Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

raise a glass for R3-A3 :sadwave: you fought bravely and I almost cried seeing you die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Aces High posted:

raise a glass for R3-A3 :sadwave: you fought bravely and I almost cried seeing you die

Chopper lets out a gleeful whoop and swigs a can of oil

I wonder if he and R2 have a bet going on to see who can kill more Imperials - unfortunately, the destruction of the first Death Star put R2 a couple hundred thousand ahead, much to Chopper's fury, since he held the lead with a good 70,000 or more thanks to all the Light Cruisers and Star Destroyers he had a hand in destroying...

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Vinylshadow posted:

Chopper lets out a gleeful whoop and swigs a can of oil

I wonder if he and R2 have a bet going on to see who can kill more Imperials - unfortunately, the destruction of the first Death Star put R2 a couple hundred thousand ahead, much to Chopper's fury, since he held the lead with a good 70,000 or more thanks to all the Light Cruisers and Star Destroyers he had a hand in destroying...

R2 didn't do poo poo except get shot, Luke did all the work. Chopper is still totally ahead by a few thousand.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

MrJacobs posted:

R2 didn't do poo poo except get shot, Luke did all the work. Chopper is still totally ahead by a few thousand.

Chop was involved in the clone wars also, so he probably has a shitload of battle droids to his name.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Sammus posted:

Chop was involved in the clone wars also, so he probably has a shitload of battle droids to his name.

They established that the astromech can fly (and fight) the ship from back there in the socket, so entirely possible.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Sammus posted:

Yeah but so does R2

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Chop hasn't done anything close to r2 attaching a gundark to a starfighter then launching the starfighter into the side of a starship for history's most over the top dumb animal kill

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Moving past the EA shitness momentarily, the protagonist in the Battlefront 2 storyline mode uses a successor model (ID10) of tactical droid to the ones the Seventh Sister used (ID9), and they not only canonized the Imperial Raider, but also a Rebel refit of the Raider pressed into post-Endor service with the TIE wings removed and more rocket engines on the back instead, which is pretty cool.

I'm too unemployed to own the game, so I'm watching a playthrough of the storyline on youtube on a Friday night because my life is not in any way incredibly depressing.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
There are an absurd number of tiny references to other star wars things in passing, it's done to a fault.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Hera's pistol is one of the Officer class guns. It's also terrible and has zero range.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Why did the X-wings make the Ghost PCHOO PCHOO turret noise instead of the classic WAT WAT WAT noise we all know and love?

Someone get Pablo Hildago an account here.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

IronSaber posted:

Why did the X-wings make the Ghost PCHOO PCHOO turret noise instead of the classic WAT WAT WAT noise we all know and love?

Someone get Pablo Hildago an account here.

The same reason the first BF2 gave the AT-Ats green bolts from their main guns, I guess.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

At least the engines sounded good.

The TIE laser effect is a bit lacking too, they never have the TschTschTschTschTsch after effect when they finish firing (I've always imagined it as heat venting or something)

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

All 4 xwing cannonsshooting at once was odd

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

banned from Starbucks posted:

All 4 xwing cannonsshooting at once was odd

They could be set like that in the old flight sims. 1 laser, 2 alternating, or all 4 at once if you were feeling froggy about one-shotting a TIE fighter.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Icon Of Sin posted:

They could be set like that in the old flight sims. 1 laser, 2 alternating, or all 4 at once if you were feeling froggy about one-shotting a TIE fighter.

You see an X-wing switch from one-at-a-time to all-at-once during ANH, too.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Vintersorg posted:

What a loving great episode - I wish they were longer! :(

This one was jam packed with good stuff, it felt longer than it's runtime.

The hiatus is over when now ?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

mllaneza posted:

This one was jam packed with good stuff, it felt longer than it's runtime.

The hiatus is over when now ?

Some time in January, I believe

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Apparently, from what I understand, there has been some theorycrafting and rumor mongering going on that says the latter half of the Rebels season will tie in to The Last Jedi somehow. There were some clues from the Battlefront 2 campaign that led to this.

Something about a Compass that Luke finds?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

IronSaber posted:

Apparently, from what I understand, there has been some theorycrafting and rumor mongering going on that says the latter half of the Rebels season will tie in to The Last Jedi somehow. There were some clues from the Battlefront 2 campaign that led to this.

