Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

These are the songs listed for the season pass:

CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA; the first opening theme to the Dragon Ball Z TV series.

How is this not in by default. What.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Everytime there's a new video or character reveal there's a kid version of myself in the back of my head who's tiny little mind is blown over this being a real thing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fuzz posted:

How is this not in by default. What.

Licensing, probably.

Also yessss TOKUSENTAI

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I'm watching DBZ Kai and just got to the end of the Cell Saga and man, almost everything to do with the androids and Cell could have been avoid if Goku and friends weren't such dumb motherfuckers all the time.

Also Android 16 should have been brought back as a member of the Z crew. He'd at least be more useful than Tien.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm watching DBZ Kai and just got to the end of the Cell Saga and man, almost everything to do with the androids and Cell could have been avoid if Goku and friends weren't such dumb motherfuckers all the time.

Wait until you get to Buu :allears: That entire incident could have been avoided if Supreme Kai was competent at his job

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Waffleman_ posted:

Wait until you get to Buu :allears: That entire incident could have been avoided if Supreme Kai was competent at his job

I have forgotten so much of the series over the years and there was so much that I just straight up missed. I probably caught like maybe a half dozen episodes of Buu and beyond when the original was on the air.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Is Zamasu a competent Supreme Kai? I haven't watched Super yet but I've seen the design and they look similar.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

So cool.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hit looks loving incredible.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I thought Hit was going to be DLC and I'm so glad I was wrong

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Chaotic Flame posted:

Is Zamasu a competent Supreme Kai? I haven't watched Super yet but I've seen the design and they look similar.

Well he is the only one who got anything done

But on the other hand, he also decided to dick around a bunch instead of completing his plan

So, he's still not doing great

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chaotic Flame posted:

He's an evil Supreme Kai.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Endorph posted:

He's an evil Supreme Kai.

It's weird but this may be the thing that finally gets me to start Super. I always liked the Supreme Kai's design and hated how useless he was in Z.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

zamasu is great because he's the frank grimes of dragonball

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Zamasu did nothing wrong.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
This is probably a dumb question, but do we know if this game will be getting English voice acting?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Chaotic Flame posted:

It's weird but this may be the thing that finally gets me to start Super. I always liked the Supreme Kai's design and hated how useless he was in Z.

A large part of Super's plot is driven by the Kais of Universe 7 being very bad at their jobs.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

khwarezm posted:

This is probably a dumb question, but do we know if this game will be getting English voice acting?
It will. Some of the english VAs have already tweeted about recording dialogue for it - 17's dub VA did so before 18 was even revealed, which is why people thought he'd be a separate character and not part of her moveset.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

khwarezm posted:

iirc we first found out android 17 was in the game in some capacity when his english VA mentioned somewhere that he did lines for the game

so there's your answer

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

zamasu is great because he's the frank grimes of dragonball

So a harbinger of the series decline?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

So a harbinger of the series decline?

homer's enemy was great :colbert:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

what song is this?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

These are the songs listed for the season pass:

Intros and endings:
(“Mystical Adventure!”); the opening theme to the Dragon Ball TV series
(“I’ll Give You Romance”); the ending theme to the Dragon Ball TV series
CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA; the first opening theme to the Dragon Ball Z TV series
WE GOTTA POWER; the second opening theme to the Dragon Ball Z TV series
(“Come Out, Incredible ZENKAI Power!”); the first ending theme to the Dragon Ball Z TV series
(“We Were Angels”); the second ending theme to the Dragon Ball Z TV series
DAN DAN; the opening theme to the Dragon Ball GT TV series

BGM

(“Prologue & Subtitle”); episode recap and title card music
(“A New Hero is Born”)
(“Solid State Scouter”); the Bardock TV special insert song
(“The Fearsome Ginyu Special Force”)

The 18/22/Bulma pictures are "Z Stamps" ie emotes.

DAN DAN gently caress yes!!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Did Beerus have a kind of Venom thing going on with those purple Ki orbs? It seemed like they stood there until he kicked one.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Zamasu is an alt-right 4chan user who lives with himself in a cabin in the woods and drinks tea and talks about hating Ningen.

