Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Norns posted:

I hope they remove all 160 speed sparrows from paying customers as compensation

If you touch my instant cast 160 sparrow, I will fight you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Sure glad the faction rally got delayed cuz Reddit needed a diaper change

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Norns posted:

Sure glad the faction rally got delayed cuz Reddit needed a diaper change

that's this weeks meltdown

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I got my first 160 speed sparrow the other day and it has fast summon. I should just trash all my other sparrows.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I guess the meltdown today is to call for the return of grimoire cards lmao https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7j9lcg/return_the_grimoire_points_to_destiny_2/

quote:

Getting grimoire points was one of the reasons to continue to play in the first part. It was a unique parameter that helped to determine not only the level, but also the player's awareness of many game moments.

The way the grimoire is realized now is awful. Half of the players do not even notice that some things have a button to "see the story"

Even adding a separate section to be updated in the menu would be much more convenient. By getting new things you would see progress, and this system would be one of the reasons to keep playing. Bunge, return the grimoire points, give us another reason to return to the game

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Sweet glad to get the ball rolling then

YouSpoonyBard
May 10, 2007
You Killed Anna!

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Probably something like masterwork weapon multikills actually only giving orbs like 1-2% of the time

This would be the most Bungie thing possible, and I don't want it to be true but I fear it might be.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I for one am going to complain about a distinct lack of Watermelon shaders dropping WHAT THE gently caress BUGNIE IM CALLING THE WASHINGTON ATTONIE GENRAL’s OFFIS

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I might call an attorney for pain and suffering from having to delete stacks of hundred loving shaders every time I get a new one

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Norns posted:

I might call an attorney for pain and suffering from having to delete stacks of hundred loving shaders every time I get a new one

The postman is now just "additional shader storage".

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Waffle House posted:

I for one am going to complain about a distinct lack of Watermelon shaders dropping WHAT THE gently caress BUGNIE IM CALLING THE WASHINGTON ATTONIE GENRAL’s OFFIS

Watermelon shortages will not be suffered quietly. To the streets, lads!!

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
I had friends that aren't yet 300 and couldn't make it to that before they put the raid up another 30 levels, especially with the game barely being out on the pc and a sale on Black Friday. I think their complaints are justified but whatever I guess.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Somewhere in the future I'm expecting something like a Warthog to happen. I dunno whether this will be during Burning Crusade or Cataclysm though:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Would be nice to be able to trade up blue shaders like with mods and transmat effects. Even if it wasn't 3:1 converting an 18 stack of a blue into a six stack of a random purple would be wonderful and get rid of the "I have to get rid of them one at a time" complaint.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Trading up seems neat, but I'd even be happy if there was just a shader storage that had unlimited stack size and enough slots for each shader. I'm an hoarder when it comes to games, let me hang onto stuff, I might need it later. :(

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Lord Packinham posted:

I had friends that aren't yet 300 and couldn't make it to that before they put the raid up another 30 levels, especially with the game barely being out on the pc and a sale on Black Friday. I think their complaints are justified but whatever I guess.

The raid was 270 for normal mode, and if they're that gung-ho about doing prestige content, I seriously don't get why they're not just buying the expansion. (Fake edit: Like, I finished the raid for the first time my second week of playing, having gotten the game during the Black Friday sale myself.)

Like, who are these people that are chomping at the bit for hard mode-style content but don't want new content?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

The raid was 270 for normal mode, and if they're that gung-ho about doing prestige content, I seriously don't get why they're not just buying the expansion.

Like, who are these people that are chomping at the bit for hard mode-style content but don't want new content?

No one they don't loving exist

YouSpoonyBard
May 10, 2007
You Killed Anna!

So wait just as a point of clarification, the Prestige Leviathan raid is going down to 300 and the rewards are matching.

The Normal Leviathan raid is staying at 300 and the rewards are going to still be essentially a Luminous/Powerful engram for beating each encounter, right?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Shifty Pony posted:

Would be nice to be able to trade up blue shaders like with mods and transmat effects. Even if it wasn't 3:1 converting an 18 stack of a blue into a six stack of a random purple would be wonderful and get rid of the "I have to get rid of them one at a time" complaint.

A shader "cauldron"/colorforge by either the Ramen Shack or above Tess would be neat to have, sorta like Banshee's Mod Shop.

Approach the Cauldron/Colorforge, and either sacrifice a shader to set it as a Pattern, which you can 'fill up' for copies by dismantling any shader, (common shaders fill less shader-power, while legendaries fill more), or you could just spend a small amount of glimmer/sacrifice any shader to randomize the Pattern you're filling up.

