Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

RoyalScion posted:

While we're doing frame giveaways, I have a full Mirage Prime set to give away.

PC goons only, unfortunately.

Just quote this and put in your:

SA name
Warframe name
MR

I'll pick a winner tomorrow around 5pm PST.

Thanks and good luck.

SA: WebDO
Warframe: DisasterMedic
MR: 23

WebDO fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Dec 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
The main problem I have with the Impact damage changes is they specifically called out the Vulkar as something that will be causing lots of ragdolls.

As much fun as that’d probably be the first few times, that sorta poo poo is what I build the Sonicor to do instead, and when I bring my Wraith out to Sorties I want to be getting consecutive headshots, not causing enemies to go cartwheeling into walls or just be generally stumbling about all over the place.

Lekon
Nov 6, 2012

RoyalScion posted:

Thanks and good luck.

Lekon,
Lekon,
19!

Thanks by the way!

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

RoyalScion posted:

Thanks and good luck.

Kokoro Wish
KokoroWish

Good luck everyone.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

RoyalScion posted:

SA name
Warframe name
MR

Thanks and good luck.

SA name: Broose
Warframe Name: VCRenthusiast
MR: 24

Although I feel kinda dirty putting my name in even though I'm MR 24 already, but I've become incredibly lazy about relics.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

According to the app, Limbo is ready for me to claim next time I log in. If that 'frame doesn't bend backwards and shimmy when I press the crouch button, I'm going to be really, really disappointed.

sepia
Apr 15, 2005
bleach then tone

Pipski posted:

According to the app, Limbo is ready for me to claim next time I log in. If that 'frame doesn't bend backwards and shimmy when I press the crouch button, I'm going to be really, really disappointed.

Limbo is usually the most disappointing for the other three tenno

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Provided you're not a poo poo-bird that uses max duration Stasis non-stop you'll be fine, and people can get around Stasis with melee attacks anyway now. Rift Surge with the Rift Torrent Augment is a great support maneuver for everyone though. Wise use will make you a good contributor.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Dec 19, 2017

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

RoyalScion posted:

SA name
Warframe name
MR

Thanks and good luck.

SA name Zoig
Warframe name Zoig
MR 20

Good luck to all of ya.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

RoyalScion posted:

SA name
Warframe name
MR

SA ReWinter
IGN rewinter
MR 9

Thanks for this, and thanks to many others too - still can't believe how good the goon community is here!

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Welp!

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/943106352729198592

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
lol at the wine gif

but DE gives in to oforums crying too much, it's setting a bad precedent

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

RoyalScion posted:

SA name
Warframe name
MR

Thanks and good luck.

SA: Wyld Karde
Ingame: Wyld_Karde
MR 17

G'luck everyone, and I appreciate your generosity for doing this, RoyalScion.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

On the same subject:

https://twitter.com/rebbford/status/943113272689152000

We still get the new Orbiter lounge, fish tanks, diorama action figures, a few new guns, and Ghouls this month. Apparently the Acolytes are coming back in December too. All the rest is being pushed back to early 18.

Coldbird fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Dec 19, 2017

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

What about login reward system rework?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Soothing Vapors posted:

lol at the wine gif

but DE gives in to oforums crying too much, it's setting a bad precedent

There was plenty of whining going on here about the proc changes as well.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
What are the chances that the acolytes come back during the holiday weekend when everyone's gone

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

I'm a little disappointed that it's not going in as it is over Christmas. Hopefully they don't change it before it's implemented, I want to see how it works in practice.

e:

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

What are the chances that the acolytes come back during the holiday weekend when everyone's gone

They said today that acolytes are 2017 so...

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Infected posted:

There was plenty of whining going on here about the proc changes as well.

Nah most of that was pretty reasonable discussion, tbqh

This is whining:

Hayabusa2461 posted:

The end of warframe has begun :( thx DE u rly overdid it this time :/

Test_the_Gods posted:

Cant sleep thinking bout this. If this goes through it would be bungie levels of bad.

-CG-2lstgun posted:

Damage 2.5 is going to ruin all the hard work DE put into Plains of Eidolon by driving all the newer players away. Not to mention the veterans like me. Might be taking a break along with the few thousand others if the update doesn't change.

