Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Dusty Lens posted:

Looks like Derek solved the spin lock issue.

Just email Crytek the credentials for your git/perforce repo, delete your local copy, shut down your computer, box it, shrink wrap it, and send it to auction.

Don't forget to put a little easter egg in CryCore.cpp that says something like "suck it Crytek!" when you hit LALT + LSHIFT + RSHIT + F11 + F12 + C + ESC.

e: Crytax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

biglads posted:

I would say they are abandoning ship, but as they only have pictures of ships they can't really.
Quickly, to the pictures of the life boats. Women and children first!

But there are no wo...

Shut up and pledge!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/941986325548421120
https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/942092534347653121
https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/942093673071857665
https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/942095063462629376
https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/942479696687763456

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Catching up, what's this?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

remember that time derek doxxed all those kids? good poo poo

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bayonnefrog posted:

Hey,

When is DS going to file his Amicus Curiae brief?

Also refresh here: https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/23222744/Crytek_GmbH_v_Cloud_Imperium_Games_Corp_et_al

for updates.

Superbowl

Just don't pay them anything. The actual court system pacer is uglier, but cheaper.

SomethingJones posted:

It's a listing of all the filings in the case. It's also a way to cream cash off people that don't like navigating the actual court systems.

Last filing was checking that counsel could practice in the Cali. Bar.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/SC_Logicorp/status/942426038151385089
https://twitter.com/SC_Logicorp/status/942428812167532544
https://twitter.com/SC_Logicorp/status/942429315203063810

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

SomethingJones posted:

FUD.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

”If no Quid Pro Quo, case dismissed?”

Tonight, on CSI: Special Dictums Unit...

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
I don't think we'll ever know, but I still suspect that a lot of the particularly over the top twitter accounts being critical of Derek are Sandi.

Glad we're all here together at the end, guys.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Bayonnefrog posted:

Hey,

When is DS going to file his Amicus Curiae brief?

Don't know yet. I am still waiting to have a chat with legal about timing and logic.

As I said on my Discord channel, even though it is up to the judge to enter it on the court record, my goal is to, at the very least, include the entire manifesto of The Fourth Stimpire, as well as The July Blog.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Toops posted:

Don't forget to put a little easter egg in CryCore.cpp that says something like "suck it Crytek!" when you hit LALT + LSHIFT + RSHIT + F11 + F12 + C + ESC.

But then how will you open the menu?

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

As I said on my Discord channel, even though it is up to the judge to enter it on the court record, my goal is to, at the very least, include the entire manifesto of The Fourth Stimpire, as well as The July Blog.

This is what I get for leaving the thread for a year or two; I thought the Fourth Stimpire Manifesto was the July Blog. :shrug:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Hav posted:

it took marching powder to keep that thread on track.

So, I take it that I'm the only one interested in the fact that they firmly took the private game servers off the table by the move to Lumberyard? Minor point, but they were already heading to cornercaseville with some of those stretch goals.

One day he'll have to let you in on the date when CiG stopped cutting checks.

You know, I'm not actually Toast AKA Steven Kam. I'm just a backer that contributed to a kickstarter (I've contributed to lots of kickstarts, including ones for belts that have been around since the 80s), because people are sometimes innovative and creative and I like to back that.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

ManofManyAliases posted:

You know, I'm not actually Toast AKA Steven Kam. I'm just a backer that contributed to a kickstarter (I've contributed to lots of kickstarts, including ones for belts that have been around since the 80s), because people are sometimes innovative and creative and I like to back that.

I like Twix candy bars, but I haven't spent the last year or so fervently defending Twix bars on the internet like it's my actual job.

EDIT: And don't even talk to me about Aero bars! They may seem elite, but they're just a dangerous shadow of the stunning innovation coming from Twix.

Goredema fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 18, 2017

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

Don't know yet. I am still waiting to have a chat with legal about timing and logic.

Can you please - REALLY - please submit a brief including the stimpire text? I would pay to see Judge Gee's face when she tries to take any of that seriously.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Goredema posted:

I like Twix candy bars, but I haven't spent the last year or so fervently defending Twix bars on the internet like it's my actual job.

That's because right is best side and you can't be pestered into arguing otherwise. I'm glad of it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Toops posted:

Just email Crytek the credentials for your git/perforce repo, delete your local copy, shut down your computer, box it, shrink wrap it, and send it to auction.

e: Crytax

This is a common key combination for opening the main menu of certain games. Choose something different.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

Can you please - REALLY - please submit a brief including the stimpire text? I would pay to see Judge Gee's face when she tries to take any of that seriously.

I know. That's the whole point. Even if she doesn't enter it into the court docket, the mere filing of it, coupled with the legal stamps and all that, will be the most hilarious thing ever to grace these pages. :laffo:

----------------

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

I just want chris roberts wheeled in there, covered in UEE flags and screaming like larry flynt

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Hav posted:

Just don't pay them anything. The actual court system pacer is uglier, but cheaper.

