Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
butts are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

mega agreedo. im working on getting my insurance to approve a new one of those next lol

i will be the pale beyonce by the end of 2018 mark my words

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

cis autodrag posted:

mega agreedo. im working on getting my insurance to approve a new one of those next lol

I wish my insurance would cover FFS and breast augmentation, but c'est la vie :sigh:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

cis autodrag posted:

ive only heard of bad surgery butts, are there good butt surgeries?

i guess news mostly talk about the weird concrete/caulk type.... but sitting on a artificial thing all day every day :/

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Powaqoatse posted:

i guess news mostly talk about the weird concrete/caulk type.... but sitting on a artificial thing all day every day :/

unless you live in the woods you’re probably already sitting on an artificial thing every day

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Cocoa Crispies posted:

unless you live in the woods you’re probably already sitting on an artificial thing every day

sure but my chair isnt inside me

again im trying to learn whats real and whats media bullshit. i hear "a lot" that butt-surgeries turn out bad but i never hear about them turning out good. obvs theres some confirmation bias there, im just asking whats the real deal

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Powaqoatse posted:

sure but my chair isnt inside me

again im trying to learn whats real and whats media bullshit. i hear "a lot" that butt-surgeries turn out bad but i never hear about them turning out good. obvs theres some confirmation bias there, im just asking whats the real deal

I am willing to be the one that takes on the burden of "butt tester." I will do before and after comparisons of pliability, feeling, and softness.

I know this is a big sacrifice, but one I am willing to make, for all goons.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Powaqoatse posted:

Brazilian Butt Augmentation involves liposuctioning your torso and then cleaning and reinjecting the fat into your butt, where it takes hold and then just acts like normal fat. you then gain and lose weight from the new areas as though the fat was always there. it's great for trans people because it helps us demasculinize our fat distribution.

here's a really famous surgeon's gallery to give you an idea of what it can look like:

http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/los-angeles-before-after-photos/brazilian-butt-lift/

it's hellishly painful to recover from but the end result is that you end up with a real actual butt that is yours no implants necessary and ain't nobody ever gonna know. unless you have skinny legs and you ask for that dumb iggy azalea look where it's big rear end toothpick legs.

but i used to squat and dl in teh 500s so i got big meaty legs.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ohhhh nice

i think i have heard about that, it works vice versa too i think -- butt->boob?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Powaqoatse posted:

ohhhh nice

i think i have heard about that, it works vice versa too i think -- butt->boob?

you can move fat from anywhere to anywhere else, but it works best taking from the trunk because the surgeon has more control over the shape you end up with. the goal is a feminine contour so taking from the butt to augment the boob is usually not gonna work unless you have like an elephant rear end.

im having my stomach and upper back sucked out and put in my butt because my fat distribution is classic powerlifter (keg torso meaty arms and legs).

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

right okay makes sense

that sounds really cool. we're p much livin in the future in a lot of ways (and some of them are pretty good)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

cis autodrag posted:

Brazilian Butt Augmentation involves liposuctioning your torso and then cleaning and reinjecting the fat into your butt, where it takes hold and then just acts like normal fat. you then gain and lose weight from the new areas as though the fat was always there. it's great for trans people because it helps us demasculinize our fat distribution.

here's a really famous surgeon's gallery to give you an idea of what it can look like:

http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/los-angeles-before-after-photos/brazilian-butt-lift/

it's hellishly painful to recover from but the end result is that you end up with a real actual butt that is yours no implants necessary and ain't nobody ever gonna know. unless you have skinny legs and you ask for that dumb iggy azalea look where it's big rear end toothpick legs.

but i used to squat and dl in teh 500s so i got big meaty legs.

hell, if insurance covered that i'd get it. round buttes look good on everyone

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

y'all talked earlier about laser and electrolytic hair removal, did any particular physicans or other medical pros do/refer those or did y'all track down a local business or similar

i see local places like simplicity laser and while i can't point out anything specific my scamalarm is (maybe falsely) going off

