Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I was bullied in middle school and I'm not racist.

Where's my ticket, AJ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

The Hardys have been fine.

Matt Hardy alone sucks.

actually both of them are good alone

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

RacistGuidingLight posted:

There felt like a lot of those and it bummed me out.

I remember yelling at people here becuase they won our dumb wh2k "Worst Tag Team of the Year" award when they spent the year having great matches and generally being one of the best things about WWE

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Ostentatious posted:

actually both of them are good alone

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I remember yelling at people here becuase they won our dumb wh2k "Worst Tag Team of the Year" award when they spent the year having great matches and generally being one of the best things about WWE

wasn't that literally last year

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

wasn't that literally last year

i think it was 2014 when everyone was bitching because they won all the time but it was probably both

Usos Have Always Been Good

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

i think it was 2014 when everyone was bitching because they won all the time but it was probably both

I checked and they finished second in the 2015 awards behind the Ascension.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i didnt like facepaint usos but i do like h-day usos :shrug:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I liked the Usos from the heel turn on, that's it :colbert:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I didn't see much of them before the turn, but I found myself extremely bored by The Roman Reigns' Cousins Tag Team, but I was into them the second they turned and they're basically my favorite thing about WWE right now. I imagine if I went back and watched some of their pre-brand split matches last year I'd probably be a lot kinder to them, but, character matters and my first impression of them was basically that they were Roman's sidekicks. :shrug:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

I liked the Usos from the heel turn on, that's it :colbert:

sorry you didn't like one of the three best tag teams in the world for 3 years and probably have generally bad taste

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Usos have always been good and they saved us from a New Age Outlaws title run.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Usos are one of the best tag teams in WWE history.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The Usos are one of the best tag teams in WWE history.

yeah

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Bad taste is a prerequisite for posting in this thread, unless you are merely a naughty troll who does not follow WWE for personal interests. Please point yourself Out if you are one of those people so that you can be dealt with quickly

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

They were the John Cena of tag teams, only they lost quite a bit. They won the feud against The Wyatt Family, so they're the worst thing ever I guess. And nobody would say O when I said US!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I don't watch all wwe just the good poo poo aka roman reigns matches, usos matches, samoan joe matches, and 205LIVE

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
it's possible to believe the usos are very talented wrestlers who deserve to be recognized as a top tag team, and also that the face paint happy face usos was a bland and tired gimmick

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i like to post good things about the wrestlers i like and bad things about the wrestlers id ont like - sometimes things change, maybe me, maybe the wrestler, maybe the product, maybe, maybe i don't know but somethign changes and tehn a wrestler who i thought was good(now bad) i'll say bad things about etc

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i think if we're all honest with ourselves, we can admit that the reason for face Usos unpopularity on this forum rests squarely with the voice of Michael Cole yelling USO CRAZY for the double dive

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sorry you didn't like one of the three best tag teams in the world for 3 years and probably have generally bad taste

What if I thought they had great matches but their packaging was exceptionally bland and turned me off of them somewhat?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

shiksa posted:

it's possible to believe the usos are very talented wrestlers who deserve to be recognized as a top tag team, and also that the face paint happy face usos was a bland and tired gimmick

:agreed:

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Usos in 2014 had some great matches but they were kind of dull as white meat babyfaces and always feuded with heels I liked more like the Wyatts, Dustbros, and the greatest tag team of our generation, Rybaxel

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

dromal phrenia posted:

i think if we're all honest with ourselves, we can admit that the reason for face Usos unpopularity on this forum rests squarely with the voice of Michael Cole yelling USO CRAZY for the double dive

This is also true

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Because they were astoundingly character bland as well. Wyatt family could have had a tag title reign to establish themselves, but nope, a bland feeling usos run was what we got.

Especially if you weren't watching the PPVs, they seemed ludicrously overpushed for their entertainment value.

Kind of like a tag team version of Randy Orton. I'm told he's great on house shows, and technically good at everything, but bland in presentation and feels overpushed.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

They were the John Cena of tag teams, only they lost quite a bit. They won the feud against The Wyatt Family, so they're the worst thing ever I guess. And nobody would say O when I said US!

i like the usos now but i still wont say O when you say US :troll:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What if I thought they had great matches but their packaging was exceptionally bland and turned me off of them somewhat?

yr still a bitch

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
To be a good wrestling fan you have to like all the good wrestlers when they are good. No liking them after they already become good. That's cheating.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Usos were always good, but were held back by being smiley happy generic nobodies.

Usos became great, when their personalities and charisma, (which is what made them good) was allowed to show, which made their already good/great matches better.

Also, I like Bray Wyatt. I have been given no reason to do so by the WWE, but I loves me my rambly spooky swamp man. gently caress all y'all

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

yr still a bitch

:(

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
yeah the usos didn't have a character beyond face paint and now they have character, and have become interesting. though, the TLC Tag Ladder Match from 2015 was drat good, when one of them broke a ladder with his rear end so Kalisto could do a SDS off the top.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i was there for you when i was online

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Meh, they were a high energy face tag team. But they had a cool gimmick and when were allowed to do promos, they were good even if, yes, it was just high energy face stuff mixed with their Samoan Pride stuff. Even if you didn't like their character there is no loving way they weren't one of the best teams in the world.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Wazzu posted:

Because they were astoundingly character bland as well. Wyatt family could have had a tag title reign to establish themselves, but nope, a bland feeling usos run was what we got.

Especially if you weren't watching the PPVs, they seemed ludicrously overpushed for their entertainment value.

Kind of like a tag team version of Randy Orton. I'm told he's great on house shows, and technically good at everything, but bland in presentation and feels overpushed.

wyatts suck and i'm glad the usos won that feud

also the usos actually have good matches, unlike orton

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

wyatts suck and i'm glad the usos won that feud

also the usos actually have good matches, unlike orton

At the time of that feud the Wyatts were still redeemable and holy poo poo those matches ruled.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

At the time of that feud the Wyatts were still redeemable and holy poo poo those matches ruled.

They could've been until the feud turned from Bray Wyatt(with the family) vs John Cena (with the usos) into Usos vs Wyatt Family. Once Bray was killed keeping The Usos momentum going made sense unless they were actually planning on building the whole stable up again.

remember when the usos did an anime promo against bryan and bray wyatt? that was some good poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk2bk-jMjcI

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Dec 12, 2017

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cavauro posted:

Bad taste is a prerequisite for posting in this thread, unless you are merely a naughty troll who does not follow WWE for personal interests. Please point yourself Out if you are one of those people so that you can be dealt with quickly

hola

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

They could've been until the feud turned from Bray Wyatt(with the family) vs John Cena (with the usos) into Usos vs Wyatt Family. Once Bray was killed keeping The Usos momentum going made sense unless they were actually planning on building the whole stable up again.

remember when the usos did an anime promo against bryan and bray wyatt? that was some good poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk2bk-jMjcI

I said O just now.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the authority should Read this man's post soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Cavauro posted:

the authority should Read this man's post soon.

Nobody should read his posts.

• Locked thread