It's a listing of all the filings in the case. It's also a way to cream cash off people that don't like navigating the actual court systems.

Last filing was checking that counsel could practice in the Cali. Bar.

link?

nevermind. Found it

Bayonnefrog fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 18, 2017

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Star citizen : stimperical evidence

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

In hindsight I'm sad that I didn't think to archive the thread titles. If only we had someone (or someones) dedicated to keeping a record of that sort of useless errata
I was copy-pasting some of them but most of these were never adopted into thread cannon.

Star Citizen: We don´t care about development
Star Citizen: I Love Being on the Spectrum
Star Citizen: The hilarity is not intentional
Star Citizen: GAME IS NOW TOTAL LOST
Star Citizen: issues that triple every second
Star Citizen: Fork off Cryengine
Star Citizen: Something just doesn't add up
Star Citizen: Total Eclipse of the Paaarp
Star Citizen: Clearly Chris does not understand game development
Star Citizen: Some sort of hack after they didn't plan ahead
Star Citizen: It's a fancy cutscene. Don't get your panties twisted
Star Citizen: Really ramping up production!
Star Citizen: We cant even make animated CGI, lets do a real clip with actors
Star Citizen: Honest question regarding excitement about toilets
Star Citizen: (ACTUAL THEFT)

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

ManofManyAliases posted:

That's because right is best side and you can't be pestered into arguing otherwise. I'm glad of it.

In CryEngine, both sides of the Twix bar are identical. We tried to make them different, but then time started running backwards and the left bar slowly melted through the surface of the earth before exploding.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

stimpire.txt should be put in the library of congress

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
lol

organized resistance

motherfucker please

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

no_recall posted:

One last one before the year ends.

Someone call how much the Christmas / ELE / Couttes Interest Repayment / Crytek Lawsuit / Year End - Sale Livestream Extravaganza is going to reap!

All guesses / prizes / donations will be taken in before Thursday.

A bunch of you don't have PM enabled so I still have a bunch of unclaimed keys, lets do this!

Buy a Starship!

$4.2 milliums

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

maybe if we file enough change.org and whitehouse.gov petitions someone can save our game from this unfair persecution :qq:

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

D_Smart posted:

LMAO!! I drat near spit my coffee. As proof that CryTek violated their contract, he posts...and opinion video that doesn't have any facts of that?

:laffo:

Not to mention this is classic reddit arguing of "if you can't spend several hours watching lovely videos that may or may not prove my point then get out."

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
MoMA, can we get a pic of your fabled belt closet? I want pics of suave, debonair belts.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hav posted:

I like litcube's universe as a total conversion, as it has a couple of differently scaled 'threats' that give you something to push against, rather than just unfucking the economy. It does make the stock market slightly less gameable and more like a passive way to dump some cash over a long period of time rather than acting as a day trader in your M4 wankpod.

Vanilla tended to streamline down to me loving around in Teladi space, getting stock market access and gaming the gently caress out of that with time compression. LU tends to force me to engage more with the game and having a side business in 2nd hand M5s

I might have those the wrong way around, because it's been a while. Still a better game than SC.

Helium Rain is a version with the serial numbers filed off that I've enjoyed, but nothing beats a capital ship pagga in X3.

Dope I'll look into it

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

EightAce posted:

CIG have already answered Skadden and his upstart junior legal team. Ortwin personally rebuked them . The were told to gently caress off basically with this frivolous nonsense and that CIG would be coming after Crytek for any costs incurred . Job done , now on with some more mopping motion capture.

"We refer you to the reply given in the case of Arkell v. Pressdram."

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

ManofManyAliases posted:

That's cool, I do the same. Now imagine how many other cool projects / games could have been funded if SC hadn't vampirized $170M of backer's money..

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

ManofManyAliases posted:

people are sometimes innovative and creative and I like to back that.

So why did you back Star Citizen?

Also, joking aside, CIG don't employ 400 people right now, your information on that is wong/outdated. Have you been told that recently or are you just going by the last mention of 400 staff which was a tweet from a month ago?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The laughing GWAR gif needs to come back

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:laffo:

These chucklefucks are really, truly, clueless.

----------------

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

SomethingJones posted:

So why did you back Star Citizen?

Also, joking aside, CIG don't employ 400 people right now, your information on that is wong/outdated. Have you been told that recently or are you just going by the last mention of 400 staff which was a tweet from a month ago?

I think MoMA (who is Toast) is only fed partial or wrong information because he is just a paralegal, info like the one we quote the poo poo out of.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yes, but that's also something that Toast would say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

MedicineHut posted:

I think MoMA (who is Toast) is only fed partial or wrong information because he is just a paralegal, info like the one we quote the poo poo out of.

MoMA isn't Toast, because Toast wouldn't make an argument relying on the number of staff being 400.

Moma I'd love for you to have that number confirmed, honestly - ask someone.