Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

cis autodrag posted:

Yes. Spironolactone is a potassium sparing diuretic. That means your kidneys are working double time but not passing potassium very quickly. This results in potassium buildup in the kidneys if you take in too much too quickly and can lead to renal failure. The biggest risks are salt substitutes and bananas because of their relatively high amount of potassium, but you should really be minimizing intake as much as possible. Also upping your sodium intake because you are losing a lot of it because, again, it's a diuretic.

None of that applies if you've had your testes removed (not on Spiro anymore), or are using a different testosterone blocker (which you won't be in the US because the fda doesn't allow it).

Also note that estrogen ups your risk of blood clots and nicotine makes it worse so if either of you smoke, now is a really good time to knock that poo poo off.

alright. hopefully some chunks in a fruit smoothie won't be a huge issue.

i don't have any immediate plans for hrt right now, so i'm not really worried about it myself.

it's funny in a way, after i wrote that big long mess i feel a lot better. i just don't know why it took this long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Zamujasa posted:

it's funny in a way, after i wrote that big long mess i feel a lot better. i just don't know why it took this long.

caitlyn jenners dumb e network show is what finally prompted me to come out lol. Our dumb brains work in mysterious ways.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Ciaphas posted:

like i imagine shaving the peach fuzz off of my arms and hands, then th ink about being asked by people at work (or, oh god, family) why I did that and I shudder massively
"Because I wanted to." should work well enough. Trust me, you often make these things bigger in your head than they're ever going to be in real life.

After all those years of running scenarios and trying to figure out how to explain this, that or the next thing, just about all I got when I did the big reveal was a chorus of "Well, yeah. No poo poo, Sherlock. You thought you were in?"

Zamujasa posted:

Because it's a little daunting, isn't it?

cis autodrag posted:

Our dumb brains work in mysterious ways.
Also this. Lots and lots of this.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Peeny Cheez posted:

"Because I wanted to." should work well enough. Trust me, you often make these things bigger in your head than they're ever going to be in real life.

i have a big beard and whenever i shave it off i get maybe one or two surprised looks and someone usually asks why and that's it, i doubt people would notice missing peach fuzz

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

cis autodrag posted:

caitlyn jenners dumb e network show is what finally prompted me to come out lol. Our dumb brains work in mysterious ways.

My crisis point came when I watched the Contra video hosted on Shauns channel and I had a total breakdown.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Ciaphas posted:

yeah, good point, sorry. i forget where i'm posting and who i'm talking to sometimes v:shobon:v

you're good! have a telepathic hug

being fat or afraid or thinking you're lazy or thinking that all your problems are your own fault and you don't deserve help

won't get you help, and doesn't make you unworthy getting help

i really hope you do see a therapist

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Glazier posted:

My crisis point came when I watched the Contra video hosted on Shauns channel and I had a total breakdown.

Mine was re-reading the left hand of darkness in college

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
no one's going to find out if you just shave your upper arms or something, especially this time of year

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

cis autodrag posted:

Our dumb brains work in mysterious ways.

you can say that again :v:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Zamujasa posted:

you can say that again :v:

Our dumb brains work in mysterious ways

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

cis autodrag posted:

a particularly horrifying case i heard anecdotally in my community was of a trans woman of color who was denied care for a gunshot when the ER doctor removed her clothes

well on the plus side i can think of a volunteer patient for the world's first ethical gunshot transplantation surgery

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

cis autodrag posted:

PS Hillary Clinton is the person who moved US passports to the letter from a doctor standard while she was secretary of state. What we could have had :smith:

while i am certain it would be a better universe where we didn't have orange 45 in office, hrc and obama did not come out in support of gay marriage until 12/13, when the opinion polls finally ticked over to 51% and it became politically obvious that this is the way that things were going to go now.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

thread no stop

9b817f5
Nov 1, 2007

weeps quietly in binary
embrace being a mess

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ultravoices posted:

while i am certain it would be a better universe where we didn't have orange 45 in office, hrc and obama did not come out in support of gay marriage until 12/13, when the opinion polls finally ticked over to 51% and it became politically obvious that this is the way that things were going to go now.

Gay marriage is not the only concern for the queer community...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
i just want to date more personally

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Improbable Lobster posted:

i just want to date more personally

you can do it, i believe in u

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

a

Progressive JPEG fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 8, 2020

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Progressive JPEG posted:

as someone who's currently applying for a resident visa with his husband, new zealand is particularly great at this

like what in this isn't completely reasonable

well, like any immigration system you're at the whim of the particular examiner if your country doesn't recognize gay marriage/partnership as to what constitutes evidence of a relationship.

also this:

quote:

Your partner’s character

If you apply for a visa based on your partnership with a New Zealand citizen or resident, your partner will need to meet character requirements. If they have any convictions for domestic violence or sexual offences before you apply, they won't meet our character requirements for supporting partners.

They don’t need to tell us about any previous convictions received in New Zealand that can be concealed under the Criminal Records (Clean Slate) Act 2004.

