Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

next time: Part 3: The First Necromancer

Looking forward to part 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Beamed posted:

Exactly my point! Complaining about new optional features.

People who have played the tabletop - is there a reason TK was never as popular as other factions?

Tomb Kings were garbage rules wise for a long time and only became barely mediocre with 8th Ed and if you didn't have super undercosted OP poo poo, your faction didn't sell poo poo unless it was some super popular faction to start with like Orcs

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Are you on an SSD? It takes like 30 seconds at the absolute most for me.

Yeah, it is an older 850, but it is still an SSD.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I'm about to blaze and give Boyz will be Boyz a spin, if any discernment makes it through the haze I'll post some thoughts itt
in the meantime it feels like a while since we had some flippin' rad screenshots, so here's one

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

JBP posted:

No Norsca for some time. They're more difficult to implement than expected due to the changes to the core game in 2 apparently.

The vortex campaign is ok and I played through skaven and linzers before ME. Mortal Empires is great but there are a few things that grind on me like long turn times and some issues with old Norse factions being dickheads and vast tracts of vampires in the south which will be fixed soon.

How soon is soon?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Fuligin posted:

I'm about to blaze and give Boyz will be Boyz a spin, if any discernment makes it through the haze I'll post some thoughts itt
in the meantime it feels like a while since we had some flippin' rad screenshots, so here's one

pictured: a man with an EXTREMELY unrealistic assessment of his odds of victory

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Gridlocked posted:

How soon is soon?

January 23rd soon:

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Gridlocked posted:

How soon is soon?

the vampires are being replaced by significantly more interesting mummies at some point in january

Norsca is getting replaced at an unknown point; it's not really an issue unless you decide to play as Malekith or Tyrion, in which case treat yourself to a cut-norsca's-income-in-half mod and do not look back.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Ooooh they're using vamps as a place holder for kehmri? Eeew.

Don have have proper templehof vampd yet at least?

Pls ogre kingdoms soon.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I don't know if anyone else missed this but importing Attila models to warhams?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i wanna see legionaries fight a goddamn dragon

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Is Morathi's start supposed to be insanely difficult?

I've started as her twice, and both times every Elf nation has successively declared war on me and taken turns sending full stacks from Ulthuan every few turns starting around Turn 30. I'm having trouble expanding because I constantly have to have my armies near my settlements because they sail straight for any that are undefended.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Gridlocked posted:

Ooooh they're using vamps as a place holder for kehmri? Eeew.

Don have have proper templehof vampd yet at least?

Pls ogre kingdoms soon.

fortunately if you play as anyone who is not King Of T-Rexes or The Rat Who's Not A Wizard that segment of the map is largely irrelevant

the fully fleshed out theatres of operation are Welcome To The Jungle, We Got Fun And Games, The Dread Wastes Of NotCanada, and Elf Central. i am even a huge fan of the old-norsca threat to The Dread Wastes Of NotCanada, because it gives someone playing Malekith a wonderful lovely choice: either destroy the biggest threat to dark elfkind, those assholes to the north, or focus on the much more lucrative territories you could get by loving over your dark elf rivals.

you will select option 2, and you will pay for it long term.

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Nash posted:

Playing Wood Elves in the ME campaign. I was pleasantly surprised to find Lothern was an actual city I could build like my cities in Athel Loren. Are there any other cities I should try to snag that are either full settlements or have great unique buildings?

In ME, Wood Elves get to build real cities on everyone else's capitols.

In Vortex, Wood Elves have different levels of cities they can build on "High Elf Colonies," Lothern, and other places. This actually seems pretty interesting and fun but doesn't matter because Oreon rarely expands and you can't play them yourself.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Stupid question:

Do I need both TWW1 and TWW2 installed with their respective DLC's to access them in Mortal Empires or does installing TWW2 and owning TWW1 download the appropriate files?

Further more can I, for example, play a non-ME VC campaign with TWW2 or do I have to swap back and forth between the games to play non-ME games?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

If you own 1 you only need to download 2 to play ME as any race. If you want to play the Old World map you have to play 1. You can only play the vortex campaign as one of the 4 new races, though with mods you can start as anyone.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I take it that means some of the 2 changes haven't made it into 1 unless you play via ME?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

Anyone think CA will also include Nagash as a non-starter LL? (like the Bird-Wizard)

All I want now from TW:WH is to run over Nagash with a Steam tank again

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Gridlocked posted:

I take it that means some of the 2 changes haven't made it into 1 unless you play via ME?

Nothing is being back ported. Mortal Empires is strictly for TW2, and it's unlocked by owning (not required to have installed) TW1.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Ok so TW1 install only necessary if I want to play like an Old World Orc story campaign?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

TW1 only needs to be installed if you want to play that game, otherwise you just need to own it on Steam in order to get access to ME.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Sweet thanks guys :)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i wanna see legionaries fight a goddamn dragon

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Devorum posted:

Is Morathi's start supposed to be insanely difficult?

I've started as her twice, and both times every Elf nation has successively declared war on me and taken turns sending full stacks from Ulthuan every few turns starting around Turn 30. I'm having trouble expanding because I constantly have to have my armies near my settlements because they sail straight for any that are undefended.

It is a hard start. You need to hope your allies to the north east pull their weight. If they don't, what ever.

Get your province first. Then find a way to ally with the norse and if you can't, just put walls on your port town and your southern town.

Hope the skaven are cool with you.

Once you got walls up, station your self in your port town and take the area to your east via the sea when you can. Do not fight dark elves for it, only the high elves.

If you are doing well, the dark elves on ulthwan should want to do trade with you and maybe ally.

You are pretty much going to ignore anything to the north and let your son deal with that while you start fighting elves and hoping the lizardmen don't look north.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Third World Reggin posted:

It is a hard start. You need to hope your allies to the north east pull their weight. If they don't, what ever.

Get your province first. Then find a way to ally with the norse and if you can't, just put walls on your port town and your southern town.

Hope the skaven are cool with you.

Once you got walls up, station your self in your port town and take the area to your east via the sea when you can. Do not fight dark elves for it, only the high elves.

If you are doing well, the dark elves on ulthwan should want to do trade with you and maybe ally.

You are pretty much going to ignore anything to the north and let your son deal with that while you start fighting elves and hoping the lizardmen don't look north.

Nagarythe, Eataine, Caledon, Ellyrian, and Tiranoc all just rolled up with full stacks, killed my Black Ark, then proceeded to go ham on my entire empire.

I guess nothing brings Ulthuan together like hatred for Morathi.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The Chad Jihad posted:

I don't know if anyone else missed this but importing Attila models to warhams?

Giving a quick read this is apparently a huge deal given Attila models can actually be customised/modelled (Warham modding is usually having to find work arounds with the existing assets). Assuming this doesn't get shut the hell down this cracks open the modding capabilities.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

SHISHKABOB posted:

Why's it called the desolation of Nagash when it's so far away from where the tomb kings live?

It's where he retreated to after his initial defeat. The mountain he turned into a fortress (Nagashizzar) conveniently sat upon a stupendous amount of warpstone that he mined out to unleash the magics that wiped out the then-living TKs and turned them into the undead legions they are today. A side effect of all that mining was excessive warpstone dust poisoning the area around Nagashizzar, turning it into the Desolation of Nagash.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Yeah, Nagashizzar is pretty much Mordor.

Really looking forward for this DLC and I hope that Arkhan's final battle is about ressurecting Nagash, so we can have a short sweet cinematic with the big bastard himself and his super fancy bone hat.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I just hope they use the original goofy 90s model as a base for the in-game version:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

50 dollar dlc, 90s warham models

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Angry Lobster posted:

Yeah, Nagashizzar is pretty much Mordor.

Really looking forward for this DLC and I hope that Arkhan's final battle is about ressurecting Nagash, so we can have a short sweet cinematic with the big bastard himself and his super fancy bone hat.

I hope they hug and go "MY FRIEND" and a bunch of skeletons around them rattle in joy (because they were made to).

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Third World Reggin posted:

50 dollar dlc, 90s warham models

Omg you're wearing a santa's hat!!!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It is christmas time and lowtax needs money

honestly I think his family needs it more

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Cool & Good!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gridlocked posted:

Iirc he ate some elf god/s and that whole thing of dividing the Winds of Magic up into mortal avatars played night into hid hands as he claimed the avatar of death and went anout sucking up more powers with his combinned TK/VC army

I think he just ate the Khemrian god of death during the final battle with the tomb kings. He was still part of the sentai force that challenged Archaon at the end of the Old World.

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

Aleth posted:

It's where he retreated to after his initial defeat. The mountain he turned into a fortress (Nagashizzar) conveniently sat upon a stupendous amount of warpstone that he mined out to unleash the magics that wiped out the then-living TKs and turned them into the undead legions they are today. A side effect of all that mining was excessive warpstone dust poisoning the area around Nagashizzar, turning it into the Desolation of Nagash.

When he arrived in the desolation, Nagash enslaved the indigenous humans and forced them to mine warpstone and worship him. These humans mutated in to the first ghouls.

ZeusJupitar fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 22, 2017

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Day 3 of the Christmas Event that CA is doing seems to be a hint of some kind, possibly for their latest main game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03pEfZDWBgk

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Gejnor posted:

Day 3 of the Christmas Event that CA is doing seems to be a hint of some kind, possibly for their latest main game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03pEfZDWBgk

https://youtu.be/OXQwx1EolD8

Good dissection of the video here. I'm optimistic about the future, definitely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
YOU RAT-BASTARD!!