Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

G0RF posted:

Can the curse be broken? Finally?

A blessed picture

What, you don't believe in the first shitposting amendment?

:justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

G0RF posted:

God, all their third party stuff looks like trash.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

G0RF posted:

How was that HOTAS even supposed to work it looks like a complete mess?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016
Thread is great.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Sarsapariller posted:

God, all their third party stuff looks like trash.

Much like their first party stuff.

History Comes Inside! posted:

How was that HOTAS even supposed to work it looks like a complete mess?

... Much like their first party stuff?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
The thing I want most in my game isn't to be able to get out of my door, isn't to be able to get into the pilot's chair without exploding, isn't to be able to fly my ship without the game crashing unexpectedly, isn't to be able to complete one of the dumbass busywork missions, it's to have my Space Ken roughly approximate my facial expressions on the rare occasions he's not wearing an enormous Doom helmet.

Also, I am not a hardcore gaming person, but according to a reliable observer, my expression while gaming is indistinguishable from my expression while threading a needle. I can't be alone in that.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I want to wear a predator mask and broadcast my face opening up

I think it would be neat to see how the game tried to make sense of it

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

That's basic Bitcoin back history. Bruce Wagner being outed as a pedo because he wanted the global conference to be in Pattaya predates even johnniewalker hammering slag metal in a basement.

Brazil.txt is the Bitcoin version of Stimpire.txt.

XK fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Dec 8, 2017

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

BluesShaman posted:

I missed page

Getting psyched for page 6666.

Page 4444 is both nearer and more significant.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lol if you guys think you're gonna get to page 6666 this time

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Spiderdrake posted:

I actually wonder sometimes what elements you would need to change to make this game possible to produce. It feels like half the problems are technical impossibilities the thumb that walks like a man promised out of ignorance and the other half are stupid fidelity things no one will give a poo poo about at release.

Pretty much this. The original game was doable. What's being promised now...........As the Dali Smart said, "some things haven't been done because they can't be done."

In one of the PTU patch notes, they halved the NPC's to improve FPS.

Yet they talk about being able to have a ship with 1000 separate pieces of cargo?
That thing explodes like a pinata and the server lets out one painful groan , throws its hands in the air, spins around twice for dramatic affect, then dies.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Beet Wagon posted:

Dreamkiller

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Only 240 bugs before 3.0 goes live

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
glitch pig

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
I saw thing thing on Twitter, the games of 2017 presented as a screenshot from the Simpsons

https://twitter.com/ColdmanHot/status/938764309118771200

I present to you Star Citizen (Cloud Imperium Games, PC)

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

rsi facescam

why would you name your company repetitive strain injury anyway?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
help me, I can't stop rewatching the 3.0 Jesus patch youtube videos. They're so good to watch...

And by that I mean I'm ODing on schadenfreude of the players' rage

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

no_recall posted:

Fuckin caught up with the thread.

Seems like "Holiday Sale" Ended on the Funding Tracker. So lets announce the winners!

[Winners are defined by the closest estimated guess]
Total Earnings in Holiday Sale: $7,848,797

THE TOP 3!
1. Sandweed 7.4
2. Sarsapariller 7.3
3. Tokamak 7.2

Consolation prizes : everyone who participated. (Until I run out of Steam Keys)

This just makes me laugh everytime: VealCutlet 48.9 million calories for lesnick that is.
Thanks all for participating. I'll be PMing the prizes when I get back from work.

I just got your message with my consolation prize, thank you! Best part is that it's a game I wanted to play for quite some time too! :woop:

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

The most important page will be 4242.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Uc_wUCenI&t=121s

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
was that posted already?

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Toops posted:

was that posted already?

Yep, the warlord himself posred it.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

XK posted:

That's basic Bitcoin back history. Bruce Wagner being outed as a pedo because he wanted the global conference to be in Pattaya predates even johnniewalker hammering slag metal in a basement.

Brazil.txt is the Bitcoin version of Stimpire.txt.

Good times, good times. Now Star Citizen just needs to cross over with Malatora and SEA PATROL to combine all the things that drew me here.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Thank you

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Hav posted:

I wonder how they picked facewaretech to partn...

