Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
Thank you very much for this!

Wow, even Germany is in there with someone called "Itch Creme"...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Bloodplay it again posted:

Aw yeah! Just got a few wisdom teeth taken out today and this is exactly what I needed. Thank you kakaricho, RS, and hirayuki.

:lol: at the torrent comments on nyaa though. "Also reminder that the show’s proper English title is GameCenter CX and not Game Center CX. This nomenclature is canon." (despite the fact that neither GameCenter CX nor Game Center CX are listed in the description) :rolleyes: From now on, I'm calling the show Game Center C X. Isn't the proper English title Retro Game Master anyway, if you wanna get picky?

edit: And I just wanna say that I appreciate you four continuously releasing hardcoded subs. The soft subs of the past few non-SA-GCCX releases do not work well with Videostream for some reason. For example, the "Nancy" radio-in text of the Taito Chase HQ shows up at maybe 2 pt font size and the timing seems to be off in the sense that subtitles often overlap each other, making it hard or impossible to read. That said, I don't have the issues in VLC, so I generally have to re-watch the softsub videos in VLC.

Awww, you edited your medicated rant before I got to respond to it!

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

univbee posted:

Super Mario Maker Live Challenge Special

Translated by kakaricho
Timed by Random Stranger
Proofread by hirayuki

https://nyaa.si/view/986984
So surreal to be watching a subbed episode of GCCX that I feature in. Thanks so much for this one, guys. :)

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

univbee posted:

Translated by kakaricho
Timed by Random Stranger
Proofread by hirayuki

I was furious on a stage called "JUST HOLD Y" Arino didn't follow the ONE instruction and tried to jump in what was basically an automatic stage like 5 times.

Never Change, Kacho.

Mace Bacon fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Dec 13, 2017

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I lost it at "Don't lose yourself" stage.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Tag yourself I'm ULTRA VIOLATOR AND EXCITER.

Can anyone do me a solid and re-upload the Parappa the Rapper episode? :shobon:

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Cat Machine posted:

So surreal to be watching a subbed episode of GCCX that I feature in. Thanks so much for this one, guys. :)

That was a great moment indeed!

Now we just need the Seicross episode subbed. I want to see Arino drinking the Johnny Walker at the end!

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Pentaro posted:

Tag yourself I'm ULTRA VIOLATOR AND EXCITER.

Can anyone do me a solid and re-upload the Parappa the Rapper episode? :shobon:

Here you go. I think it uploaded fine. Try it out and let me know.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

PureRok posted:

Thanks! You truly are a Retro Game Master :bubblewoop:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

joek0 posted:

That was a great moment indeed!

Now we just need the Seicross episode subbed. I want to see Arino drinking the Johnny Walker at the end!

Hang on a second - Seicross has an ending?!

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Pastry of the Year posted:

Hang on a second - Seicross has an ending?!

From March 2016:

Kakaricho posted:

At the end of the title roll for Seicross, Arino popped up and said "We're drinking tonight!" followed by the King saying "He received a gift", which can only mean Cat Machine's whiskey made it's debut!

When they were explaining why he sent the whiskey, they showed clips of the Super Mario Maker live challenge, playing bagpipe music over it.

He didn't read Cat Machine's message on air, but the lack of a letterhead here tells me he's reading it here.

"Once the challenge is over, let's all have a drink!"

"A toast with the Johnny Walker"

Arino took a small sip and grimaced, but Oosuka just knocked back his like it was no big deal.

Japanese fans were talking about it on Twitter too, my favorite was (since he couldn't beat the game) was "It looks like he's drowning his sorrows"
Also, the King's message at the end was roughly "Couldn't play tonight's game without drinking".

Congratulations on being named on the show twice, Cat Machine!

joek0 fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 13, 2017

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

joek0 posted:

From March 2016:

Game Center CX truly is a magic show. A guy who likes it gets his level chosen, talks about it to other fans on the internet, works out sending a bottle of whiskey from within Japan with another fan, and gets on the show twice.

I think the fact they keep their fans so close to heart is part of why it's still so successful.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Dec 14, 2017

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Bloodplay it again posted:

:lol: at the torrent comments on nyaa though. "Also reminder that the show’s proper English title is GameCenter CX and not Game Center CX. This nomenclature is canon." (despite the fact that neither GameCenter CX nor Game Center CX are listed in the description) :rolleyes: From now on, I'm calling the show Game Center C X. Isn't the proper English title Retro Game Master anyway, if you wanna get picky?

Actually, if you look at how the show's logo is rendered in English, there's the exact same kerning between "Game" and "Center" as there is between "Center" and "CX". So, if someone wants to use a English rendered version of the logo as justification for how the show is spelled in English than the "proper English title" is GameCenterCX.

Or you can be a sane person.

[For a real laugh, the Discotek box set has both "GameCenter CX" and "Game Center CX" on the packaging. It's almost as if there is no "canon nomenclature".]