Vaporox posted:

Disappointing. Was hoping DE was finally learning how to properly bring in new additions to the game with all these new weapons and this wave of really solid frames, then they randomly smack one of those new frames and its fans in the face, and then this. One step forward, two backward.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

This is whining:

Number 3 is my favourite. Ironically the thing most likely to drive away new players brought in by the plains update was the plains.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

Avulsion posted:

Seeing goons begging for slots and potatoes breaks my shrivelled black heart, chasing after paltry material goods in not in keeping with the true spirit of Tennobaum. What truly matters, is looking fabulous.

:siren: Tornavul's Discount FashionFrame Give-away. :siren:

5 Lucky Goons will each receive 200 platinum worth of cosmetics.

Only members of the PC Goon clan are eligible to enter.

To enter, simply quote this post and list 200 plat worth of shiny things along with your in game name. Show your math for full credit.

Cosmetics include Armor pieces and sets, Syandanas, custom skins, color palettes, warframe animations, ship decorations, glyphs and a wide variety of things which have no practical use but look cool.
Items must be purchasable and giftable for plat from the in game market.

Contest ends 24 hours from the time of this post, and 5 winners will be randomly selected at that time.

Name: RossCoBrit

Glorious fancy dress: Broca Syndana (90), Daedalus Armor Bundle (100)

TyTy!

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

randombattle posted:

Who cares about making enemies do 75% less damage when they could do 100% less from being dead...

That's my typical opinion about all status effects (other than blast for cc purposes). In some ways, the whole obsession is just an artifact of the artificial test used to 'measure' effectiveness (i.e., level 150 enemies in the simulacrum). Put differently, if it's taking 6 seconds to kill a single mob in a real mission, you probably should extract soon.
:colbert:

Lekon
Nov 6, 2012
Just got some lovely gifts from Vayan. Thanks friend! My Lander is now nicely nogglefied.

Also, from clan chat earlier:

Lekon: Dearest Clannies. I happen to have a spare Nikana prime blade now. Who needs a blade to finish their weapon?
RonPopeil: how many times was it folded?
Lekon: Tennor so times.

And thus there were many face palms and groans.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Sazabi posted:

Ok. I think that's enough plat spent. Happy Christmas.

Also on a side note are any of our talented artists (fish noise comes to mind)feel like drawing a trump inspired Warframe. Not necessarily a Warframe the suit but something along the games aesthetic. So trump-corpus, trump-grineer, trump-prime. Much obliged.

Gotta say, poorly pasting trumps face onto the ballas concept art feels appropriate. Or any corpus boss. Or lephantis, so many options!

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

And Tyler Too! posted:

DO YOU LIKE TENTACLES!? DO YOU LIKE TENTACLES THAT SQUEEZE MOBS SO HARD THEY DROP EXTRA LOOT?!

:siren: I'm giving away a full Hydroid Prime set! :siren:

Here are the rules:

1. Post your in-game name
2. Post your mastery rank
3. MSPaint something warframe-related. Using a tablet is cheating, mouse-only!

Prizes!

Winner: Hydroid Prime + Pilfering Swarm + Exilus Adapter + Blue potato!
Consolation prize (up to 3 people): 2 potatoes of your choice! Or, if chosen, you can pass on the winnings to an entry you enjoyed!

You have 24 hours, the clock is ticking!

1. themostfrench
2. rank 20
3. I always feel bad when I hear this transmission...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UQUyOBZZoM

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

Nah most of that was pretty reasonable discussion, tbqh

This is whining:

What's the change they're so angry about?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

And Tyler Too! posted:

DO YOU LIKE TENTACLES!? DO YOU LIKE TENTACLES THAT SQUEEZE MOBS SO HARD THEY DROP EXTRA LOOT?!

Here are the rules:

Prizes!

Consolation prize (up to 3 people): 2 potatoes of your choice! Or, if chosen, you can pass on the winnings to an entry you enjoyed!

in game name : Aleksendr
Mastery rank : 12
Mspaint something warframe related : Here is why i became a web programmer, not a web designer.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

RoyalScion posted:

SA name
Warframe name
MR

Thanks and good luck.

S.J.
S.J.01
MR 15 (though it might be 16 by the time this happens)
Thanks dude!

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Sazabi posted:

Ok. I think that's enough plat spent. Happy Christmas.

Also on a side note are any of our talented artists (fish noise comes to mind)feel like drawing a trump inspired Warframe. Not necessarily a Warframe the suit but something along the games aesthetic. So trump-corpus, trump-grineer, trump-prime. Much obliged.

