Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it’s actually literally like if you bought the shivering isles, then noticed they also sold horse armor and deciding you were entitled to that because you bought the expansion

This is the first time I've heard someone defend the amount of content in CoO.

Glad you're a satisfied customer. Many others feel that there wasn't $20 of content in it, and thus it's inappropriate for some of the new content to be Eververse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the season 2 eververse stuff is literally vanilla content you can get by playing but somehow people have managed to work themselves into an entirely ficticious rage thinking that it was content they were paying for that they were robbed of

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So is the laser gun gonna be fixed or not?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Got a 720 rpm energy auto Masterwork with a +10 clip. Seems to drop a ball of light every 2-3 kills. I'd imagine a bottom row Gunslinger could get quite the super bonus.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Glad you're a satisfied customer. Many others feel that there wasn't $20 of content in it, and thus it's inappropriate for some of the new content to be Eververse.

His argument is ignoring that the complaints are S2 Eververse items are more appealing then the content+rewards that you get in the expansion.

e:

Junkenstein posted:

Got a 720 rpm energy auto Masterwork with a +10 clip. Seems to drop a ball of light every 2-3 kills. I'd imagine a bottom row Gunslinger could get quite the super bonus.

What does rerolling the masterwork stat cost?

treizebee fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 12, 2017

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Tenzarin posted:

So is the laser gun gonna be fixed or not?

In the sense of a dog or a cat getting fixed, yes

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

wishlist+: Past season weapon and armor/weapons content rotating in and out on a weekly basis. Would add depth and mouth-feel to the loot game.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it’s actually literally like if you bought the shivering isles, then noticed they also sold horse armor and deciding you were entitled to that because you bought the expansion

I think it's more like this but instead of in the past where you had to fight some ancient undead horse beast to acquire the shiny armour to show everyone your e-peen, it's now a random chance at getting shiny horse armour from real money gambling. The impact cosmetics have on the game is exactly the same, which is nothing. The bragging rights people used to have after accomplishing some task has just been brought to 0 so they can make people gamble away their money.

I am the most casual gamer, but I miss that feeling seeing someone with dope stuff and going "drat that dude put a lot of time/grind into this". Now it's just, "man I wonder how much money he had to drop to get that thing" or "wow that's a cool ship, he got lucky on a drop".

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

I'm lowkey on a mission to make a shiny knight but as Hunter. Need better trousers, anybody know any that look like shiny metal? Or a shader that works on Iron Banner legs to make them go shiny metal? Because they look the part but the shaders won't play ball.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I don't know hunter gear, but have you tried the metroshift shader? It seems to turn anything metallic honda civic chrome.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

i mean, it’s 20 dollars. i have gotten more than three Burger King meal’s worth of value from my purchase.

treizebee posted:

His argument is ignoring that the complaints are S2 Eververse items are more appealing then the content+rewards that you get in the expansion.

that’s entirely subjective. if you think the loot box drops is more appealing than the forge weapons, adventures, story content, and raid lairs, that’s your choice, but it’s certainly not the case for me.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Nobody feels they were entitled to, specifically, a Selfie Emote or a +10% XP Ghost

Everybody feels they were entitled to $20 of content from their $20 purchase

The Upset People are not upset that they didn't receive a Selfie Emote or a +10% XP Ghost

The Upset People feel they did not receive $20 of content from their $20 purchase

It's bonus upsetting that Bungie devoted effort into things like Selfie Emotes and +10% XP Ghosts, which nobody cares about, instead of developing $20 worth of content for the $20 purchase, which people do care about

Something something horse armor

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

treizebee posted:

e:

What does rerolling the masterwork stat cost?

3 masterwork cores and 25 legendary shards.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Junkenstein posted:

3 masterwork cores and 25 legendary shards.

What about turning a non-masterwork into one?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Jeza posted:

I'm lowkey on a mission to make a shiny knight but as Hunter. Need better trousers, anybody know any that look like shiny metal? Or a shader that works on Iron Banner legs to make them go shiny metal? Because they look the part but the shaders won't play ball.

I like where you’re going with it; try Road Complex, the Crucible legs, the Fruminous legs from Ikora if you have them or Stomp-Eez. iirc They all have that split-toe “greave” look, where everything else looks like cargo pants with doc martens.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Dec 12, 2017

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Claes Oldenburger posted:

or "wow that's a cool ship, he got lucky on a drop".
Destiny was always this

D2 still has banners and armor sets you can only get from the raid, just like D1, and then it also has a bunch of other crap no one but yourself will notice in Eververse

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Kyrosiris posted:

10 cores, 25 shards.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kyrosiris posted:

10!

Dismantling a MW gives you 2x cores, which is a surprise.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

10!

