Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

MtG has a surprising amount of cards that pertain to the concept of salt:

Same:

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Dec 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
I think locking a ton of expansion content behind bright engrams and the shader drop rate for the good ones are still things worth getting upset about.

Especially since it seems the expansion is still light on content. I think battlefront 2 obliterated any remaining goodwill to these kinds of things.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I think the concept of randomized rewards is kind of lovely in general but pretending like that's Bungie's fault and not the result of idiot nerds having gambling problems for decades is probably a bit spurious

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Yeah can't really blame the abuser when the victims are just asking for it.

Shy fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 7, 2017

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Bleck posted:

I think the concept of randomized rewards is kind of lovely in general but pretending like that's Bungie's fault and not the result of idiot nerds having gambling problems for decades is probably a bit spurious

Yeah I mean people on DTG are unironically calling the game terrible for not having completely random gun perks that results in major balance issues and requires shitloads of grinding. All they did was shift the grind from gameplay items to cosmetics.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Norns posted:

It would probably help a lot of things if every article written about everything ever wasn't just some shocking thing to get people upset

Yeah that's very annoying.

Writer: "Hey, I have this great article on how Destiny 2 is an enjoyable experience. It's mostly positive, though admittedly a little dry."

Money Man: "Nah, take everything you wrote and flip it so the article is extremely negative and divisive. We need to drive clicks and views. Tell them the game WOULD be good IF NOT FOR, then fill in the blank with something Reddit seems angry about."

Reddit: "DESTINY loving SUCKS LOOK AT THESE ARTICLES ON WHY IT BLOWS DICKBUTTS!"

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Bust Rodd posted:

I’ve been playing Warframe while I wait for Destiny 2 missions to load and this game is not perfect but I have never seen a F2P game as rich and feature deep as Warframe, and there are like 40K people playing Warframe every night on Steam (Total Dev Team is less than 200 people over 4 years, making it comparable in scale to D2 in time spent developing but at 1/4 the manpower)

I was looking forward to Iron Banner since I thought all the outfits looked great and green is my favorite color, but after trying Rainbow Six in the steam sale I just stopped playing d2's pvp entirely with zero regrets and missed out on the event entirely. Being able to actually carry games and make a difference instead of playing hallway skeet shooting with your team was way way way more fun than D2's pvp. All my friends who were playing D2 made the jump to R6S as well and we've just been pvping in that instead.

There's so many good FPS games out there that there's little desire for me to stick around and actually play D2 when it's busted to poo poo, but the base gameplay and look and setting are all cool enough for me to watch intently and see if Bungie's willing to fix it.

There's a LOT of relatively minor things they could fix, and just fixing a few of them would go a long way towards making me wanna play again. A collection and inventory size increase so I can actually hold any item post season 1, for example.

The baffling part is how slow or unwilling Bungie seems to be to fix anything. How do they have a staff three times bigger than CDPR while delivering a fraction as much content? 750's gotta be on par with Blizzard, but Blizzard maintains and updates five or six games, for fucks sake.

Minera fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 7, 2017

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Fighting Lion might actually be decent for the right content now.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Minrad posted:

The baffling part is how slow or unwilling Bungie seems to be to fix anything. How do they have a staff three times bigger than CDPR while delivering a fraction as much content?

The staff is directed by manager-types, who are almost certainly dumbass rich folks who were handed their jobs via nepotism.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Shy posted:

Yeah can't really blame the abuser when the victims are just asking for it.

Oh hell yeah, thats the good stuff right here

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Hahahaha. Doom 2016 itt

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
It kinda baffles me that Bungie doesn't make a pass through the exotics (and the legendary weapons for that matter) to buff the ones that are clearly underpowered and underused. I'm sure they log which are the most/least used exotics/legendaries, but they leave in place a status quo where there are like a handful of useful exotics that everyone uses. My guess is that they are afraid to touch things because of pvp balance. Sorta related - I wish they'd just add a "banned" category of gear that you can't take into pvp so they can do wackier stuff for pve. They tweaked a handful of things with the expansion, but I feel like the vast majority of gear is still kinda useless.

Lucid Dream fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 7, 2017

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Lucid Dream posted:

It kinda baffles me that Bungie doesn't make a pass through the exotics (and the legendary weapons for that matter) to buff the ones that are clearly underpowered and underused. I'm sure they log which are the most/least used exotics/legendaries, but they leave in place a status quo where there are like a handful of useful exotics that everyone uses. My guess is that they are afraid to touch things because of pvp balance. Sorta related - I wish they'd just add a "banned" category of gear that you can't take into pvp so they can do wackier stuff for pve.

