Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Acolytes gone, did manage to get one mod though. +armour with some channeling negative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

These acolyte events go by faster each time.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

CODChimera posted:

Acolytes gone, did manage to get one mod though. +armour with some channeling negative.

From the sounds of it it was a bug, they're going to be around longer tomorrow.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

uh, wait, what? usually acolytes last longer than a couple hours.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

CODChimera posted:

Woah new tab, Acolytes.

Oh awesome, this is my only free night for the next two weeks so that's perfect, I know what I'm doing when I get ho--

CODChimera posted:

Acolytes gone

Well, gently caress :v:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Johnny Joestar posted:

uh, wait, what? usually acolytes last longer than a couple hours.

They brought them out by mistake.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

They put acolytes out, no notice, on a weekday afternoon? That seems evil. I knew Canada was evil. Even if it was a teaser.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Oh a new event with unique and overpowered rewards started? That's great, I'm hundreds of miles away from my computer. :gonk:

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Dely Apple posted:

They put acolytes out, no notice, on a weekday afternoon? That seems evil. I knew Canada was evil. Even if it was a teaser.

Well, looks like they were going to drop tomorrow with no notice since that's when it's happening. Lucky they slipped up and we got some warning.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/943610026559721473

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Avulsion posted:

Oh a new event with unique and overpowered rewards started? That's great, I'm hundreds of miles away from my computer. :gonk:

What are the overpowered rewards to be on the lookout for? Those increased crit mods look cool.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

CODChimera posted:

What are the overpowered rewards to be on the lookout for? Those increased crit mods look cool.

Argon Scope and Maiming Strike go for hundreds of plat if you wait a couple months for the Acolytes to have been away.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Oh my gosh, Veryhighcholesterol HUGE thanks for the Hydroid prime and mod! Getting that bad boy set up now!

Also another big thanks to Charenton for the gifts and the lovely Futurama fanfiction :D

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Maybe....maybe this time I'll get a Maiming Strike to drop. :shepicide:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

What's an acolyte

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Babby Stalkers.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

S.J. posted:

What's an acolyte

A miserable pile of Stalkers

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Infected posted:

Babby Stalkers.

yeah, basically this. they'll be popping up in missions and will drop a variety of ACTUALLY PRETTY USEFUL MODS

seriously, once they're fully active then you want to farm what you can. acolyte events don't happen a lot.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

sick

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Night10194 posted:

Argon Scope and Maiming Strike go for hundreds of plat if you wait a couple months for the Acolytes to have been away.

Ooooh yeah those look good.

Seems like a weird time for them to be released, around xmas and all.

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer
How do you get these Acolytes to spawn?

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Remind me: Can Necros pry more mods out of these nerds? Ivara? Hydroid? Smeeta Kavat? ...Atlas?

imatree posted:

How do you get these Acolytes to spawn?

you wait for other people to find the mission tile they're on, then run through every room in the mission until they show up.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Giveaways are fun. Fashion frame is fun. Here's another fashion frame giveaway! Just tell me:

Your in game name
Your rank
What you want of fashion gear up to 200 plat

Five lucky somebodies and I don't care if you've already been gifted because I'm not going to check. All I ask is you post a pretty picture of your dressed up dollies once you get your swag

E: pet gear and operator outfits are fair game, if that's your bag

Scuba Trooper fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Dec 21, 2017

S.J.
May 19, 2008

hup posted:

Giveaways are fun. Fashion frame is fun. Here's another fashion frame giveaway! Just tell me:

Your in game name
Your rank

Five lucky somebodies and I don't care if you've already been gifted because I'm not going to check. All I ask is you post a pretty picture of your dressed up dollies once you get your swag

S.J.01 in game, rank 16
Edo Armor Bundle (100p) + Provvok Shoulder Guard (50p) + Titania Noble Animation Set (50p) = 200p

Thanks man!

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

hup posted:

Your in game name
Your rank

Your in game name: Piell
Your rank: 16
What you want of fashion gear up to 200 plat: Rhino Palatine Skin (165) + Rhino Noggle (35) = 200

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

hup posted:

Your in game name
Your rank

Your in game name :Aleksendr
Your rank :MR 12
What you want of fashion gear up to 200 plat :

Solstice Daedalus Armor Bundle, Sugatra pack, Nikana Gemini sheath.

I swear i'm going to learn how to use captura just for you.

TYarbreaux
Mar 11, 2015

hup posted:

Your in game name
Your rank

Your in game name: TYarbreaux
Your Rank: 5
What you want of fashion gear: Oberon Feyarch Skin (165 Plat) And you can gift the remaining 35 plat to the next person.

Thank you!

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Aleksendr please let me know if the armor doesn't arrive because I have a sinking feeling I misspelled your name

E: last guy gets 35 more plat to play with, so CHOOSE WISELY

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

hup posted:

Your in game name
Your rank

Magres in game, MR 14.

Can I get 235 plat of your favorite items for some frames? My favorite frames are Rhino, Nova (swoon I love Nova), Oberon (GOATDAAAD), Equinox, and Frost.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

hup posted:

Your in game name
Your rank

Name: RossCoBrit
Fashion Most Fabulous: Orokin Palette, Centuria Syandana

TyTy!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

hup posted:

Your in game name
Your rank

!!!!!!!!!
Thank you!