Dismantling a MW gives you 2x cores, which is a surprise.

Woof. Hopefully they're common, I guess.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

People complain loudly online but the content people are silent. I liked it fine too. I have not contacted my congressmsn to tell him CoO is "ok".

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kyrosiris posted:

Woof. Hopefully they're common, I guess.

Early guesses are that it's about a 5-10% chance for a weapon to be a MW.

Raid and Trials weapons have a higher chance, though!

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
The raid lair is worth the price on its own imo

Way better than Dark Below that poo poo blew

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

What light level should I begin turning in tokens for COO?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

dkj posted:

What light level should I begin turning in tokens for COO?

Literally any time. Token hand-ins don't raise your light level except in fringe cases like having 335's in most slots and a 305 in one.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

that’s entirely subjective. if you think the loot box drops is more appealing than the forge weapons, adventures, story content, and raid lairs, that’s your choice, but it’s certainly not the case for me.

That's fine. I bought the expansion and the Lair made up for the disappointment that is the "infinite" forest.

However, to me, there also isn't a single rewarding item that comes from normally playing the expansion where you feel like you accomplished something. The closest that D2 has come to that is the Legend of Acrius. Every other reward is tokens or a choice of a weapon that you can also get from tokens
The Prophecy weapons are very underwhelming despite having awesome raid-drop quality designs. Hopefully the upcoming set this week is better.
I never played D1 and I've occasionally read here how you got cool items like ships and speeders from the actual content. I don't think anyone would complain if say a certain amount of Lair completions would have rewarded you with a mini version of the Leviathan as a ship for example.

The Eververse is chock full of great cosmetic items. Fortunately, Bright engrams are incredibly easy to get weekly and the bright dust+rotating stock is a solid mtx system. I don't have a significant issue with it despite not having a 3rd character yet, but it is easy to understand why people see the balance heavily skewed towards Eververse in regards to "where all the cool stuff is".

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Literally any time. Token hand-ins don't raise your light level except in fringe cases like having 335's in most slots and a 305 in one.

Thank you.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

The new economy is very expensive for a filthy casual like me who gets milestones done and then quits playing for the week.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
there is a season 1 emote for sale at eververse this week

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Importing this suggestion from another goon friend:

Supertough Bosses that lurk in Lost Sectors as weekly content. House of Wolves style, but you go run a dungeon instance.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Dec 12, 2017

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Legs Benedict posted:

Also the Season 1 Trials Weapons were among the "Choose Your Reward" options for 7 wins. Unsure if they're in the engram drop pool or the Welfare engram pool.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i mean, it’s 20 dollars. i have gotten more than three Burger King meal’s worth of value from my purchase.

I don't feel ripped off for the $20 I spent on CoO, but it's still objectively flawed in incredibly obvious ways and does nothing to fix any of the ways that destiny 2 is an obvious regression from the first game. Also, they advertised a bunch of loot with the clear implication that it was part of the expansion, and it turns out it's all eververse stuff, which is objectively lovely.

it's not the end of the world, and $20 is not a lot of money, but nobody's wrong to complain about these things.

Here's a theory:

When vanilla D1 was published, most of that team transitioned to D2 development immediately and different leadership was responsible for D1 expansions and support. The expansion team cleaned up a lot of the mess left behind by the "main" team, listened to player feedback and turned it into a much more viable game.

But, due to pride and/or bad management, the D2 team had little to no communication with the expansion team. D2 gets released as basically an update / reboot of vanilla D1, and everyone who stuck with the original is wondering why Bungie is suddenly acting like it was in a fugue state for the last 3 years.

this is all based on absolutely nothing except working in corporate America, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if I'm right.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Legs Benedict posted:

Both ornaments for sale are for

rat

king

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's bonus upsetting that Bungie devoted effort into things like Selfie Emotes and +10% XP Ghosts, which nobody cares about

I have both and am pleased as punch about this.
I am retarded.
I prove his point.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Is Origin Story going to be available for a week (I noticed the limited time flag)?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Snuffman posted:

Is Origin Story going to be available for a week (I noticed the limited time flag)?

Oh poo poo what? Did my wish above about rotating past content get implemented already?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Looking forward to fifteen or so joyful pew-pew-less crucibles until the specter of indecision on my PvP loadout rears its ugly head.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it’s not like old d1 crucible/vanguard updates, they don’t have all-new stocks. you can still get all of the old stuff that’s not eververse stuff.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Snuffman posted:

Who sells this and where can I snag it? This was the only reason I was leveling a second character.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So now we need double the guns we use? one for vanguard and one for crucible masterwork versions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
If you have been collecting planetary vendor armor sets in your vault (and running out of slots), you can now delete them for space if you don't mind repurchasing them when needed from the vendor.

• Locked thread