Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

EightAce posted:

March the 18th 2018 ...........

answer the call?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

l like how it takes an hour to copy over your profile into the PTU.

Basically is a few select statements combined with inserts.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Mu77ley posted:

Paradox games are my great weakness. I love them and will buy every bit of DLC, but I am utterly shite at them sadly.

Stellaris has been keeping me up way too late recently...

I tried Stellaris when it went on sale but sadly don't have enough time for it. Just bought EU4 as well so trying to finish my first playthrough. Plus there is always CK2 which gets neglected :(

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

FailureToReport posted:

Pretty sure I can sanitize the account I bought for my brother years back. That'd be worth it to watching some solid citizen fun.

I can dig it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/ptu-build-status

quote:

quote:
Hello everyone!

QA is currently testing Star Citizen Alpha 3.0.0-694913. Should this testing go well we will deploy this build to the PTU Environment later tonight!

Also... we will also be opening tonight's build to all backers should this pass QA.

Odds of 3.0 going Live tomorrow just increased by alot

:jackbud::jackbud::jackbud:

They changed it. This is what it says now

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/944204464214470656

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

I'm not sure what the best way to get ahold of me for the info is, especially in a format where someone else isn't going to pretend to be you LOL

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The alternative is to not have a major release two years in a row.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

FailureToReport posted:

I'm not sure what the best way to get ahold of me for the info is, especially in a format where someone else isn't going to pretend to be you LOL

PM?

Enot
Feb 18, 2016

All I want for Christmas is to watch Chris Roberts play 3.0

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

FailureToReport posted:

Report derek smart with the account info as the reason, that'll let beer see it

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

BadNewsBaron wrote a Medium post that is basically every generic rationalization for CIG's incompetence front to back. But underneath the comparisons of Chris to Elon Musk and the very important List Of Other Games That Took A Long Time, you can tell the guy is hurting.

It's the most pathetic thing about this scam that I have ever read.

When you quit a paying marketing job, to take on a self-employed marketing job, you have a vested interest in wearing blinders while ignoring the REAL loving PROBLEMS with the development.

He can go gently caress himself.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Latin Pheonix posted:

To save you the time of reading it yourselves, CIG have essentially subdivided the original 100 ordinary £1 shares to 1,000,000 ordinary £0.0001 shares instead.

This could be the start of some new corporate shenanigans by CIG; normally sub-divisions like this occur if one of the shareholders wants to buy/sell shares but at a proportion that the original number of shares wouldn't allow (say, buying £30.555 worth of shares). The main (boring) reason I could picture this happening is because one of the shareholders (Chris, Erin or Ortwin) want to dispose of their shares but not in a proportion that was currently possible. Maybe Erin wants another £300k from the company but the other two would only do it if he sold a portion of his equity in the company (lol, like they would care about the state of the company)?

One of the strange things someone (presumably Chris) did with this company was actually putting in an additional £198,000 of their "own" money above par value for the shares (it's the share premium amount). There isn't really any good reason for it, the proportion speculation is a good guess. Perhaps they want to give shares to more employees and want to ensure it's diluted significantly. Normally you'd issue a different class of non-voting shares but, maybe someone (Ortwin) needed a reason to bill the companies for legal fees.

mjotto posted:

They did something with Foundry42 as well: Previous accounting period shortened from 31 December 2017 to 30 June 2017.

There's no time to do a livestream. We have to cook the books!

Normally you would take this action to make sure all your group companies have the same year end. So the first thing this means is that they will have to do this for the other companies in the group.

The second thing this means is that we're due these accounts by 31 March 2018.

The isn't really a "good" reason for doing this.

It does mean that instead of events that have happened in the six months from July 2017 to December 2017 being public knowledge around September 2018, we will have to wait until around March 2019. Which directly corresponds with us being able to definitively tell if the Coutts loan was a pay day one, or just long term funding.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Report derek smart with the account info as the reason, that'll let beer see it

Yeah but then Beet might too...

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

nawledgelambo posted:

lol

disco lando went live on twitch at 330AMPST fromt he CIG offices

And?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

He was at work at 3AM 3 days before Christmas.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

And it's a friday, the twenty-second of december, in a corporate office, with christmas two days away, working on a presentation that was "only hours" from being delivered,"

did I mention it was three thirty in the morning?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

big nipples big life posted:

He was at work at 3AM 3 days before Christmas.

nawledgelambo posted:

And it's a friday, the twenty-second of december, in a corporate office, with christmas two days away, working on a presentation that was "only hours" from being delivered,"

did I mention it was three thirty in the morning?

No, I meant: "And did he say/do anything interesting?"

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Poor, poor disco.

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/944130217395732480

Chris won't even let them have heat.

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/944194931387613184

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

Look mom, I'm contributing to this thread!

edit: no hands; broken wrists.

