Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Cowcaster posted:

drat, that shader is fantastic. do you get it from doing the raid?

Yeah, from clearing the first trash encounter with the banners. Don't even need to kill any bosses. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

J.A.B.C. posted:

Grenades are decent in ad-heavy areas, until you get a Curtain Call or Sins of the Past, which cluster rockets do just fine and also are rocket launchers. Snipers are okay, but really should be back in Energy Weapon, as they end up running out of ammo super-fast and are kinda poo poo against ads. Sword is a situational weapon, when you have to lay down a lot of damage at a single melee-range enemy (Dogs in the raid, for instance) but kinda useless against bosses due to their consistent AoE attacks at close range.

For good Heavy weapons, Linear Fusion Rifles are laser beams with tons of damage and I will never not support their use. Shotguns, especially those with the slug, can also turn out huge numbers and wreck shielded enemies. And if you can get 'The Colony' exotic Grenade Launcher, you can have fun sending out spider-bombs.

Ever since I got a Tarantula (Linear with quick ADS) from Io turn ins, and then did the Blue story postgame quest for the Man o War (Moving Target). I've been using the Man o War a hell of a lot between rocket launchers (Though I've been goofing off with the Morrigan-D rather than my non raid cluster launchers).

14 shots. Lets me reach out and gently caress someone up from a distance standard fusions like the much beloved Merciless can't deal with. It's got a shorter regular rifle style zoom which means it's way easier to use off the cuff than a sniper rifle. It also feels really cool to be using it as a murderous magical spaceman.

The damage is less impressive on a body shot than a regular fusion. But I can nail the crit spot of strike bosses or minibosses from basically anywhere. And with 14 ammo, I can afford to use it out of spite on stuff like Yellow Vex Hobgoblins and other mid tier yellows that are just being a pain in the rear end.

I'm always jealous of the Sins of the Past when it's used to absolutely nuke something. But I always feel better about my Man o War again eventually.

Basically, on top of making me feel more like a magical space commando. Linear Fusions just feel well rounded enough to never regret bringing most of the time. Though I do swap over to stuff more suited to close up spamming if the boss won't essentially laugh at you bringing it. Like the poor bastards I see trying to use Merciless on the final boss of Savathun's Song having 90% of their salvos hit the damage proof buffers.

I did get a new Linear Fusion drop from the expansion, but I don't like it. The Crooked Fang has worse range and gunplay stats. Plus backup plan while being highly praised on regular fusions, feels kind of wasted on a gun designed for you to stop and line up a critical shot with. Though I'm sure people who are in the "I never miss a crit, body shots are for babies :clint:" club may like it. Quick ADS and Moving Target are generally better served for Linear regardless due to needing to land multiple shots on tougher yellows that can survive a Sins of the past shot.

EDIT: Also Ashir Mir was finally starting to grow on me with his more outlandish tantrums, then he hands me two Linear Fusions in the same day. So my fanfiction is Guardian makes it a point to use Io brand power weapons to murder the poo poo out of the Vex.

Or was that using the Drang to murder the poo poo out of the Vex to get revenge for Failsafe? Nice thing about alternate timeline Alts. You get to kill Vex brains in several thematic ways.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Dec 18, 2017

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Kessel posted:

I have this problem with Sunshot. Datto et al. are definitely correct in calling it a top-tier handcannon for PvP as well as PvE but the way the entire model bounces up after every shot and blocks the sight picture makes it quite difficult for me to actually land all precision shots at a 150 rpm cadence.

If your monitor has a crosshair overlay option use it. It makes Shattered Peace my favorite gun in pvp.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I must be the only one who thinks the Calus shader is gaudy and lame as gently caress. Only good use I found for it is on my Lost Pacific Titan set, cause nothing else makes you look like a NASA murdernaut.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

I feel like people don't give pulse rifles enough love in pvp, they are far and above my go to weapons. I've been running with the Autumn Wind and then ether the Last Hope or the Sunshot as my backup close range weapon. I mean come on look at this sweet gun.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Skoll posted:

gaudy and lame as gently caress.

this is what is known as an "oxymoron"

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Skoll posted:

I must be the only one who thinks the Calus shader is gaudy and lame as gently caress. Only good use I found for it is on my Lost Pacific Titan set, cause nothing else makes you look like a NASA murdernaut.

