Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Kaubocks posted:

sold, holding you accountable if i hate it

I feel better when other people waste their money alongside me.

At the very least, enjoy the Kid Koala tracks! ;)

(Nah, seriously, so far I like it a lot!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I love how efficient these things can be when there's no need for 'always on'. I left my fully charged switch in its case for a little over two weeks and the battery is still at 62%.

Yeah I miss Streetpass but the battery life is great

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
I know Mario's Odyssey is POTY (Platformer of the Year) but I downloaded Spelunker Party last night and it's pretty rad. I tried the Japanese demo when it first came out and thought "This is okay" but felt like it was maybe :10bux: too much when the English release finally came out. It's been on sale for a while pretty much at the price point where I had thought "I'd probably buy it for that much" so I finally bought it.

The first reaction might be "man, I'm dying all the time, this fall damage is on some Mario in Donkey Kong poo poo" but once you get used to that the game is actually really fun, you just have to watch the environment and be considered and deliberate in your movements. The art is also really cute and yout get doggos which sit on your head sometimes

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
would preorder Bayonetta 2 Digital that came with Bayonetta 1 Digital but like, I can just buy them day one instead, so whatever really :shobon:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Does bayo2 digital come with 1 too?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Real hurthling! posted:

Probably not, I suspect the digital version will be just cheaper.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

On Wii U if you bought one of the Bayos digitally it just gave you a discount on the other so it'll probably just do that again.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I seem to have misplaced my Switch cable. Will any USB-C cable work? Like could I pick up an 8 dollar one at Target instead of buying a whole $30 replacement from Nintendo?

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Will the physical version of Bayonetta 2 have it for free? I'm not hard up for Bayonetta 1, but i'm lazy and don't want to putz with cables to hook up my 360

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Real hurthling! posted:

If you buy Bayo 2, it's $49.99 and makes Bayo $9.99. if you buy Bayo at $29.99, Bayo 2 is $29.99. Same as Wii U pricing

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Unmature posted:

I seem to have misplaced my Switch cable. Will any USB-C cable work? Like could I pick up an 8 dollar one at Target instead of buying a whole $30 replacement from Nintendo?

Hahaha no. The USB-C spec is a minefield, you'll have to google for a guide on trustworthy cables that people have tested with their Switch and verified it doesn't catch fire. FWIW I use an Anker USB-C charger and cable and they appear to work just as well as my dock.

acksplode fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Dec 9, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Infinitum posted:

Mario XCOM is really good though

It is but I think Xcom 2 WOTC is much better as a strategy game. I maintain that the way Mario Rabbid plays out is a lot more like a puzzle game.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I'm guessing Romancing SaGa 2 will probably be in the $10-15 range? Maybe $20 due to the updates?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Unmature posted:

Just get any 4.5 star or above on amazon, I’ve used a cable matters one for a while now and it’s fine.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

acksplode posted:

Hahaha no. The USB-C spec is a minefield, you'll have to google for a guide on trustworthy cables that people have tested with their Switch and verified it doesn't catch fire. FWIW I use an Anker USB-C charger and cable and they appear to work just as well as my dock.

There is nothing wrong with the spec, just people who make lovely non-complaint cables, as in most industries. The days of huge markups on cables (at least online) are long gone, you get what you pay for.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm guessing Romancing SaGa 2 will probably be in the $10-15 range? Maybe $20 due to the updates?

It's 18 bucks on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. The console versions are based on those mobile phone versions. Might be 20-25.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bloodplay it again posted:

If you buy Bayo 2, it's $49.99 and makes Bayo $9.99. if you buy Bayo at $29.99, Bayo 2 is $29.99. Same as Wii U pricing

Cool i already own bayo1

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Cool i already own bayo1

I doubt the Wii u version will count on the switch eshop for that discount, sadly.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LethalGeek posted:

I doubt the Wii u version will count on the switch eshop for that discount, sadly.

I meant i dont need to buy it again if i dont hafta

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Guess I was projecting a bit cause I wish I could move my license over lol.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

nessin posted:

There is nothing wrong with the spec, just people who make lovely non-complaint cables, as in most industries. The days of huge markups on cables (at least online) are long gone, you get what you pay for.

