Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Silencer - Sterile Nails and Thunderbowels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Weaponized Cum posted:

Here are the best from the year from the Profound Lore guy https://www.instagram.com/p/BcNW_iQlSIL/

Awesome thank you he rules

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

murked by dragon posted:

apparently the faceless released an album yesterday? last i heard from them michael keene was being a drug addled piece of poo poo or something.

they didn't turn up to their Aus/NZ shows because of his drug problems or something like that, which is a cool way to get people to dislike your band.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I see the Artificial Brain album on a lot of your lists. I hadn't checked it out until now and it's loving killer.

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

that's it! thanks!

Opulent Ceremony
Feb 22, 2012

Spatulater bro! posted:

I see the Artificial Brain album on a lot of your lists. I hadn't checked it out until now and it's loving killer.

Yea just like with their first album theirs was easily the best thing of the year. Also that Faceless albums sucks just like the last one, probably hopeless to think they will repeat Planetary Duality at this point.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/TheRegister/status/937666338729922560

the future is now

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i know black metal is formulaic as hell, but that's just silly

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i know black metal is formulaic as hell, but that's just silly

they also did https://dadabots.bandcamp.com/album/calculating-calculating-infinity

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Henchman of Santa posted:

Nobody said anything about his actual music, but he undeniably has an annoying nerd fanbase of a different variety than most.

his non-SYL material really isn’t that great though

late as gently caress but that's a bad opinion

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’m not feeling the new Artificial Brain. Am I alone? I like them a lot but none of this is hitting me like I would expect. They’re a dense band so maybe it’s a grower not a shower.

e: some good riffs just kicked in hmmmm

Chromatic posted:

late as gently caress but that's a bad opinion

+he keeps getting better, it’s crazy considering how long he has been around

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Dec 5, 2017

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Going to see The Faceless tomorrow in Dallas. I'm not a fan, but one of our local boys just joined them as their drummer and I'm just so happy for him.

I hope he's getting along well with druggie mcdrugface.

kumba posted:

That Archspire record is wild

The beginning of track 6 sounds like they used a slapchop as an instrument

Maybe I've just never heard a Slap Chop before. To me, it sounds like machine gun fire... Because it's machine gun fire. And it cracks me up that they paired it up with the vocals. The band seems to be really self aware of how ridiculously fast that guy is, there are even tongue-in-cheek lyric videos on YouTube that you can't read.

They opened with that song live and it was so awesome.

The Ferret King fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Dec 5, 2017

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Some incredible person made a spotify playlist of like all the "major/good" metal releases and stuff that got solid recommendations itc at the end of last year and linked it here, I don't remember who it was but if you did it again this year please hook a brother up.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I finally got around to listening to the Spectral Voice full+length and it's a monster of a record. I got some major Anhedonist vibes from it at times and it made me so happy.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Working my way through people's end of year lists, that Couch Slut record is really good, and lyrically very disturbing.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I'm not a huge fan of Samael, although I loving love "Blood Ritual", but their newest album "Hegemony" is really good.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

il_cornuto posted:

Working my way through people's end of year lists, that Couch Slut record is really good, and lyrically very disturbing.

I haven't read through their lyrics yet but Couch Slut makes for amazing music to get work done to.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Couch Slut rules and I'm sure the singer is deranged irl

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
yeah couch slut is cool as gently caress and definitely one of the best woman fronted metalish groups

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

I follow the singer of Couch Slut on twitter. She used to constantly send pics of mutilated dicks and squids being shoved up dude's assholes to alt-right/nazis until she was temp suspended for it. Owns.

Kilometers Davis posted:

+he keeps getting better, it’s crazy considering how long he has been around

Casualities is easily one of the best things he's ever done.

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 5, 2017

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

edit: double post

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Chromatic posted:

I follow the singer of Couch Slut on twitter. She used to constantly send pics of mutilated dicks and squids being shoved up dude's assholes to alt-right/nazis until she was temp suspended for it. Owns.

Casualities is easily one of the best things he's ever done.

That does own, and if you haven't seen/heard the Casualties of Cool live at Union Chapel concert you should check it out sometime.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

joylessdivision posted:

I'm not a huge fan of Samael, although I loving love "Blood Ritual", but their newest album "Hegemony" is really good.

What do they even sound like nowadays?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’m not feeling the new Artificial Brain. Am I alone? I like them a lot but none of this is hitting me like I would expect. They’re a dense band so maybe it’s a grower not a shower.

e: some good riffs just kicked in hmmmm
Listen to "Estranged from Orbit" like half a dozen times on repeat, just let it soak in in the background while you do something else, then come back to the album with a new take

e: all you Artificial Brain fans you haven't heard the new Gigan are selling your year-end lists short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScSmglL9Seo

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

This is actually kind of terrifying to listen to.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

sounds like a cross between lethargy and mick barr's non-krallice stuff

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Apparently Inquisitor got back together and made some new stuff? Pretty sick death/thrash, not as cool as Sabbath of Lust but after 20 years about as good as could be expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuYBvY3W1ag

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

A human heart posted:

What do they even sound like nowadays?

Ceremony of Opposites with the symphonic elements cranked to 11 and a slick modern production.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Oldstench posted:

Ceremony of Opposites with the symphonic elements cranked to 11 and a slick modern production.

Yeah that's actually a really good way to describe it.

david crosby
Mar 2, 2007

Vulture Culture posted:

e: all you Artificial Brain fans you haven't heard the new Gigan are selling your year-end lists short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScSmglL9Seo

Counterpoint: it's not that good.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

david crosby posted:

Counterpoint: it's not that good.
I've been working on myself this year and one thing I'm really proud of is that it's okay to let people have bad opinions

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Oldstench posted:

Gross.

david crosby
Mar 2, 2007

Vulture Culture posted:

I've been working on myself this year and one thing I'm really proud of is that it's okay to let people have bad opinions

Thanks my man, Proud Of You.

I really wanted to love it, but it's just not noisy enough. It's worth listening to though.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Hot tips from the Gwar show: He Is Legend is terrible and Ghoul are loving great.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
A lot of people have been praising the new Samael despite not liking their other stuff and I'm very confused because it sounds just as corny as all the other stuff they've done in the last 20-odd years

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

cryme posted:

A lot of people have been praising the new Samael despite not liking their other stuff and I'm very confused because it sounds just as corny as all the other stuff they've done in the last 20-odd years

Worship Him was the last great Samuel album. It's been down hill ever since.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Worship Him was the last great Samuel album. It's been down hill ever since.

Blood Ritual is really good.

And I don't know why this album hits better for me than some of their others but it does. :shrug: it's metal, it doesn't always make sense.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Okay whomever put Igorrr's newest into their album of the year list:

What the loving poo poo is this band. I'm confused by every single track.

...can't stop listening to it, either, so uh.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

silvergoose posted:

Yeah, Igorrr is really something strange

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

silvergoose posted:

This post made me curious. I am a few tracks into this album, and it rules.

What the gently caress do you even call this genre of music

Kinda reminds me of Hail Spirit Noir but with the weirdness tuned up to 10.