Thanks for the forma! And for funny weird messages along with them.
Happy new Christmas!

Although, what the heck is your AV?

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

And Tyler Too! posted:

Here are the rules:

Prizes!

Okay I flat-out love this idea!

IGN: Cybercooties
MR: 6

MS Paint Masterpiece title: Every Warframe Loading Screen Ever

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

CODChimera posted:

What's the change they're so angry about?

Upcoming revision of Physical (impact, slash,puncture) damage effects that are necessary for the new frame #1 ability to be worth a dam.

Slash proc get a nerf (the damage will be based on the slash component of the weapon damage, not total damage like now,) while impact and pucture get buffed, but the popular opinion is that impact and puncture proc are useless, the only desirable effect for jaded farmers being "kill thing quick"

Myself i prefer to hold my opinion untill i see the final proposition in game. I must however agree that that staggering mobs with impact is effectively a 100% damage reduction (they cant shoot while they ragdoll) making puncture damage reduction effect kind of redundant.

If this change lead to less mobs having invulnerability frames or invulnerable arcs while advancing the Tenno Space program with other weapon than sonicor i'm maybe for it. I know its fun to chew trough LV150 corrupted bombards in one Tigris Prime shot but thats not a real indicator of a good system.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 19, 2017

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Don't care about any of those changes all I want them to do is unvault Loki P.

I must have my Golden rear end in a top hat Frame

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

aleksendr posted:

Upcoming revision of Physical (impact, slash,puncture) damage effects that are necessary for the new frame #1 ability to be worth a dam.

Slash proc get a nerf (the damage will be based on the slash component of the weapon damage, not total damage like now,) while impact and pucture get buffed, but the popular opinion is that impact and puncture proc are useless, the only desirable effect for jaded farmers being "kill thing quick"

Myself i prefer to hold my opinion untill i see the final proposition in game. I must however agree that that staggering mobs with impact is effectively a 100% damage reduction (they cant shoot while they ragdoll) making puncture damage reduction effect kind of redundant.

If this change lead to less mobs having invulnerability frames or invulnerable arcs while advancing the Tenno Space program with other weapon than sonicor i'm maybe for it. I know its fun to chew trough LV150 corrupted bombards in one Tigris Prime shot but thats not a real indicator of a good system.

One of the main criticisms of the new system is that it doesn't actually do anything about the insane slash proc weapons. Anything heavily slash-based will be the same as it was before. It's everything else that loses out with the nerfed slash proc.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I don't know what a proc is and damage types confuse me but I got my whacking stick to have glowy ends by putting blast damage on it somehow so that's cool

How do I change the color of the exterior of my ship?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

lol

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Montalvo posted:

I don't know what a proc is and damage types confuse me but I got my whacking stick to have glowy ends by putting blast damage on it somehow so that's cool

How do I change the color of the exterior of my ship?

Open the menu, select “Equipment”, and at the bottom is something like “select landing craft”. From there you can customise the outside and the inside too.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Thanks!

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
:frogsiren: 150 plat worth of market items to the first goon to answer all of the following questions correctly :frogsiren:

1) In Atma's The Adventures of Satan, you find three souls crucified in a chamber. Who is on the left?

2) Also from Atma's The Adventures of Satan, a man with a podium full of doritos mistakes Beelz for another individual. Which individual?

3) Lastly, in Atma's Endtimes.exe, you consume a deity in a room with a pool. With whom do you share the spoils?

Quote this post with your SA name, IGN, the answers, and the requested items. Best of luck!
:gifttank: DISTRIBUTION IN PROGRESS

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Dec 19, 2017

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

the answer to all 3 questions is Hillary Rodham Clinton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

zgrowler2 posted:

:frogsiren: 150 plat worth of market items to the first goon to answer all of the following questions correctly :frogsiren:

1) In Atma's The Adventures of Satan, you find three souls crucified in a chamber. Who is on the left?

2) Also from Atma's The Adventures of Satan, a man with a podium full of doritos mistakes Beelz for another individual. Which individual?

3) Lastly, in Atma's Endtimes.exe, you consume a deity in a room with a pool. With whom do you share the spoils?

Quote this post with your SA name, IGN, the answers, and the requested items. Best of luck! :gifttank:

ok 1.) hitler 2.) st. peter 3.) gay black hitler

Soothing Vapors/Charenton/As many forma bundles as 150 plat will get me, math wasn't part of the deal