

Elf or human
, I don't care which.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

DeathChicken posted:

Female Troll Decker named Soosan

I've liked Troll Deckers since the SNES Shadowrun :colbert:

This sounds good.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Female Elf Decker named WinME

Trolls don't have great Intel which is needed for good decking things - they're awesome for physical builds. I like elves as the charisma boost is nice when it comes to doing dialogue things which show more plot things and open up alternate paths.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

Slaan posted:

Female Ork Mage named Rosa

I really loved that they let people vote for where to go next, so often games become a U(C)SA lovefest, so it was pretty awesome that Dragonfall & Hong Kong let you see into the world!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I vote for a
  1. Female
  2. Ork
  3. Mage
    named
  4. Magorkal.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
Aw yeah, here we go, here we go!

Male Ork Mage. I've never played mages (just don't have the knack), and I want Kanfy to show off what I'm missing out on.

Can you cast fist?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also finally, onto the good games.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Female human mage called Ulrike Meinhof

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

wedgekree posted:

Female Elf Decker named WinME

Trolls don't have great Intel which is needed for good decking things - they're awesome for physical builds. I like elves as the charisma boost is nice when it comes to doing dialogue things which show more plot things and open up alternate paths.

Nah. I beat all three games with troll deckers. 6 int is enough to breeze through any hacking you find.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

FoolyCharged posted:

Nah. I beat all three games with troll deckers. 6 int is enough to breeze through any hacking you find.

On normal maybe.

Anything above and this will be a session in unusual pain and suffering.

On normal though, I find the game a bit TOO easy.

I play on Hard mode, so a six int decker wouldn't do it for me. Also, you won't meet requirements for the last deck.

Screw VH mode though.

mauman fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Dec 7, 2017

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

FoolyCharged posted:

Cool! I'll have to try that sometime.

Gymer
May 30, 2012

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Female mage.

Elf or human
, I don't care which.

We've done a tech character time to bring the magic.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
I tend to like deckers just as they open lots of branching story paths and other ways to go about doing things. Matrix runs are almost always fun and give you lots of sidequests and extra loot so I'm fond of playing one as my main.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Female Dwarf Mage, don't care about the name.

Sparda219
Nov 21, 2007

Just as some things can be right and useless at the same time, can't something be wrong and priceless?
Female Elf Mage because mages rock but need more etiquettes. Also I really like the name Rosa.

Can she be good at healing so her name is a Final Fantasy 4 reference?

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?
Yessssssssss

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Female troll adept called Beatmistress.

I decided to buy the game and play this concept myself so ignore my vote and go for something more Rad.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
No love for riggers or shamans around here from the looks of it, zero votes for either so far. Mage looking pretty strong.

Right now "the first voter wins" Rosa, the Female Human Mage and "muscle wizard" Armstrong, the Male Troll Mage seem to be the two candidates that stand out above the rest, but it's not a done deal. We'll probably settle it with a short poll if things remain as is.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Changing my vote to Rosa, the female human mage.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Can't wait, I enjoyed this one.

Groetgaffel posted:

Since we didn't save our favourite slum and the bar it contained at the end of DMS, I'm voting to recreate Amazon, with the justification that after the Union shut down she followed Harlequin's hint about Brackenhaus, who is totally not a dragon in disguise, going back to Germany. With her contacts dried up, and the payday from Telestrian dwindling she set out to Europe in the hopes of better runs there.

Therefor this must happen

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

geonetix posted:

Therefor this must happen

Wouldn't make a lick of sense. Like at all.

Graylien
Aug 12, 2013
Gonna put my vote in for Armstrong, just so we can do the complete opposite of our character last time.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I would have voted Shaman, but the companion Shamans in both games are justso good

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

E: Voting has finished

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 7, 2017

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

RedMagus posted:

I really loved that they let people vote for where to go next, so often games become a U(C)SA lovefest, so it was pretty awesome that Dragonfall & Hong Kong let you see into the world!

