Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Colostomy Bag posted:

The espresso machine will be called to the stand as an expert witness since it as about the only thing there that does its job properly.

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Toops posted:

My company’s gross revenue is 8 figures, we make >40% margins, and we have a dinky Krups you could get at Macy’s for 50 bux on sale, and it works fine.

CIG’s espresso machine is symbol of Chris Robert’s delusional world view and his garish sense of self. This kind of premature extravagance just screams “Mission Accomplished.” Star Citizen was never really about making a game, it’s a parable of vanity.

If you had to rate your company not on silly terms like revenue, success, net worth, growth, market share etc. but by fidelity, where would you put it, on a scale from 1 (3000AD) to 10 (CIG)?

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Did Foundry42 UK and Frankfurt even exist back in 2012?

I wonder if they had their own Crytek license agreement or just assumed they could use the CIG (US)/RSI (US) license.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

From what I've heard it's gonna be really funny when CIG Austin turns on Santa Monica like an abused tiger finally let out of its cage

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Golli posted:

Did Foundry42 UK and Frankfurt even exist back in 2012?

I wonder if they had their own Crytek license agreement or just assumed they could use the CIG (US)/RSI (US) license.

Frankfurt definitely existed. Big flat grey thing that handles infrastructure for Commerzbank.

I'm helping dusty lens out with bad jokes. He can't carry the load alone.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
If Crytek went into this expecting positive publicity and improvements to their engine they got the raw end of the deal. Shitizens and developers trying to do things the engine was not designed to do have blamed and thrown poo poo at cryengine.

They better at least get some money out of that contract.

It won't be a very different case for lumberyard of course.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/_Bartfresse/status/923981725104996353

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Scruffpuff posted:

Does anyone have the gif of her failing to walk across a room convincingly?

http://i.imgur.com/gwStNxu.gifv

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/PlDbOWe.gifv

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Hav posted:

Frankfurt definitely existed. Big flat grey thing that handles infrastructure for Commerzbank.

hehe

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

tuo posted:

If you had to rate your company not on silly terms like revenue, success, net worth, growth, market share etc. but by fidelity, where would you put it, on a scale from 1 (3000AD) to 10 (CIG)?

7 because it has free string cheese, a partially stocked beer fridge, and a fully modern open floor plan with privacy pods where I can vape in secret.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Toops posted:

7 because it has free string cheese, a partially stocked beer fridge, and a fully modern open floor plan with privacy pods where I can vape in secret.

Only vape?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Palpek posted:

lmfao, next thing you know twitter basement dwellers will discover how much an office renovation costs. There are a lot of things to hate about CIG but a cost of a nice espresso machine at a 200+ people office isn't one of them.

The LA office never had more than 20 people at any given time.

Doh. I should have read the other 300 posts first.

Lladre fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 15, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AbstractNapper posted:

If Crytek went into this expecting positive publicity and improvements to their engine they got the raw end of the deal. Shitizens and developers trying to do things the engine was not designed to do have blamed and thrown poo poo at cryengine.

They better at least get some money out of that contract.

It won't be a very different case for lumberyard of course.

I don't think anyone outside of backers views CIG in a positive light.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Except maybe for a handful of lawyers thumbing through catalogs of kitchen renovations.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't think anyone outside of employees views CryTek in a positive light.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dooguk posted:

Only vape?

Server closets are for jacking off.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Lladre posted:

I don't think anyone outside of employees views CryTek in a positive light.

Except maybe for a handful of lawyers thumbing through catalogs of bathroom renovations.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
The idea of a Nazi Vampire is something you'd expect to find in a B-movie, but CIG literally hired one as their lawyer.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Nicholas posted:

The idea of a Nazi Vampire is something you'd expect to find in a B-movie, but CIG literally hired one as their lawyer.

Hey HEY HEY. That's out of order.

Vampires have a code of ethics.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

big nipples big life posted:

2800ish, I skimmed a bunch last night.

Keeping up with this thread feels like a full time job now. Every night when I get on to start a gaming session I'm like "nope can't start yet gotta check the SA SC thread"

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Hav posted:

System's coming up

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

None of those things cost as much as being on a yacht in the harbor for the Monaco GP.