You poor thing. I hope your wrists get better soon. :(

I know you’re not lying or being metaphorical either because you’ve got a history of being honest and rely on the good faith of your supporters to not lie to them or make them feel like chumps getting conned.

I also preemptively hope your water main break gets fixed soon too. :(

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

spacetoaster posted:

No, I meant: "And did he say/do anything interesting?"

He proved that they are in maximum crunch on the Friday before Christmas, that's pretty :lol:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

lol. Ok, yeah sure.

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/943934985362214912

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

D_Smart posted:

When you quit a paying marketing job, to take on a self-employed marketing job, you have a vested interest in wearing blinders while ignoring the REAL loving PROBLEMS with the development.

Pretty much this.

This is exactly why I try to tell people to take anything these dedicated Star Citizen creators say about the game with a truckload of salt. In many of their cases, it is literally their livelihood to keep the faith going. Unless they are incredibly stupid and have no clue how Niche Content Creator dynamics work, the second they try to leave (as I guess someone said WTFO did) no one gives a poo poo about watching them play. It's essentially starting from ground zero.

So if their entire financial livelihood depends on Citizens, you don't rock the boat, because you're literally drowning yourself as well when it flips.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Those old photos are just pulled from a folder and tweeted every few days, you know it, don't lie to yourself

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Omniblivion posted:

About all of these "dont show any of my friends SC any more" comments....

is that a metaphor too, like if they had friends they wouldn't show it to them?

It’s metaphors all the way to the dark, chocolate core.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Titanic posted:

It’s metaphors all the way to the dark, chocolate core.

that's not chocolate

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

BadNewsBaron wrote a Medium post that is basically every generic rationalization for CIG's incompetence front to back. But underneath the comparisons of Chris to Elon Musk and the very important List Of Other Games That Took A Long Time, you can tell the guy is hurting.

quote:

Personally, I believe. Not just in the game. For whatever reason, the people who are attracted to the Star Citizen community are some of the most gracious, generous, and genuine gamers I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Good or bad, at the end of the day Star Citizen is just a game. And truth be told, as a content creator I owe Cloud Imperium Games nothing. It is the Star Citizen community that allows me to chase my dreams of being an entertainer. It’s them I owe, even if it means criticizing CIG when deserved, and I will continue to invest my time into them for as long as they allow me to do so.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

So they hosed with perspective and added some greeblies to the back of the turret but basically everything else lines up, including the major identifying marks on the chassis and the cowl over the barrel of the gun.

It’s just a metaphor for “its a real game, honest” when what they really meant to say was “gently caress your stupid dreams, send us more money for our poo poo photoshops that will never, ever become a game.”

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Stay Frosty

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Wait why the gently caress would you make your community manager stay overnight to handle technical issues?

What the hell? "gently caress this deploy is completely screwed. HEY! CINDY FROM MARKETING! Get your rear end in here, reinstall VMWare on all of these servers before you go home tonight. Okay, my work here is done."

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

God help me, I'm installing 3.0

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah but then Beet might too...

I'm always watching.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

spacetoaster posted:

Chris won't even let them have heat.

It's gonna be a real joke when Chris is visited by the ghost of christmas past, present and future and they're all stuck at 3.0

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

Someone does not know how to position sound isolation sheets correctly either...

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beet Wagon posted:

God help me, I'm installing 3.0

Stream when???

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://www.twitch.tv/disco_lando

disco is live

nvm, just hosting some dude.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Gotta love the citizens knack for only showing their friends the "good bits" and waiting until CIG have a chance to edit their vids, and stating as such that they are selling their friends a censored version of the projects reality.

Do they realise that by doing this they are lying to their friends? Would a normal person lie to their friends in order to have them fund something that is on shaky ground at the best of times? An actual friend would not ask such a thing and certainly would not censor what their friends see of the project. Citizens, you are not friends to yours, you are CIG's bitches/gimps/coin purses/shills. :lol:

People who have invested in a pyramid scam do this kind of thing, it's how the pyramid structure works, tell your friends, don't tell them the bad stuff though, offset yourself being scammed by scamming your friends. :shrug:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Daztek posted:

Stream when???

I need to go to the liquor store and unrelated also I need to go to the hot sauce store.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

SomethingJones posted:

HANG ON A MINUTE

So Derek knew the "gameplay" was going to be pre-recorded

So they've delayed the stream because that recording wasn't ready. They couldn't even get a video out of it in time for the livestream.

Do you not understand fraud development? Do you know how hard it is to record video of a game where the only reality of that game is photoshopped stuff? Yeah, they got to have animators go in and animate a ton of “gameplay”. Possibly even train employees to match the video with game pad movements too to make it look real.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Sabreseven posted:

Gotta love the citizens knack for only showing their friends the "good bits" and waiting until CIG have a chance to edit their vids, and stating as such that they are selling their friends a censored version of the projects reality.

Do they realise that by doing this they are lying to their friends?

(They don't have friends)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://streamable.com/mp5uv

Good morning, commando!