That happened on December 5th, which is why we are discussing the viability of Fighting Lion now, where previously it was not liked:

quote:

Exotic Amor

- Mask of the Quiet One no longer grants energy when the wearer takes damage from friendly players
- Shield Bash now triggers the Dreaded Visage perk on Mask of the Quiet One
- Slightly increased the damage dealt by ACD/0 Feedback Fence
- Kills with the Fury Conductors perk on ACD/0 Feedback Fence now show correct icon in the kill feed
- Adjusted the grenade recharge granted by Starfire Protocol to compensate for the global decrease in the second grenade recharge rate
- Improved ready and stow speed on Peacekeepers
- Added an additional perk to Lucky Pants that loads a single bullet to the chamber of a stowed Hand Cannon whenever the player scores a precision hit with any weapon
- Reworked Karnstein Armlets in two ways: on a melee hit, the armlets now provide heightened Mobility and Recovery and highlight low-health targets; and scoring a melee kill immediately restores a significant amount of the wearer’s health
- Fixed an issue with Dunemarchers where the Linear Actuators perk was not triggering consistently
Weapons

General

- Increased the base damage and reduced the precision modifier of Precision Auto Rifles
- Slightly reduced the aim deflection of High-Caliber Rounds on Auto Rifles and Scout Rifles
- Reduced the effectiveness of Aim Assist at higher ranges on Scout Rifles (This was a hit to MIDA, which has 100 aim assist. This is why people love it at long ranges.)
- Reduced severity of recoil on Hakke High-Impact Auto Rifles
- Hand Cannon accuracy recovery now scales with rate of fire
- Improved base Aim Assist on aggressive Hand Cannons
- Slightly increased the rate of fire time between bursts on all Omolon Sidearms This was a hit to Last Hope
- Slightly increased impact damage on lightweight single-shot Grenade Launchers
- Fixed an issue with the Tireless Blade Sword perk where players could sometimes get sword ammo from an unpowered sword attack This was a hit to Uppercut swords
- Fixed an issue where the Infinite Guard perk would drain ammo when guarding in a Healing Rift
The Relentless Strikes sword perk no longer returns ammo on heavy attacks This was a hit to Uppercut swords
- When comparing Sniper Rifle stats the UI correctly updates for maximum magazine values
- Fixed an issue with Ambitious Assassin to make it more consistent

Exotic Weapons

- Increased Fighting Lion damage and changed Thin the Herd perk to now grant bonus ammo rather than pulling ammo from the player inventory
- Shooting destructible objects with Graviton Lance, Sunshot, Merciless, Sturm, and Drang no longer trigger the Exotic weapon perks
- Fixed an issue with D.A.R.C.I’s Target Acquired perk to make it more consistent

I'm excited about the ACD/0 and the Mask of the Quiet One changes.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Dec 7, 2017

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Waffle House posted:

That happened on December 5th, which is why we are discussing the viability of Fighting Lion now, where previously it was not liked:

Yeah, they fiddled with some of them, but I still feel like there is a ton of content that is still just not worth using compared to the alternatives. I find it really lame to do those weapon cube quests in the expansion and end up with, say, a scout rifle that is clearly nowhere near as good as nameless/mida.

Edit: The issue seems to be most noticeable in the kinetic slot. I have a really hard time finding anything that is in the same ballpark as nameless/origin story/better devils for pve. The specific perks those weapons have are just so good.

Lucid Dream fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 7, 2017

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Lucid Dream posted:

Yeah, they fiddled with some of them, but I still feel like there is a ton of content that is still just not worth using compared to the alternatives. I find it really lame to do those weapon cube quests in the expansion and end up with, say, a scout rifle that is clearly nowhere near as good as nameless/mida.

To me, your feeling is probably public-derived; people don’t pay much attention to most guns outside what the internet/meta tells them to. They’re not necessarily wrong, they’re just committing to being predictable.