1) Shut up nerd 2) The spec gives manufacturers lots of options for which various standards for power and data transfer a given cable will support, which means there's a variety of cables out there that provide different and variously compatible features that are all technically "compliant" and all look the same. And if you mix and match cables and devices incorrectly, you might luck out and start a fire. This is called "a loving mess" that "sucks for consumers like you and I"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

LethalGeek posted:

Nah it reeks of console warrior nonsense so I will make fun it.

It's more that Nintendo has a broader fanbase, I guess. I don't know how else to put it. There are plenty of people that own an XBox or a PS4 that also have a Switch, but not many with both an XBox and a PS4.

Also even though the Wii U was bad it had good games.

I said come in! posted:

I own an Xbox One S, PS4 Pro, and Switch. :kiddo: I use to own a Wii U.

Rich/crazy people clearly don't count :colbert:

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 9, 2017

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I own an Xbox One S, PS4 Pro, and Switch. :kiddo: I use to own a Wii U.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/Nirbion/status/939249694814982144

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No no no no

Don't phunk with my heart

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mario Kart 8 is the biggest load of bullshit I have ever played in my life.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

That's probably the best name for a game port I've ever seen.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

How so? For different reasons than previous games? I mean, the only three I have played much were the original, Double Dash, and this one.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Did you get Blue Shell'd schnookums?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but are there any new additions confirmed for bayonetta 1/2 for the switch?

If not, is it just going to be the wii u version but maybe looking slightly better or something and on the switch? I already have the wii u version but I never actually played them for various reasons and if the switch has any exclusive content then I might as well just sell the wii u copies and put that cash towards getting the switch versions.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Finally opened my tiddy blade se and it’s just a cd and some big art book(it’s kinda cool). Started playing the game and god what is that Instagram filter over everything? Can I turn this off?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
what good wiiu games still need to be ported to switch now

I played it on my friend's wiiU so I don't really care so much but I would love if tokyo mirage sessions got ported so its characters would be added to fire emblem heroes

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I would like Captain Toad ported as I never played that, and heard good things.

Also basically all of Nintendos games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Did you get Blue Shell'd schnookums?

Yeah I just got nailed on the finish line while I was in first and came in 6th while playing online .

I just hate the amount of power ups and how canned they feel. The results feel designed by an algorithm. It's annoying as gently caress online but even worse single player, because having to redo a whole circuit to get 3 stars because the game decided to randomly gently caress me is annoying as hell. It's just all around a very annoying game. I didn't care at first but now that I'm getting deeper into it it's been getting under my skin.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

FirstAidKite posted:

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but are there any new additions confirmed for bayonetta 1/2 for the switch?

If not, is it just going to be the wii u version but maybe looking slightly better or something and on the switch? I already have the wii u version but I never actually played them for various reasons and if the switch has any exclusive content then I might as well just sell the wii u copies and put that cash towards getting the switch versions.

amiibo stuff, including her own one from Smash. But they haven't revealed what they'll do yet.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah I just got nailed on the finish line while I was in first and came in 6th while playing online .

I just hate the amount of power ups and how canned they feel. The results feel designed by an algorithm. It's annoying as gently caress online but even worse single player, because having to redo a whole circuit to get 3 stars because the game decided to randomly gently caress me is annoying as hell. It's just all around a very annoying game. I didn't care at first but now that I'm getting deeper into it it's been getting under my skin.
You know the series has been designed from the ground up to punish the player in first place right?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

You know the series has been designed from the ground up to punish the player in first place right?

I don't remember that being the case on SNES. I remember this poo poo from the 3ds one I played a lot but I don't recall it being nearly as bad. Really all I've played are this one, SNES and every portable version. Never played DD, 64 or the Wii one a whole lot.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
MarioKart is designed to unfairly level the playing field. Thats literally what MK is about. It's not about your skill past a certain point, it's about couch competitive "what the CHRIST?!" moments.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The main learning curve for Mario Kart for me was learning the courses, once you know how to get through them optimally bots become so easy to deal with you can sleep walk through GPs

Japanese people with 30,000 rank online will put the fear of God in you, though

e also learning a character/kart combo that clicks for you

chaleski fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
The last 30 seconds of a Mario kart course are the only important seconds.

• Locked thread