Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

It’s pretty petty. But that just means instead of giving each newbie a set of sup blues, we should work harder to ensure they have an unlimited supply of timer food and candles.

Winning an unfair fight rigged against us is even better than winning a fair one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Do they still consider us the devil?

e: (nice av/post combo I've got going there)

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
As a new player I do not understand any of this conversation, but I will continue to chop wood and summon runes.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Mr. Pickles posted:

He couldn't bear seeing a bunch of noob goons decked out in epic gear since day 1 (because the goon vets had things covered), so he rushed a huge update just to slow us down
Grumpy should have done this when we entered the top 100. Slowing goons down now is kinda stupid.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

RabbitWizard posted:

Grumpy should have done this when we entered the top 100. Slowing goons down now is kinda stupid.

He can't *really* slow us down though can he. We'll just keep eating food!

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

Mr. Pickles posted:

He can't *really* slow us down though can he. We'll just keep eating food!

He underestimates the innate goon ability to shovel food into our mouths! :goonsay: only 50 pies at a time? Hah!

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
We dont' even have to worry about food. Just spam combat which isn't affected by any of this, with the side benefit of maybe they will nerf that too (which would piss off some of the top players).

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

:rip: Magic

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

wait can you no longer do fuckin anything with magic until level 38 or some poo poo?

e: nm

isn't that mostly a good thing? most durations went up

Magres fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 15, 2017

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Magres posted:

wait can you no longer do fuckin anything with magic until level 38 or some poo poo?

e: nm

isn't that mostly a good thing? most durations went up

It's a bad thing because most durations went down if you were above level 40 or so

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

gwrtheyrn posted:

It's a bad thing because most durations went down if you were above level 40 or so

and that's bad because goons actively used magic while the top guilds are essentially combat-only, so it works out to yet another change that actively hurts our growth rate while having no effect on the guilds we're trying to catch up to.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

oldskool posted:

and that's bad because goons actively used magic while the top guilds are essentially combat-only, so it works out to yet another change that actively hurts our growth rate while having no effect on the guilds we're trying to catch up to.

I mean we could also rush combat until he nerfs it....

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
There's also a "bug" that casting doesn't interrupt combat.

To let the thread know, I've gone on hiatus and am not expecting to come back beyond whenever guild sharing extensions happens (never) and boats/balloons matter again (probably never also). I cleared out my extensions (that I could remember) and dropped everything in AB. I'll be on the discord and keep an eye on this thread, so I'm not completely gone.

The double nerf to -Timer that the clothes and now magic represent was the last straw. Food isn't going to magically be better, and is likely to be sprung on the game as suddenly as the clothing and magic revamp was.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
If I'm honest none of this really impacts me. My gear sets are crap because I don't update them and often forget to swap anyway. I don't use magic except to produce valentine cards (in order to level magic) which I've never used.
If they want to get salty about this poo poo, so what. I just let the laptop run this thing anyway. I don't read world and don't much care what the plebs are on about. If they do nothing but combat to keep the terrifying goons at bay, they're not doing anything else are they. And they'll end up bored or buying our excess at our prices (and hating it).

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Just a friendly reminder, when people say "new players" they are referring to goons. When goons say new players we are often referring to new pubbies, but they think we're just trying to make the game easier for ourselves.

Likely due to our constant name changing, and that they don't want to directly call for nerfs directed at a single guild.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

lol we should totally rush combat until he nerfs combat, that would be hilarious.

Anyways, he changed the magic timer again so now it’s +1 duration per additional magic level you are over the base level, which seems pretty decent again.

Odinsgrace
Dec 29, 2013
Can i get a Guild invite please

Username: Odinsgrace

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Odinsgrace posted:

Can i get a Guild invite please

Username: Odinsgrace

invite sent, :f5:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Can Samizdata get a guild invite please?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Samizdata posted:

Can Samizdata get a guild invite please?

:f5:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

In like a (low-level) boss!