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

hup posted:

Your in game name
Your rank

IGN: veryhighcholesterol
MR: 18
Fashion: surprise me!

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

hup posted:

Your in game name
Your rank

Game Name: Zeibuc
MR: 2
Fashion Gear: Syrinx armor set

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I should've said first five BUT what the hell I'm still gonna honor it for the rest cause it's tennobaum and I've been drinking

Expect yr poo poo tomorrow cause I gotta go watch Elf with my wife right now

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

S.J. posted:

!!!!!!!!!
Thank you!

Exquisite

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Here an excerpt on Zaws from my currently in-progress PoE guide. This part goes over how Zaws work and some recommended builds for more basic Zaws (ie: you just want the mastery and don't want to spend a ton of Ostron rep but still want to make a decent weapon). I'll do another post with my thoughts on perfectly optimized Zaws a bit later.

How Zaws Work

Basically, you can think of a Zaw as an invisible melee weapon that you attach three different modifiers too. These modifiers change it’s stats and what kind of weapon it is. The thing about Zaws is that this theoretical weapon that they are based on is really really good. It has amazing stats across the board. So essentially no matter what you do, you are going to get a decent weapon. This has one big exception: If you stack +damage modifiers, which come at the expense of attack speed, you can end up with something that does a lot of damage but is just so slow that it feel like poo poo to use. Additionally, because of how the melee combo counter works, as well as status in general, attack speed is generally a better stat than damage when it comes to melee weapons.

So there you have the very basics of making Zaws: You can do pretty much whatever, but keep that attack speed up (my rule of thumb is >=1.0 attack speed, with a few exceptions but I’ll get to those). One bit of optimization to note is that the “average” Grips have less base stats than the “damage” or “speed” Grips but cost the same (as opposed to the Links wherein the more extreme ones tend to cost significantly more), so it’s almost always best to go for either the faster or slower Grip rather than the average one (the average Grips are the Laka and the Jayap).

Basic Zaws

Don’t be mislead by my labeling them basic, these are still rock solid weapons. The reason I call them basic is because they are cheap to make and not quite as good as a fully optimized Zaw (which is significantly more expensive). The core mechanic here is in the Link, which are the little dangly bits of shiny metal that purely modify the stats of the weapon. There are a ton of these but we are going to be focusing on four of them: Jai, Jai II, Ruhang, and Ruhang II. These four are the most basic Links in that they only modify the damage and attack speed of your weapon. The other Links also modify Crit and Status chance, but we don’t want that because those Links are expensive and the Crit and Status that we have already is quite solid.

Basically, with these Zaws you are going to have 18% Crit & Status, which is enough to work with any build. So what I would advise is embracing average and focusing on that with your combination of parts as well. All of this with the caveat that I value attack speed over damage (due to stacking mods, the combo counter, and status procs). Again, my general rule of thumb is to always keep attack speed above 1. Anything below that starts to feel pretty sluggish.

Here are some recommended builds to get you started:
  • Balla/Peye/Jai II - Dagger: This is the fastest possible dagger in the game and it blows any non-Zaw dagger out of the water. It makes your finishers faster and gets you more value out of the additive base damage you get from Covert Lethality.
  • Kronsh/Peye/Jai II - Machete: The machete stances both have combos with innate Slash procs, so I value attack speed highly on the Kronsh in order to get more of those combos out, as the Kronsh has fairly poor innate Slash and machete stances are pretty slow.
  • Ooltha/Kroostra/Jai II - Staff: Zaw staves have considerably higher range than any previous staff in the game and this one has the raw damage and speed to back it up. It even has a bit of a Slash priority in it’s IPS stats, meaning that a more status focused build could work well.
  • Dehtat/Peye/Ruhang II - Rapier: This rapier breaks my rule of going below 1.0 attack speed but rapiers have fast enough attack speed that I feel it is worth it for the MONSTROUS damage. 0.950 is close enough anyways and you will get some beastly Slash procs out of Vulpine Mask.
  • Cyath/Kroostra/Jai II - Polearm: Here is a roomsweeper to compete with the Atterax. The Zaw polearms have hefty range (tied with Guandao and Orthos P) and the Cyath has a huge Slash emphasis on it’s IPS stats. While the secondary stats are worse than the Atterax, it has more than DOUBLE the base damage and more attack speed to boot!
  • Mewan/Peye/Jai - Sword: This sword has a bit less base damage than the Broken War but the secondary stats blow the Broken War out of the water and it’s even slightly faster. It’s got worse secondary stats than the Krohkur but WAY more attack speed and a bit higher base damage. So this “basic” Zaw is better than the two previously best swords in the game, which shows the power of Zaws.

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Dec 21, 2017

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Holy balls, thanks!! I tried to match it to my suit for Max Fresh

TYarbreaux
Mar 11, 2015

hup posted:

Your in game name
Your rank

Thank you again! I need to pick up some better color palettes, but this is great!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

TYarbreaux posted:

Thank you again! I need to pick up some better color palettes, but this is great!

Whatever you can say about him, Oberon *looks* goddamn great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

hup posted:

Your in game name
Your rank

Edit: Awww, whoops. Still, good on all the goons doing these give-aways! Looking good, folks.