Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
khy
Aug 15, 2005

Waffle House posted:

Mobs/players that are Shoulder Chargeable:

You misunderstand what I was saying; With the Insurmountable Skullfort exotic, a shoulder charge kill would refill melee energy completely, and allow you to shoulder charge infinitely (And since charge grants grenade energy, you could spam a TON of grenades). But in the Leviathan raid (Before Tuesday's patch at least, I haven't tested it yet post-patch), red bar legionnaires and phalanxes could survive a shoulder charge without dying if they were at full health. Charging one of them would not refill melee, it'd go on cooldown. Dogs and Psions WOULD die to a shoulder charge even at full, so you'd have to be a little strategic about when to use it to ensure you always get your melee energy back.

explosivo posted:

I guess I shouldn't have said a waste, but like you said the positives of having the War Rig equipped outweigh the benefits of the Skullfort in almost all situations.
Eh, I'd say they're fairly equal. Most fights with big boss enemies have lots of weak adds to replenish ammo, which means tons of opportunities for the skullfort to refill your grenades and thus Skullfort pulls way ahead in damage in those situations. Rig also does absolutely nothing at all if you like hand cannons or scout rifles. On the other hand, War Rig is much simpler and requires no thought, and doesn't put you in melee which can be safer. Skullfort is also useless if you're a Sentinel or a Sunbreaker.

Personally I like Skullfort for Leviathan or Nightfalls, War Rig for all other PvE activities, and Synthoceps for PvP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Dunemarchers and Alpha Lupi are both perfectly valid pve Titan exotics. I'd include Khepri in there but I haven't gotten them yet to try them out.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Alls I know is that any Clan Engrams you had at Hawthorne went POOF when Season 2 started

Those engrams get automatically deencrypted at week reset, which is how people got the season 2 Trials weapons already.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

scuz posted:

Ever jumped off of a high cliff into a mob and charged 'em, killing them and saving yourself from a drop that would surely have killed you?

Man, is that fun.

Yep. It and the Hunter dodge can be skillfully timed to mitigate fall damage. I mostly do this in PVE, as Crucible maps don’t currently have a ton of verticality.

khy posted:

You misunderstand what I was saying; With the Insurmountable Skullfort exotic, a shoulder charge kill would refill melee energy completely, and allow you to shoulder charge infinitely (And since charge grants grenade energy, you could spam a TON of grenades)..

I may have misunderstood, but are you sure they’re not Orange-Bar mobs, or whatever that weird color for the “tougher” intermediary non-Yellowbar mobs that is? Like Daemons in the Forest?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i thought shoulder charge was only aoe with one version of the striker subclasses

which is insane with the skullfort don't get me wrong

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Eej posted:

Those engrams get automatically deencrypted at week reset, which is how people got the season 2 Trials weapons already.

Have you experienced that first-hand? I'd heard it too but I don't think it's true. I'm in a highly active clan and I did not log on in the month of November. December 1st I had no items at the postmaster and about 15 items to pick up at Hawthorne (like, multiple Raid weapons, multiple Crucible weapons, etc).

The clan earned the Trials welfare engram on December 3rd and when I logged in on the 5th for CoO there was again nada at the postmaster or Hawthorne.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

i thought shoulder charge was only aoe with one version of the striker subclasses

which is insane with the skullfort don't get me wrong

Its also the only subclass that gets shoulder charge

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

scuz posted:

Ever jumped off of a high cliff into a mob and charged 'em, killing them and saving yourself from a drop that would surely have killed you?

Man, is that fun.

Not really the same but I almost died jumping off the pyramidion the other day. First I was dumb and wasted my warlock glide while I was still very high up. But I still had enough time and presence of mind to remember my insta-summon sparrow, and just jumped again before it exploded against the ground. It was kinda neat

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Waffle House posted:

I may have misunderstood, but are you sure they’re not Orange-Bar mobs, or whatever that weird color for the “tougher” intermediary non-Yellowbar mobs that is? Like Daemons in the Forest?

