Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

bloom posted:

A week. Meat sitting at 42 degrees for a week. :stonk:

I'm rarely truly horrified at this thread but goddamn.
It's the more aggressive version of "keep food no longer than 4 hours between 40°F and 140°F," (4.4°C to 60°C) where you swap "hours" out for "days" and then still violate the rule somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
I thought it was 4 hours @ minimum 55 degrees for safe meating? My probably-hundreds of 56 degree SV steaks haven't killed me yet anyway.

Cooking a 48 hour pork shoulder right now. It cooking is AFP as i've put blue food dye in the water so it's easy to tell if the bags have been compromised.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

iRend posted:

I thought it was 4 hours @ minimum 55 degrees for safe meating? My probably-hundreds of 56 degree SV steaks haven't killed me yet anyway.

Cooking a 48 hour pork shoulder right now. It cooking is AFP as i've put blue food dye in the water so it's easy to tell if the bags have been compromised.
You're crossing wires. <4 hours in the danger zone. Absolutely safe meating is only achieved through pasteurization, which depends on shape of your meat and cooking temp and at 55C ends up about 2-4 hours. Incidentally well done is what gets recommended for pasteurizing meat by government food boards because its idiot proof with no hold time required, if you hit that hot everything is getting nuked in seconds.

There's a small controversy over how to handle rare and medium rare in sous vide because growth is usually halted or slowed at that temperature but its still not reaching the threshold where things are dying. So the rule of thumb is to pretend its in the danger zone and ensure the cook and serve time will be under 4 hours.

There is not a small controversy over keeping meat in the danger zone for a week. Like the salt in the marinade probably killed everything but what the gently caress man?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Pastry of the Year posted:

e: NB please do not actually assassinate me, also I would never wear that out in public, my god

Boy I dunno $25 sounds prrrrretty intriguing right now

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Pastry of the Year posted:

e: NB please do not actually assassinate me, also I would never wear that out in public, my god

Will a gratuitous teasing over pastries be an acceptable substitute for the assassination part?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't think Papa Johns pizza is as bad as most people seem to think it is but I like thick dough and a sweeter sauce. I don't prefer them but I don't dislike them. Just seems same tier as any other national chain pizza place to me

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There's not a safe in the world big secure enough for us to hide the shame of that secret.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
those peas spread on toast could be good with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sodium Chloride posted:

Nothing wrong with peas. They are delicious.

There's a really good sandwich I had in NYC that included pea spread (it was a turkey or chicken sandwich, I think). Mashed peas provide a really good savory addition.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

That woman is lucky she's dead, because I would go to her house and kick her in the rear end for this nonsense.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm realizing I've been missing out on "dinner sized" hot dogs my whole life and been settling for these garbage "bun sized" ones. This is the adult version of finding out there's no Santa.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm realizing I've been missing out on "dinner sized" hot dogs my whole life and been settling for these garbage "bun sized" ones. This is the adult version of finding out there's no Santa.

Father carves the frankfurter; "The biggest slice for mother, of course," he says warmly, sliding the hot slice of pinkish meat onto her porcelain plate. "She did all the hard work making this lovely great weiner for us." He offers the boat of hot-dog gravy to her, and she accepts gratefully.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Why did she post her address? Does she think someone will want to hook up with her because of this?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Cakefarts Carol posted:

IT"S A WHOLESOME CEREAL FOR CHILDREN OK???

Entirely wholesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfwKWfM0YSU

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at here, but I think I want it.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Is that *wipes forehead* r-ranch???

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

zedprime posted:

You're crossing wires. <4 hours in the danger zone. Absolutely safe meating is only achieved through pasteurization, which depends on shape of your meat and cooking temp and at 55C ends up about 2-4 hours. Incidentally well done is what gets recommended for pasteurizing meat by government food boards because its idiot proof with no hold time required, if you hit that hot everything is getting nuked in seconds.

There's a small controversy over how to handle rare and medium rare in sous vide because growth is usually halted or slowed at that temperature but its still not reaching the threshold where things are dying. So the rule of thumb is to pretend its in the danger zone and ensure the cook and serve time will be under 4 hours.

There is not a small controversy over keeping meat in the danger zone for a week. Like the salt in the marinade probably killed everything but what the gently caress man?

I figured the acidity and salt in the Worcestershire would probably be like the herbs and spices used in Peking Duck, which hangs for a substantial amount of time (24 hours, I think) unrefrigerated. One of the states, I think it was Calfornia, had a big catawhumpus over it and when they checked, they found the duck was fine.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

My wife's best friend posted this poo poo on Facebook. Wife says she makes it by putting everything raw into a pot, filling it with water, and boiling

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

As a soup/stew thats forgivable.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Aesop Poprock posted:

Why did she post her address? Does she think someone will want to hook up with her because of this?

Newspapers/magazines used to think nothing of posting people's addresses along with their submissions, I seem to remember. There was a time when that was not an invitation to identity theft and spam.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I think I used to see details fading as time progressed from the 80s when it'd go from address to just the street, then just the town, then state.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

AlbieQuirky posted:

That woman is lucky she's dead, because I would go to her house and kick her in the rear end for this nonsense.

Nobody said anything about her being dead? Did you check?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
In a stunning plot twist, Frankfurters ala Cling are the one thing that grants eternal life.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Data Graham posted:

Newspapers/magazines used to think nothing of posting people's addresses along with their submissions, I seem to remember. There was a time when that was not an invitation to identity theft and spam.

Well, it was, it's just that back then they didn't care.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Back then, everyone's name and address were in the phone book anyway. My local paper required identifying information for all letters to the editor to prevent anonymous trawling for public outrage.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Friendship ended with avocado, now peas are my best friend.

Wow you've invented and subsequently hosed up pease pudding, how very 200 years ago/yorkshire of you.

Failed Nihilist
Apr 10, 2015
I don't hate peas on principle, but I'm with @Kenny just for how that thing's worded.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
In the grim darkness of something something there is only cake

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

bloom posted:

In the grim darkness of something something there is only cake

I want that unspeakable evil inside me NOW!

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

The famed dead man's chest.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Go gently caress yourself :barf:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Well that's just nasty.

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie

"Is this chicken, what I have, or is this fish?"

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Wrong thread, friend. :randstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Sodium Chloride posted:

Nothing wrong with peas. They are delicious.

They're full of country goodness and green peaness.