And his supreme kai cares more about tea and making godtube videos than being a kaioshin

Its an awesome arc

the culminator fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Dec 16, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp7OTsUVcE4

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

homer's enemy was great :colbert:

It was but it was still a milestone in it's downfall. It was sort of the point where things got too ridiculous among other things.

https://deadhomersociety.com/zombiesimpsons/ is a really good read on that sort of stuff.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

It was but it was still a milestone in it's downfall. It was sort of the point where things got too ridiculous among other things.

https://deadhomersociety.com/zombiesimpsons/ is a really good read on that sort of stuff.

oh trust me i know all the fandom controversy on that ep, i just think it's silly to point to an individual episode instead of recognizing that the show was trending in a bad direction with or without homer's enemy

(imo at the very least point to the principal and the pauper instead)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Homer's enemy was ridiculous but that was kind of the point, it was an intentional calling out and parody of the more ridiculous moments in the Simpsons and the contrivances of its premise. Like how Homer is meant to be a picture of middle class ennui but he lives in a house most people would kill for. It doesn't introduce anything that wasn't already there, stuff like that has been there since Season 1.

That said, it's true that it's kind of a good end point for the show. Honestly, I could imagine an alternate universe where Homer's Enemy is the series finale.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Also if you do want to watch Super I'd recommend just watching Battle of Gods/Resurrection F and skipping the arcs covering those, they don't really add anything to the movies except a whole lot of filler. The Universe 6 arc is alright, Goku Black was pretty good minus a dumb ending, and the Universal Survival arc has had some real highlights though it does kind of drag its feet.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Endorph posted:

Also if you do want to watch Super I'd recommend just watching Battle of Gods/Resurrection F and skipping the arcs covering those, they don't really add anything to the movies except a whole lot of filler. The Universe 6 arc is alright, Goku Black was pretty good minus a dumb ending, and the Universal Survival arc has had some real highlights though it does kind of drag its feet.

Actually, I'd say Super handles Resurrection F better than the movie. Although, I do agree the movie version of Battle of Gods handles things way better. Also, make sure to watch the theatrical version of Battle of the Gods. The director's cut just adds stuff that was cut for pacing reasons.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its amazing seeing scenes from the frieza saga where the characters basic anatomy and ear size isnt changing drastically in every shot

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Wrist Watch posted:

I've always thought whatever company does the naruto ultimate ninja games could make loving bank by just licensing the "style" of game they produce and letting various popular animes make their own variations with the same core gameplay.

That is Cyberconnect and those games are still fun for arena fighters.

Anyway the new trailer with DBZ ending song was a beautiful thing.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Actually, I'd say Super handles Resurrection F better than the movie. Although, I do agree the movie version of Battle of Gods handles things way better. Also, make sure to watch the theatrical version of Battle of the Gods. The director's cut just adds stuff that was cut for pacing reasons.

This. Super's Resurrection F had the return of one of the best drat villains on the show as a sneak in, and it's glorious.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm still pissed that the BoG arc stretched out a fight that took maybe 15 minutes in the movie to EIGHT EPISODES

and then they ruined the ending!

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Chaotic Flame posted:

Zamasu is a guy that applies for a job without even reading the description, and then gets really mad that it wasn't exactly like he thought so he starts throwing office supplies around the room.

Super's RoF arc did some things better, but I don't think that justifies watching like ten eps of that. It still gets dragged to hell and back. If you start, you should watch the first few eps of Super, watch BoG, then the few eps inbetween of original stuff, RoF, and then the rest of Super.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Future Imperft Cell brags about knowing "[Trunks's] Moves, styles, what you're into, what you're not." This series is gayer than JoJo whenever a bad guy is talking.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Anime BOG was decent and the fight had some cool stuff (universe shaking punches and all). ROF was the low point of super and the animation was at its absolute worst. You arent missing anything though by just watching the movies and skipping to U6 tournament.

the culminator fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Dec 16, 2017

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

skipping to the u6 tournament after watching the movies means you miss vegeta's family vacation and also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v0Zt-6oPaM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Is the U6 tournament the Battle of Power stuff? If so, I'll watch the BoG movie and jump to that.