Oh.

Anyone on Canada want to put down the Hockey sticks and stop molesting a moose to go to this?

"including the groundbreaking technology"

Huh?

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

Toops posted:

was that posted already?

I don't mind, I finally watched it because of your link, so gracias. Nice to see someone with a larger viewerbase calling out:

1. The Game

2. The Community

3. The Commander In Christ Roberts

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Sure, it's groundbreaking, but that ground is the foundation and now we're going to fail inspection gj

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Haha holy poo poo I never realized that beautiful features tracker has a chat box

quote:

Mon Dec 4, 6:55:01am

anon4124: Some of the ships mentioned above have been playable for months now.If you don't want people to question your integrity please update old promises before adding recent ones such as the hawk and hammerhead.

Tracker is 0.3% inaccurate better question its integrity!!!

(It straight up says it isn't 100% accurate)

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spiderdrake posted:

Haha holy poo poo I never realized that beautiful features tracker has a chat box

Tracker is 0.3% inaccurate better question its integrity!!!

(It straight up says it isn't 100% accurate)

they havent had an update since april. Its not like it hard to keep up with. Fix the loving tracker or delete it. Makes people like mothman look smarter than us....again

And that last line. Its worse than 'its Alpha!!'. grow up

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Hav posted:

CCP just refined out the whale model, but in this regard the whale is a paying subscriber. Opening the gates to everyone produces the content for the whales to consume. That they also closed the grey cash market by having a interchange between ingame currency and real money in terms of Plex.

So ingame, you can buy a plex and use it against your subscription, or you can sell it. Once you've bought a plex, you can also resell it. And they can be destroyed.

https://www.themarysue.com/eve-players-destroy-money-plex/ - there are a tonne more examples, but it tightened the real cash to fake currency loop outside of alliance meta-transactions.

It's actually a hugely simple system where it allows people to both get a taste and to engage in the usual low level shenanigans for free, building content through the free people being part of the product.

Of course, the only way to win is not to play.

Look at this guy defending Pay2Win.

How many 4x4km land pegs do you own Commando?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

May have been posted before but it's a good overview. I am glad that people are talking about the performance issues. Citizens do a lot of gymnastics to avoid the topic and really, if you're just looking at screenshots, it's a very pretty game (sometimes). It's way too easy to get hyped for the game and buy it without ever hearing about how bad it actually runs, so more visibility for the issues is a must.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

Chris Roberts is probably reading about Bitcoin in the news lately. In 2 weeks time CIG will announce they're releasing their very own Roberts Space Coin, the official cryptocurrency of the Verse!

I would immediately buy in and cash out a month later.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

which is the 3.0 jesus video again?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

juggalo baby coffin posted:

which is the 3.0 jesus video again?

All of them, if you're a shitizen.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

We will just organize another coup d'etat in time and dethrone the current dictators.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

trucutru posted:

We will just organize another coup d'etat in time and dethrone the current dictators.

Lowtax will personally come down from on high, and gas the thread at 6659.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

AP posted:

You really think that?
Don't think, :justpost:.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Hobold posted:

Lowtax will personally come down from on high, and gas the thread at 6659.

A lot of good people are waiting for ship jpegs from our dear Richard

I hope they are posted on that page at the very moment it is gassed

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

AlbieQuirky posted:

The thing I want most in my game isn't to be able to get out of my door, isn't to be able to get into the pilot's chair without exploding, isn't to be able to fly my ship without the game crashing unexpectedly, isn't to be able to complete one of the dumbass busywork missions, it's to have my Space Ken roughly approximate my facial expressions on the rare occasions he's not wearing an enormous Doom helmet.

Also, I am not a hardcore gaming person, but according to a reliable observer, my expression while gaming is indistinguishable from my expression while threading a needle. I can't be alone in that.

When I play competitive games my face ends up looking like a very concerned baby. Shooting a person in PUBG? Concerned baby. Down to half life in Tekken7? Concerned baby.

I'm not actually a baby irl but sometimes I'm not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

:golfclap: