Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Update just dropped. Contains Ghouls in the plains. I thought this was just gonna be an acolyte event?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is play on sale today?

Also is this a good deal: http://store.steampowered.com/app/670743/Warframe_Stealth_Drift_Pinnacle_Pack/

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
They are still on the docket for today, Acolytes are a switch that gets turned on DE-side, not something we necessary have to download.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Mega Comrade posted:

Update just dropped. Contains Ghouls in the plains. I thought this was just gonna be an acolyte event?

they specifically noted that they were going to push back the damage stuff (and khora as well), not the rest which was already put together

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Personally? No. The Mod parts are worthless and its a small amount of credits and plat for $50. The exilus stuff is worth only 60 plat. It's better than buying plat without a discount I think, but it is still pretty terrible.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Did what I should have done a while ago and signed up for the clan.
Just in time to put research into the new stuff.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I look forward to getting nothing of value from the acolytes.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
Any tips for first time Acolyte hunter ? Aside from hoping the guy who drop maiming strike or Argon scope survive more than the 10h i'm at work...

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Acolyte event supposed to be tonight, then?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Decided to rush the lander segment. Nothing weird happened or anything!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Quartakk is less a bullet hose and more 'some mad genius strapped 4 latrons together'

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

S.J. posted:

Acolyte event supposed to be tonight, then?

Yes its already started

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Best update 2017. New shotgun, decorations, and PET BEDS!

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Dec 21, 2017

TYarbreaux
Mar 11, 2015

This one seems to be a not so good deal, however, if you look at the $9.99 version, you get 300 plat with it, which just for the plat alone is a very good deal (considering you'd pay nearly twice that in the Warframe store) - the mods, skin, and exilus adapter are just icing on the cake at that point. I picked it up last time it was half off.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Angst has a serious Ice T obsession because all Angst drops is Body Count albums. :argh:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Echophonic posted:

Decided to rush the lander segment. Nothing weird happened or anything!

You lied to me.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The big new shotgun looks pretty cool, but I still don't understand why DE thinks it's a good idea to make weapons with one fire mode that's crit-focused and another status-focused.
Players only get one set of mods, so you're just forcing them to choose one mode to build for while abandoning the other. Euphona Prime, Fusilai, and now Corinth all do it.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The big new shotgun looks pretty cool, but I still don't understand why DE thinks it's a good idea to make weapons with one fire mode that's crit-focused and another status-focused.
Players only get one set of mods, so you're just forcing them to choose one mode to build for while abandoning the other. Euphona Prime, Fusilai, and now Corinth all do it.

Yeah it's an annoying trend. You can't even hybrid build them because then you just have two gimped modes.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Rainuwastaken posted:

You lied to me.

What happened?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Avulsion posted:

What happened?

Nothing happened. Everything is fine.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Avulsion posted:

What happened?

There's a cutscene you can view in there if you've completed Chains of Harrow. It's a lead-up to the next plotquest I assume (so not Khora).

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

TYarbreaux posted:

This one seems to be a not so good deal, however, if you look at the $9.99 version, you get 300 plat with it, which just for the plat alone is a very good deal (considering you'd pay nearly twice that in the Warframe store) - the mods, skin, and exilus adapter are just icing on the cake at that point. I picked it up last time it was half off.

Both the $50 and the $10 steam packs are the same for plat, :tenbux: for 300 plat (weirdly, the $20 and $30 packs are worse deals). However, if you think you might spend more on Warframe, the $80 Prime Access pack gets you 2625 plat (:tenbux: for 330 plat) and the newest primes.

Also, goddamnit, why did they have to push a 500Mb update during the Acolyte event? For some reason that's never been resolved, I pull 10-20Kb/s max on my downloads from DE, so it's going to take the whole event just to update.