I'm one hundred percent sure. Before Tuesday, the Legionnaires and Phalanxes throughout the Leviathan (I've personally tried it on the Gauntlet ones, the CTF ones, and the Calus encounter ones) were red bar mobs that wouldn't die instantly to a shoulder charge, even for a 303 light titan. The Psions and Dogs always would.

Hopefully I can get a raid in tomorrow to confirm if anything's different in that regard.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i cannot say anything about shoulder checking dudes in raids and nightfalls but i will confirm that legionnaires needed softening up before shoulder checking if you didn't want to ruin your skullfort streak

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

khy posted:

Don't you have to equip the raid armor to use those ornaments?

this is going back, but it also appears that the ornaments we’re seeing are for the EoW drops, not the vanilla raid drops. it would also explain why they look insanely different

the vanilla raid items don’t seem to have ornament slots

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Hey, one thing I never thought to check, does weapon handling also impact how fast your weapon readies after a melee strike?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

i cannot say anything about shoulder checking dudes in raids and nightfalls but i will confirm that legionnaires needed softening up before shoulder checking if you didn't want to ruin your skullfort streak

After tuesday, don't legos die to a single shoulder charge when doing PEs? I didn't get a chance to play yesterday so I'm remembering from two days ago, but IIRC I was one-shotting legos when doing drill PEs.

If so, there's a good chance Leviathan's changed as well.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

this is going back, but it also appears that the ornaments we’re seeing are for the EoW drops, not the vanilla raid drops. it would also explain why they look insanely different

the vanilla raid items don’t seem to have ornament slots

Really? I'd swear 100% I looked at my titan butt towel and Preview'd the ornament.

I was under the impression that EoW did not have any unique weapons or armor and just spat out more of the Leviathan stuff. I thought the whole deal was that EoW was how you got the Ornaments?

Fuuuuuck I know nothing

Checking DIM, looks like they don't have ornament slots.

Sheeee-it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

khy posted:

After tuesday, don't legos die to a single shoulder charge when doing PEs? I didn't get a chance to play yesterday so I'm remembering from two days ago, but IIRC I was one-shotting legos when doing drill PEs.

If so, there's a good chance Leviathan's changed as well.

I haven't taken my striker out for a spin yet since Tuesday! You'll probably be able to confirm before I can

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
I wish destiny gave me more reasons to stick around aside from the weekly powerful engrams and doing the raid once a week (I'm not much of a PvP fan), but I much prefer it to just about every themepark MMO I've ever played. I feel like the bulk of more traditional MMOs ends up being an unconscionable number of lovely fetch quests to get you to the level cap, followed by an end-game treadmill that usually involves doing lovely raids, too many times, with too many people. Destiny leaves me wanting more, but at least I genuinely enjoy the time I spend with it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I will also say if you are running skullfort, and it happens to be that legionnaires still can take a charge to the face and keep on trucking, the AOE version is your baby because if the splash takes out an unlucky psion that still counts for your skullfort.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Shoulder Charge is definitely OHKOing basic Legionnaires in PEs, Forest and Strikes for me as of this morning.

E: Just tested it, raid Legionnaire's are not getting one shot (313 PL) and presumably neither will Nightfall ones, but of course that's impossible to test this week because bleh.

Orv fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 8, 2017

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

khy posted:

I'm one hundred percent sure. Before Tuesday, the Legionnaires and Phalanxes throughout the Leviathan (I've personally tried it on the Gauntlet ones, the CTF ones, and the Calus encounter ones) were red bar mobs that wouldn't die instantly to a shoulder charge, even for a 303 light titan. The Psions and Dogs always would.

Hopefully I can get a raid in tomorrow to confirm if anything's different in that regard.

Interesting. I may try to hop in; I still haven’t done the raid on PC at all.

My dreg/psion-Bowling record stands at 6.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Waffle House posted:

Interesting. I may try to hop in; I still haven’t done the raid on PC at all.

