Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win?
Moore! *grope*
Jones! *shrugs, looks around* who?
View Results

• Locked thread
Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/gdebenedetti/status/940741099982901248

https://twitter.com/keithellison/status/940963026685104128

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dan Jones knows what it takes to keep are country safe

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DNC going all guerilla tactics.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

DNC going all guerilla tactics.
that's all they can afford after obama and later hillary robbed them lol

they're also finding about the good part of the diminishing returns spending curve

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Maybe the answer is to run appropriate candidates to where they can win at the local, state and national level, but most importantly, to keep winning so that the policy arguments are played out in the finer details of a shared goal rather than vs. homicidal maniac billionaires who want to kill us all.
once an election is over, the dems have zero incentive to listen to anyone with a different viewpoint.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

alnilam posted:

did the pedo concede yet

https://twitter.com/govmikehuckabee/status/940918705105534976

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fmr. Gov. Mike Huckabee, welcome to the resistance

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Also, if you don't give the GOP a way to turn the race into a strawman beatdown against every bogeyman in the playbook, they don't seem to get fired up as much. I have a sneaking suspicion that the years of getting their base hooked on "triggering libs" and "fighting the agenda" is gonna backfire if the DNC figures out that they can just stay off the stage and let the candidates speak for themselves.

It's pretty clear they tried that super hard, and kept trying it after Moore lost by claiming Jones had to caucus with the GOP. It backfired because that message didn't have a lot to latch on to. The closest thing to "Hollywood celebrities" was who, Charles Barkley? Nobody from any "wing" of the party at large went down there, no Hillary, no Bernie, no Elizabeth, they didn't give the party referendum tactic any exposed flesh to stab at and it turned the race back on to Moore the ChiMo vs Jones, Jailer of klan Terrorists. Bannon showed up, trump kind of did a hover hand thing by rallying in Pensacola, both tried to make it into a party-vote thing and it just didn't close the deal. Black voters absolutely won that election with turnout, and that is what makes the white apathy (seriously, Moore carried less than half trump's vote haul) all the more glaring. If this can be reproduced in places where that kind of turnout is impossible (i.e. plains states, Midwest rural areas) then lmaoooo

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Fallen Hamprince posted:

they are, just not as much as they are anti-dem

Stfu you bargain brand zegermans

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

oops

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

FAUXTON posted:

Also, if you don't give the GOP a way to turn the race into a strawman beatdown against every bogeyman in the playbook, they don't seem to get fired up as much. I have a sneaking suspicion that the years of getting their base hooked on "triggering libs" and "fighting the agenda" is gonna backfire if the DNC figures out that they can just stay off the stage and let the candidates speak for themselves.

It's pretty clear they tried that super hard, and kept trying it after Moore lost by claiming Jones had to caucus with the GOP. It backfired because that message didn't have a lot to latch on to. The closest thing to "Hollywood celebrities" was who, Charles Barkley? Nobody from any "wing" of the party at large went down there, no Hillary, no Bernie, no Elizabeth, they didn't give the party referendum tactic any exposed flesh to stab at and it turned the race back on to Moore the ChiMo vs Jones, Jailer of klan Terrorists. Bannon showed up, trump kind of did a hover hand thing by rallying in Pensacola, both tried to make it into a party-vote thing and it just didn't close the deal. Black voters absolutely won that election with turnout, and that is what makes the white apathy (seriously, Moore carried less than half trump's vote haul) all the more glaring. If this can be reproduced in places where that kind of turnout is impossible (i.e. plains states, Midwest rural areas) then lmaoooo

Moore lost because he's a pedophile hth

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I very much enjoy the fact that the dems turned out the base (minorities and young people) and won in a seemingly unwinnable states and centrists are now gloating instead of realizing the Abuela/Ossof strategy of trying to appeal to Republican Lites was a really loving dumb thing to do.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

FAUXTON posted:

Nobody from any "wing" of the party at large went down there, no Hillary, no Bernie, no Elizabeth, they didn't give the party referendum tactic any exposed flesh to stab at and it turned the race back on to Moore the ChiMo vs Jones, Jailer of klan Terrorists.

They called in Booker late but that was pretty obviously targetting turnout among the black base, the Jones campaign was very good about avoiding nationalizing the race

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jones and the Dems are just lucky that young people are so politically active.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'd thank Bernie for that, but then hampiss might get the vapors.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Frijolero posted:

Jones and the Dems are just lucky that young black people are so politically active.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Matt Zerella posted:

I very much enjoy the fact that the dems turned out the base (minorities and young people) and won in a seemingly unwinnable states and centrists are now gloating instead of realizing the Abuela/Ossof strategy of trying to appeal to Republican Lites was a really loving dumb thing to do.

they were still doing this until the last week of the campaign lol

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Frijolero posted:

Moore lost because he's a pedophile hth
Yeah, I would be skeptical of drawing any general conclusions from this about either electoral strategy or prospects for Dem pickups in 2018.

Very happy though.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Hey, dipshit, it's both. They're lucky it's both.

Black voters weren't there to save the dems, they were there to save themselves. Barkley was on CNN talking about how Dems need to stop taking the black vote for granted and he's right. Jones needs to actually do something for them to have any shot again in 2020.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

exquisite tea posted:

Maybe the answer is to run appropriate candidates to where they can win at the local, state and national level, but most importantly, to keep winning so that the policy arguments are played out in the finer details of a shared goal rather than vs. homicidal maniac billionaires who want to kill us all.

How dare you suggest this I have to be righteously indignant at people more or less on the same side as me!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/RepMaxineWaters...%3D3106%23pti17

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

the important thing is to be mad, online, at all times

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

the bitcoin of weed posted:

they were still doing this until the last week of the campaign lol

well thank goodness they stopped doing that in time

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

well thank goodness they stopped doing that in time

WHOOSH

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i'm glad doug jones dominated moore on tv and proved the very successful northam strategy can win elections

zen death robot
May 27, 2001
shut the gently caress up hamprince

zen death robot
May 27, 2001
jones is gonna get destroyed in 2020 lol

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/c_garrettjones/status/940799362019545088

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

zen death robot posted:

alabama macron

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/940960270582734848

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

zen death robot posted:

jones join the dsa

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

zen death robot posted:

:thunk:

zen death robot posted:

Moore gonna win bigly

zen death robot posted:

Roy Moore is Alabama as gently caress and of course he's gonna win

just sayin'

zen death robot
May 27, 2001

that's a hell of a take

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/williamcson/status/940792119752577026

https://twitter.com/williamcson/status/940805505001410560

https://twitter.com/Eugene_Scott/status/940824074997166080

white liberals aren't going to learn anything from this

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

*trips over myself to make a pithy comment so I'm the adult in the room*

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
A profoundly toxic pedophile losing by 1.5% does not change the fundamentals of Alabama politics, it reinforces them. The only way Jones wins in 2020 is if Roy Moore gets the nomination again.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Kazak_Hstan posted:

A profoundly toxic pedophile losing by 1.5% does not change the fundamentals of Alabama politics, it reinforces them. The only way Jones wins in 2020 is if Roy Moore gets the nomination again.

He can absolutely win again if he does right by young people and the black community.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I was convinced Moore would win, so it's I guess...comforting...that he lost.

Maybe, things can matter :unsmith:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
even if the exact same turnout magic happened (tons of dems turn out and all the republicans don't turn out), he still loses without the 10% of republican voters that defected to him.

i'm a pretty optimistic guy but there's absolutely no way he wins re-election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jon Doug remembered he needed black support two weeks ago lol

• Locked thread