I am all about this guy, because Dynamic Sway Reduction is a great perk. Instead of your bullet grouping getting looser as you hold the trigger, it TIGHTENS UP. This is great for engagements at range, and also hilarious on SMGs:

https://db.destinytracker.com/d2/en/items/1327432221-perseverance

Edit: Yes explosive rounds is basically never not good, on any gun, and I’m glad people discovered that, this is important to remember as the game develops. I used to have a Badger CCL in D1 (max impact scout) with explosive rounds; it 1shot trash mobs, and was heinously good.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Waffle House posted:

Don't forget that the nerf to Precision ARs means that you have to do 9 crits for fastest TTK instead of 7 crits 2 body shots. Apparently this might push the ideal Resilience in PvP to 7 now?

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Waffle House posted:

To me, your feeling is probably public-derived; people don’t pay much attention to most guns outside what the internet/meta tells them to. They’re not necessarily wrong, they’re just committing to being predictable.

You're probably right considering I mostly ignore weapons with lower than a 4 or so rating on DIM. I probably need to branch out more and try stuff that is outside of the "meta".

Waffle House posted:

Edit: Yes explosive rounds is basically never not good, on any gun, and I’m glad people discovered that, this is important to remember as the game develops. I used to have a Badger CCL in D1 (max impact scout) with explosive rounds; it 1shot trash mobs, and was heinously good.

Yeah, this is the thing that got me to make the post really. I got that fancy new 3 shot burst hand cannon, and while it is pretty darn good, it doesn't kill stuff nearly as fast as my better devils so it feels like a complete waste even if it wasn't taking up my exotic weapon choice.

Lucid Dream fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Dec 7, 2017

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Lucid Dream posted:

You're probably right considering I mostly ignore weapons with lower than a 4 or so rating on DIM. I probably need to branch out more and try stuff that is outside of the "meta".

Yeah, this is the thing that got me to make the post really. I got that fancy new 3 shot burst hand cannon, and while it is pretty darn good, it doesn't kill stuff nearly as fast as my better devils so it feels like a complete waste even if it wasn't taking up my exotic weapon choice.

Not every gun is good....but not every player carefully reads perks that might nicely suit their playstyle, or be something that they can work in if they think about it.

Better Devils is just straight crispy and it will be a sad day of poured out 40s when they nerf it.

I feel like Bungie tries to “train” its playerbase with the meta. For Positive Outlook, the new Vanguard AR with Armor Piercing Rounds, they mashed up everyone’s two favorite Auto Rifles from vanilla: Origin Story and Uriel’s Gift.

“Oh, yeah, you guys remenber HCR from D1? Yeahhh, remember those? Check out this sweeeet 450rpm chunky AR that melts stuff. Alright, now that you guys DEFINITELY remember that, here’s their beefy friend, APR. Both are crispy, but can you feel/see the difference?”

Hard examination of a weapon’s veracity STRICTLY in terms of TTK is kind of fallacious because no combat scenario you engage in will exist in that vacuum of pure numbers.

Like, as bad as an opposing player may be, nobody is going to stand still to give you that “ideal” TTK case. Someone or something WILL be shooting back at you, dropping your shields, maybe even with those flinch-causing High Caliber Rounds, which causes YOU to miss a shot, thus reducing your TTK, and by the time you’ve completed this thought you’re dead because the other guy landed all his.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 7, 2017

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Lucid Dream posted:

Unless you're strictly playing nothing but prestige mode things or pvp it's definitely fun to branch out of the "meta." There's a ton of guns I like for aesthetic/feel reasons that aren't "good" but are still fun as heck and who even cares about meta when you're patrolling and doing adventures and poo poo.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
To be honest you can pick any 140rpm Kinetic Handcannon aside from Better Devils and do just as good if not better if you happen to click better with whatever perks it has. Better Devils happens to be the meta because it has really easy sights, minimal kick (Sunshot doesn't really recoil and throw off your aim when you fire it but good lord the whole loving gun flies into your face and makes it harder to do follow up shots) and explosive rounds let you tickle near dead people behind cover and distract opponents with the flash when hitting them. I was playing Trials with a dude whose computer would just eat poo poo and drop FPS when hit by BDs so that's a pretty big advantage though.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Eej posted:

To be honest you can pick any 140rpm Kinetic Handcannon aside from Better Devils and do just as good if not better if you happen to click better with whatever perks it has. Better Devils happens to be the meta because it has really easy sights, minimal kick (Sunshot doesn't really recoil and throw off your aim when you fire it but good lord the whole loving gun flies into your face and makes it harder to do follow up shots) and explosive rounds let you tickle near dead people behind cover and distract opponents with the flash when hitting them. I was playing Trials with a dude whose computer would just eat poo poo and drop FPS when hit by BDs so that's a pretty big advantage though.