My dreg/psion-Bowling record stands at 6.

I'm PRETTY sure I got around 10 dogs once (The hallway full of dogs in Calus' ship on the last mission), but since there was no pop-up notification I cannot be sure. It was hectic. But amazing. Entire screen glowed bright white/blue.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I collected all the region chests on Mercury and the last one gave me two purples and a blue. Is extra loot from getting all the region chests a thing or did I just get lucky?

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

khy posted:

I'm PRETTY sure I got around 10 dogs once (The hallway full of dogs in Calus' ship on the last mission), but since there was no pop-up notification I cannot be sure. It was hectic. But amazing. Entire screen glowed bright white/blue.

The only fun part of running through the campaign for the 4-6th time to get my PC guys through it after PS4 was that dog room, you can get a big chain reaction using Sunshot if you run around in circles to get them all stacked up.

This game needs a defend the base style horde mode, cursed birthday party thralls would be so good.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i finally. after 50 turn-ins, got my antiope

thank gently caress that was tedious

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Is the dumb weapon ruining crucible hotfixed yet?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Norns posted:

World of Warcraft multiple times left like 11 to 13 month content gaps at the end of their expansions

at least wow only had one cataclysm

destiny'll probably make one more game that abandons all the content before lackluster sales kill the series. :rip:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
i've figured out what the curse of osiris is, hot lore spoilers coming up: it's his sexy, sexy voice

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
Crucible is such poo poo right now. I was really enjoying it last week.

Orv
May 4, 2011
For days you have been asking, does Curse of Osiris have real substantive problems? Today I give you that answer.

They changed how Better Devils sounds, riot in the streets, crucify Bungo.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Milky Moor posted:

i've figured out what the curse of osiris is, hot lore spoilers coming up: it's his sexy, sexy voice

Well, yeah. It's Oded loving Fehr

*edit -

TheRagamuffin posted:

Really? Gad drat, I was literally chatting with buddies last night going "huh, Osiris sounds an awful lot like that guy from The Mummy. No, not the Tom Cruise one."

:hfive: He's the best part of 'em. Really all I want next is to mount up on Sparrows with Osiris and charge an army of ossified Vex while he handsomely points a khopesh at them

isk fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Dec 8, 2017

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

isk posted:

Well, yeah. It's Oded loving Fehr

Really? Gad drat, I was literally chatting with buddies last night going "huh, Osiris sounds an awful lot like that guy from The Mummy. No, not the Tom Cruise one."

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Minrad posted:

at least wow only had one cataclysm

destiny'll probably make one more game that abandons all the content before lackluster sales kill the series. :rip:

i hate to break this to you, but destiny 2 has sold absolutely crazy numbers and despite what Reddit would have you believe it will probably continue to do well

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

After eons of searching for Uriel's Gift before the DLC, Positive Outlook comes along and makes it obsolete. Not even 20 minutes after acquiring a new Outlook on life, Uriel's Gift finally decides to grace my inventory. I swear the RNG in this game is designed to troll the player.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i hate to break this to you, but destiny 2 has sold absolutely crazy numbers and despite what Reddit would have you believe it will probably continue to do well

I think he meant expansion sales and not base game sales. Though perhaps he means of newcomers who hear how great it is and decide to join in. I know D1 was stated as having a lot of problems at launch, how much additional sales did the later expansions get compared to release?

I have hope for the future, Bungie CAN turn this around and make D2 into the amazing game it COULD be. Will they? I dunno. The patch on Tuesday and the one next week are good starts though.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So in PvE Khepri's is pretty fun. With the somewhat overcompensating buffs to other grenades, Thermal Grenades on Sunbreaker now do absurd amounts of damage, and you can get another source of extremely high damage from the line of fire the Barricade summon puts out. Coupled with the bottom Sunbreaker tree, since the Barricade kills also create sun spots, you can basically just run into a dude, kill him with the Barricade/melee/grenade and stand there regenning abilities while you fight from behind the Barricade.

