Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

RBX posted:

You fool.

You forgot KAKAROT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Yeah, I'm kinda leaning toward PC solely for the longevity of it being available long after I pack up my PS4, but then again hackers and crappy community size by comparison, but also then again the potential for sweet, sweet mods so I can finally fulfill my dream of playing as Bubbles in a video game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im looking forward to the mod that replaces kid buu with sonic the hedgehog

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My tentative main is gonna be 18 and Kid Buu, and I'll have to get a feel for who I want as my third. Maybe Black or Beerus.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

My main is going to be everyone but Goku because I want to play as everyone but Goku

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Any of the new footage confirm if you can choose your assist now or if assists just changed?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Chaotic Flame posted:

Any of the new footage confirm if you can choose your assist now or if assists just changed?

There was an interview linked earlier in the thread, each character just has one assist move, so they must have just changed at some point in development.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man seeing a lot of story mode footage and stuff in my youtube feed. I take it some kind of embargo went up today?

Oh my god off color vegeta. Was this in previous builds?

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 18, 2017

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Man seeing a lot of story mode footage and stuff in my youtube feed. I take it some kind of embargo went up today?

Yup.

Livestream starts now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6tgy_8GY3Y

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Oh my god off color vegeta. Was this in previous builds?

Man, I wish Vegeta had stayed that shrimpy looking throughout the series.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Here's a live stream going on showing off some of the new stuff.

https://www.twitch.tv/bandainamcous

They have english voices now, I was starting to get worried that they weren't going to do english.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

story mode looks badass

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

So if I pre-ordered a physical copy I'm SOL for the ea beta im guessing :(

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh god the no UI display mode :ssj:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
poo poo, PC or PS4?!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

both

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

This character select is aesthetically infuriating. Obviously they left spots for the DLC + Blue Goku & Vegeta but they're REALLY blatant about it. Plus the character order makes zero sense.

Even leaving the weird spacing it should be something like

Krillin - Tien - Yamcha - Teen Gohan - Goku // Vegeta - Trunks - Gotenks - Piccolo - Adult Gohan
Buu - Black - Frieza - Cell - Buu
Hit - Beerus - 18 // 16 - Ginyu - Nappa

poorly arranged character select screens bug the gently caress out of me

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

it's heroes vs villains

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Watching Yamcha shitstomp Beerus and Goku Black is amazing.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Brother Entropy posted:

it's heroes vs villains

Eh... I guess looking at it vertically yeah that makes sense. It still looks bad though. 16, 18, and Hit being on that side doesn't help. Like I know they were all on the side opposite Goku at various points but still.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Fat Buu and 18 are both good guys now, Hit might as well be too. Weird placement.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

At least Piccolo gets to be grouped with his children. :3:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

that was way too short

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

This Max guy sounds so excited for the game now, but wasn't he lukewarm about it when he played the beta and MvC:I was just out? Or did I just imagine that?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Watching Yamcha shitstomp Beerus and Goku Black is amazing.

Yamcha's shiteating grin in his victory pose was great.

Doggles posted:

At least Piccolo gets to be grouped with his children. :3:

Should've switched Trunks and Adult Gohan's place in the roster so Piccolo would truly be surrounded by his kids. :3:

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

amigolupus posted:

This Max guy sounds so excited for the game now, but wasn't he lukewarm about it when he played the beta and MvC:I was just out? Or did I just imagine that?

I'm not sure about disliking DBFZ, but I know Max was probably very enthusiastic about MvC:I when it came out as he was a huge fan of MVC3 and it's what got his youtube/streaming career off the ground. So I can see him being very optimistic about MvC:I around its release for personal and professional reasons.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

to be more cynical about it, max follows the money

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Rhymestyle/status/942860162016067584

And his comments on reddit about the stream feeling rushed:

quote:

We had to. Had an embargo from japan of only showing 5 min per mode

quote:

We actually planned an hour and Japan hit us with the “nahhhhh” LITERALLY before the stream

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also the beta was several months ago and was an older build. It's not odd that a person's opinion would change with new information.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Max liked the beta. His big worry was "all these characters so far kinda play the exact same without much setting them apart. I hope that changes."

Which has now transformed into the understandable "god I hope this dragonball mechanic doesn't ruin the competitive life of the game."

Brother Entropy posted:

This, he's a insanely popular lower effort streamer. Comes across as a friendly guy who's into what he likes though so can't fault him there.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Brother Entropy posted:

Nothing wrong with this, honestly.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
For people with platform concerns, the core group of goon FG players usually leans PC when the option is available, and if a game doesn't suck you can usually find matches for it in Discord for a good long while.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Agoat posted:

Nothing wrong with this, honestly.

well sure but it's always something worth keeping in mind, when someone's opinions on a piece of media are influenced by the fact that their livelihood can depend on that media's success

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I see! Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

His main concern over the Dragon Ball mechanic is whether it'll make matches go on too long, but I'd have to think that'd be something you could turn off for comp play.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The dragon ball mechanic really seems too hard to execute on to ruin the competitive life of the game. It's on the same level as like, Danger Time from Xrd.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That too, we still don't know exactly what triggers the Dragon Balls, but it doesn't seem like something that's easy to do.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

That too, we still don't know exactly what triggers the Dragon Balls, but it doesn't seem like something that's easy to do.

You unlock the ball corresponding to the tens place of a combo you finish, then when they're all out you press a command first to make a wish.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://twitter.com/DBFZfr/status/942859554223742976

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

I can't remember where I saw this but it was something like the 10s digit of your combo will give you that ball if it's not already taken, but that could have been made up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh yeah, then that's not happening often enough to be an issue. And when it does happen, it'll be a huge hype moment anyway.