Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Toad King posted:

I unironically love a lot of Rex's cutscene dialog.

"I'll punch him in his stupid face. And then probably get a drink with him or something."

The rules of the Salvager's Code are things of beauty, and someone clearly had a lot of fun localizing them :allears:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The rules of the Salvager's Code are things of beauty, and someone clearly had a lot of fun localizing them :allears:.

It kinda makes sense too - you never know who you're going to work with, and you're working in a situation where you need total trust with complete strangers to survive. It's pretty natural for him to be the way he is, and it's fantastic.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Saw premium cylinders in a shop yesterday and ended up buying 50 of them because I was sitting on 1.7m gold at the time and hopefully I won't regret it when I go to use them. Not that I had much other use for the money unless I go buy the one rare blade for 500k.

Also got what I'm guessing is the healing blade for Rex people were talking about. Got it after a boss fight that just would notend. I'm not sure if there was a specific way to stop them from constantly resummoning adds every time I got the enemy count low but I ended up getting probably 1.5-2 levels from that boss fight before it ended. I was not enjoying the area's gimmick either, to put it mildly. So glad it's over with.

I take it using Rex with that new blade is more than enough healing if I run Tora and the fifth party member, or is it better to keep Rex as a pure attacker and just run Nia with heals, and maybe an attack? I probably need to go do some more Tiger Tiger for Tora though. I just can't bring myself to use the 4th party member because they seem to die so much quicker.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Evil Fluffy posted:

Got it after a boss fight that just would notend. I'm not sure if there was a specific way to stop them from constantly resummoning adds every time I got the enemy count low but I ended up getting probably 1.5-2 levels from that boss fight before it ended.
If there is, nobody has found it yet. Chain attacks and AOEs are the only advice I've seen and that's what I ended up having to try multiple times before it eventually worked.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
...uh, I just knocked a boss down a hole. Is that how you're "supposed" to beat Amalthus because the cutscene afterwards sure didn't think that but LOL

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

oh my god Rex just said "I like myself, and I'm people"

That line is 100% gold and I'll fight anybody who thinks it's dumb. :colbert:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

When does Torigoth start selling Golden Cylinders? I need to spend a bunch of money here but without golds it’s a huge pain in the rear end.

IcePhoenix posted:

Tora can't use normal blades weren't you paying attention to his tragic backstory?

In stories like this there’s always an occasion where these sorts of things are overcome, so I assumed he’d get to use them at some point. v:v:v

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Stayed at the Argentum Inn exactly once and Dagas told me to go to the Orl Cloudway exit in Leftheria so I think that's the quest started properly

e: heart-to-heart there unlocked level 4 of his chart and then I had the Trust for 5 which told me to go to Midorl Bridge in Mor Ardain in the afternoon for his quest "Lost Kingdom" and you literally can port there and it's 20 distance away to start it

e2: you have to visit the bookshops in order, apparently, that's awful ugh

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Dec 15, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Stayed at the Argentum Inn exactly once and Dagas told me to go to the Orl Cloudway exit in Leftheria so I think that's the quest started properly

e: heart-to-heart there unlocked level 4 of his chart and then I had the Trust for 5 which told me to go to Midorl Bridge in Mor Ardain in the afternoon for his quest "Lost Kingdom" and you literally can port there and it's 20 distance away to start it

So I either had him unequipped or I need to work on his affinity (which I'm fairly certain is still level one...maaaaaybe level two). Reeeally hoping it's the former.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endgame spoilers: Was the third processor thing that got lost in spacetime a reference to XB1 or one of the other xeno games or is it just worldbuilding. Just seemed kind of odd for him to mention "oh yeah there was one more but it got lost oops" if it didn't mean anything. I'm still on the last boss thought incase it comes up in the actual ending.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Endgame spoilers: Was the third processor thing that got lost in spacetime a reference to XB1 or one of the other xeno games or is it just worldbuilding. Just seemed kind of odd for him to mention "oh yeah there was one more but it got lost oops" if it didn't mean anything. I'm still on the last boss thought incase it comes up in the actual ending.

What I understand is Alvis is the third computer that was lost

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I think it's a cheeky reference to Alvis, but don't quote me on that. My lore-fu for the Xenoverse is weak.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I'm so surprised there's more to Dagos. No wonder he seems so rubbish compared to the other blades. It's annoying that you've not really got a way to find that out - because why the gently caress would you ever be using him without knowing there's more to unlock?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
The quest to get Poppi's third form literally never ends. I think needing to grind-out level 5 forestry might be what kills it for me, even though I've already spent over an hour on this stupid thing : '- [

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Bass Bottles posted:

The quest to get Poppi's third form literally never ends. I think needing to grind-out level 5 forestry might be what kills it for me, even though I've already spent over an hour on this stupid thing : '- [
You're almost there!

You just need... uh, that, plus a bit that requires a combination of four merc missions or 100 crap trash gathering/salvage items.

