Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ihatepants posted:

Rosenthal wrote a report earlier today about Machado and it includes a list of teams who it might make sense for the Orioles to trade with, but the best bit is this line: “[T]he only [club] the Orioles would rule out is the New York Yankees, with whom Peter Angelos does not want to trade, sources say." Red Sox would be a hilarious possibility for Machado.

Yankees need a third baseman but I think all the teams that might be willing to trade theirs are within the division (Machado, Donaldson, Longoria), so it will either not come cheap or they won't be willing to deal at all.

I think they need either a second or third baseman, not both. And I still think the odds of The Toddfather coming back are probably higher than we all think.

EDIT:
https://twitter.com/RedbirdMenace/status/940704703662436354

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

If the Beefy Lad fulfills his destiny by no longer being beefy, does it really count?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

bawfuls posted:

If the Beefy Lad fulfills his destiny by no longer being beefy, does it really count?

Still Beefy. just a Beefcake now.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The leanest meanest beef around

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Explosionface posted:

He's gone straight from 80/20 to like 95/5.

Also I just got this and feel dumb as poo poo.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bawfuls posted:

He's going to come out of the gate hitting like absolute poo poo, regain all the weight by the ASB, and then proceed to hit over .300 with roughly a million dingers for the second half. Because you don't realize how much you need the beef until you've lost it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Sydin posted:

Because you don't realize how much you need the beef until you've lost it.

Amen

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Dexo posted:

Also I just got this and feel dumb as poo poo.

It's okay, I'm just glad someone acknowledged it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Explosionface posted:

He's gone straight from 80/20 to like 95/5.

loving lmao

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Inspector_666 posted:

I think they need either a second or third baseman, not both. And I still think the odds of The Toddfather coming back are probably higher than we all think.

EDIT:
https://twitter.com/RedbirdMenace/status/940704703662436354

I have my doubts that Frazier will give the Yankees a discount. This might be his best shot at a big 3 year contract and I would think that the Yankees don't want to give him more than 1.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ihatepants posted:

I have my doubts that Frazier will give the Yankees a discount. This might be his best shot at a big 3 year contract and I would think that the Yankees don't want to give him more than 1.

I would be fine with a 2-year deal as long as everybody knows that he may not be starting for the entirety. I'm actually more adamant that CC be signed year-to-year, which is weird.

EDIT: Pretty much I want them to get under 197 this year with the assumption that they're willing to spend back above it at least next year, it's so doable. And Cashman has already been in touch with Todd's agent.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 12, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Explosionface posted:

It was very good, you should be proud

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

ihatepants posted:

Rosenthal wrote a report earlier today about Machado and it includes a list of teams who it might make sense for the Orioles to trade with, but the best bit is this line: “[T]he only [club] the Orioles would rule out is the New York Yankees, with whom Peter Angelos does not want to trade, sources say." Red Sox would be a hilarious possibility for Machado.

Yankees need a third baseman but I think all the teams that might be willing to trade theirs are within the division (Machado, Donaldson, Longoria), so it will either not come cheap or they won't be willing to deal at all.
Orioles will dangle Machado, refuse to deal with NY, obstinately refuse offers from other teams that aren’t a king’s ransom, get teams to stop dealing with entirely while Machado gets impatient and pressures the Orioles to make a move, cave to said pressure and make a deal with the Yankees for their deep talent pool at pitcher.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Buster makes it sound like the O's haven't really drawn a line in the sand regarding the Yankees.

https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/940722234750054401

(Get it done Cash!)

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 13, 2017

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

If they can get Machado and guarantee an extension I’d throw everything possible at that deal.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Buster makes is sound like the O's haven't really drawn a line in the sand regarding the Yankees.

(Get it done Cash!)

Machado and Harper would like to be on the same team, they're buds from way back. Viva El Birdos.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Inspector_666 posted:

Buster makes is sound like the O's haven't really drawn a line in the sand regarding the Yankees.

(Get it done Cash!)

...are the White Sox assuming they're going to be competing this year?

