Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I just need a good sniper for saving AR ammo and picking off mist monsters. It's been a real PITA to find one AND level it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah I dunno. PvE has completely turned me off with schematic XP. Having to use the same guns for 10-20 hours is too much.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
Do we have a discord or anything to look for groups? I'm new to BR and the "official discord" is all elitist assholes that want 2-3+ kd minimum.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me
I made one way back at release of the PvE mode, in the OP, but it doesn't get used much for multiplayer.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZcuF1T4Vxw

:vince:

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005
There is zero chance that what occurs in that trailer will ever actually happen in game. Kind of a fun mode, but seems to swing in one team's favor very early.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Cat’s out of the bag. Proud to say I was previs team lead on about 50% of that trailer. Hope everyone enjoys the 50v50 mode!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Ahaha, gently caress yeah. This game owns.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Here's my breakdown of my first match: boringboringboringboringboringHOLYSHITCATSANDDOGSMASSHYSTERIAALLTHEBULLETSALLTHETIME!

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
This game is a pretty cool glace at what PUBG might have been, had the developers all been molested.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

teagone posted:

Ahaha, gently caress yeah. This game owns.

Absolutelly. This is madness, and I love every bit of it.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Earlier this week the PvE Vindertech event quests were hard to finish because doing 34 or 40+ missions with storms was nearly impossible in Plankerton, they just didn't show up much. Tonight there's a lot more of them available at 34, 40, and 46. It's much better and will make finishing part 8 possible without being in Canny Valley yet (I'm behind on my questing since I spend a lot of time doing event stuff I guess).

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

50v50 is the greatest thing. Holy poo poo is it fun when you have a huge group running and gunning together and building a giant gently caress off base.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Rexxed posted:

Earlier this week the PvE Vindertech event quests were hard to finish because doing 34 or 40+ missions with storms was nearly impossible in Plankerton, they just didn't show up much. Tonight there's a lot more of them available at 34, 40, and 46. It's much better and will make finishing part 8 possible without being in Canny Valley yet (I'm behind on my questing since I spend a lot of time doing event stuff I guess).

Could also join a canny valley person's group.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

teagone posted:

50v50 is the greatest thing. Holy poo poo is it fun when you have a huge group running and gunning together and building a giant gently caress off base.

Personally, I think is the type of thing that will get old fast. But is a timed event so is fine.

I have not played it yet, but I think it would have work better with the circle getting smaller in a place that is marked from the begin. So is 50v50 king of the hilll mode instead of TDM.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I'm gonna need 50v50 to be a permanent playlist. Those end gunfight are so nuts.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Tei posted:

Personally, I think is the type of thing that will get old fast. But is a timed event so is fine.

I have not played it yet, but I think it would have work better with the circle getting smaller in a place that is marked from the begin. So is 50v50 king of the hilll mode instead of TDM.

Play it. Also, it's hilarious when a huge group gets caught in the storm and you see a bunch of them dropping like flies.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Tei posted:

It sucks when you’re with a squad and run into 15 guys but on the other hands it’s so fun when you’re in the opposite scenario.

The mode makes the beginning and end fights so much more fun, but makes the middle drag when it’s just two big groups all running together looking for each other

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
The game gets pretty crazy when you're on the losing side of a 2v20. No one knows where the last 2 are and just go kinda nuts. I was able to down like 5 people as they all tried to rush my 1 by 1 but obviously there's no time to fully kill them so it's a hopeless cause. I wonder if players should just die instantly rather than going into down status like a normal squad game.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Not sure why a new mode is taking a 3.3gb patch however...