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
rushi needs invite

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Rushi posted:

rushi needs invite

rushi has invite :f5:

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

oldskool posted:

rushi has invite :f5:

:kimchi:

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Soooo

Also if you just joined the guild and experience a suspicious quiet-ness in guild-chat, you can double-check that you have guild chat enabled by going to Settings -> Chat, and making sure the "Guild" option is enabled. It should be on by default, but who knows.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Welcome to all the new blood! We just hit No. 6 ranked guild--time to break into the top 5.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Please do me a huge favor and screencap any good chat from the pubbies when we hit top 5. I live for those sorts of moments.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I was thinking of getting back into this now that I have real internet again but should I bother if the game is lovely now and the dev is actively pushing us out?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Zoe posted:

I was thinking of getting back into this now that I have real internet again but should I bother if the game is lovely now and the dev is actively pushing us out?

Absolutely come back! The timers are bigger, but a cooking update just completed that makes it relatively simple to get them back down to minimum levels.

As far as "actively pushing us out" the problem Grumpy has yet to realize/acknowledge is that outside of making literally everything a zero-sum action we are going to be the most powerful guild in the game just based on sheer numbers. A lot of quality-of-life upgrades have just been added (the beta manual is nice, the # of actions remaining in the action modal is convenient, the aforementioned cooking update upgraded some low-level foods and made several foods 30/60 minutes for easy botcheck eating without having to micromanage, :siren: there's a button to pop a botcheck early :siren:), mostly because Grumpy's wife started playing but also because Grumpy started playing varamexia.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

The new action modal is really nice (shows your timer, effective success (so you don't have to calculate between level-based and effect bonus), and XP) and the travel system lets you go anywhere in one click (still takes multiple actions).

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Zoe posted:

The update invalidated a lot of our previous efforts without a new goal. In the weeks since he's added new items and we've been able to ramp up production and overall while it's a different way to get there, it's pretty much the same.

PS Grumpy is bad at math, and due to players mostly caring about XP the benefits of the items are seen as a bonus not the goal. A true game about making numbers getting bigger. Basically the more useful the item the worse the XP should be in Grumpy's opinion.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Ok then back to gathering things we already have thousands of. I'm helping!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I'm just doing things that get much numbers up higher sooooo.

evelyn87
Mar 20, 2009

We all can be only who we are, nothing more, no less.
just signed up, ig as Roosh

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

evelyn87 posted:

just signed up, ig as Roosh

invite sent, :f5:

Subtle Boomerang
Feb 19, 2010

meow
This looks neat, in as Holander.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Subtle Boomerang posted:

This looks neat, in as Holander.

Invite sent.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

When th what???

Zoe fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jan 5, 2018

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
04:26:58 astalotte FTP : -34 on snail meat exp 0.0
04:27:26 Grumpy Aspersa : that's explained in the notes above the table
04:28:03 astalotte FTP : Yeah, I read, but it's still quite drastic
04:28:52 Grumpy Aspersa : yeah, it's the only drastically negative one
04:29:03 Chronos -PoD- : it was an unreasonable amount of xp before. it made early cooking levels really easy if you could trick your guildmates into giving you all their snails
04:29:58 astalotte FTP : Ah, that explains a lot
04:30:27 Tempest 7 TLG : lol, everything is easy if you get all the mats free.
04:30:43 Grumpy Aspersa : that's usually how guilds work
04:45:35 Bruce Bruce bone : what do you mean trick your guildmates
04:45:40 Bruce Bruce bone : do other guilds just not share freely?
04:46:24 Tempest 7 TLG : my guild is pretty inactive, so idk
04:47:16 Grumpy Aspersa : I wouldn't imagine there are any guilds of size 2 or greater that share freely
04:48:02 Bruce Bruce bone : you mean any besides us right?
04:48:08 Grumpy Aspersa : I mean anybody

Always interesting to look into the Grumpy/pubbie mindset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
lol i remember looking at a bunch of the pub guilds' advertisements about benefits and requirements and going "oh, it's a pyramid scheme. Huh, why would anyone join that?"