Berlin is almost always the second most popular Shadowrun locale after Seattle, for whatever reason. Germany was a huge market for Shadowrun, dunno which was the cause of the other.

Polaron posted:

A male human mage named Geek :v:
I see what you did there.

I didn't get this game until Director's Cut came out and it went on sale on Steam, and I was not disappointed at all, it was leaps and bounds better than DMS. Looking forward to you getting through this game too.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

mauman posted:

On normal maybe.

Anything above and this will be a session in unusual pain and suffering.

On normal though, I find the game a bit TOO easy.

I play on Hard mode, so a six int decker wouldn't do it for me. Also, you won't meet requirements for the last deck.

Screw VH mode though.

Nah, hardest difficulty and it took me till the third game to realize esp was a trap skill.

You can make darn near anything your decker and be fine, you just might need to run a bit more aoe to offset your reduced aim.

Which I personally like because otherwise you couldn't slap all the cool new weapons on your mc if you want to do decking.

e: hahaha, I totally missed Geek, the mage. That's great!

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Speaking of geeks, I never did find out whether Noog from DMS really was a goon reference.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

GhostStalker posted:

Berlin is almost always the second most popular Shadowrun locale after Seattle, for whatever reason. Germany was a huge market for Shadowrun, dunno which was the cause of the other.

I see what you did there.

I didn't get this game until Director's Cut came out and it went on sale on Steam, and I was not disappointed at all, it was leaps and bounds better than DMS. Looking forward to you getting through this game too.

Germany was a huge market for Shadowrun since punk/cyberpunk was huge there in the 80's/90's for obvious reasons, and boardgames/tabletops have always been really popular there. I think selling well in Germany led to FASA producing a lot of material centered around Germany/Berlin. Which, in turn, encouraged both German and non-German players to run campaigns there.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
Well, Noog looks like i imagine most goons here look irl.

As of 4th Edition the german version of the SR tabletop rulebook still had a additional section about SR Cyberpunk-Germany and its structures: The poisoned SOX regions around Hamburg, Berlin, Main-Ruhr-Plex and Saeder-Krupp and the Troll kingdom in Schwarzwald etc.

Edit: Hey, i am all for elven Decker/Riggers in Dragonfall, but it was time for someone new.

OutofSight fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Dec 7, 2017

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Kanfy posted:

No love for riggers or shamans around here from the looks of it, zero votes for either so far. Mage looking pretty strong.

While I'm not complaining, my idea of recreating Amazon plus the two that agreed with me would. E three votes for rigger, no?
:saddowns:

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Groetgaffel posted:

While I'm not complaining, my idea of recreating Amazon plus the two that agreed with me would. E three votes for rigger, no?
:saddowns:

Strictly speaking Amazon was always a decker for whom people voted drones as the weapon of choice. It's true that the rigger side of things did end up stealing the limelight eventually though.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm enjoying the game as a female troll adept, when are you starting Kanfy?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I'm enjoying the game as a female troll adept, when are you starting Kanfy?

If you mean when the first update's gonna be, it'll probably take a couple of days since I can only work on dialogue stuff and such without a player character.

is currently in the lead but it's still anybody's game so I'm not gonna call it this early.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Dec 7, 2017

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
Changing my vote to Troll Mage

OutofSight fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Dec 7, 2017

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Vote in the polls, thread votes don't count anymore.

And feel free to discuss the choices, but let's all keep it civil.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Kanfy posted:

is currently in the lead
That's a portrait that very definitely has a friends with benefits arrangement with M.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Kanfy posted:

Right now "the first voter wins" Rosa, the Female Human Mage and "muscle wizard" Armstrong, the Male Troll Mage seem to be the two candidates that stand out above the rest, but it's not a done deal. We'll probably settle it with a short poll if things remain as is.

Well, we just did a rigger run, and the shaman role is pretty well covered in DF. Decker/Mage roles are nicely vacant though.