Granted, it's still not as good as other subclass exotics for Titans, but it's nice to have because the other option is the Don't Use Your Super exotic when the only real reason you should be Sunbreaker in PvE anyway is for ranged Strike bosses.

Due some testing in PvP though, if it puts out as much hurt as I expect you can do some real dumb things with it.

E: Unrelated, abuse Fighting Lion while it's good, I'm sure they won't let it stay good.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Cowcaster posted:

the single most important thing about better devils is that the explosion from the explosive rounds doesn't have falloff damage
The single most important thing about explosion damage is that they deal nearly twice the damage on BODY shots.

Buying into the "No falloff!" gimmick was just leaving me disappointed. Due to realizing how often my explosive guns were only dealing as much, or LESS damage on headshots. "Good thing my Better Devils has NO FALLOFF on the explosions!... Oh my Bad News still outdamages it on headshots from this extreme range." Same deal playing with my Nameless Midnight and comparing it to other scouts with a much lower light level.

But shoot something in the dick from a mile away, and you're gonna get good results compared to it's peers. Because it deals that much more raw damage on bodyshots in the first place, even if explosions had falloff it would win out on dick shooting.

Enemies that need three of four body shots point blank with other handcannons, will die in two body shots from the Better Devils. Many enemies that will survive a single body shot with a normal hand cannon, will die in one. Tired of aiming for handgun headshots against psions on some distant ledge? Better Devils will one-shot that with a body shot.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Dec 8, 2017

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Oof, Reddit will not like this response:

TWAB posted:

Trophies and Achievements
We are aware that there are some Destiny 2 trophies and achievements that have become unavailable to players who have not purchased Curse of Osiris. We are committed to fixing this issue, and are currently investigating a solution. Please stay tuned for more updates on this topic as progress is made.

Missing the point a bit here!

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Loving the new FWC looks.

My space shooter needs more space and less Medieval.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

This game is like going for lunch with that awful guy in your office who just bought an SRT Hellcat.

He's just a really dumb guy. He means well most of the time but he's constantly loving things up that you have to fix, and he absolutely never, ever learns from his mistakes or listens to anyone's suggestions. He always wants to go to Buffalo Wild Wings, and you know that if you go with him you'll be sleepy all afternoon and probably regret it.

But that Hellcat. God, it's a stupid car. Yes, it wants to kill you. But are you really going to turn down a ride in a thing that puts down 707 horsepower? Even if the guy at the wheel is a total idiot?

No. You'll go for that ride every single time, and you'll eat the stupid wings, you'll listen to his lovely stories about his frat days and you'll want to throw up on the way back. And you'll do it again tomorrow.

Mods, please find a way to make this the thread title.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

pmchem posted:

Is the dumb weapon ruining crucible hotfixed yet?

Apparently it will be fixed on Tuesday with patch 1.1.1
e: which means Trials will be live with the gun in this state lol

There is a tweet from some bungie dev that states this but it is impossible to track down any source of news from bungo

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
In This Week at Bungie they literally said to "be nice" to people that don't have it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

treizebee posted:

Apparently it will be fixed on Tuesday with patch 1.1.1
e: which means Trials will be live with the gun in this state lol

There is a tweet from some bungie dev that states this but it is impossible to track down any source of news from bungo

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46526

quote:

The Prometheus Lens Exotic Trace Rifle is currently impacted by an issue where the damage output is higher than intended.
Note: We’re addressing the issue as soon as we can. Trials of the Nine is still on this weekend.

quote:

Jon: Hello Guardians. First item of business: We know about the Prometheus Lens. It’s not what we intended. The weapon shipped with a bug, which we intend to fix with Destiny Update 1.1.1, along with everything else in the December update. Until then, please go easy on the players who have yet to get their hands on one (we know you won’t, but it’s been said).

• Locked thread