Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

idk I legit forgot about it until now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
in light of the words I have posted, I think we should kill mmt, omg, or peramene

##vote murmur twin

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

also uh, we have AN HOUR AND A HALF TO GET poo poo DONE

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I think I’m still ok with my MMT vote.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think I’m still ok with my MMT vote.

Snail seems alright, recent posts make up for the bout of silence I think

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'd go for Nat20, OMG, or to a lesser extent MMT. I'd appreciate it if people could look back at Nat20, I feel like since he's not posting in the current timeframe people are forgetting about him.

I also don't like that peramene's discussion in the masonchat has reportedly been unproductive w/r/t scumhunting, and in a 9-player game I feel like the members of an an unconfirmed masonry are in and of themselves suspect purely based on numbers - but I'm willing to see how that shakes out in the coming days. To that end I don't feel like voting either of them today.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'm not sure about MMT as a target, I can't see intentional misinterpretation as a scum gambit that would go anywhere useful, but I'm willing to flip if that's all we have.

still don't like snail, definitely don't like this masonry business, definitely don't like snail pushing mmt late

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

sentimental snail posted:

peramene has been peramene in mason discord, trying very hard to get me to spend time focusing on things that aren't finding scum, like coming up with a fun personal wincon for the masons. when I asked what peramene had in mind, peramene only suggested it be fun but ridiculous to any third parties, ie the kind of thing that has nothing to do w scum hunting

this is true i thought it would be fun to have a secret :( but "very hard???" i mentioned it once and then answered you my dude

Podima posted:

the members of an an unconfirmed masonry are in and of themselves suspect purely based on numbers

i concur emphatically

I will go for an MMT vote if that's way the waves push, but I'd much prefer an omg vote. I don't want to vote Nat20 tonight simply because I'm really enjoying his gimmick

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
What the fuuuuck?

:yeah: :agreed: :same:

similar jump on a joke from the early game. given the number of times, this kinda feels like projection in retrospect.

Snail and Pod are both way way overblowing the relative throwaway points I was making about jokeposts. What I said about OMG was an early d1 case that I never really took as anything other than a conversation starter, and what I said about b-minus was just me thinking out loud about a situation that I clearly misinterpreted (I still don't get the joke myself).

quote:

personally, it's this kind of weak But Don't Quote Me On That vibe that usually gives me bad feels about mmt. feels like her scum claiming, but being anxious about it, and following with But Not Really

This is a fake case about something I said early on that he only came up with after I cased him.

I feel fairly confident that Snail is scum and am willing to be held accountable if I'm wrong and make it to tomorrow.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

peramene posted:

I don't want to vote Nat20 tonight simply because I'm really enjoying his gimmick

anti town garbage

remember this

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

pera - has snail been suspicious of me in Masonchat?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

:yeah: :agreed: :same:

similar jump on a joke from the early game. given the number of times, this kinda feels like projection in retrospect.

personally, it's this kind of weak But Don't Quote Me On That vibe that usually gives me bad feels about mmt. feels like her scum claiming, but being anxious about it, and following with But Not Really

Snail calls me scum for jumping on a jokepost and using "Don't quote me on that"

I'm not really interested in filtering through natural 20's post restriction and feel his previous content posts were all a blur.

it's possible for me to agree w hal wrt natural 20's more recent posts being pretty solid. these things are not mutually exclusive. absent solid points, his posts are all fluff and white noise that actively distracted me from the early game.

reading the game like that, wren's over reactions were the only thing that stuck out. OMG's posting mostly trips me in that it feels like he's bumbling a bit like rusty scum.

I said as much to my big dumb idiot mason partner peramene, who arbitrarily decided to make a breadcrumb for both of us - be the third in a list, which means I had to make a list with at least three players, then post about it

after which I have not really posted in this thread, for at least 21h, over the period of friday night to saturday.

peramene has been peramene in mason discord, trying very hard to get me to spend time focusing on things that aren't finding scum, like coming up with a fun personal wincon for the masons. when I asked what peramene had in mind, peramene only suggested it be fun but ridiculous to any third parties, ie the kind of thing that has nothing to do w scum hunting

well, this has been my report

But when he actually quotes the post where I call him scum, he doesn't use it in his case on me - instead he reiterates his old reads and then talks about his masonry with pera.