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

y'all talked earlier about laser and electrolytic hair removal, did any particular physicans or other medical pros do/refer those or did y'all track down a local business or similar

i see local places like simplicity laser and while i can't point out anything specific my scamalarm is (maybe falsely) going off

i mean it's a little weird that their website consists entirely of stock photos but the fact that they have 16 different locations across multiple states sounds to me like they're at least a real actual business that does real actual laser hair removal :shrug:

e: emphasis mine

quote:

SHOULD I BE WORRIED ABOUT RADIATION?
No way! There are two types of radiation: non-ionizing radiation and ionizing radiation. Hair removal lasers produce non-ionizing radiation, which is simply the radiation of light, and is FDA approved for your skin. Ionizing radiation, which is not produced by hair removal lasers, represents x-rays, ultra-violet, and nuclear radiation and is a completely different type of radiation.

*eyebrow twitches violently*

Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Dec 16, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

It was more their business model, the site says they charge $200 for six sessions for a Brazilian but you have to call them to find out you have to join their monthly membership thing after that, that they won't quote me a price for without coming in :confused:

So I wondered if it was more supposed to be a hospital or dermatologist thing i guess

(e) but i guess google says that sort of thing is fairly common so nevermind :saddowns:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Dec 16, 2017

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

theres gotta be a radiation expert in the 'pos

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i mean sure light is light i thought there was a hard line of frequency/wavelength (like somewhere in UV) where it goes from 'safe, probably' to 'u ded m8' depending on intensity, but my last physics course was a decade ago

i suppose you could kinda sorta call that 'different types'??

(in the distance more violent eyebrow twitching is heard)

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Dec 16, 2017

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i only remember that theyre all bad but some are alright in small doses :o:

e: isnt haveblue a physics professor?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I assume they just have that to comfort loonies who think cell phones cause cancer and want prop 58 warnings on everything.

Laser is safe. I had nine sessions on my fuckin face and I'm fine. I'm lasering my legs now. Im fine.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

cis autodrag posted:

I assume they just have that to comfort loonies who think cell phones cause cancer and want prop 58 warnings on everything.

oh yeah that's absolutely the reason, i'm just being a pedantic dork

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

lol but the opposite. I'm fine with lasers but all that talk of radiation

its bad customer relations to mention a problem thats not there you know?

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

"ionizing radiation" means the energy involved is enough to pop an electron right off an atom (or molecule), turning the atom into an ion

the amount of energy required to do this depends on the material thats receiving the radiation, as some atoms/molecules will be more possessive of their electrons than others. in general ionizing radiation also tends to be pretty high frequency, like gamma ray territory, but there can still be concerns even if the energy isnt necessarily strong enough to be ionizing, and conversely just because something is ionizing doesn't mean its terrible either.

for example, RF energy isnt gonna ionize much but there's still a danger for exposure to people/animals once you get into transmitters that produce hundreds or thousands of times the energy emitted by a cell phone. for example if you were designing an enormous kW+ ham radio station (as opposed to a 0.5W-3W cell phone) then you'd hopefully be looking at this chart at some point:

interesting thing with that chart is that the higher frequencies to the right have a higher permitted value than that dip in the middle, when i'd expect that higher frequencies to be worse due to higher energy. for whatever reason people don't do worse in the 30-300mhz range than they do in the >300mhz range despite that

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

this is because dermatology is adjacent to plastic surgery, and as a result is a hive of rich people luxury services and scam artists. i would recommend getting a referral from your primary care physician or a trans-friendly doctor, the result will be both less scammy and most likely vastly cheaper than if you look for a dermatologist yourself

e: all that weird language about radiation or whatever is because the business you're looking at has a primary demographic of 40 year old upper crust socialite women that are terrified of aging

Venuz Patrol fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Dec 16, 2017

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Paging quiggy

Quiggy is the yospos laser gal

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
holy poo poo how did I not know Brazilian Butt Augmentation was a thing