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 15, 2017

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!

univbee posted:

Huh. Not sure what happened here. I did the encode a little while ago, and don't remember specifically what I did, but do remember the resolution and framerate being weird. Sorry about that. At least it's a 5-minute thing so would be quick to fix, hopefully the 2-hour main course fares better. :ohdear:

Translated by kakaricho
Timed by Random Stranger
Proofread by hirayuki

Laughed everytime Matsui jumped to another level. I'm also guessing that "your mom" jokes don't translate well to Japanese? Probably could have had quite a few great jokes off of that one alone

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Mace Bacon posted:

I was furious on a stage called "JUST HOLD Y" Arino didn't follow the ONE instruction and tried to jump in what was basically an automatic stage like 5 times.

Never Change, Kacho.

Yes. Even worse was the puzzle stage, where he just tried the same thing over and over. And even when he was close to the solution, he found ways to needlessly screw up by arranging the P-block and the shell in the worst possible way. What happened to the Puzzle Chief?

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

cubeboy posted:

I'm also guessing that "your mom" jokes don't translate well to Japanese? Probably could have had quite a few great jokes off of that one alone

I didn't want to be libel for any stomachs ruptured from laughing at "The Chief in coming in your mom's place!"

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

PureRok posted:

:yeah: nice one! I'll be taking that too thank you very much!

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

2017 is almost over, so let's look forward to 2018, GCCX style

https://imgur.com/a/cI1pC

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The event for DVD box 14 is today (23rd JST), so follow the official account and event hashtag if you want to see pictures.

https://twitter.com/gccx1223

https://twitter.com/hashtag/gccx1223?src=hash

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I want that phone stand.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

*Sound of a body slam*

https://twitter.com/makiron2426999/status/944439332739334144

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
The stamp rally was pretty cool, except for this bozo riding around on a rented bike distracting everyone.

I didn't do the second lap this year, but I had to get the card for it because the illustration was incredible.

You were supposed to solve the name of the Famicom game she accidentally deep-fried.

leather fedora fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Dec 23, 2017

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

leather fedora posted:

The stamp rally was pretty cool, except for this bozo riding around on a rented bike distracting everyone.

Hey, he's got the Canada mittens I gave him last year!

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

leather fedora posted:

I didn't do the second lap this year, but I had to get the card for it because the illustration was incredible.

You were supposed to solve the name of the Famicom game she accidentally deep-fried.

He was going back-and-forth between the rally and a VS. Arashi shoot. Busy guy. And I didn't watch Kemono Friends, but I still think that's a great pun.

edit - the first challenge of 2018 is "a manga game." That narrows it down!

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 24, 2017

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Kakaricho posted:

He was going back-and-forth between the rally and a VS. Arashi shoot. Busy guy. And I didn't watch Kemono Friends, but I still think that's a great pun.

Are you thinking of Kan, or was Arino a part of that too?

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

zari-gani posted:

Are you thinking of Kan, or was Arino a part of that too?

Kan was, he apparently made a short speech at the start apologizing for not being there all day.

Arino was sort-of at the event this year for his book signing.

http://asahiya-jp.com/news/senkouyoyaku20171221/

You can see some sample pages here.

http://asahiya-jp.com/book/9784751112922/

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

December 26th is Toujima's birthday.

@Shintamination

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

Kakaricho posted:

Arino was sort-of at the event this year for his book signing.

So we need another book translation now? :-)

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I got the GCCX 15th Anniversary wall calendar for Christmas. :)

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Hirayuki posted:

I got the GCCX 15th Anniversary wall calendar for Christmas. :)

Does your's have the photo of Arino eating squid in it? I keep putting mine in places to surprise my wife.
Daily diary is the winner so far, she threw a pillow at me.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 28, 2017

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Yep. I...don't know what I'll do with it.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Hirayuki posted:

Yep. I...don't know what I'll do with it.

Frame it, of course.

(It was then that Kakaricho decided to swap out a framed picture of his son with a picture of Arino for his next prank.)

If I stop posting, she killed me for it, and it was worth it.

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!
Retro Game Master USA's facebook page randomly made a post today. Anyone have any insight as to what that's all about?

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

cubeboy posted:

Retro Game Master USA's facebook page randomly made a post today. Anyone have any insight as to what that's all about?

What's the post?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

cubeboy posted:

It just says (in Japanese) "Thank you for another year of watching Pictures Dept. films in theatres, video rental stores, TV, and Internet. We wish you another very good year of movies in 2018."

My insight is... someone posted in the wrong account.

I'll take this opportunity to say we are working on many episodes!! I'm taking as much advantage as I can of this holiday downtime.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

zari-gani posted:

I'll take this opportunity to say we are working on many episodes!! I'm taking as much advantage as I can of this holiday downtime.

Thank you, team, for still being at this for so many years.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

hexwren posted:

Thank you, team, for still being at this for so many years.

Thanks to everyone here for always being so nice and patient!

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

zari-gani posted:

I'm also puttering along at my usual pace!

I'd get more done, but I have a strict supervisor looking at me even when I'm free.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Kakaricho posted:

I'm also puttering along at my usual pace!

I'd get more done, but I have a strict supervisor looking at me even when I'm free.

I thought it was going to be the picture of Arino.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

zari-gani posted:

I immensely appreciate your team for all the exceptional hard work in getting me addicted to a Japanese show about an aging moron who still never learns about "phase two" in a boss fight after 12 years.

You're all the most awesome people in this forum, IMHO anyways :thumbsup: here's to you a happy 2018.