There's no way a town snail would just glaze over what would be, in his eyes, scum trying to drive a mislynch on him.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

hexwren posted:

I'm not sure about MMT as a target, I can't see intentional misinterpretation as a scum gambit that would go anywhere useful, but I'm willing to flip if that's all we have.

still don't like snail, definitely don't like this masonry business, definitely don't like snail pushing mmt late

mmmmmmm i don't care for this one whit.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hexwren posted:

anti town garbage

remember this

Haha it is sort of but I have been known to give a D1 pass to people if they are being super entertaining. We are here for fun after all. Well winning of course, but winning with fun

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

pera - has snail been suspicious of me in Masonchat?

no more than I've been in-thread!

less so, even, but as snail himself points out we have not done very much useful whatsoever. I unilaterally came up with a breadcrumb and unilaterally outed us in part to the fact that i have always been here and always looking out from behind these eyes and snail has "a life" and "obligations"

things have now changed, this close to deadline? which is peculiar to me. does he want my vote off OMG? onto you? onto Pod? he's giving me lots of options to consider rather than pushing just one, which seems wicked suspicious to me now that deadline approaches

that is of course the norm of these things though and I am the weird one | and also you know for suresies how suspicious i am 1-on-1 <3

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Podima posted:

How is that any different from any other time when someone says they will vote whoever to avoid a no-dunk?

It’s a bit more eloquent but that’s just wren for ya

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm feeling pretty indifferent about the mislynch on me, actually

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
my assumption is that snail is as convinced I am scum as I am convinced he is scum, but also it suuuure would be tricky of FL to make us both think that and have us both be townies. and if it was just RNG, confirmed townies is a lot more powerful than unconfirmed so okay I think I get that

buuuut at the same time MAN i love a good moriarty as ya'll know

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

peramene posted:

my assumption is that snail is as convinced I am scum as I am convinced he is scum, but also it suuuure would be tricky of FL to make us both think that and have us both be townies. and if it was just RNG, confirmed townies is a lot more powerful than unconfirmed so okay I think I get that

buuuut at the same time MAN i love a good moriarty as ya'll know

Wait how did FL make you think that? Because of masons?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm going to sleep. Vote snail for a better tomorrow!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

My plane is leaving so my vote is staying. I can’t wait to find out what happened when I land.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
lmao

right now, I'm not posting enough, not scum hunting enough, pushing one person too hard, and offering too many options

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Podima posted:

that seemed to be the main thrust of the case people are bringing up on MMT and there was next to no activity in the thread when I said it, so it seemed unlikely to get enough people to make a decision happen at the time. I stand by that statement as reasonable at the time.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

This is a fake case about something I said early on that he only came up with after I cased him.

---

Snail calls me scum for jumping on a jokepost and using "Don't quote me on that"

But when he actually quotes the post where I call him scum, he doesn't use it in his case on me - instead he reiterates his old reads and then talks about his masonry with pera.

There's no way a town snail would just glaze over what would be, in his eyes, scum trying to drive a mislynch on him.

This is the case in a nutshell. Snail's opinions are fabricated.

Come on town, I know you can do it!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

hexwren posted:

that seemed to be the main thrust of the case people are bringing up on MMT and there was next to no activity in the thread when I said it, so it seemed unlikely to get enough people to make a decision happen at the time. I stand by that statement as reasonable at the time.

I don't really like how you minimized all the other stuff going on today to make it out like MMT was the default option.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The frigging votecount is real hard to read with all the anon votes on there, my goodness.

b-minus, where are you at? This is the last you posted that was game-related:

b-minus1 posted:

I like you and I like this post. I think we can be friends.

You are town for (rightfully) calling me out for not casing anyone.
Policy town read of hal.
MMT and podima have provided the most content, which could be a friendly town scum tactic, but leaning town for now.
Neutral on everyone else, no strong scum reads at the moment

Would appreciate an updated read.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
:/

with a heavy heart i place upon the table that i would vote my darling snail, even at the great personal cost of losing my buddy to chat with

he has just sent me pictures of what i assume is a dog and they are fantastic. perhaps two dogs. a dog and a toy? i have no idea

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Podima posted:

I don't really like how you minimized all the other stuff going on today to make it out like MMT was the default option.