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop
Now I've reached Uranus, I'm really struggling with melee. What damage types do I need to be prioritising to cope with the insane armour on some of these dudes? I guess puncture -- but I don't have any mods that add puncture to all these hammers and sticks.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Flopstick posted:

Now I've reached Uranus, I'm really struggling with melee. What damage types do I need to be prioritising to cope with the insane armour on some of these dudes? I guess puncture -- but I don't have any mods that add puncture to all these hammers and sticks.

Mod for Corrosive. Elemental mods are a bigger part of your damage than the base physical stats anyways, so puncture or not doesn't matter too much.
Also look into getting either Blood Rush or Condition Overload, which are the lategame OP hugedamage melee mods for crit and status weapons respectively. You'll probably have to trade for them, although CO technically drops from some enemy on uranus at an extremely low rate.

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop
Cool, ta. I've got one mod that strips an additional +6 armour per hit, after fusion. That isn't a very big number though -- is it even worth bothering with? I dunno how much is a lot when it comes to armour, but I'm guessing it's well into three figures.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Flopstick posted:

Cool, ta. I've got one mod that strips an additional +6 armour per hit, after fusion. That isn't a very big number though -- is it even worth bothering with? I dunno how much is a lot when it comes to armour, but I'm guessing it's well into three figures.

In an ideal situation you're killing enemies in maybe 1-5 hits, so that mod won't make a difference at all. If you are fighting stuff that you have to constantly whack for a solid 10+ seconds to kill, then yeah I suppose it'll speed things up, but you'd be better off on trying to boost your damage up to usable levels.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Echophonic posted:

Nothing happened. Everything is fine.

Ballas is going to DIE. He stole Spacemom.

At Christmas.

Tenno ain't gonna take that lying down.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Kenlon posted:

Ballas is going to DIE. He stole Spacemom.

At Christmas.

Tenno ain't gonna take that lying down.

Space Mom and Blue Dad got back together. :3:

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

In an ideal situation you're killing enemies in maybe 1-5 hits, so that mod won't make a difference at all. If you are fighting stuff that you have to constantly whack for a solid 10+ seconds to kill, then yeah I suppose it'll speed things up, but you'd be better off on trying to boost your damage up to usable levels.

Cool, that's what I figured. Thanks!

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer
How long does this acolyte thing last? I get the feeling if I log in two hours from now, I will have missed out on some great mods...

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

imatree posted:

How long does this acolyte thing last? I get the feeling if I log in two hours from now, I will have missed out on some great mods...

No event is that short. Bare minimum you have a couple days and based on the previous events its a full week.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Echophonic posted:

Best update 2017. New shotgun, decorations, and PET BEDS!

These are the best. :3:

Oh no...

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 21, 2017

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Flopstick posted:

Uranus was a big "mod check" for me too. I managed to get past it with help, Soma Prime, Hek and multishoot mods. For melee i used a Jat Kittag with a few formas and 4 elementals

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

I've got Boltace, Brakk, Dread, Latron and Torid rivens if anyone is particularly fond of any of those weapons. I'm not posting images since none of them are anywhere close to usable as they are.

e: and now an Orvius one too.

Quirkk fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 22, 2017

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Lemon King posted:

These are the best. :3:

Oh no...

I bought a Cephalon one, but my puppy hasn't played with it yet.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
No Infestation decos or toys to buy for my room. Such disappoint.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

You guys are fast, I haven't even gotten an Argon yet.

This acolyte event is slow and weird.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Flopstick posted:

Do you have Corrosive Projection? It'll take the edge off their armor and help increase your damage. That said, against Grineer you want to mod for Corrosive or Radiation. Corrosive is strong against all of them and strips even more armor, while Radiation does more damage to the big guys like Bombards and Heavy Gunners, and opens them up to friendly fire.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Avulsion posted:

What happened?

You should not watch this spoilery spoilery video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPkWdxJK_MY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Cool, spears go through murkrays. Good luck trying to catch them, it's not like you need their livers for literally everything in cetus.