Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Yeah it helped orient things better. It's just clinging to a big chunk of Earth when my first impression was that it was bigger than the rock it was attached to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Deke can't be a bad guy. Daisy didn't fall in love with him first.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Coffee Mugshot posted:

Kassius doesn't seem like he's really that perceptive.

Is there anything special about the Kree? They're just really strong and have some advanced tech? They don't seem like the brightest entities in the universe. Are they basically just alien muscle?

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

cjg posted:

Is there anything special about the Kree? They're just really strong and have some advanced tech? They don't seem like the brightest entities in the universe. Are they basically just alien muscle?

They used to be the top-dog super advanced species of the galaxy but they hit an evolutionary dead-end. That's what inhumans are all about, the Kree attempting to kickstart their own evolution again.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Aleph Null posted:

Mack got sucker punched a few times, too while he was magnetized to the wall.

Only Coulson hasn't been abused in some way so far.
There was also the part in this last episode where the boss-guy told Mack "I literally own you" which... yeah.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bio347 posted:

There was also the part in this last episode where the boss-guy told Mack "I literally own you" which... yeah.

Yeah, that was....awkward.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Calling big black self-aware man a slave is how you end up fodder for wacky Shield antics.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

I mean, there's no way that guy lives, right?
Grills is basically scum.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

cjg posted:

Consider the ones we're looking at, though.

Posted to the arsehole of the galaxy, a destroyed world with a population of a few thousand primitive savages who never made it beyond their own moon.

Who do you post to watch over the ignorant, feeble savages, living like rats in the walls of a repurposed base made out of rust and duct tape?

Yeah, not the cream of the crop.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

Gorilla Salad posted:

Posted to the arsehole of the galaxy, a destroyed world with a population of a few thousand primitive savages who never made it beyond their own moon.

Who do you post to watch over the ignorant, feeble savages, living like rats in the walls of a repurposed base made out of rust and duct tape?

Yeah it seem the kind of position you give to your idiot cousin so your aunt will leave you the gently caress alone.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gorilla Salad posted:

When the emissary showed up and looked human-ish I thought they were going with the story line from a few years ago where the Inhumans ruled the Kree Empire, but I guess they were just Spartoi?

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

I thought for a second we were about to get space vampires.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

When the emissary showed up and looked human-ish I thought they were going with the story line from a few years ago where the Inhumans ruled the Kree Empire, but I guess they were just Spartoi?

Moriatti posted:

The season is still young.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Open Source Idiom posted:

I think people are going to jump on you for saying this -- and yeah, she's not explicitly a sex slave, she's more a pretty ornament with bonus utility -- but yeah, it's weird and gross in universe while also being uncomfortable to watch. That, and Yoyo being tortured and May getting a pipe through her leg (i.e. most of the women getting abused) were a big sticking point with a friend who I watched the premier with. I wasn't personally affected, but I see his point.

Inevitably this is all set up to establish this universe as the darkest timeline so we'll be basically fine with it being erased, but it's still uncomfortable to watch.

(I'm enjoying the season though.)

Don't know if you know this but the pipe through May's leg was because Ming-Na Wen was recovering from knee surgery.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

BreakAtmo posted:

Don't know if you know this but the pipe through May's leg was because Ming-Na Wen was recovering from knee surgery.

I doubt that helped

I don't think sticking pipes through people's legs ever really helps

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BreakAtmo posted:

No wonder that random dude was so tough for her to beat.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Was anyone else a little uncomfortable watching that girl get the poo poo beat out of her for a few scenes? Like I knew what was going to happen, but it was a little gnarly for my tastes.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Moriatti posted:

If you want vampires in your Marvel, you'll have to look towards Sony. They're doing a Morbius movie for some reason.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jetfire posted:

Was anyone else a little uncomfortable watching that girl get the poo poo beat out of her for a few scenes? Like I knew what was going to happen, but it was a little gnarly for my tastes.

Yes? What the hell are you expecting people to say here? 'No and I hope she has a seizure and that guy tears her head off?'

I feel like every point that's been brought up in a 'oh man, did anyone else hate when' manner has earned a pretty solid 'Yeah, that sucked.' I think they've all been great for a motivation standpoint so now Mack and Simmons have antagonists so when Grills gets thrown out an airlock and Kassius gets melted into a puddle it'll be even more cathartic.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Think of it this way, though. Wouldn't it be grand if villains just sort of, you know, twirled their mustachios threateningly instead of these uncomfortable things?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Think of it this way, though. Wouldn't it be grand if villains just sort of, you know, twirled their mustachios threateningly instead of these uncomfortable things?

:shrug: I dunno. I mean, they did it here, so I have an idea of what the issue is. I mean, sure, they could sit in a chair, stroking an alien cat for 14 episodes instead but, at this point, I'm really looking forward to Simmons making a Trawler+Kassius+Lighthouse sandwich.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I just got told this show is on and yep it's really good but gosh the thing I'm most excited for is whatever batshit thing they do next.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

We really need a thread title update now.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Jetfire posted:

This and Grills are supposed to make you uncomfortable, they are evil things done by the villains. Characters looking the other way is to remind you that this is the system. The opposition our heroes are up against has broken our humanity and normalised abuse and slavery.

So it's gonna be great when they are defeated.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D in SPACE!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

RareAcumen posted:

:shrug: I dunno. I mean, they did it here, so I have an idea of what the issue is. I mean, sure, they could sit in a chair, stroking an alien cat for 14 episodes instead but, at this point, I'm really looking forward to Simmons making a Trawler+Kassius+Lighthouse sandwich.

If it's the future you don't have to worry about a body count, because it may not happen! :eng101:

RareAcumen posted:

That would be neat.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Agents of S.H.O.T.G.U.N.A.X.E.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

hamsystem posted:

This gets my vote.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

AGENTS of S.H.I.E.L.D S5: "Oh, my bad."

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Clearly AGENTS of S.P.E.A.R. S5: "I thought you had guys hiding on the moon."

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: Infinity Wards

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

hamsystem posted:

Strategic Homeland/Outer Terran Guardian Unit Averting Xenobiotic Enemies

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Agents od S.H.I.E.L.D. S5: So... Are we allowed to say Mutant now?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Proteus Jones posted:

AGENTS of S.H.I.E.L.D S5: "Oh, my bad."

That could work. Really I'm just getting at the fact that we're 3, going on 4, episodes into season 5 now and should probably let other people browsing know that the show's back.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Doggles posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D in SPACE!

Can we make youtube clips videos yet? Because this really should be the thread title:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niZpcdp2v34&t=19s

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

I'll never get tired of how much fun he looks like he's having in that clip.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Phylodox posted:

I'll never get tired of how much fun he looks like he's having in that clip.

They say you should never look directly at the camera as you try to suppress a giggle in the middle of a take, but they're wrong.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Agents of SHIELD S5: "We have never looked cooler."

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Agents of SHIELD S5: "Stay away from the agua."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D S5: Working On It

• Locked thread