Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I think you can just use any modern earphones with a mic for smartphones. I’ve been doing that successfully with the various ones I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ineffiable posted:

I think they said they messed up and they're gonna have to patch hdr in later.

Way to go bungo

Yesterday's patch was supposed to have fixed HDR but I don't have the gear to try it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
If you don't just use a full headset with all audio routed to it, you're doing it wrong.

No one wants to hear your TV. If you're one of those people that hates over ear headphones and think they're all terrible, you just haven't found the right ones for you yet. Your ears can be deformed and/or gigantic and there's still a set of comfortable head/earphones that will work for you out there.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Fuzz posted:

If you don't just use a full headset with all audio routed to it, you're doing it wrong.

No one wants to hear your TV. If you're one of those people that hates over ear headphones and think they're all terrible, you just haven't found the right ones for you yet. Your ears can be deformed and/or gigantic and there's still a set of comfortable head/earphones that will work for you out there.

Nobody hears your TV if the volume is at a reasonable level and you're not right next to it, and I don't like using over-ear headphones regardless of how comfortable they are.

Auron posted:

All the chat headsets generally suck and are uncomfortable on the side that does not have the speaker.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-wired-mono-on-the-ear-chat-headset-for-playstation-4-black-blue/3624018.p?skuId=3624018

I used that for awhile, but the plastic thing that digs in your head starts to hurt after an hour or so.

I've seen things like this and I guess I could use that kinda thing, but I've also seen headphones that rest on one ear, which would be perfect. (Also I don't really like this one aesthetically, but that's a secondary concern.)

Samurai Sanders posted:

I think you can just use any modern earphones with a mic for smartphones. I’ve been doing that successfully with the various ones I have.

Unfortunately the few 3.5mm headphones I've tried have done fine with sound output but don't transmit my mic audio :(

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
rear end Creed Origins is a lot of fun, but it's also pretty cool because when I put it on Easy, my partner (who generally gets confused by control schemes in this sort of stuff) likes to plod about, climb, explore and shoot gazelle. Tells me off if I kill crocodiles while he's in the room. :3:

Looking forward to the explorer's mode early next year.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I'm waiting for a deal to get AC: Origins for my gf, but even if there isn't one I think I'm going to get it for her, based on a lot of the praise I'm hearing.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

I don't like using over-ear headphones regardless of how comfortable they are.

They universally give me headaches after an hour+, often earlier.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

kirbysuperstar posted:

I hope it's not snarky rampant Bungle AI.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Edmond Dantes posted:

Wipeout Omega Collection is 20 bucks, 16 if you have PSN+

I think I'm going to grab it.

gently caress I just bought this for $30 like 2 days ago

Anyway, it's very good

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ben Nerevarine posted:

gently caress I just bought this for $30 like 2 days ago

Anyway, it's very good

It's stunning how bad I am at it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wipeouts driving is hard

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

It's a difficult game. One of the reasons the franchise died.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

I guess it's "cheating," but there's an option to have it bounce you off walls, like bumper bowling. I find it a lot more fun to not come to almost a full stop if I skim a wall.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Bit of practice is all it takes. It's difficult but why pout?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Put on headphones and play without distractions, it's like a rhythm game and if you're thinking of other things you'll have a lot of trouble.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I wasn't pouting it's fun as hell. I was complaining earlier that the fighter I unlocked was bad for what I was trying to do (it's cool as hell looking though) then looked up some videos and realized exactly how lovely I truly am. :v:

I thought the driver assist option was kind of bad though. It just kept veering me into walls, like at 90 degree angles.

quote:

One of the reasons the franchise died.

Why do all the racing franchises I actually like end up dead :saddowns:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

RBA Starblade posted:

I wasn't pouting it's fun as hell.

My post wasn't directed at you. Just people who enjoy stupid puns.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

:vince:

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Morpheus posted:

I'm waiting for a deal to get AC: Origins for my gf, but even if there isn't one I think I'm going to get it for her, based on a lot of the praise I'm hearing.

