Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
lol that review was hopeless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Basically didn't even hit him in line while travelling further down leg side. Good job. The epitome of a "fast bowlers think everything is out" scenario.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
tbf anderson didn't look terribly confident

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
Mark Nicholas is right about the cookie-cutter circular multisport arenas being a bad idea for cricket. They made baseball in America struggle for 20 years. It didn't recover until they knocked the arenas down and replaced them with baseball-specific grounds modeled on the ballparks that existed before the generic arenas.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

runoverbobby posted:

Mark Nicholas is right about the cookie-cutter circular multisport arenas being a bad idea for cricket. They made baseball in America struggle for 20 years. It didn't recover until they knocked the arenas down and replaced them with baseball-specific grounds modeled on the ballparks that existed before the generic arenas.

actually all the australian commentators have told me that the facilities are second to none

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Windies have a battle n their hands in the current tour match against basically a team of scrubs not wanted for their province's T20 teams. https://scoring.nzc.nz/livescoring/match4671/scorecard.aspx

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I think that drop ins can be good. The Adelaide Oval I think people will agree has got better since it moved to a drop in. There is a danger of cookie-cutter grounds but i also can't see why drop ins cant be decent ???

Yeah the MCG drop in is famously bad but so has been the WACA for the last 5 years and the SCG is often hit and miss and they are permanent pitches

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Not sure why England are wasting the new ball with these two.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Airstream Driver posted:

Not sure why England are wasting the new ball with these two.

Its weird that Root hasn't given Overton a crack with the new ball. He has been their best bowler by miles this test.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
smith is now officially better than adam voges. hard to believe but it's true

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

RideTheSpiral posted:

its because he’s got the worlds most annoying and irking voice

It's his laugh that shits me, I can see why his teammates hated him

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Its weird that Root hasn't given Overton a crack with the new ball. He has been their best bowler by miles this test.

Each time I turn to look at the screen and see another ball go half a metre over the batsman's head, I grit my teeth a little more and turn back to something else.

Give Overton and ... err ... his twin brother Overtonne the ball at either end.

Broad especially just seems angry. If this is just him falling for the "they bounced me so I'm going to bounce them back" bullshit against non-tail enders then loving just give him a rest. For a game or a spell or something who the gently caress knows. If you just want some running exercise then go for a loving lap around the block.

Woakes is at least aiming at the cracks. Given that about the only way it looks like Steve Smith is ever going to get out is when he hesitantly plays something onto his stumps when he realises mid-delivery he only adjusted himself 17 times and not 18 before this ball, then your next best bet is some random unpredictable deviation from normal off of a crack.

As I type this he pitches one well short of a length but not a true bouncer and comfortably outside off which Smith just politely thanks him for and dispatches to the fence.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

My face when KP is commentating

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I loving love Smith

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Someone take broad out the back and shoot him this is shocking bowling.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
hurr im england bowl bouncers

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

My word Bairstow is an ugly chap

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Swann is getting mad on the radio about how Smith leaves the ball and is convinced it's disrespectful

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Byolante posted:

Swann is getting mad on the radio about how Smith leaves the ball and is convinced it's disrespectful

Lmao really ???

Why

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Lmao really ???

Why

i see where he’s coming but i think smith is just an autistic weirdo

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
lol windies lost to nz xi

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Swann is a bitch baby

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Lmao really ???

Why

Apparently he is mocking the bowler and mother cricket is going to punish him.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Byolante posted:

You mean the way that he is leaving the ball and not the fact that he is leaving the ball, yeah?

He does know literally that every batting action that Smith has is ... just plain awkward, right?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Smith getting 170 is very disrespectful to England.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Smith is constantly in battle with himself. Maybe he is challenging the bowlers but I think its a reaction to an error he has made previously. He is a weird guy. Look how angry he gets when he plays a false shot

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Lmao Jimmy

TRISHY
Apr 12, 2005

lol what a review

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
lol it looked good too

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Dar the batsman murderer really tried to let that massive no ball go

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
Was that the spot fix? To be serious, does that cost them a review?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Spacman posted:

Was that the spot fix? To be serious, does that cost them a review?

Nah its seen as umpires error

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Nah its seen as umpires error

Good, it would blow to lose a review to a missed no ball.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Australia are going to make 600 and Mitch Marsh is going to be in the team forever

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Is there anything more disgusting than the barmy army?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

The channel nine commentary team

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

In terms of cricket fans? Sonny Shaw.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
MMarsh is just having fun really

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
If MMarsh scores a 100, they should cancel test cricket. Embarrassing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

turn off your monitor