Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

wicka posted:

Seattle sucked rear end yesterday, they never threatened. Congrats buddy.

They sucked rear end last year too. Toronto just couldn't score. Happy the game was earlier this year so I didn't have to stay up until 4 am again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

learnincurve posted:

Yes but...* don’t ever read the last tommy and tuppence novel or the last few Hercule Poirot and miss Marple novels, watch the TV shows instead. In the books she slowly ages them, and at the end coupled with her dementia writing it’s cripplingly depressing. No one, apart from Christie as it turns out, wants to see miss Marple alone in the dark and frightened that she might have broken her hips after a fall.

If you want the Marple you see on TV then what you want are the Miss Silver Novels. https://www.goodreads.com/series/43096-miss-silver If you want a really cool American Miss Marple meets James Bond series then read Mrs Polifax. https://www.goodreads.com/series/51239-mrs-pollifax

*I’ve legit read hundreds of golden age novels.

What's your favorite Christie novel op. Mine's Five Little Pigs

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Feels Villeneuve posted:

What's your favorite Christie novel op. Mine's Five Little Pigs

And then there were none, it was the first Christie I read when I was 8 years old sat on a beach in France eating those hot honey peanuts they sold off carts. Was a gateway drug to the harder stuff such as Lord Peter Whimsy and Campion. These days there is a lot of sifting through a sea of “historical fiction” poo poo to find anything good.

If you like audio books then I absolutely urge you to give the Amelia Peabody series a go, it’s more modern but imo the absolute best. Also check out the James Anderson trilogy starting with the affair of the bloodstained tea cosy.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That McLaren looks awesome. Again, we live in a Golden Era of insane trackday specials.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hopefully they homologate it for GTE

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

iospace posted:

Hopefully they homologate it for GTE

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

nsaP posted:

I'd play with Claire Williams' balls, if you know what I mean fellas

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

You're all a bunch of thirsty fucks.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
How has nothing happened tthese past couple of days??

Where the gently caress is the Kubica contract?????

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Wirth1000 posted:

Where the gently caress is the Kubica contract?????

In front of him for a whole week. The catch is that he has to sign it with his shrivelled arm.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I bought a LG G6 for $150 and the camera sucks and is poo poo-garbage and also it's a pump'n'dump phone so LG won't even bother supporting or updating it just like all the other stupid pieces of poo poo android partner phones so I returned it and now I have a Pixel XL on the way for the same price boy howdy why didn't I just do that in the first place

Only always buy an iPhone or, if you want Android, for the love of God get a Google-backed phone so you actually get security ujpdates and OS updates right away. RIP iPhone SE, you served me well but now its into the closet next to wicka as a backup phone.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Thanks for listening.

Ferrari sucks. The McLaren Senna is batshit insane.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The Pixel looks dope, I’m hoping my company will buy one for me once my corporate line has an upgrade.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Wirth1000 posted:

I bought a LG G6 for $150 and the camera sucks and is poo poo-garbage and also it's a pump'n'dump phone so LG won't even bother supporting or updating it just like all the other stupid pieces of poo poo android partner phones so I returned it and now I have a Pixel XL on the way for the same price boy howdy why didn't I just do that in the first place

Only always buy an iPhone or, if you want Android, for the love of God get a Google-backed phone so you actually get security ujpdates and OS updates right away. RIP iPhone SE, you served me well but now its into the closet next to wicka as a backup phone.

Get a OnePlus 2 friend.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

Get a OnePlus 2 friend.

I had one. I hated it. It was poo poo. See: no real updates.

I sold it and bought the iPhone SE instead. Now getting a Google Pixel XL. If I like it I'll skip the Pixel 2 XL and just wait for the Pixel 3 and just go into a every 2 year upgrade cycle.

Technology has ruined humanity. gently caress Ferrari.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Seriously, though, gently caress Ferrari and Sebastian Vettel.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

mechaphilia

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

mechaphilia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuGp8sI2x1M

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Wirth1000 posted:

I had one. I hated it. It was poo poo. See: no real updates.

I sold it and bought the iPhone SE instead. Now getting a Google Pixel XL. If I like it I'll skip the Pixel 2 XL and just wait for the Pixel 3 and just go into a every 2 year upgrade cycle.

Technology has ruined humanity. gently caress Ferrari.

lmbo it updated like four months ago for me brah. Also technology has ruined you, just accelerate to the end game and buy one of those iphone Xs.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

lmbo it updated like four months ago for me brah. Also technology has ruined you, just accelerate to the end game and buy one of those iphone Xs.

If I don't like the Pixel then... I'll wait for an iPhone X+ or whatever teh gently caress it'll be.

And OxygenOS updates don't count. I'm talking about major Android revisions.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
LC living the dream itt

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

And OxygenOS updates don't count. I'm talking about major Android revisions.

idk what that means and I'm happier for it.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ah yes, the dream of buying secondhand books instead of video games....

(I’ve never been any good at video games)

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

idk what that means and I'm happier for it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpRCK53OISc

:staredog:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

If nobody has actively tried to murder you, you've had a good day as a motorcyclist.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
London in particular just looks like a complete hellscape.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

This is almost exactly like driving my scirocco for 5 years, I just started assuming people were going to turn in on me whenever possible lmbo.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Talking up Apple and their crappy phones is like talking up Lewis Hamilton. Fraudulent and no one wants to hear it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Apple phones are good, Google phones are good, R.I.P. Windows Phone (you woulda been great if anyone made a drat app), don’t buy anything else

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I would probably still own an Android phone if it weren't for all the absolute morons who buy Samsung's loving garbage devices and crushed all their far superior competition.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wirth1000 posted:

Seriously, though, gently caress Ferrari and Sebastian Vettel.

Im going to whoop your rear end

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

Im going to whoop your rear end

loving come up here from Argentina you swine and we'll have ourselves a Canadian Face-Off I'll slap my puck right up your rear end and make you scream red siren

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

loving come up here from Argentina you swine and we'll have ourselves a Canadian Face-Off I'll slap my puck right up your rear end and make you scream red siren

WHEN DID YOU GET SO COOL

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

WHEN DID YOU GET SO COOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNdtLURhj3Q

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wirth1000 posted:

Im in Calama, move your rear end to Salta or Tucumán so i can give it the whooping It deserves

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

Im in Calama, move your rear end to Salta or Tucumán so i can give it the whooping It deserves

Oh, sorry. I thought you were Argentinian and not Chilean.

Sorry, man, lol, silly mistake to have made. I'll be better in the future. :shobon:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
P.S. gently caress ferrari

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
chileans make poo poo cheap wine, move to argentina bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFIXHAbjCxQ

• Locked thread