This is why I like True Prophecy, the FWC hand cannon; it’s Better Devils, just delayed a little. Wish its Needler-perk explosion radius was a little bigger so I could skill in double kills on low health jerks.

That thing about graphically bogging down sucks and should be addressed imo, although I’d be interested to see if there’s a graphics settings threshhold where that’s mitigated.

FPS drop is deeeefinitely something that’ll gently caress up people’s TTK.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the single most important thing about better devils is that the explosion from the explosive rounds doesn't have falloff damage

Orv
May 4, 2011

Waffle House posted:

Surprise, ACD/0 still does no damage.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Cowcaster posted:

the single most important thing about better devils is that the explosion from the explosive rounds doesn't have falloff damage

This is very true but at the same time in PvP relying on that aspect of explosive rounds also means that you're gonna get hosed up by scouts and pulses.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Waffle House posted:

Hahahaha. Doom 2016 itt

noice. now to get me one of them

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ah great now the reddit narrative is that bright engrams are destroying destiny despite being cosmetic and better earned through actually playing anyways

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Welp I now have not only the best looking ghost shell but the best mods:
That would be all planets chest out to 50 meters and gun telemetry data for all elemental types

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Monowhatever posted:

That would be all planets chest out to 50 meters and gun telemetry data for all elemental types

Aww man that is sick. I just got the really fat ghost. :(

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Monowhatever posted:

This looks like the image hidden in the Destiny 2 reveal invites, a little.

Star maps seem a theme for Bungo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Monowhatever posted:

I really like the bonus for fast lane ghost - says it makes sparrow summon faster but basically feels instant, even on sparrows with no summon speed bonus.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
in all fairness, the bonuses for the exotic ghosts are very good qol features and are about as close to p2w as destiny has gotten.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

CONTENT

https://giant.gfycat.com/OrnateObeseChinchilla.webm

The pre-patch comparison can be found here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbxJCcqQvXU

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I swear this game still has some sort of performance bug involving over polling other players. I can stay a solid 60 FPS as long as I stay away from public events. As soon as I hit a public event, I drop to 50 FPS, even after the event. Going back to the tower seems to reset the issue.

I don't have this problem in any other multi-character events, like strikes or crucible. Just public events seem to trigger it.

EDIT: ^^^^ That recovery thing is very helpful, I was wondering how the values had changed. My 5 recovery hunter seems a lot less squishy now.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i mean regardless of the information it conveys that's kind of a neat gif

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

i mean regardless of the information it conveys that's kind of a neat gif

Well, yes. It's enjoyable to watch AND informative for people who want to know exactly what the difference between 3 and 7 recovery is.

Pause it at 14 seconds and it'll show once Recovery 10 hits full health, where the other recoveries sit. Super helpful.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Crimson, the new exotic kinetic handcannon, runs out of ammo too easily. It has the same ammo reserve as a typical handcannon, but the three-round burst isn't more powerful then the normal one shot. So essentially the same total damage output but a third of the rounds to do it with...
If it weren't for that, it could be really strong and fun if you forget that it feels like any boring pulse rifle.

The sight combined with how the gun recoils is hot garbage though.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

khy posted:

Well, yes. It's enjoyable to watch AND informative for people who want to know exactly what the difference between 3 and 7 recovery is.

Pause it at 14 seconds and it'll show once Recovery 10 hits full health, where the other recoveries sit. Super helpful.

Yup, it looks like having 5-6 recovery is a waste. Either sit go ham and get 7+ or sit at 4 and invest in the other stats.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

treizebee posted:

Crimson, the new exotic kinetic handcannon, runs out of ammo too easily. It has the same ammo reserve as a typical handcannon, but the three-round burst isn't more powerful then the normal one shot. So essentially the same total damage output but a third of the rounds to do it with...
If it weren't for that, it could be really strong and fun if you forget that it feels like any boring pulse rifle.

The sight combined with how the gun recoils is hot garbage though.

haha what's the point of making a handcannon with a 3 shot burst if you're going to make them average out to a single shot anyway, just make the gun shoot one shot

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Monowhatever posted:

I haven't been able to figure out what gun telemetry even does and whether it's worth the perk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

scuz posted:

I haven't been able to figure out what gun telemetry even does and whether it's worth the perk.

Gun telemetry basically sometimes gives you extra gunsmith parts to turn into Banshee.

• Locked thread