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Just got 11 kills plus the finishing blow in a 50v50 - this was also the first game where I saw multiple swings in the team count lead and where the end was actually a somewhat interesting base v base situation with some players layout out horizontal jump pads at spots where we might need to pass while taking fire etc. This game mode has a lot of potential but needs some sort of polish I can't quite put my finger on.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Just loaded this up and tried a few pvp games for the first time. Is this game always a laggy pos or is it just recently?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Its not laggy at all. Somethings wrong on your end.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I was getting a bunch of lag even in PVE earlier, I think it was just some hiccups on their end.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
As with all battle royale games they reduce the tick rate on updates for certain events (breaking boxes, opening doors etc) during the early game when there are 100 players spamming the server with movement updates and actions.

Otherwise this is consistently the least laggy, most well optimized BR game I've played.

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005

Super Rad posted:

A lot of potential but needs some sort of polish I can't quite put my finger on.

I'd really like to see some preset buildable structures (for higher material cost) rather than having end game so often come down to who can best fumble through the building controls (especially in 1 v 100 on console). A one click 3 walls and a ramp sort of thing, for example, to reduce the stairway to nowhere clutter that so often gets panic spammed by the bulk of players.

Maybe structure blueprints could drop as an item? Legendary structure drops that plop down a house in one shot would be absolutely hilarious.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Super Rad posted:

Just got 11 kills plus the finishing blow in a 50v50 - this was also the first game where I saw multiple swings in the team count lead and where the end was actually a somewhat interesting base v base situation with some players layout out horizontal jump pads at spots where we might need to pass while taking fire etc. This game mode has a lot of potential but needs some sort of polish I can't quite put my finger on.

More loot on landing and having the zone where you can see your teammates slightly bigger

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

For some reason there are a lot of lag spikes (other than the usual when somebody join) that where not before. Also lots of new bigs that did not appear before. Here in the PvE side of things the game is getting worse for some reason (?). I attribute it to maybe we are playing a temporal version that don't have enhancements and with the next event we will get them. I hope they fix it has I have not interest in playing the pvp game long term.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Just Chamber posted:

Just loaded this up and tried a few pvp games for the first time. Is this game always a laggy pos or is it just recently?

Game has been butter smooth on my end since it launched.

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005

A Typical Goon posted:

More loot on landing and having the zone where you can see your teammates slightly bigger

Bigger teammate radar zone would definitely help to increase odds of a large scale shootout, which is fun. Also, maybe some kind of color coding of friendly and enemy structures. It's really hard to tell if you're just sniping holes in a friendly structure if theyre not within radar range. Heck it's hard to tell even when they *are* in range.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
I think proximity chat would also be good for 50 v 50 - last game I had 4 shields extra but my "squad" died and I had no idea what health/shield everyone else was at - nor could I communicate what I had for them effectively. Would also be good for taking charge and spotting enemies.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Tei posted:

For some reason there are a lot of lag spikes (other than the usual when somebody join) that where not before. Also lots of new bigs that did not appear before. Here in the PvE side of things the game is getting worse for some reason (?). I attribute it to maybe we are playing a temporal version that don't have enhancements and with the next event we will get them. I hope they fix it has I have not interest in playing the pvp game long term.

So far basically all bugs that you see now, were in last week as well. Then they fixed it, for like 3 days.

It's insanely annoying to see those bugs return, especially since you can so easily die because of them. Their response made me smile though, mostly because of the irony but still.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyYNhKdpX78

:stare:

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Picked a good day to start playing this game, the servers seem to be going up in flames, making it nigh impossible to join a party with friends.
When it works, 50v50 is unbelievably fun though. I haven't had a blast like this since classic Ace of Spades.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

50v50 last night with my buddy really was some of the most fun I have had in a video game, ever.

On par with getting Geralt drunk in Witcher 3

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

PvE chat hasn't worked in 3 days

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
It wasn't working for me yesterday but it is today.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Over the last 2 weekends I've had 6 PvP wins go unrecorded, feels bad.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Kylra posted:

It wasn't working for me yesterday but it is today.

Hasn't been available for days now, including yesterday/today.

Super Rad posted:

Over the last 2 weekends I've had 6 PvP wins go unrecorded, feels bad.

They're still working on getting their backlog live iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

50v50 wins don't count

• Locked thread