I'm like 10-15 hours in and it's pretty great. It feels like they just picked and chose the best mechanics from each of their past games (hiding in shrubs, ship combat, exploration over collectables, likable protagonist) and wrapped them in a Witcher/Shadow of Mordor/Batman style combat shell where you can't just press Square to counter-kill. It's such a huge departure from the "reskin AC2 into a new historical period" approach, I'm really glad they took a year off to get it right, and I'm glad Ubisoft is doing the same for more of their titles.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Rinkles posted:

It's a difficult game. One of the reasons the franchise died.

Nah, it died because Liverpool was too expensive to develop in for Sony.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Is there a new Metal Gear thread?

Metal Gear Survive looks good for people who like those survival shooty games so far.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gvZ7dDamih0

A game that plays like MGSV with none of the pretending that it's going to be a decent story and instead just wants to further iterate on the solid gameplay base of MGSV TPP will probably end up being a better game than MGSV.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rinkles posted:

They universally give me headaches after an hour+, often earlier.
You ever try open back headphones? There's no feeling of pressurization

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its good that they're getting rid of pretending something or other so they can focus on the core element of metal gear that makes it good, fighting zombies

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

RBA Starblade posted:

Remember air brakes! R2 and L2, it'll help with corners, just lean dat rear end into em

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Metal Gear Survive looks good for people who like those survival shooty games so far.

A game that plays like MGSV with none of the pretending that it's going to be a decent story and instead just wants to further iterate on the solid gameplay base of MGSV TPP will probably end up being a better game than MGSV.

If you were actually in any kind of prolonged firefight in MGSV you were playing it wrong

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Hahha you are funny.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I was so pumped for Wipeout and Dirt 4 but both came out, and were just sort of...not sure, missing something. Wipeout can be overly hard, I have barely touched Dirt

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Wipeout is awesome but I'll wait for PS+

Really excited for Onrush though, looks like the first good arcade racer in forever.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Metal Gear Survive will probably end up being a better game than MGSV.

:eyepop:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

All the hands on stuff I have read about Wipeout VR says it's ridiculously good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wolfsheim posted:

If you were actually in any kind of prolonged firefight in MGSV you were playing it wrong

That's not really true. MGSV specifically is designed so you can play it shooty and still get good rankings, and has a lot of mechanics and tools that support that. It's a well-desiged game because you can play is any variation of stealth/loud violent/nonlethal you want.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

regardless of anything else, the dumb zombie boss fights are forced combat missions so you do have to shoot some things occasionally

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

I think you mean 'brief rocket launcher sections'.
MGS:V patched a plot hole nobody cared about and was fun, it's a shame the first stupid outfit in a Hideo Game happened in this one and ruined everything.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

ImpAtom posted:

That's not really true. MGSV specifically is designed so you can play it shooty and still get good rankings, and has a lot of mechanics and tools that support that. It's a well-desiged game because you can play is any variation of stealth/loud violent/nonlethal you want.

Yeah but why would you play a poor man's military shooter when you could be playing the best stealth game ever made

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wolfsheim posted:

Yeah but why would you play a poor man's military shooter when you could be playing the best stealth game ever made

You can do some really silly things with stealth in this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV90n64vyts

I took a break from it to start Dark Souls 3 but I'm definitely going back to finish up soon. I love the mission / side-mission format which let me knock out one or two things a night and then just dispatch / manage base for a bit.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Metal Gear enemies have hearing damage and no peripheral vision.

Also apparently roofs you can Fulton through?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

It's not through the roof, it's a warp hole, gosh.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Paracelsus posted:

Metal Gear enemies have hearing damage and no peripheral vision.
Eh I think in 5 they're better than ever in those areas, but still can't see moving objects more than about 200 yards away.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Because I'm a loving idiot, I picked up a pro in that Amazon trade in deal. My question is: I've also got a unused 2TB drive to put in it, can I just immediately swap in that drive and run the system transfer, do I need to reinitialize it first?

Any other gotchas? My precious PT that I'll definitely boot up again ever will transfer right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

homeless snail posted:

You ever try open back headphones? There's no feeling of pressurization

No, I don't think so.