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Symbolic Butt posted:

it isn't very symbolic tbf

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Symbolic Butt posted:

I smell a name change

PS I made cocadas this year and they are really good and everybody thinks I'm like secret top chef now

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
ey if you can afford it there are home laser devices for hair removal these days that actually work. However they do tend to require a tighter tolerance on the skin tone/hair tone thing then a clinic might, so if you were on the borderline before for effectiveness you might skip it altogether.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Symbolic Butt posted:

I don't know because it's literally been the only thing on my mind for like two years. All the figgies..... They're for butts.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

fishmech posted:

ey if you can afford it there are home laser devices for hair removal these days that actually work. However they do tend to require a tighter tolerance on the skin tone/hair tone thing then a clinic might, so if you were on the borderline before for effectiveness you might skip it altogether.

interesting, i thought those were still scams like those commercials for muscle relief via pulsing lights

i'd have to ask an expert but i think i'm borderline anyway--i'm light skinned and dark haired which is good but 90% of my body hair is quite thin and sparse/spaced out, i heard it works better on coarse and thick hair

Symbolic Butt posted:

i know it was fully intentional but i still laughed at the user/av/post combo, thanks :cheers:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 16, 2017

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Ciaphas posted:

interesting, i thought those were still scams like those commercials for muscle relief via pulsing lights

i'd have to ask an expert but i think i'm borderline anyway--i'm light skinned and dark haired which is good but 90% of my body hair is quite thin and sparse/spaced out, i heard it works better on coarse and thick hair

i know it was fully intentional but i still laughed at the user/av/post combo, thanks :cheers:

Basically a lot of companies used to sell "home laser treatment" that was just low power ipl and barely worked. They still do, but now there's stuff like the tria 4x and others around that use legit lasers and will actually do hair reduction just like a clinic

Albeit it will be slower than a professional technician with a full system going because you're not able to use them as quickly. But instead of a tightly scheduled treatment session you just do it in your free time so it doesn't matter you might take 3 hours to cover an area you'd do in an hour at a clinic

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
having moderately more success chatting up dudes and ladies online lately. working on arranging a date or two but it's kind of an awkward time of year especially since i'm on a night shift. trying out scruff but so many basic features like age filters are locked behind their subscription.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i'm single and not ready to mingle because i have horrible social anxiety, trouble dating outside of people i know and their friends, and also my last relationship ended very badly

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

RISCy Business posted:

i'm single and not ready to mingle because i have horrible social anxiety, trouble dating outside of people i know and their friends, and also my last relationship ended very badly

it's okay not to date, gently caress, or be in a relationship.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

RISCy Business posted:

smoke a weede

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

ultravoices posted:

it's okay not to date, gently caress, or be in a relationship.

i mean, yeah, but at the same time it'd be nice i guess

i'm not cool enough to know where to obtain a weed so i'm waiting for maryland to make it legal

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

RISCy Business posted:

i'm not cool enough to know where to obtain a weed so i'm waiting for maryland to make it legal

take a trip to Baja Canada where the weed is legal and good

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

A Pinball Wizard posted:

wash it, and dry it in the drier a few times. they loosen up. after you get it to where you can put it on, only wash it on cold and as infrequently as possible and always air dry.

thanks for the advice but i think i might have ordered a size small, or maybe i didn't measure my chest right

but as tight as it is/how much of a pain it is just to get it most of the way on i can't imagine wearing something like this everyday

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
here is an interesting installment of the working podcast interviewing dr. jess ting, who is a performer of gender reassignment surgeries.

http://www.slate.com/articles/podcasts/working/2017/12/how_does_gender_reassignment_surgeon_jess_ting_work.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Did you know that Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy and Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln? Such an amazing coincidence. Just like when my department had to let someone go for budgetary reasons just a couple of days after the Diane fact sheet fell out of my bag.

makes u think about the interconnectedness of all things