I suspect many things will have been paid for using Chris and Sandi's personal accounts. They're able to afford such things because of their large salaries. Whether those large salaries can be justified is another matter.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Bayonnefrog posted:

Keeping up with this thread feels like a full time job now. Every night when I get on to start a gaming session I'm like "nope can't start yet gotta check the SA SC thread"

I've stopped calling my parents. That helps a lot.

Magnaflux
Jun 28, 2007
Can someone post the letter that was purportedly from the rep at AMD(?) in regards to CIG not sending any kind of media materials and than half-assing it to the extreme at the last minute.

I think if that letter was actually real and I'm leaning more towards it being factual in light of these more recent allegations; that it would certainly explain Crobbers attitude towards industry partners.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

So that everyone can keep score at home:

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/23222744/Crytek_GmbH_v_Cloud_Imperium_Games_Corp_et_al

**dis gonna be good gif**

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

Dusty Lens posted:

This would make me very happy. However my butt lawyer is whispering that it seems like if you charge for shipping pocketing that money might be a no no?

Disregard all of my posts on international shipping logistics. I don't know anything about anything and I don't want someone to quote me and say the thread is bad again. I don't need that blood on my hands.

Actually you can charge whatever people will pay for "Shipping and Handling". That's why you see infomercials with the "It's only $19.95 plus S&H".

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Bayonnefrog posted:

It's like they did this with HTML. Like it's 2017 and they couldn't come up with anything better?

I was thinking the same thing. Almost as if they are panicking and scrubbing all previous content and artwork "just in case" Skadden I'm looking at you!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Hav posted:

Okay louie... :fap:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Salty Goon Propaganda, great album title :henget:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

None of those things cost as much as being on a yacht in the harbor for the Monaco GP.

With all the first class international flights they have taken, the difference between first and business (let alone coach, or not flying at all) for them is got to be several million.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Hey, *I* don't make the rules.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

Actually you can charge whatever people will pay for "Shipping and Handling". That's why you see infomercials with the "It's only $19.95 plus S&H".

So if I sell a product for $19.95 and then charge $40 for S&H, pay my shipper $10 and pocket the other $30 to spend on forum avatars that's just good business?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

He can't carry the load alone.

Wait, are you saying the system for hiring plebs to help load/unload cargo is already in the game?

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

This might be the judge over the case:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolly_M._Gee

A classic Obama appointee so probably a big lib. Don't know if that helps or hurts Crytek.

Bayonnefrog fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Dec 15, 2017

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

D_Smart posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7jur44/jump_point_year_three_shipping_cost_is_35_thats/

$35 for an 8lb book? shipped international? I dunno if that even checks out

This poo poo never stops being funny. Backer funds project for CIG. Then CIG makes poo poo in China for cheap using backer money. CIG Sells poo poo back to backer at a profit. Pledge moah!

I can't stop laughing, the are bitching about a $35 shipping cost on a real tangible item but plunk down $100's of $1000's for digital items that don't exist yet and never will!

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Bayonnefrog posted:

This might be the judge over the case:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolly_M._Gee

Obama appointment so probably a big lib. Don't know if that helps or hurts Crytek.

Golly Gee she seems like serious business.

Being said I really want to see the actual contract that this case is being built on.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 15, 2017

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

"Send Hair"

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

Toops posted:

My company’s gross revenue is 8 figures, we make >40% margins, and we have a dinky Krups you could get at Macy’s for 50 bux on sale, and it works fine.

CIG’s espresso machine is symbol of Chris Robert’s delusional world view and his garish sense of self. This kind of premature extravagance just screams “Mission Accomplished.” Star Citizen was never really about making a game, it’s a parable of vanity.

The other co-founder of the software start up I had owned a couple of coffee shops. That whole company started because I was in his shop all the time studying in law school as were a couple of engineering students. He had an idea for software to make his business run smoother, so we developed it one summer and by the end of the summer had a chain of coffee shops with 120 locations using our software. We had one of his old espresso machines in our office. I think that machine was around $8k new.

Plus of our Office Manager/Accountant had been a barista at one of his shops as an undergrad. So we had someone in the office who could make good coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bayonnefrog posted:

A classic Obama appointee so probably a big lib. Don't know if that helps or hurts Crytek.

It doesn't play any role whatsoever.

Bofast posted:

Wait, are you saying the system for hiring plebs to help load/unload cargo is already in the game?

Did you call me a pleb?