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

rickiep00h posted:

Yeah what the hell guys.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

rickiep00h posted:

I think they’re assuming someone will be desperate in July.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Am I being crazy to say I don't want to dump like Adams and Sheffield plus others for one year of a guy, with no guarantee that he'll re-sign, coming off a bad year?

I assume Machado is going to rebound but that seems crazy to me.

Edit: Yeah I'm over valuing prospects here pretty bad I think.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Dec 13, 2017

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

We need some views that will unite us, not divide us.

A Sage Baseball Mind posted:

There’s some good information in there, and it (analytics) expands your fan base because a lot of people love the game of baseball who couldn’t play it. That’s how they connect with Major League Baseball, through numbers and analytics. But what it’s also doing, and something I hate, and that’s driving guys like myself and older baseball guys who have been around baseball a long time — especially scouts — it’s driving them out of the game.

Surely nobody could guess the announcer.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-white-sox-hawk-harrelson-analytics-20171212-story.html

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Didn't he retire?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Explosionface posted:

I glossed over it thinking it was contract numbers. But going back to that comment

:master:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Anything that drives people like him out of the game is okay in my book imo

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
It would be nice for the Orioles to ignore the Yankees so that the Giants "yeah he's okay" tier prospects would look better.

I deleted it earlier because for some reason my brain thought Machado was a 1B (I don't care for the AL much okay), but yeah, have your pick of all this cheap young talent that nobody's projected to very high.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mikeraskol posted:

Am I being crazy to say I don't want to dump like Adams and Sheffield plus others for one year of a guy, with no guarantee that he'll re-sign, coming off a bad year?

I assume Machado is going to rebound but that seems crazy to me.

Edit: Yeah I'm over valuing prospects here pretty bad I think.

I don't want to send any pitching prospects to Baltimore because it's a fate worse than death, but if it got Machado with even an "I'll think about an extension" rider, I think I'd be ok.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I would rather not trade for Machado

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I appreciate that CC saved the Yankees money by continuing to wear the same size jersey

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Inspector_666 posted:

I don't want to send any pitching prospects to Baltimore because it's a fate worse than death, but if it got Machado with even an "I'll think about an extension" rider, I think I'd be ok.

Machado's positioned to making absolute bank in 2018, and his agent is Boras. Sorry, but he's not signing an extension.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Intruder posted:

I appreciate that CC saved the Yankees money by continuing to wear the same size jersey

Cost Conscious Sabathia.

Sydin posted:

Machado's positioned to making absolute bank in 2018, and his agent is Boras. Sorry, but he's not signing an extension.

BB Ref says his agent is Dan Lozano, and he was open to an extension with the O's in 2015...

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 13, 2017

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Inspector_666 posted:

BB Ref says his agent is Dan Lozano, and he was open to an extension with the O's in 2015...

If I'm remembering my time in Baltimore correctly, he had Boras when he was drafted but then switched agents a few years ago.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

if Machado replaces Castro in NY I will sacrifice all the innocent cute animals I can get my hands on in service of cursing the 2018 Yankees to mondo tank

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Been keeping an eye on the ballot tracker (http://bit.ly/hof18 ) and only like 10% of ballots are in, too few to draw any conclusions really, but it's pretty shocking to see Johan sitting at 0%.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Reformed Pissboy posted:

if Machado replaces Castro in NY I will sacrifice all the innocent cute animals I can get my hands on in service of cursing the 2018 Yankees to mondo tank

He'll replace Headley, maybe only kill ugly, guilty animals?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They should give Andujar a chance to win 3B.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

the Rockies signed Bryan Shaw.

that's good.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Spoeank posted:

"A 3 year deal, for 30 million in bitcoin"
*text notification*
"46 million"
*text notification*
"20 million"
*text notification*
"125 million"
*text notification*
"Hmmm it appears this contract is now below the minimum salary"

I meant that they could use it as a mechanism for under the table compensation. But yeah, that too.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

He's going to hit 50 homers this year.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Reed to phillies for 3 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Rangers talking with Arizona about Greinke. That would be really surprising.

• Locked thread