Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah he’s called the GunSMITH not the GunSELL. He’s making guns from the parts you turn in.

No you can’t request what gun he should make what a terrible idea.

It's not like he'd be able to remember what you requested anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Oxyclean posted:

Maybe it is daily, I thought I read in the patch notes it was weekly.
I would not be surprised if it was supposed to be weekly and this was just a pleasant accident for today. I'm starting to make the rounds. EDZ is selling the Hawthorne's Shotgun, which is the full auto one. Yesterday he was selling the Call to Serve or some other gun I've gotten a millon dupes of to the point of opening an engram and getting just that yesterday after seeing that.

Titan is selling the Nox Echo instead of Single clap. So I'm really hoping this is a for reals daily rotation rather than some quirk of an intended weekly rotation. It would certainly give me a bigger reason to grind up tokens.

EDIT: Nessus is selling the Mornin Comes sniper rifle. Which I could have sworn was RNJesus pool, given the Shepherd's Watch (which I like more) is cited as the Nessus pool sniper. Though Destinysets for as great as it is does have it's gaps. They still only list 8 guns for Io.

So today's apparent gun vendor rotation.

Zavala: Wicked Sister (Grenade. Plain vanilla traits with auto-load holster)
Shax: didn't look because I can't without burning my powerful engram :v:
EDZ: Hawthorne (Full auto shotgun :swoon:)
Titan: Nox Echo III (Fusion)
Nessus: Mornin Comes (Sniper)

"I wonder what they changed Io to... It's going to be the mother loving ra-"

Io: Rattler (Energy semi-auto Sidearm) :argh:

You unlock Io's best Legendary gun by doing the postgame blue quest anyways though. gently caress yeah, Man o War Linear fusion.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Dec 13, 2017

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Call it superstition: I only just got my Devils last night after using True Prophecy for a few matches.

I swear upon nothing at all that the RNG in this game “listens,” but also can be fickle.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Section Z posted:

Shax: didn't look because I can't without burning my powerful engram :v:

You can push escape to clear the Luminous off the menu temporarily and see the normal stuff without picking it up.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Section Z posted:

Stuff about sets

I should have been slightly more specific. I know how tokens work and how armor stats work, I was curious about getting weapons from vendors as of yesterday's update. I didn't get a chance to log in after the patch and wasn't sure how things had changed since before. As I understand it with the new system, all vendors now offer all of the armor (specific to your class of course) for legendary shards, along with the ornaments. I wasn't certain about weapons though.

Oxyclean posted:

Apparently Positive Outlook is from Vanguard. Vendors have one slot for a legendary weapon and it cycles each week, IIRC.

That's what I wanted to know, thanks. Is it always the same weapon for everyone? If so, could anyone check what gun Zavala is offering now?

E: On Sunday my hunter completed the call to arms and got Better Devils and Uriel's Gift from the same powerful. So now I feel like I have to rely upon the rotating weapons because that right there has used up like all of my luck ever.

khy fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 13, 2017

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Same weapon for all players, rotating each day.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Hey is Coldheart still prochoice for Calus? Especially with the lens nerf t through January? Got a 322 Coldheart drop and I'm trying to decide whether to feed it to my Origin Story, Sweet Business, Lens or just keep it for Calus. I'm wondering if Lens is still the better choice despite being nerfed because the expanding damage bubble seems like it would be ridiculous for skulls.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

DrNutt posted:

Hey is Coldheart still prochoice for Calus? Especially with the lens nerf t through January? Got a 322 Coldheart drop and I'm trying to decide whether to feed it to my Origin Story, Sweet Business, Lens or just keep it for Calus. I'm wondering if Lens is still the better choice despite being nerfed because the expanding damage bubble seems like it would be ridiculous for skulls.

Lens does poo poo damage on Calus/any other single target like that so even though it would be bonkers for skulls you’re still gonna be shorting yourself overall DPS.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Legs Benedict posted:

Lens does poo poo damage on Calus/any other single target like that so even though it would be bonkers for skulls you’re still gonna be shorting yourself overall DPS.

So what you're saying is bring lens for skulls and have Sins of the Past equipped for the DPS phase. Got it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Speaking of Calus, has anyone figured out what the patch notes meant by "Adjusted the difficulty of the Calus encounter"?

This was a totally separate line item from all the poo poo about the Leviathan difficulty/reward stuff.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Speaking of Calus, has anyone figured out what the patch notes meant by "Adjusted the difficulty of the Calus encounter"?

This was a totally separate line item from all the poo poo about the Leviathan difficulty/reward stuff.

He starts dropping the massive fire puddles at 2/3rds health instead of 1/3rd, and each door spawns two elite shielded mobs instead of 1 during the add phases.

I'm just kidding I don't know that for sure. I'm curious about it as well though.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Yo is there somewhere I can read like a solid summary of all thte lore and what the hell is actually going on?

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
I got that mango sentinel.

HQ Version

Floor is lava fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 13, 2017

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Yo is there somewhere I can read like a solid summary of all thte lore and what the hell is actually going on?