This also inserts an opportunity for EXOTIC SHADERS OBTAINABLE ONLY BY CRAFTING, which would include like I dunno, Day-Glo green, checkered flags, houndstooth.

Norns posted:

No one they don't loving exist

Reddit is pretty dumb, but I seriously question whether anyone is dumb enough to stay on vanilla Destiny 2 on principle

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 12, 2017

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
They should just have an MMO style subscription to this game.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Lord Packinham posted:

A subscription wouldn't justify the lack of content

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

A subscription wouldn't justify the lack of content

I'm pretty sure the idea is that with a subscription you would fund more content.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Dietrich posted:

I'm pretty sure the idea is that with a subscription you would fund more content.

That's what Bungie said about Eververse.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

*Plays game for 600 hours*
"God there's no content this is aids eat butts"

Shut upppppppppppp

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I like the content in this game and wish there was more of it

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

That's what Bungie said about Eververse.

If only there was a difference between a guaranteed x$ per month and a random x$ per month that would make a difference in how much a company would be willing to add staff. I dunno.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Seriously though Ive played more strikes this week than everything leading up to CoO because of forge weapons.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Waffle House posted:

Reddit is pretty dumb, but I seriously question whether anyone is dumb enough to stay on vanilla Destiny 2 on principle

My spies say that part of the outrage make sense.

From their point of view, it work like this:
"You paid 60$ for Destine 2 then Bungie comes and ask you another 20 dolares after a month playing to continue playing. "

With this pov, the game is asking 80$ for a game that don't seems finished. I think is not a finished game.

I mean, maybe some PC gamers are asking themselves "I am been conned into paying for space citizen? Mercury skybox is only a JPG, are we paying 20$ for a JPG here?"

Edit:
These of us that played Destiny 1 know that is worth it. Usually, with some downs along the path. I think.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

whats a forge weapons

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Lord Packinham posted:

Or they should just fund new content with micro like they said they would / like most other good developers do? Hell, imagine they put out most of CoO for free and charged 10$ for the story missions and maybe some cosmetics. They'd probably make just as much money while earning a poo poo ton of good will and avoiding all this poo poo about gating content.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Bungie please charge me 20 bucks for a ghost voice, I'll pay.

Make a dozen.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

whats a forge weapons

Theyre the gnarly looking guns you get from the mercury verses

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Norns posted:

Shut upppppppppppp

Nearly every post you make, you act like you've been personally slighted.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006

Norns posted:

Shut upppppppppppp

Judging by the lack of people playing, I don't think people played that much.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Oxyclean posted:

Or they should just fund new content with micro like they said they would / like most other good developers do? Hell, imagine they put out most of CoO for free and charged 10$ for the story missions and maybe some cosmetics. They'd probably make just as much money while earning a poo poo ton of good will and avoiding all this poo poo about gating content.
people really really hate micro transactions so no, they wouldn't have any more goodwill

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Nearly every post you make, you act like you've been personally slighted.

Cool I'm sure your posts are also bad but I'm not going to bother looking at them

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
So is the prestige raid actually easier? Is it a good time to find a group for the prestige aura?

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

ImPureAwesome posted:

So is the prestige raid actually easier? Is it a good time to find a group for the prestige aura?
No, prestige went up too

edit: i hadn't seen the update, apparently it's coming back down, guess i'll finish the acrius quest

wyoak fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Dec 12, 2017

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

whats a forge weapons

If you finish the merucry story content, you'll be prompted to do some adventures, do those and the vendor on mercury will offer this prophecy item that requires consumables to "fill." Once filled, you turn it into a unique gun, there's like 10 of them.

The prophecy consumables come from a specific sources (ie: one is from public quests, one is from strikes, one is from cruicible, IIRC.) and in two rarities. 10 of the uncommon ones and a bunch of legendary shards can be converted into the rare one.

wyoak posted:

people really really hate micro transactions so no, they wouldn't have any more goodwill

Other games like Overwatch are getting away with it. There's obviously still people who take umbrage with micro / blind box, but if you tell your audience it's funding future free game updates, and actually deliver on it, a lot more people are suddenly okay or willing to defend it.

Anything would be better then triple dipping full retail, micro blind box AND season pass.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Dec 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.

Oxyclean posted:

If you finish the merucry story content, you'll be prompted to do some adventures, do those and the vendor on mercury will offer this prophecy item that requires consumables to "fill." Once filled, you turn it into a unique gun, there's like 10 of them.

The prophecy consumables come from a specific sources (ie: one is from public quests, one is from strikes, one is from cruicible, IIRC.) and in two rarities. 10 of the uncommon ones and a bunch of legendary shards can be converted into the rare one.

are any of the guns any good though

• Locked thread