If they are uncertain whether they can conceal their criminal record under the clean slate scheme, they should contact the Ministry of Justice.

potentially bans anyone from a country with sodomy or other anti-homosexual laws who has been convicted under those laws.

it's possible the actual statute is clearer and this summary is just vague, but those are the warning signs for me.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

cis autodrag posted:

well, like any immigration system you're at the whim of the particular examiner if your country doesn't recognize gay marriage/partnership as to what constitutes evidence of a relationship.

gay marriage has been legal in nz for about twice as long as in the us so

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Progressive JPEG posted:

gay marriage has been legal in nz for about twice as long as in the us so

you're confused. im talking about if youre immigrating to NZ from like Russia. the website is about getting an NZ visa.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

Our dumb brains work in mysterious ways

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

you're confused. im talking about if youre immigrating to NZ from like Russia. the website is about getting an NZ visa.
I think that section means that any sexual offenses which are also offenses under New Zealand law at the time of application. The compelling interest is to exclude those who are likely to break New Zealand law.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Peeny Cheez posted:

I think that section means that any sexual offenses which are also offenses under New Zealand law at the time of application. The compelling interest is to exclude those who are likely to break New Zealand law.

Right, but it's vague and vague is bad when you're at the mercy of a humans judgement. If the statute is more specific then it might be fine.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

cis autodrag posted:

Right, but it's vague and vague is bad when you're at the mercy of a humans judgement. If the statute is more specific then it might be fine.

In terms of more details, it looks like they've got this summary, and this chapter of an operations manual for the immigration officers themselves.

In the context of this thread, section A5.25 of the manual mentions that a character waiver could be needed if the applicant had been "convicted at any time of any offence of a sexual nature", and there are instructions further down about what would be considered when deciding to issue the waiver (e.g. actual severity of conviction, how long ago it was, whether there are multiple instances). But from looking at the text of Immigration Act 2009 the only mention I see of anything relating to "sex" or "sexual" is an amendment relating to commercial prostitution.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Progressive JPEG posted:

In terms of more details, it looks like they've got this summary, and this chapter of an operations manual for the immigration officers themselves.

In the context of this thread, section A5.25 of the manual mentions that a character waiver could be needed if the applicant had been "convicted at any time of any offence of a sexual nature", and there are instructions further down about what would be considered when deciding to issue the waiver (e.g. actual severity of conviction, how long ago it was, whether there are multiple instances). But from looking at the text of Immigration Act 2009 the only mention I see of anything relating to "sex" or "sexual" is an amendment relating to commercial prostitution.

ok, that's a little better, but it's still a bit trans-exclusionary given how many trans people are forced into prostitution to make ends meet. (yes i'm being nitpicky here, they asked if we could find anything wrong with NZ's policy :D)

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

I'm just working on the assumption that the NZ legal system isn't quite as lovely as the US's, much less 50 times over. Maybe some of you sheep-fuckers can correct me, but as a commonwealth country I imagine that parliamentary binding rules* also apply and you've got a similar enough judiciary that even if someone got a pickle up their rear end about a conviction for consensual sodomy or crimes against nature** it could be worked out.

* This one is a double-edged sword. Solves so many problems, but can also cause so many others.
** I don't know if this is still on the books, but it sure as poo poo was in Las Vegas in 2007.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

for better or worse their constitution can be changed by majority vote

there's a segment relating to elections that requires a 3/4 majority, but the section defining that requirement can itself be changed with a majority so lol

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Progressive JPEG posted:

for better or worse their constitution can be changed by majority vote

there's a segment relating to elections that requires a 3/4 majority, but the section defining that requirement can itself be changed with a majority so lol

works for california, let's put limits on raising property taxes without public approval until we go bankrupt

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
its ok california got a budget surplus now

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Triglav posted:

its ok california got a budget surplus now

Ya but only after every last queer was evicted from sf to make room for Indian and white techbros

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

i bought one of those binders posted earlier and was going to post a trip report but i can't even get the thing on* so instead you get this lovely post
rip :20bux: i guess

*yes i followed the directions of pulling it up over my rear end which is apparently too mighty for it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
yeah rip

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Shaman Linavi posted:

i bought one of those binders posted earlier and was going to post a trip report but i can't even get the thing on* so instead you get this lovely post

*yes i followed the directions of pulling it up over my rear end which is apparently too mighty for it.

wash it, and dry it in the drier a few times. they loosen up. after you get it to where you can put it on, only wash it on cold and as infrequently as possible and always air dry.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Shaman Linavi posted:

condolences on your big rear end.

from what my guy friends tell me, the whole point of a binder is to be so tight it almost kills you and it is a mighty struggle to put them on, so it might just be normal?

i get my new boobs in a few weeks and i cant wait aghghghghgh.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

yaay is it cool to say congrats? :)

seconding pinball wizard, thats my experience with clothes that juuust a bit too small

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Powaqoatse posted:

yaay is it cool to say congrats? :)

the traditional transgender way to do it is to scream at your monitor MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH BOOBGRABULATIONS

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:hai:

*screams*

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

alongside your avatar this is perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

haha

i just posted "gimme a butt avatar" somewhere and welp there you go. i like it though, it has a certain je m'en branle