Ishtar Collective.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Perfect, thanks

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Angry Walrus posted:

Ishtar Collective.

http://ishtar-collective.net/

Alan Is More Upset posted:

:eyepop: You unlocked the Vanguard ornaments already?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You can no longer do 2 throne 4 shadow split anymore although I don't know why, just what I was told.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Waffle House posted:

http://ishtar-collective.net/

:eyepop: You unlocked the Vanguard ornaments already?

no :negative:

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
So how do the legendary armor ornaments work? Are they like exotic ornaments where you can freely apply/remove them from all your copies of that armor, or are they single use items?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I must say you look great fantastic, the citrus flavors are quite fetching

ponzicar posted:

So how do the legendary armor ornaments work? Are they like exotic ornaments where you can freely apply/remove them from all your copies of that armor, or are they single use items?

They are on/off as you please!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Ornaments work like D1 shaders, once you unlock them you can swap them in and off at will even during a (non equipment locked) raid.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It's too bad the Lion Rampant ornament clashes with the New Monarchy shaders, because they are probably my fave titan boots.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Alan Is More Upset posted:

HQ Version

Pretty rad. Not sure why I did this

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
There's a new shader for each faction (that non dlc havers took away from us this week) and you can preview them at the vendor. New Monarchy is probably the weakest one since they just took New Monarchy Diamonds (I think) and cranked saturation to max.

The FWC one is the best because it's completely different from the previous ones and suits Lakshmi-2 way more

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Got a masterwork Nameless Midnight :getin:

I can't decide what stat I should fish for though. It dropped with +mag, which equates to 1 bullet. Reload speed, maybe?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Wilekat posted:

Got a masterwork Nameless Midnight :getin:

I can't decide what stat I should fish for though. It dropped with +mag, which equates to 1 bullet. Reload speed, maybe?

Probably, yeah. But I'll say this - 99% of the Goodness of a Masterwork is the fact that it barfs orbs everywhere. If I were you, I'd save up another 20 MW Cores to upgrade my Energy and Heavy slots to Masterworks, long before I'd spend any cores trying to reroll the piddly little perk bonus.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Probably, yeah. But I'll say this - 99% of the Goodness of a Masterwork is the fact that it barfs orbs everywhere. If I were you, I'd save up another 20 MW Cores to upgrade my Energy and Heavy slots to Masterworks, long before I'd spend any cores trying to reroll the piddly little perk bonus.

This is a very sensible suggestion.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Barcley posted:

I finally got a Better Devils! This thing is great.

Also, I was thinking about the factions and they seem to mirror the enemy races in some ways.

Dead Orbit = Fallen because they also want to leave their home system in search of a better life

New Monarchy = Cabal cause they want to build up earth into a military empire it seems

Future War Cult = Vex because they're trying to predict the future to help ensure victory

Vanguard = Hive because they are all about space magic and following big floating things

I wonder if at some point there was a story path where you could choose humanity's destiny by deciding what faction to support. Is there a reason why the game is named destiny anyway? It's not clear to me.

Fun fact: FWC actually has a vex computer that people were using to predict the future in the Golden Age. It made everyone go insane and kill themselves though.

They maybe use it sometimes still, it's not clear. FWC is still best because their armor owns and their colors are space NASCAR and Shohreh Aghdashloo has an extremely good and cool voice.

JerikTelorian fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Dec 14, 2017

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

JerikTelorian posted:

Fun fact: FWC actually has a vex computer that people were working on in the Golden Age to use for predictions. It made everyone go insane and kill themselves though.

They maybe use it sometimes still, it's not clear. FWC is still best because their armor owns and their colors are space NASCAR and Shohreh Aghdashloo has an extremely good and cool voice.

Doesn't she just?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I'm torn because FW is the coolest faction but I reall like the space goth gear

e] I was stoked because I got a Sweet Business, but it doesn't feel like I ever have enough ammo for it to really be useful :sigh:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I like New Monarchy as a Titan because they have the Space Knight aesthetic

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I'm torn because FW is the coolest faction but I reall like the space goth gear

e] I was stoked because I got a Sweet Business, but it doesn't feel like I ever have enough ammo for it to really be useful :sigh:

It really needs like double the ammo capacity.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I love FWC aesthetic but NM shaders are better. I went FWC last time so I'll just alternate back and forth.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
There is a sidearm (lol) available to people who are pledged to all 3 and a ship for people who pledge to the same one 3 times.

Im not sure if that means you can just do all 3 in the same rally with 3 characters or not.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Fun fact: when Marina Sirtis was cast as an Iranian woman in Crash, her first thought was "oh, Shohreh must be busy with another project."

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Yeah she is one of the best parts of FWC. And Expanse.

Oh and the FWC lounge is pimp as hell. I guess the NM one is pretty swank too but the DO one is just kinda ... in the hangar.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Barcley posted:

Is there a reason why the game is named destiny anyway? It's not clear to me.
As the protagonist you are destined to kill the biggest threats to Earth. This is why your character never questions an order and always blindly jumps forward into battle.

As a Destiny player you are destined to find something in the game not to your liking and complain about it. This is because Bungie never quite 100% nailed exactly what it is they wanted Destiny to be has Activision as a publisher.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Dec 14, 2017

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Zaphod42 posted:

I love FWC aesthetic but NM shaders are better. I went FWC last time so I'll just alternate back and forth.

Yeah, New Monarchy's shaders are so pretty, and it's probably who I'm going with.

I still haven't found any chest armor I like quite as much as the S1 Eververse Warlock chestpiece, anyways, so the armor isn't as huge a consideration for me.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
apparently someone got a better devils with +impact on it...this is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Does not owning the Osiris expansion limit me in anyway at the moment?

I only hit level 20 yesterday.

• Locked thread