My current goal is to mix yellow and black, matte colors, to create something that feel like this:

Road Complex chest + Bumblebee

Tei fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Dec 18, 2017

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Gonna hock that Perseverance auto rifle itt again. And that phosphorous SMG.

Dynamic Sway Reduction is a sweeeeeet perk; I don’t know if they changed it much from Persistence in D1, but it’s mighty nice to have your groups tighten as you hold down the trigger.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Uriel’s or GTFO

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Skoll posted:

Best use of calus shader is on a manannanan scout rifle. poo poo looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Kaedric posted:

Best use of calus shader is on a manannanan scout rifle. poo poo looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Also valid!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Tei posted:

Midnight Terror: the explosion of the bullet is not affected by distance and have a small aoe.

Which gun is this?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
i got a pair of Darkest Before pulse rifles and they seem totally insane.

My first MWK weapon was an easy choice but now im trying to decide on what to do for my Kinetics and I'm just completely paralyzed with indecision. Do I just pick one character and do all her guns first or should I just spread the MWK love around?

I love my Warlock but "maining" doesn't really make sense in this game with the way milestones and gear swapping works.

It's probably gonna be my Midnight Coup or my Forward Path

Also Trials is so weird man. my goon crew got 6 wins in a row, then we went up against a 4 stack in basically full flawless gear, lost, and then got another potato sack team. OoVee was lamenting so hard "WYYYYYY COULDNT YOU BE OUR LAST ROUND!@!!!" it was amazing.

The key to Trials, unlike the other PvP modes, is that if you dont have a rock-solid PLAN you have no chance. Call-outs and so forth are clutch, but for example this week as PoemDexter taught us it's all about controlling the central river via the Heavy Ammo. If you keep them off heavy they have no choice to flank via chokepoints which makes teamshotting a breeze, and basically the only games we lost all day were the games where the enemy team did that better than we did.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Dec 18, 2017

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
I went with the Golden Trace shader on my Titan because it's a carbon fiber and gold metallic trim. It makes my Titan look like a sportscar in Dubai. I went with Nebula Rose for my Warlock because pink space wizard.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Spanish Manlove posted:

Which gun is this?

i think he meant nameless midnight

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

Which gun is this?

I assume this means Nameless Midnight, kinetic scout rifle. Owns.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
With CoO out what is the new blue power level cap for world drops?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the desert starts around level 300 now, i've been getting 308-309s on my 320 power characters

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
300? 310? somewhere around there

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Cool, thanks!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Cowcaster posted:

i think he meant nameless midnight

That's what I figured. I'm torn between that one and origin story for that slot. Both are just so good.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

the good fax machine posted:

Uriel’s or GTFO

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I prefer The Number over Uriels

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i only have one uriel's but i've gotten like 3 positive outlooks (including one masterwork i think?) and they've been acquitting themselves just fine

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
I prefer Uriel's to PO but half the reason is that I put the dope rear end New Monarchy diamonds shader on my Uriel's

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/240599985

Hey all,
Throughout the weekend, we’ve been monitoring player feedback concerning the recently added Three of Coins consumable offered by Xûr. We’d like to give clarification on the functionality of this item:
When players use a Three of Coins consumable, this provides a 50% increase to the base chance of being rewarded an Exotic Engram upon activity completion. Using this consumable does not guarantee an Exotic reward upon completing a set number of activities – but rather increased chances upon each activity completion.
Note: We have found that Heroic Strikes do not currently grant higher chances for Exotics when using Three of Coins consumables, compared to Vanguard Strikes. We’re looking to address this with a future Hotfix, expected in early 2018.
We will continue to monitor and forward feedback concerning this feature throughout the holiday season. Keep it coming!
Later this week, we’ll have notes from the development team on additional feedback items that we’re looking to address in the future. Stay tuned.
Cheers,
-dmg04

i don't know what an 'activity' entails (literally anything?), but i don't know if this is right. i ran heroic PE's for like three hours and didn't see a single exotic.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I didn't see one either for adventures/PEs/strikes until the 3oc ran out. It's just broken and Bungie is going default Bungie by being opaque about it. Best deal for you is to just not get 3 of coins and play the game as before

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Id prefer Uriels if it werent for that PO scope.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
50% increase takes 0.0000001% to 0.00000015%

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

metasynthetic posted:

the dope rear end New Monarchy diamonds shader on my Uriel's

This guy loving gets it. And set to solar?