I was just replying to the post before me, settle down

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Gonna be honest, had some unexpected irl poo poo go down this afternoon and I have not been paying attention to the thread. When is the deadline? I’ll try to get caught up now

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

Gonna be honest, had some unexpected irl poo poo go down this afternoon and I have not been paying attention to the thread. When is the deadline? I’ll try to get caught up now

45 minutes

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

peramene posted:

things have now changed, this close to deadline? which is peculiar to me. does he want my vote off OMG? onto you? onto Pod? he's giving me lots of options to consider rather than pushing just one, which seems wicked suspicious to me now that deadline approaches

i would actually read this in the exact opposite way you do - more options than just one is good and correct.

don't like your continental drift onto snail here.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

b-minus1 posted:

*quietly clears away the screenshot of the 'users browsing The Game Room' from his clipboard*

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

i would actually read this in the exact opposite way you do - more options than just one is good and correct.

don't like your continental drift onto snail here.

I very sincerely appreciate this post

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
##vote OMG

Enough people have expressed an interest in this one but not actually plunked a vote down, let's see what happens.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
for personal ref later:

Votecount for Day 1

b-minus1 (3): peramene, peramene, OMGVBFLOL, OMGVBFLOL, Natural 20, Anonymous, Anonymous
sentimental snail (3): peramene, peramene, Murmur Twin, hexwren, Anonymous
OMGVBFLOL (2): Murmur Twin, peramene, Murmur Twin, peramene, Podima, Anonymous
Murmur Twin (2): peramene, peramene, Hal Incandenza, sentimental snail
Podima (1): peramene, peramene, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Anonymous
Hal Incandenza (1): Natural 20, Hal Incandenza, peramene, peramene, Natural 20, Hal Incandenza, Anonymous
peramene (1): peramene, peramene, Podima, OMGVBFLOL, Podima
Natural 20 (0): sentimental snail, Podima, sentimental snail, Podima
hexwren (0): peramene, peramene, sentimental snail, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, sentimental snail

Not Voting (2): b-minus1, peramene

There are 9 players alive. It will take 5 votes to remove a player from testing. The current deadline is December 09th, 2017 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 42 minutes.

The next postcount requirement is ???????. There is no postcount deadline.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

posters I feel ill about:
hal, pera, snail, hex, bminus

hal: noisy, doesn’t seem to care if we don’t hammer

pera: suddenly lept on me over a post that’d been up for 24h+, also the masonry means there’s a decent chance one of them is scum

snail: long gaps in posting but speaks up when pressed (scumlike lurking), same as above re:masonry

hex: doesn’t seem to care who we hammer

bminus: also speaks up immediately when pressed as if they’re reading but not posting, but makes no cases and still hasn’t voted, as if waiting to hammer

out of these, bminus seems the most scumlike, especially with the refusal to vote

mmt’s willingness to face the music tomorrow if wrong + MMT’s case on snail being persuasive + MMT’s pressing of me feeling like its in good faith (as opposed to others’)= leaning town on mmt

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

b-minus1 posted:

fancy that, bminus shows up just in time to help hammer whichever townie is closest to a mislynch

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Really Hate to do this but I don’t have time to read the thread. I’m a restless townie, I visit a player every night. That’s it. Based on the rest of my pm I’m assuming there is either a tracker or watcher in this game, perhaps both. Sorry guys. To be fair to everyone, I’ll abstain from voting for tonight only

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

OMGVBFLOL posted:

fancy that, bminus shows up just in time to help hammer whichever townie is closest to a mislynch

why do you say this like you have knowledge that the people close to a lynch aren't scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

b-minus1 posted:

Really Hate to do this but I don’t have time to read the thread. I’m a restless townie, I visit a player every night. That’s it. Based on the rest of my pm I’m assuming there is either a tracker or watcher in this game, perhaps both. Sorry guys. To be fair to everyone, I’ll abstain from voting for tonight only

you had exactly one non-anon vote on you dude

• Locked thread