Ezra is Snoke, obviously

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

IronSaber posted:

Luke breaks into a private "Observatory" belonging to Sidious that can only be opened with the force, like the holocron vault on Malachor, on a planet called Pillio, and discovers a force sensitive compass that probably calls out to him, so he takes it. People are speculating that's what he uses to find Ahch-To. I don't see Rebels having anything to do with that, but Sidious established these "observatories" all over the galaxy, looking outwards beyond the rim, mostly housing some dark force nasty stuff, and each with a different purpose, ie the lost one on Jakku having something to do with his "I'm dead, burn the loving lot" plan that is the core of the Battlefront 2 plot. So, remembering that the Loth wolf in the cave faded through a wall which had a picture on it that looked an awful lot like the Lothal Jedi Temple with a big crack running through it, and the Empire is doing worse than just a fighter factory on Lothal, my theory is the Emperor has established an observatory on Lothal in the ruins of the old temple

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 27, 2017

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea I really don't think BF2 will have anything to do with the rest of the Rebels season. Though there's a neat moment where an Imperial defector that Han has rescued when seeing one of those Imperial Cruisers says "you don't see those that much anymore" as a nod to you seeing them on Rebels all the time but never in the films

The SP is good, i just it was longer.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I'll forever be disappointed that we didn't get different seasons focusing on different Rebel cells and a different villain for each of them

Ezra and Kanan vs Inquisitors (S1)
Ahsoka vs Vader (S2)
Hera vs Thrawn (S3)
Obi-Wan and Luke vs Maul (S4)
Finale (S5)
Lost Episodes (S6)

And throughout all of them, we'd get little episodes where we see the Rebels picking up different ships (A, Y, B, X, U-Wings, for example) and gathering intel on a mysterious new weapon the Empire is building

All while the Empire is closing its fist around the Rebellion and it takes all the cells coming together to not get snuffed out, but they still suffer massive casualties in their escape

And that is why I'm not a showrunner/writer for Star Wars

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Yea I really don't think BF2 will have anything to do with the rest of the Rebels season. Though there's a neat moment where an Imperial defector that Han has rescued when seeing one of those Imperial Cruisers says "you don't see those that much anymore" as a nod to you seeing them on Rebels all the time but never in the films

The SP is good, i just it was longer.

That same level also contains a pretty great reference to the lasat. :)

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

"Oh right, the rare purple Wookiee"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Narcissus1916 posted:

That same level also contains a pretty great reference to the lasat. :)

I didn't get that until I watched the Star Wars Explained guy's easter eggs for the SP video. I really recommend that channel, he's a very enthusiastic fan but he's not blinded and will say stuff isn't good when it isn't good.

https://www.youtube.com/user/starwarsminute

Spoilers for BF2 I like how Iden's rebel outfit is basically Hera's, but that's more because both are wearing standard rebel flight suits than a referance. Man, how cool would it be to get Rebels dlc for Battlefront 2?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I don't know about it tying into Rebels but the compass Luke finds in BF2 is an accessory for a Last Jedi Luke figure so it's probably something important.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I still can't get over how dull the combat in the show feels, especially the space battles.im probably alone on this but the ships look and move like they're flying through molasses. It's like they wanted to match the filming style of the original trilogy's space scenes, but they lack any of the unique camera work or blurring effects to properly simulate speed. TCW definitely has them beat in that regard, where starfighter combat was extremely fast and fluid. I know excuses can be made for Rebels lower budget and obsession with emulating the older films, but a lone has to be drawn somewhere and just chalk up faults to poor direction.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

im probably alone on this

Yep!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I love firing up random episodes of TCW because it's that kind of series where continuity isn't a massive issue and enjoying the various space and ground fights (Umbara is easily my favorite to rewatch)
Heck, they even managed to redeem the gungans to a small degree and the Jar-Jar/Mace Windu episodes in Season 6 were enjoyable

I commend Rebels for being more focused on an individual group of characters and it's a fine series, but it lacks the scale and scope that TCW had

Also went back and watched the TCW movie and...hoo boy, does it look ridiculously unpolished in places - feels like I'm watching an unfinished demo reel like the Bad Batch and Crystal Crisis episodes

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The quality jump between season one and 2 of TCW is immense, but I'd still give preference to season 1 for how creative it was with its episodes.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
https://twitter.com/HeatherAntos/status/943182303852990464

The Aphra comic is set between IV and V, so looks like Hera survives Rogue One.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Captain_Person posted:

Wasn’t there an animated short earlier this year that showed Hera around the time of Endor?

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

poo poo, I think you're right. I never got around to watching those.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Captain_Person posted:

This reminds me how my most pie in the sky hope for Episode 9 is adult Sabine leading a Mandolorian Resistance force. She could be played my Ming-Na.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I really enjoyed the Aphra comic so this is pretty neat to see a team up like that.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

hmmm Aphra and Hera is handcuffed, that might be interesting.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Galaga Galaxian posted:

hmmm Aphra and Hera is handcuffed, that might be interesting.

Interesting or interesting:quagmire:?

It is too bad the show is ending this season, Aphra would fit perfectly into the show. Chopper interacting with her droids would be great too.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Chopper interacting with her droids would be great too.

I need this ASAP. Who's deadlier - Chopper or BeeTee?

Obviously it's Chopper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Captain_Person posted:

I need this ASAP. Who's deadlier - Chopper or BeeTee?

Obviously it's Chopper

Always bet on Chop.

• Locked thread