:respek:

Norns posted:

I prefer The Number over Uriels

Ur cool

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I've been playing Hunter so much that my aim is thrown off playing any other class with under 4 mobility. I'm the Titan hunting for Mobility armour.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Man I want to get lucky pants for my hunter so I have an excuse to do something other then drag my Masterwork Origin Story & Uriel's between characters. Of course the fated engram had to give me some dumb scout rifle.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Eej posted:

I've been playing Hunter so much that my aim is thrown off playing any other class with under 4 mobility. I'm the Titan hunting for Mobility armour.

The Titan recovery sets can easily give you 4 mobility without throwing your Resilience and Recovery in the garbage. Then have a few points of freebie Mobility, along with saying "gently caress it, +2 mobility instead of Recovery" for the helmet and legs. I'm getting 3 mobility default even without anything switched to "Even MORE mobility instead of Recovery, please." EDIT: I'm probably miss remembering exact numbers, but I know I get 3 mobility minimum while my "get shot at" stats are still nice.

While I love my Noble Constant (Resilience for Titans) that Ikora now has had no choice but to finally give me the arms for (the occasions I'm not using Synthoceps), I'm actually fond of the Kerak type 2 set as my recovery fashion. Bonus that it feels like the Crucible chest pairs well with the rest of Kerak. I only like the chest and butt cape for some reason when it comes to the titan crucible gear.

Of course, if you are chasing a mobility set for variety? Try going full NASA with the Titan arcology set.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Dec 18, 2017

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Section Z posted:

The Titan recoery sets can easily give you 4 mobility without throwing your Resilience and Recovery in the garbage. Then have a few points of freebie Mobility, along with saying "gently caress it, +2 mobility instead of Recovery" for the helmet and legs. I've got two Resilience mods, and one recovery mod for my Titan (Helmet, legs, Mark) which means I can have either 3/6/7, or 4/6/6.

While I love my Noble Constant (Resilience for Titans) that Ikora now has had no choice but to finally give me the arms for (the occasions I'm not using Synthoceps), I'm actually fond of the Kerak type 2 set as my recovery fashion. Bonus that it feels like the Crucible chest pairs well with the rest of Kerak. I only like the chest and butt cape for some reason when it comes to the titan crucible gear.

Of course, if you are chasing a mobility set for variety? Try going full NASA with the Titan arcology set.

I either have to accept 3 mobility or go full ham on mobility because 5-6 recovery is wasted stat points you could put into literally anything else. I guess you could do 4/6/4 but why not just go 6/4/4 and accept the need for speed

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The second I heard resilience makes fuckall difference in PVE I've been hunting for mobility armor on everything lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Control Volume posted:

resilience makes fuckall difference in PVE

Oh? How so?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

explosivo posted:

Oh? How so?

Someone did some testing by suiciding into a thrall, and the difference between 3 resilience and 10 resilience is that a thrall goes from killing you in 13 hits to 14 hits.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Control Volume posted:

The second I heard resilience makes fuckall difference in PVE I've been hunting for mobility armor on everything lol
Yeah I'm fully aware of this apparent annoyance, but I just really like the "You got your tutorial armor back!" for Titans, and the Arcology set for Warlocks despite that :v:

It also just bugs me to have either my recovery or resilience worse than 5 whatever spreadsheets say. Though I'm fairly sure everybody agrees that 2 recovery before purple mods is garbage.

I mean, Jesus. Before mods, even if I set all four toggles to mobility my Warlock wearing Resilience armor is still 4/5/4. A Titan resilience set can have up to 5 Recovery before mods.

Hunter resilience sets without mods? Oh, you get 0-2 Recovery. Holy poo poo, mother loving ZERO, but at least you'll have 8 mobility to go with 5 resilience in that case, right?

Section Z fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 18, 2017

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
You want 4 resilience to avoid getting 4 shot by Scout Rifles and after that go ham.

6 Resilience moves 140rpm HCs from 2 crits/2 body shots to 3 crits/1 body shot to kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
So to summarize, all stats are garbage that do nothing?

• Locked thread