(Vess has Forestry, if you don't have her you can get a guaranteed source of it by doing her sidequest and waiting on her core to cooldown)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Her core takes around three or so hours to recover btw

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

After you unlock these the switch transforms into a cop and shoots you

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

brand engager posted:

This is what happens when you get manga/anime artists to design your blades.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You're almost there!

You just need... uh, that, plus a bit that requires a combination of four merc missions or 100 crap trash gathering/salvage items.

(Vess has Forestry, if you don't have her you can get a guaranteed source of it by doing her sidequest and waiting on her core to cooldown)

I ended up digging through my rando commons to find 5 forestry because my broken brain refused to accept defeat when there was that tiny possibility I already had what I needed....

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

brand engager posted:

In all of Electra's cutscenes you see up her skirt. Every single one. And not in a subtle way, in a proper "LOOK AT THIS" way.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Chaosfirev posted:

This is what happens when you get manga/anime artists to design your blades.
Theory's design is so much less awful than Praxis's so obviously you get Praxis like two full chapters before you get Theory

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

brand engager posted:

my brain can't process her waist???

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Grey Fox posted:

my brain can't process her waist???

it's just, like, a theory, man.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
she is literally Chad

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I know the get rich quick scheme is to just sell the stuff out of golden cylinders but does it matter where I use them?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

voltcatfish posted:

I know the get rich quick scheme is to just sell the stuff out of golden cylinders but does it matter where I use them?

I think all that matters is that you trade in the stuff in the same place you salvaged it because they’re more likely to actually be looking for local stuff.

But also the best place to do it is supposedly.... Gormott?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The mor Ardain wharf is also excellent

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Taear posted:

In all of Electra's cutscenes you see up her skirt. Every single one. And not in a subtle way, in a proper "LOOK AT THIS" way.

Is Electra the one with a hammer?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Chaosfirev posted:

Is Electra the one with a hammer?

Yea the vampire girl with the hammer. Emphasis on "girl" there.

I'd been using gold cylinders off the side of Feif of Forgetfulness in Mor Ardain but it keeps giving me different buttons to press and it's too fast. So one time it'll be X Y Y and then it'll be Y X Y and stuff and it takes me a second to remember which one Y and X is, so I miss it.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Taear posted:

Yea the vampire girl with the hammer. Emphasis on "girl" there.

Makes sense then, if you look at what manga series that illustrator has written it explains everything.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Taear posted:

I'd been using gold cylinders off the side of Feif of Forgetfulness in Mor Ardain but it keeps giving me different buttons to press and it's too fast. So one time it'll be X Y Y and then it'll be Y X Y and stuff and it takes me a second to remember which one Y and X is, so I miss it.
This is definitely tied to some combination of Salvager Rank and Salvaging Mastery blade skill, because I used to have the same thing and now even later-game ones are locked in on BBA or whatever every single time.

e: Dagas sidequest update: you find a bunch of stuff, you have to salvage from the southwestern point in Temperantia (not the one at the entrance), and then it's a merc mission that requires Ancient Wisdom level 2+ on a blade you can send out (so not Dromarch, but still, worth mentioning) and I haven't completed it yet

e2: then a boss fight and oh my god I didn't get a picture but Morag says let's go kill that idiot's demon and it's one sweet line

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 15, 2017

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

four elemental orbs circling a flying giant fish...... one of my party members falls to his death 40 feet below before I can chain attack ☹️

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

There's a accessory that lets you revive your teammates when you use a chain attack!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
The only rare blades I have left to get are the gacha ones rip me

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

FIVE ELEMENTAL ORBS AND THE CHAIN ATTACK JUST ENDED AFTER 1 HIT FOR NO REASON!!!! 😫😫😫😫😫😫

& then everyone DIED

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Bass Bottles posted:

FIVE ELEMENTAL ORBS AND THE CHAIN ATTACK JUST ENDED AFTER 1 HIT FOR NO REASON!!!! 😫😫😫😫😫😫

& then everyone DIED

I love when I have 3+ orbs on a boss, the first two units hit Orb A, and then the last one hits Orb C even though all 3 hit orbs with the same loving element. :smithicide:

I have no idea what causes the "blade will hit an undamaged, out of order, not-weak element orb instead of the one it should default to" but it is loving infuriating. It's clear why people say to have each character with 1 blade that has the "always hit X orb" aux enhancement because you can't trust the drat game otherwise.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm not certain, but I think they target orbs at random unless you're countering an element

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

Lessail posted:

The only rare blades I have left to get are the gacha ones rip me

same. rip us, brothers.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
When you kill Theory's original driver would that make her Theory: Of A Dead Man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

I love when I have 3+ orbs on a boss, the first two units hit Orb A, and then the last one hits Orb C even though all 3 hit orbs with the same loving element. :smithicide:

I have no idea what causes the "blade will hit an undamaged, out of order, not-weak element orb instead of the one it should default to" but it is loving infuriating. It's clear why people say to have each character with 1 blade that has the "always hit X orb" aux enhancement because you can't trust the drat game otherwise.

You have to use weaknesses to force the attack to hit the orb you want. AFAIK the pairs are
fire/water
ice/wind
earth/thunder
light/dark